• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Have you gotten any Galar shinies?

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    I got a shiny Rookidee in my second playthrough, right before Professor Magnolia's house, no less!

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • No, I haven't... I'm surprised I haven't run into a Shiny Greedent yet, considering how many of them I've battled at this point. I'm not too disappointed I haven't found a shiny yet, though. I know I'll get a Galar one someday.

Years
  • I've been really trying for a shiny Helioptile in my copy atm, about 200 encounters in, and no luck yet. Once I get to around 500 I should get a better chance...right? Glad to hear people are finding some nice Galar shinies though!

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    Nope, no galar shines yet. Just got the Magikarp from that event. Granted, I lent out my switch and then Covid happened.

Daymos

RPG Gamer
    Years
  • Nope, I have a shiny Skorupi and the Chandelure and strangely enough it says I've seen 3. I think I might have released one never even knowing I had it. Nothing native to galar though.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Vulpix, Drilbur, and Noibat in my Sword save; Vulpix and Noibat by running into them in the overworld by pure accident, and Drilbur while trying to catch one for the Pokedex anyway. Nothing in my Shield.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2020
    I have a shiny zekrom or shiny black kyrum

no galars though

Last edited by a moderator:

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • No, I haven't... I'm surprised I haven't run into a Shiny Greedent yet, considering how many of them I've battled at this point. I'm not too disappointed I haven't found a shiny yet, though. I know I'll get a Galar one someday.

Still no shiny Galar Pokemon, but I found a Shiny Bounsweet today. Completely random 1 in 4096 encounter.

Lucifer

Fallen1
    Years
  • I bred a shiny Sobble, Scorbunny and Rookidee and intend to breed a Grooky at some point when I finish with the Isle of Armor (I have a Japanese Grookie from a Surprise Trade ready to go in my box).
    I also bred two shiny Eevees (the second one was actually an accident) and intend to breed a shiny Gigantimax Charmander now that I can convert any capable Pokemon to G-max on the Isle of Armor.

I was told on Youtube 5 months ago whilst attempting to hunt Rookidee and Wooloo on routes 1 and 2 that the wild odds are glitched into near non-existence.
    Apparently the increased odds only affect 3% of encounters meaning each time you encountered the Pokemon your hunting you'd have a 3% of it having the increased odds.

I can confirm that something was up at the time of this exchange as I'd chained at least 1000 Rookidee and never encountered a shiny when statistically I should have encountered at least one.

Breeding odds, however, are fine and each one took me a couple of weeks or so which compared to some unsuccessful shiny starter hunts I've done in older generations is not bad at all.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Shiny Corviknight, G.Weezing, Duraludon, Orbeetle, and Polteageist! All caught in raids expect for the Corviknight which was a wild encounter.

Still hunting for shiny Obstagoon and Snom tho. :'(

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I hunted a Shiny Snom back in November, but I'm thinking about hunting it again since I'm not 100% certain if it was full-odds (I already had at least 2 battles registered in the Dex). In SWSH, your chances of finding a Shiny are boosted based on the total number of times you've battled (that is, fainted/caught) that species in the wild.

XwL0LBM.png

Based on Serebii's chart above, one could assume that the boost doesn't take effect until that number reaches 50. However, I can't help but wonder if even one battle would boost your odds by 0.03%. Just in case, on my current save, I've made sure not to faint or catch any wild Snom (or any other Pokémon I think I'd want to Shiny-hunt in the future).

I also got a couple Shiny Dottler (again, not 100% if full-odds). Evolved one of them into Orbeetle.

(I prefer hunting my Shinies at full odds, if you couldn't tell.)

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I haven't had much luck with Shinies as of late. I also haven't really been looking for Galar Shinies. I will say that I got a random Shiny Comfey while I was running around Isle of Armor. I also haven't really looked at Galar Shiny Pokemon to see if there are any that I really really want.

I've been trying to hunt for a Shiny Noctowl, but my encounters have been terrible
    And I have been trying to get Shiny Riolu in an egg, but again, with little luck.

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • I've got two already. First was Hattrem. I found her when I was looking for a Shiny Ponyta. That was the 3rd Hattrem that I battled. I finally got a Shiny Ponyta after battling 542. 😊

Back