• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Have you used the Legendary Pokemon?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I like legendaries a lot. I used my Yveltal from the time I caught it until somethime in the post game. I even EV trained it. But its been in the PC for awhile now, cuz I've been breeding and raising other Pokemon for competitve battles, so I didn't need it in my party. I also EV trained my Zygarde. Since legendaries are usuable in unrated Battle Spot battles (yes, finally, I can use them in Wifi battles!), I plan to make an all-legendaries team. For fun.

I'm still looking for a Xerneas. Have yet to catch Moltres (I've been putting it off since I've never cared much for the Kanto Bird trio). Caught Mewtwo, then traded it away for something (I didn't need it since I have 2 other Mewtwos on my Black2 waiting for the PokeBank).

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Personally I consider legendaries kinda noobish to use-when I'm on battle spot and I see a team of legendaries, I just go "ugh." I just like catching legendaries in pokeballs.

It's always funny though when you see a team with all/a lot of legendaries, and then you kick that guy's ass. Legendaries tend to be powerful, but that doesn't mean using them=automatic win. And some people don't get that.

Last edited:

大輔

Adventurer
    Years
  • I never use legendaries in any pokemon game. It just seems morally strange fighting NPCs with pokemon with mystical and overwhelming power. O.o;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I never use legendaries in any pokemon game. It just seems morally strange fighting NPCs with pokemon with mystical and overwhelming power. O.o;

This, so much. It's just weird. And the fact that no one ever mentions or even points out how strange it is for a child/teenager to be wielding the power of some godly, ancient Pokemon.

Syltti

Lilligant's Loving Trainer
    Years
  • Only used Yveltal in the required battle, but that was it. Mine doesn't have a good nature so I don't really wanna use it. xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2014
    Hey there I was wondering if anybody had a extra xerneas moltres or zapdos even a copy or someone who would want to trade a xerneas for a fully trained articuno
    Please email [email protected] or message me on here if u can help fc: 1478-4457-8953 in game name kira

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I've never really used legendaries. I'm not really sure why. I like the looks of a lot of them. I guess I just have better pokemon in my team that aren't legendaries. xD

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Just Mewtwo, koff~

Been leveling him up to get him to 100 just because. Master Mew deserves to be at his strongest before he languishes away in my electronic prison. Also, the people that use legendary Pokemon and want to battle you can be likened to the device that women use to clean their genitals with. I use Mewtwo to burn through the Restaurant circuit, but then again, I also use Mega Heracross. Mega Heracross is absolutely lethal, even with a Modest Nature handicap, koffi~

icelovebunnies9

Ghastly Dragon
    Years
  • I have never used Xerneas. Well, there was one time, but I accidentally didn't read what the question said and added it to my team. Or maybe I felt like using it in my team since I was so happy at that time. I don't remember. I used it right after you catch Xerneas. It was all right, I suppose. ^^ Just after that, I have never used a single legendary.

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    I haven't used legendaries in my teams since gen III. I prefer to use regular Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    The last legendary I used willingly in my team was Rayquazza back in gen III, mainly so I could just plow through the elite 4 to see if my emerald game would keep it's save. Was a bootleg -__- I finally got it to save earlier this year after not picking it up in a while yewyew! (Only took 8 years)

Years
  • In previous games, I would be using a Legendary (but only Latias, my favorite Legendary and second-favorite Pokemon alltogether), but I have not had a single Legendary in my X and Y team. In my opinion though, if you have to use more than one Legendary to win, you just plain suck.

Years
  • Nope, I haven't used any of the Legendaries. In fact, I haven't even caught Mewtwo, Zygarde, or Zapdos yet because I don't really want them. :P

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I don't like using the legendaries, something about just being handed powerful pokemon like that rubs me the wrong way. It feels cheap.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I never liked the idea of catching Legendary Pokemon. The game designers would do a game justice by involving them in the storyline, but never allow you to capture them.

When was the last time you saw a Legendary Pokemon coming out of a pokeball on a movie or cartoon episode? I don't recall any (haven't seen them all though).

EDIT: I did like having Groundon, but that's just because I have a soft spot in my heart for Ground-type Pokemon :)

IcePrincess

Ice & Ghost Type Lover ♥
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2016
    My Mewtwo is in my team at the moment, just been through the E4 again & I used its mega evolved forme against Diantha.

Back