• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you lost anyone dear to you?

Bay

Years
    No, I haven't yet, but my dad almost died five years ago. That was one of the scariest moments of my life. ;_;

However, I lost someone I wished I get to know better. I have this one friend who died when I was in high school. The two of us knew each other in middle school and we get along well, but we don't talk to each other that much. The day I heard she died many of her closest friends cried and so is one of her teachers. I didn't cry, but I wished I get to know her better as she's an amazing person with a lot of people that cared for her.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    Yes, in a slightly different sense. My best childhood friend had to go under witness protection nearly ten years ago, and I haven't seen nor heard of him since. He's still alive somewhere, but it's extremely unlikely that I'll ever see him again. =/ I doubt he even remembers me. XD

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    My best friend, Alex, died four years ago.
    It was a big shock, but my mother cried more than me. I still see him in my dreams sometimes.

That's life.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I never lost anyone close to me, the closest would happen to be my dog who I cared for since he was a little puppy after we adopted him. He was a Yorkshire Terrier and I literally grew up with him until many years later he passed away. It tore me apart and all I could ask myself was "Why? Why did it have to happen to me?"

However, even though I haven't lost a human being close to me, my father happens to be diagnosed with Mesothelioma Cancer which is uncurable. He found out about 2 years ago and the doctor gave him about 4 years to live. I wake up every morning hoping he'll still be there, still be there for me when I need him. I pray that he will still be there to see me graduate high school, attend university, grow up to be a kid who lives his dreams, and so much more.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    I've lost quite a few people, yes, and if anyone else close to me dies I'm going to flip s**t.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I lost my grandfather this Summer and my grandmother a few years back on almost the same date. August is pretty much targeted as a bad luck month in my family.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
    My cousin died in a car crash about 7 years ago. We weren't incredibly close, but it was still a life-changing moment for my family.

Other than that, no one incredibly close to me has died. I consider myself very lucky.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Hm. I have lost my grandfather. I was really young when that happened though. D:

I did lose my cousin Jenny. She committed suicide by overdosing on painkillers I think. x_x No one knows why either because she had really good life. D:

Years
    I have lost too many people for my liking.

My best friend committed suicide.
    My aunty died from cancer.
    My cousin was playing football and fainted. He died before he hit the ground :/

Too much death for my liking.
    And it was all in the same month.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Yes.

Both physically and emotionally. One of my early high school friends committed suicide; my brother was murdered; and an old middle school friend decided to break up out 6-year friendship over a stupid phone call and now resides clear across the country. We even graduated together.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I don't remember this at all but my Grandmother died when I was about 3. If it counts my uncle's wife also died at about the same time.

Oh, and a slightly distant cousin of mine's grandfather passed away from cancer a few years back. ;; I really liked him and he was family.

For any really close to me I haven't, but I won't be surprised if my grandfather is next, since he's 90 and not doing so well. D:

Years
    Three people that I knew have passed away. All of them were within about two years of each other about six to four years ago. Nobody close to me, although at the funerals I always felt like I didn't make an effort to know them well enough, and now the opportunity was gone. I got my grandmother's brother's guitar, and that's when I mainly started playing. The other two people were my grandfather and my uncle.

Back