• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

He changed his avatar and his username?! WHO IS HE?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I kinda experienced this after leaving PC for about 3 years. When I left username changes were no longer allowed so you'd know pretty much everyone by their username. However, when I came back, changes were once allowed again and people started changing their names every so often and sometimes you'd come across a person who you knew, but you weren't sure who they were because of their name change.

Did you have any usernames before your current one? If so did you have any which you used for a long time before changing/one you were well known as before?

Has their been anyone on PC who you've probably known or even just seen around, but since a name change aren't quite sure to who they were?

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
    I was Mr. Silly for a day in July and it was pretty much the best day of my life. maybe I'll change it to that again someday. probably only for a day or something. I usually adapt rather quickly to name changes anyhow.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    yo tumblr is the worst for this. although after ignoring steam for about three years i have no idea who is anyone on that either

I had one username here that I used forever only because I couldn't change it. :T But I've really always just been known as Anna and I'm not difficult to identify lmao

i kept forgetting who Sonata was Dx sry bruh. and like, a lot of people I knew well enough changed names in the span of time where I was relatively inactive so I keep losing track still

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Ahaha, that happens when someone who rarely talks with you suddenly changeds their username. I probably have like 2 or 3 users on my Friend List that has changed their usernames that I don't even know them anymore 'til I check their statistic page haha.

Also, don't worry I'll mostly use Illusione-Tempus or Candela

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    i have had so many usernames on this site oh my god. let's see if i can give you a relative recall of the ones i don't mind naming off:

sugar Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ, milk Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ, The Red Chain, Nameless., Victini, MilkFlavored, Mario, and now to Larry.

sugar and milk both had special letters in them but hell if i would be able to tell you what was different. a lot of people recognize The Red Chain (otherwise known as TRC), so i think that's the best known out of my old names.

Lucid

i have had so many usernames on this site oh my god. let's see if i can give you a relative recall of the ones i don't mind naming off:

sugar Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ, milk Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ, The Red Chain, Nameless., Victini, MilkFlavored, Mario, and now to Larry.

sugar and milk both had special letters in them but hell if i would be able to tell you what was different. a lot of people recognize The Red Chain (otherwise known as TRC), so i think that's the best known out of my old names.

Your usernames would make a delightful coffee or tea.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    Always been Merak. Passed up my chances at changing my username before since I didn't have any good ideas at the time.
    Still don't really have any good ideas but eh. :D

Years
    I was known here as Hikari10 for around 2 years, and then when the first "comeback" name changes thread opened in late 2013, I decided to pick Hikamaru, the name I had been using on the battle server and then come 2014 I've officially adopted the name on the forums. Defines much better than Hikari10, because the old name had no significance to me whatsoever.

I'll never change my name again, because I wouldn't want to confuse some people but also because I'm lazy and Hikamaru is pretty much the perfect username for me.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I've been SilverSmeargleSplatter, Sydian, Everlark, Jak, and now Alli! The best known of my usernames is definitely Sydian. I'm still called Syd or Syddy by most people. I had that name for four months in 2009, but was inactive during that time. Then I had Sydian again around the beginning of 2010 when name changes were being finalized til whenever name changes were brought back, when I went to Everlark for a change of pace away from Sydian.

I think everyone hated Jak as a username for me, but I thought it was the most perfect thing ever. <3 Anyway, I'm pretty happy as Alli right now, but I'll probably go back to Sydian some time in the future. But I really like Alli, so you Sydfanatics can get over it. ;)

As for other people, I just click their username and look at what they were previously known as. :P So it's not a huge deal to me.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I was Flush'd before because I was stupid and put the wrong email address when I registered as Flushed lol. Luckily the admins were kind enough to make the switch for me, not that it's a huge difference.

I feel like I'm pretty in tune with the name changes, just figured out though that Illusione-Tempus was Candela from reading this thread haha

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    I signed up as Olli97 when I first joined the forum, and later switched to Olli once username changes became a thing again, so throughout most of my time on PC, everyone's known me as Olli. But for the longest time I'd been contemplating switching to Pidgey, which I eventually did last time we had the opportunity to change usernames. I'll probably switch back to Olli sometime, but for the moment I'm liking Pidgey :D

I often find myself being confused to who a person is following a name change until I check what their previous name is. This is mostly the case with staff members, or people who I see posting around a lot, but whom I don't personally talk to. Though it's fairly easy to check what their username was before, so it's not something that ever leaves me wondering for long :p

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I usually notice name changes pretty quickly. I started out on the forums as alvmonster, but changed that about a month after I came back and started posting. After that I was O'aka for like 8 or 9 months I think and now I'm Sonata. A lot of people didn't notice until months later and some people still haven't caught on to the name change haha.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    Did you have any usernames before your current one? If so did you have any which you used for a long time before changing/one you were well known as before?
    I used AlexTheRose for a long time before snapping up Alex. I kept that for a few cycles then changed to Senusret, then Inyotef.

Has their been anyone on PC who you've probably known or even just seen around, but since a name change aren't quite sure to who they were?
    There are a few faces... probably Drew, and Ryotarou. I caught Cherrim's change so not her. Other than that... no?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I was originally Meganium90.

I was also Leaf Storm, Minerva, Cadance, and Denny Hamlin. I would go back to those names, but I really really love Axy the best. :)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I feel like I'm pretty in tune with the name changes, just figured out though that Illusione-Tempus was Candela from reading this thread haha

Wow, and I had the "Previously known as Candela" in my signature for like, one month after the change lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    I originally joined this forum under the name "Cowrie" (and from time to time people will still use that in making a reference to me). Used that for a little over four years until I decided I wanted a change, and I changed to the name I'm currently using. ;D And it was kind of weird realizing I've been using this name for longer than my original one since so many more people called me by the other one, although I think most of the ones that did have either left by now, or just call me by my actual name anyway. I dunno.

As for getting confused when others change their names, well. I'm pretty sure this has happened, although I can't think of specifics, but this is why the name change field and "previously known as" options are godsends for me. :> If I didn't catch the name change in the first place, all I have to do is look and my questions are answered.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I was originally Meganium90.

I was also Leaf Storm, Minerva, Cadance, and Denny Hamlin. I would go back to those names, but I really really love Axy the best. :)
    I confused you and shenanigans so much

and I'm being perfectly honest when I tell you I thought Leaf Storm was a whole other person, separate promotion and all. I thought you were a dude lmao

Back