• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Have you found any shinies in 3rd gen?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 5, 2014
Yeah the only randomly encountered one i found was on emerald. A shiny lotad that is now a shiny ludicolo on my team

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2017
i never encountered any in 3rd gen, but i did find a 3rd gen shiny on my platinum. it was a surskit which is now on my x version is a part of my team. it was the first shiny i ever got and i love it so much.

Mesmerella

Preschooler
Years
I've encountered a lot of shinies in Gen III... The first shiny I ever got, as a kid, was a Heracross from Leaf Green. Sadly, I deleted the file that had the Heracross... I had no idea just how important a shiny really was! I also managed to get a shiny Poochyena and Pikachu in Emerald; I don't have those anymore, either. I wonder what happened to them...

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
The only shiny to date, was a Carvanha at route 118 I think. I was surprised, but I managed to catch it.

Years
I found two shinies in my Sapphire version: Geodude and Numel. I kept Numel for my team, because I liked the blue variation it had; Geodude I left in my PC. I really didn't understand what exactly I had found at that time, lol.

pastel_fallout

Sayounara
Years
I was playing a Sapphire ROM and I ran into a Shiny Poochyena IN THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME WHEN I HAD NO POKÉBALLS.
I was not happy. Also one time I was playing Sapphire and the Poochyena chasing Prof. Birch was shiny. >:I
Seriously not amused.

Years
I have 400+ hours on my FireRed, and I never saw a single shiny...I found a shiny in my Emerald within 2 hours. It's just down to luck really :/

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
I have met a few shinies in my time.. here's the list

!) Meowth
2) Vulpix
3)Golbat
4)Nincanda

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
GOT A SHINY MUDKIP ON RUBY AFTER 132 S/R!!!

(previous hunt took well over 5000 S/R's yielding 4 shiny Poochyenas at the beginning fight, but no Mudkip

Bellum

I'm Rin. Rin Okumura.
Years
I once got a shiny Charmander as my starter in fire red, didn't have to keep reseting for it either, got it first time xD

Don't know if rom hacks count but I caught a Shiny Vulpix in Pokemon Fuligin (after about 2 hours of running around in grass) and then caught a shiny Trapinch an hour later when level grinding :3 I named them Mozilla and Cynthia, and they helped me tear through the E4 xD

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
I remember before I even knew about PokeCommunity, EV'ing, or the idea of shiny pokemon, I had started up a game and accidentally got a shiny Torchic. I was absolutely confused as to what the bloody heck was going on with my game; I actually thought the game had malfunctioned. Luckily though, I had the brilliant idea of looking up my interesting discovery and I'm happy to say that to this day I still own my first ever shiny.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
did find a shiny graveler in magma hidout in emerald, but it use selfdestruct and fainted..... :(

Cinderella

Ooh, she's a little runaway~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen May 19, 2014
The only shiny I found was in FireRed. It was an Oddish, and I did catch it but I didn't really care much about shinies back then.

Years
4 out of the 6 shiny Pokemon that I've ever encountered in the Pokemon games have actually been in the 3rd generation, though I've only had the opportunity to catch two of them.

Of the two I didn't catch, one was a Paras in the Safari Zone (I didn't deserve to catch it), and the other was a shiny Weedle... in the Pokemon catching tutorial by the old man in Viridian. The two that I did catch both came from Sapphire, and were a shiny Shroomish (now a Breloom), and a shiny Heracross. Both are currently on my HeartGold, though I rarely use them.

This Weedle, and a shiny Psyduck (Shiduck!) which was caught. I haven't been as fortunate with shinies, haha.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
I seen a shiny geodude gong through the sevi islands in my fire red. It ran away.

Danny0317

Fluorite's back, brah
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Nov 19, 2023
All the shinies I've gotten (except for 3) were in 3rd gen. I got a shiny Taillow yesterday in Ruby, and I got a shiny Cacnea today in the same game.

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
I got my Poke Balls from Oak and went out to Route 1 and there was this shiny Pidgey waiting for me... second encounter.

I'm not lying. I know there's a meme of sorts about that thing but I LEGIT caught a shiny Pidgey. It's now on my X game as a Pidgeot.

That was my first non-Gyarados shiny ever. I also caught a shiny Smeargle and a shiny Phanpy on Expert Emerald, but that's a hack so...

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
The only shiny I ever found was a Voltorb in New Mauville, and that was before I knew what shinies were. I took it out. >.<

Back