• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you managed to catch a legendary yet?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Not yet for me! I've taken down one legendary raid so far (Articuno) but didn't manage to catch it with any of the 9 balls. Going out in a minute to try for a nearby Lugia!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Yep.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Nope. I did one Lugia raid yesterday with ~17 people (19 accounts), but had no luck in catching it. Oh well. Hopefully they'll be readily available after tomorrow (have work and etc here! Lack of time this evening even to go out, wah).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Been in 7 raids. Some of the people around here have been in like 50. Truly dedicated, also truly crazy.

Only caught one Articuno lmao I really want Lugia! So imma keep trying :)

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Not even 1legendary raid nearby so far

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Beat a Lugia today and didn't manage to catch it either :( That's 3 legendary raids beat so far but no catches, think I need some lucky charms or something! The main problem I'm having is that the game gets so laggy on my ancient phone with so many players in the same area so it's very hard to land proper shots and half the balls end up getting wasted. Still, getting sad!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    Obviously not since I don't live in New York City, I'm lucky if Incan find 4-5 people at a gym let alone 20+....

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • 4 Lugia Raids, no Lugia caught. Wah.

I did get my first Articuno this morning at least. But only really caring about it for the dex - Lugia is what I want!

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    1 Articuno raid, 0 Lugia raid.
    0 Articuno caught, 0 Lugia caught. Since it's so hard to sync and successfully complete a legendary raid, I'm very angry at Niantic ending Articuno on Monday.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    1 Articuno raid, 0 Lugia raid.
    0 Articuno caught, 0 Lugia caught. Since it's so hard to sync and successfully complete a legendary raid, I'm very angry at Niantic ending Articuno on Monday.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah I dont think I'm gonna get another Articuno. Working weekends doesn't really help my cause lol

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I finally caught an Articuno, it spawned right outside the office. We were about 30 at that Raid and had to organise 2 separate groups lol. I'll continue to chase them, to help people that still didn't catch them

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I got Lugia! Bf and I caught our first one in the same raid. We only had 12 people in but tons got Lugia which was awesome. Mine is 93% :)

Articuno raid earlier too... bf got two in the same day.

Years
  • I finally caught an Articuno, it spawned right outside the office. We were about 30 at that Raid and had to organise 2 separate groups lol. I'll continue to chase them, to help people that still didn't catch them

That's nice of you :)

I've seen at least one Lugia or Articuno raid a day since they were released, but they've always been while I'm at work or otherwise can't get to them. I also don't have any of the recommended pokemon for beating them, and given that I live in a small town... I'll probably end up having to try and beat it on my own. I'm going to be heading back to university in September though so I'm hopeful that I'll have better luck there.

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2017
    I catch one in every 3 or 4 raids i do, which seems average.

I wait for the attack and time a curveball to hit directly after the attack, this way i only lose a ball when the legendary attacks 2 times in a row, which is rather rare. You cannot lose balls from the pokemon flying up or down this way.

So i got 3 Lugia and 2 Articuno. I got INCREDIBLY lucky with the IVs, i got a 96% articuno, a 93% Lugia and a 87% Lugia. 2 really good ones, one decent one, and two crap ones, really great for a sample size of 5.

Still want more Lugia. I will play every 4 star or 5 star raid for TMs and special candy, and to help other players, the raids i really chase are Lugia and Despotar.

Articuno seems strictly worse than Lapras. Lapras has lower CP, but is much bulkier, survives much longer, and seems to do the same damage.

Lugia just seems over-all great with the right moveset. I have no good allakhazam, but with two Espeon and two Lugia, i should be able to solo Machamp, i still need some good machamps because i also still lack some good attackers against Despotar.

Graine

It looks at you and casts Mind Blast.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2018
    I finally got an Articuno this morning! S/O to Soapy for helping me despite having 2 already! <3

Hopefully I won't have to wait on the last day of the event to catch Moltres..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    No Moltres yet. Two raids today. Nothing. :( Didn't spawn in our suburb so we had to travel a bit but I am CONFIDENT tomorrow is my day!

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Caught a Moltres on my account on the first Moltres Raid! I had [user]Graine[/user]'s phone too, but I didn't manage to catch it on his :( Still no Lugia on either account

Back