• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haydunn and Shofu banned D:

Soar

n00b
Years
  • I don't know if this is allowed here or not, but i figured this would be a good place to post. So if you don't know who Haydunn and Shofu are, they are big Wi-Fi battlers and popular poke-tubers.

So what are your thoughts on them getting banned?

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Searches have found me nothing; please say what they have been banned from.

Soar

n00b
    Years
  • Searches have found me nothing; please say what they have been banned from.

They were youtubers and there accounts were terminated For 3 copyright strikes in 3 days. You cant find there videos because the accounts have been terminated

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I guess that's what Haydunn gets for those music videos with the nicknamed monsters. Wouldn't know anything about Shofu's circumstances, though. If they were banned on the basis of uploading Pokemon gameplay then... well, I'd say this regardless, that fair use needs rewriting to be more inclusive of some things.

Soar

n00b
    Years
  • I guess that's what Haydunn gets for those music videos with the nicknamed monsters. Wouldn't know anything about Shofu's circumstances, though. If they were banned on the basis of uploading Pokemon gameplay then... well, I'd say this regardless, that fair use needs rewriting to be more inclusive of some things.

Haydunn, possibly but all Shofu did was LP and Wi-Fi battles. Theres been talk of whos next :P

Possible theory #1
    Game Freak is going around and putting copyright strikes on all the ROM Players. For using the games without paying.

Possible Theory #2
    Someone is hacking them and putting Copyright claims on there channles.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • It could be possible a troll is flagging them for copyright issues. A similar situation happened with a big chunk of LPers, and not just Pokemon LPers, about two years ago. The situation was resolved and those that were suspended or banned or whatever were brought back. I'm not big on either of these YouTubers though so I can't say this situation is the same, but it does sound similar.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • They're actually friends irl so they cold just troll their viewers. Idk, interesting tho. I've watched a couple of Haydunn's vids lately, they were pretty good.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Haydunn, possibly but all Shofu did was LP and Wi-Fi battles. Theres been talk of whos next :P

Possible theory #1
    Game Freak is going around and putting copyright strikes on all the ROM Players. For using the games without paying.

Possible Theory #2
    Someone is hacking them and putting Copyright claims on there channles.
    To my knowledge, Youtube uses a DMCA takedown thing, so it isn't necessary to go about any hacking to flood a particular account with fallacious claims. Although, I only mean fallacious in terms of the reasoning for those claims, as most things on Youtube are, strictly speaking, in breach of copyright anyway and in all legality ought to be taken down. Things is, usually nobody minds or doesn't find it worth the effort (copyright owners and public alike), but the system is extremely prone to abuse (again only to my knowledge) so it seems in most cases the system is being played by randoms.

Years
  • I've seen a few of Shofu's videos and wifi battles. They're pretty good. I also loved his TM87 rap. I hope he gets unbanned because I don't really see any reason for him to get the hammer.

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    The rest of Wifitubers (Nbz and E-Lo) have been saying that it might be because of BW2 content, so they're holding their BW2 Wifi content on the down-low until the north american release.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
    Years
  • I'm really sad about this, Shofu and Haydunn are among the best competitive battlers out there, better than even Folgorio and Assassinsceptile imo. I hope their channel can be re-secured so I can see high quality competitive wifi matches again.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Haydunns channel is back, all his videos have been put back on public, not sure about shofu though :(

Soar

n00b
    Years
  • Haydunns channel is back, all his videos have been put back on public, not sure about shofu though :(

Haydunn only needs 1 more Copyright claim til his channel is terminated D:

Latest speculation, because of the use of swear words. The only 2 i know of are Haydunn and Shofu and they both swear. We can only wait and hope!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If they were banned for swearing, nearly the entire YouTube population needs a ban as well.

Fire Flyy

metaphysical poet
    Years
  • Haydunn only needs 1 more Copyright claim til his channel is terminated D:

Latest speculation, because of the use of swear words. The only 2 i know of are Haydunn and Shofu and they both swear. We can only wait and hope!

I have to agree with Sydian, by that logic, they would have banned Animalguy001 too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2015
    when i went to shofu's old videos it said this

"Pokemon Black & White 2 * -..."
    This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notifications of copyright infringement from claimant:
    The Pokemon Company international

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I remember a time where "Viacom" was taking down videos. Turns out, it was some lame [email protected] email troll that got YouTube to take down those videos.

I think first you need to look at the details of the DMCA takedown first, though I'm not sure Haydunn is too keen on releasing that info :P

Back