• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have you transferred your first pokemon over to X/Y?

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
    Years
    Unless you started in Gen I or Gen II (I don't think you can transfer in these games), then you have the option to get your very first pokemon to X/Y. (Assuming you have the requirements. I.E. Ds lite to transfer from III -> IV, 2 Ds consoles to transfer from IV -> V, and finally PokeTransfer for V -> VI.

I started in diamond and pearl. Just transferred half of my first game clear pokemon from pearl to X. This included my first starter, a level 74 Empoleon, and my lv 86 Gastrodon I caught at level 4 at the beginning of my game. Also is a Luxio I remember excessively trying to level up to evolve it when I was young. Oh, it's so cool to see them in X, and emotional... Cry.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
    Unless you started in Gen I or Gen II (I don't think you can transfer in these games), then you have the option to get your very first pokemon to X/Y. (Assuming you have the requirements. I.E. Ds lite to transfer from III -> IV, 2 Ds consoles to transfer from IV -> V, and finally PokeTransfer for V -> VI.

Gen I and II you can trade between. and i'm pretty sure if you have gen VI for 3ds and a ds lite/original ds for gen III -> IV you have the 2 DS's you need for the transfer :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    My first Pokemon was a Bulbasaur in Blue, about 15 years ago. Ah, the memories. Unfortunately it's impossible to transfer from Blue to X/Y, and besides, I must have started around 100 new games on that cartridge alone. It would be awesome to have it though.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
    My first Pokemon was a Bulbasaur in Blue, about 15 years ago. Ah, the memories. Unfortunately it's impossible to transfer from Blue to X/Y, and besides, I must have started around 100 new games on that cartridge alone. It would be awesome to have it though.

same. i want my mew from blue still though :(

Years
    Nope I haven't, mainly because I don't want to deal with the hassle of paying a subscription fee to use Pokemon Bank, and I have to respect the fact my family tries to save money a lot.

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
    Nope I haven't, mainly because I don't want to deal with the hassle of paying a subscription fee to use Pokemon Bank, and I have to respect the fact my family tries to save money a lot.

you could have done it for free during the trial period

Years
    I myself haven't transferred anything from that long ago into my Gen VI game. Most of my Gen III games I don't have with me, and only one I really have much on at all. There's not much i'd really want to keep from it, anyway.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Well, I'm one of those people who started back in Red/Blue/Yellow, so I can't transfer my very first Pokemon to Y. I think the oldest Pokémon I have on my Y came from my Pearl or Soul Silver. I have plenty of good stuff from Gen 5 and 6.

NRG

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2015
    Started with Gen 1 too, squirtle on red version. Traded myself charmander and bulbasaur from my blue version using a friend's gameboy and my link cable. Ahhh those were the days.

Even if it were technically possible, I wouldn't be able to get those pokemon into gen 2, or anything from gen 2 to gen 3 as my only gen 2 game was gold and the memory on the cartridge has died. Save file corrupted and any attempt to save a new game crashes it :(.

DoktorGilda

I will steal your lunch money
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2014
    (you can transfer from gen 1-2, I'll post a tutorial on it as soon as I'm able to)

I have transferred a bunch of 10-year old Pokemon from Ruby to X! My Blaziken, my Venusaur, Raichu, Latios...

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    It wasn't my literal first Pokemon, but it's a pretty interesting story.

Around the time Platinum was releasing, I decided to get back into Pokemon and read up on the ins and outs of competitive play, EV training, and the like(keep in mind, I missed out on Diamond/Pearl). I decided I'd dig up my old copy of Sapphire, hook it into my Gamecube Gameboy Player, and try my hand at EV training.

A Pokemon I decided I wanted early on was Sandslash, so I caught a Sandshrew on Route 113 (the one with the falling ashes). I was going to either breed or catch til I got one with good stats, but as luck would have it, this one had just what I needed - an attack-boosting nature. So I EV'd its stats (I later found out that he also had perfect IVs where I needed them) and couldn't decide on a nickname. A let's player I recently started following at the time was LPing Pokemon Ruby, and I asked him to hold a poll for his viewers to vote on what to name it, and the winning name was "DIGGZ".

After playing through Platinum, I gained access to the Pal Park, where I transferred him along with the other Pokemon I'd EV'd on Sapphire, Latias. Both of them became staple members of my competitive team at the time, earning me many a win. Diggz remained a veteran of my team throughout 4th gen and probably would've gone onto 5th if the competitive scene there didn't kinda suck.

However, when I got my hands on X, I also managed to obtain a second DS, and through the advent of Pokebank, was able to transfer him all the way to 6th generation, where he remains a staple of my main competitive team to this day.

Say what you want about Sandslash. Say he's low-tier. Say he's outclassed by this-and-that. But so help you if my Diggz gets up Sandstorm, Swords Dance, or Heaven forbid a combination of the two. He soaks up even supereffective physical hits, and has had a pretty good amount of sweeps in his time, even against powerhouses like Tyranitar, Garchomp, and the plethora of water-types that threaten it. This guy is the true OG of my Pokemon career.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    Though I was unable to bring her back from the depths of Pokemon Yellow, I recently recreated the very first level 100 Pidgeot that was the star of my team back in the day. Of course, she's a bit different now with age, but she's with me in spirit. I've had to restart or get new cartridges so many times that knowing who my first Pokemon were since Gen 3 is a bit of a blur.

I would have done the same with a Vileplume as well if there wasn't that petty ban against the name Violet.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Squirtle in Blue was my first, but there was no way for me to transfer, though, as it were impossible to send Pokémon from that game. However, I still do have my Camerupt from Pokémon Ruby. :) I first transferred it to Diamond back in 2008, and eventually to Platinum. Then, it went to Black, and later Black 2. Now, it's here in my Y version.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    My first Pokemon? I can't even get them on GSC. Haah.

The closet I could would be my Pokemon from Leafgreen on. Somehow, a few of my team members went missing, though...

I had to transfer over 300 Pokemon over, more than 10 boxes.
    My hands... broke.

Only reason? I hated my Black so much (More like Generation 5), I kept all my Pokemon in my HeartGold.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I did have a Charizard that I absolutely loved as a kid in Red. I did transfer it to G/S/C; but it stopped there. I was super bummed when I found out you couldn't migrate your Pokémon from G/S/C to R/S/E. Once, FR/LG came out, I actually recreated the Charizard. The only difference being the nature, which I really couldn't be asked to reset for natures. But yeah, that Charizard is now in my party in Y, with a Charizardite Y <33

Years
    • Age 28
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 20, 2017
    I had a gamecube and colosseum, so I could! She's not my first, but I've had her every generation I've played. My Lyssa, the red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage in Crystal. My first level 100, and first shiny (even though she doesn't reeeaaaallly count...). Seeing her in glorious 3D, and with an awesome mega-evolution is amazing XD I never had r/b/y, I was too young (3) so I started with Crystal. I've not actually been back and played the older generation, though I do need to D:

Back