• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you read a pokémon manga, yes or no?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I've only read the Pokespecial/Pokemon Adventures manga when I was really sick and my sister suggested that I should try it out. I was kind of reluctant at first but I absolutely loved all the different personalities and it made me view the protagonists of the Pokemon series in a whole new light rather than the general 'awkward social skills and can only manage to say the words yes or no but still somehow gets along with life'. I've read all of the arcs up until HG/SS but I've been meaning to read that for a while. Laziness gets the better of me though.

I'm interested in reading the Electric Tale of Pikachu though, but I've only ever read Pokemon Adventures and that was incredibly awesome. Would love to read some other Pokemon mangas. :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    I've read PokeSpe and thought it was amazing. The new arcs are a bit confusing, but not really. My favorite arc was probably Emerald. I love Jirachi and the Battle Frontier and Emerald is great.

Also, I just looked up RéBURST. I didn't realize it was an actual manga. A while ago I was in a RP based off the concept, but they didn't mention they had based it off this. Huh.

Elixir.

Fly Away
    Years
  • I read Pokemon Adventures up until around the Ruby/Sapphire chapter, but I stopped reading it for some reason. I might have to start reading it again thanks to this thread. :P

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I didn't really like the Manga because it wasn't in the Pokémon spirit, in my opinion. It also seemed to distant to the Pokémon train of thought. I was so use to the games and anime that it was just too different to me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    The only manga I read is pokemon red adventures.
    I think that's what it's called.

It's Pokémon Adventures in English publications and Pokémon Special in Japan.
    It has two nicknames as well: PokéSpe and PokéSupe
    So, one of the proper ways to say it is that you read the Red, Green & Blue arc of Pokémon Special.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Recently, I've started to pick up the Pokemon Adventures/Special manga from the library ad I'm currently on Volume 2. It's much better than the anime in my opinion. It's the VIZ version so there's a lot parts censored but I have no way to obtain the Chuang Yi translations, and I don't like that they flip the pages from the original Japanese style of right-to-left to the English style of Left-to-right. I hate when English manga companies flip the art and pages of the manga they publish cause it ruins the artwork. Though some of the censorship in the VIZ version is just ridiculous, so for some volumes, i may just deal with the page flippings and read the Chuang Yi version or find a fan made translation of the original online somewhere.

I'm also reading a series called "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventures!" It's different from the Adventures manga as it follow a different character, Herata , and the story is obviously different. So far have read volume 1 of that and it's pretty amusing and has an interesting enough story to make me want to read more.

I want to read RéBURST really badly cause it sounds like a really neat concept. I really wish VIZ or Chuang Yi would translate it.

Years
  • Yes I read 2 first arcs - Ash being an Indigo champion & beating Elite Four.

I like reading manga more because I'm too lazy watch anime (too long)...

Strangely, I couldn't find the next arcs on the internet. Can anyone help me?

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Recently, I've started to pick up the Pokemon Adventures/Special manga from the library ad I'm currently on Volume 2. It's much better than the anime in my opinion. It's the VIZ version so there's a lot parts censored but I have no way to obtain the Chuang Yi translations, and I don't like that they flip the pages from the original Japanese style of right-to-left to the English style of Left-to-right. I hate when English manga companies flip the art and pages of the manga they publish cause it ruins the artwork. Though some of the censorship in the VIZ version is just ridiculous, so for some volumes, i may just deal with the page flippings and read the Chuang Yi version or find a fan made translation of the original online somewhere.

I'm also reading a series called "Pokemon Diamond and Pearl Adventures!" It's different from the Adventures manga as it follow a different character, Herata , and the story is obviously different. So far have read volume 1 of that and it's pretty amusing and has an interesting enough story to make me want to read more.

I want to read RéBURST really badly cause it sounds like a really neat concept. I really wish VIZ or Chuang Yi would translate it.

Just read chapter 33, 132, 180 and 209 from the uncensored Chuang Yi editions. Read the rest of volume 1-40 from VIZ editions (volume 8-22 and probably also volume 23-40 of the Chuang Yi editions are cross-translated from Chinese, instead of being directly translated from Japanese, which have caused some mess ups). Both Chuang Yi and VIZ are ok for volume 41+ (Chuang Yi stopped flipping the pages then), but I would get Chuang Yi for vol. 41+, since they are better than VIZ when it comes to those volumes. Chuang Yi editions are easy to find on eBay.

There are scanlations available for Pokémon RéBURST chapter 1-10 and 69-71.

Yes I read 2 first arcs - Ash being an Indigo champion & beating Elite Four.

I like reading manga more because I'm too lazy watch anime (too long)...

Strangely, I couldn't find the next arcs on the internet. Can anyone help me?

Are you talking about The Electric Tale of Pikachu?

ErikaInRainbowCity

Everyday I'm Tumblin'
    Years
  • I've read PokeSpec all the way up to the Ruby/Sapphire arc but i've been meaning to pick it up again. I also read the Electric Tale of Pikachu in fact I'm pretty sure I owned the first volume when I was younger.

Back