• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Serious Have you had the vaccine yet?

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    First one was today. The second one is next month. Let's see if there's going to be side effects...

tigertron

Pokémon Master
    Years
    Ok, I had my second jab on Wednesday and I have had flu like symptoms (aches, bad head, tiredness). I'm feeling better today but I'd happily do it again if I had to. If anyone is on the fence about side effects, just know that it's temporary and the positives far outweigh any risks.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    We have a sort of official digital letterbox system on our phones here which pings when you get email from the tax agency or other authorities and stuff. As soon as it pinged me with a letter from the vaccinating authorities, I insta-booked. Timeslots disappeared before my eyes as I went through the steps to book so I had to be fast; everyone else my age in this city also got the ping at the same time most likely ahah.

The second dose is booked for Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous about side effects but I know people who took the second pfizer shot and were basically fine, so I'm hoping I'll be one of those. The first shot didn't affect me much at all. I still want/need to work on Thursday and Friday, see ahah.

Years
    We have a sort of official digital letterbox system on our phones here which pings when you get email from the tax agency or other authorities and stuff. As soon as it pinged me with a letter from the vaccinating authorities, I insta-booked. Timeslots disappeared before my eyes as I went through the steps to book so I had to be fast; everyone else my age in this city also got the ping at the same time most likely ahah.

The second dose is booked for Wednesday. I'm a bit nervous about side effects but I know people who took the second pfizer shot and were basically fine, so I'm hoping I'll be one of those. The first shot didn't affect me much at all. I still want/need to work on Thursday and Friday, see ahah.

Pfizer isn't bad. I mixed Pfizer and Moderna and still had limited side effects. I'm sure you'll be fine :>

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Pfizer isn't bad. I mixed Pfizer and Moderna and still had limited side effects. I'm sure you'll be fine :>

Yee i hope. I do have some other friends who took pfizer and got baaad fevers for a day or two though d: still, I consider this highly preferable to getting actual covid-19. There's no hesitation.

Years
    I think the symptoms last a day or two than vanish completely so it shouldn't be too bad ^^ Best to prepare though just in case!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I should probably prepare to work from home at the end of the week at least o:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    I should probably prepare to work from home at the end of the week at least o:

After my second dose, all I felt was some mild tiredness... except I hadn't slept the previous night so I can't really tell which one was the actual cause :P It went away the following day, so. Good luck with that!

Last edited:

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
    I got two doses of Sputnik V. The first dose didn't quite have any noticeable side-effect but I was down when I got the second dose for a day.

The other vaccines people around me take have long gaps between their two doses :O

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Got my second shot :3 feeling fine so far (after a paracetamol just in case hehehe)

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Got my second one today. Both were Biontech. After the first one I "only" had chills for an entire day. And I've been told that could also be happening with the second shot. I've also seen a bunch of people who went to get their first one. Afaik country wise we're somewhere around 60% fully vaccinated.

And of course: my coworkers are still whining about how the evil state tries to force them into getting it as well, even though they really don't want it. (the usual arguments about "rights" and stuff)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I got vaccinated back in February and March. I had a reaction to the second, with an evening and all-night migraine. I got no sleep because if I was under any cover (including solely a sheet) I was sweating, while if I was under nothing I was freezing. D:

I'm eligible for the booster shot and really should go take it, but I anticipate dealing with that again and have to prepare myself. lol.

Years
    I got mine in March, just as soon as I could, and then got boosted the day before Thanksgiving. I spent most of Thanksgiving day feeling cold, achy, tired, and generally miserable, but I regret nothing.

Back