• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HE LOVES YOU HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE IT

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    Are you good at telling when someone -likes- you or are you completely oblivious and need to be told outright? What kind of signs make you think that someone might like you? If you think that someone likes you, what do you usually do? Tell them that you know or leave things until they tell you themselves? Or something completely different. Any experiences you'd like to share?

edit: bonus question!! if you like someone, how do you let them know?

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Oh man, this takes me back to high school. During freshman year, I had this huuuuge crush on the most popular guy in school, and I was really shy to talk to him. So, my friend told me to write him a note, which I did, and I ended up getting a reply. The problem was that he didn't know me well (but knew who I was/what I look like/etc.) and we can be friends first. ...three years later he admitted that he had a crush on me since that day.

To answer the topic questions, I'm not good at telling my deepest feelings at someone. I never have been. I have a fear of rejection. I would prefer the person to tell me, but I'll still won't admit to my own feelings no matter what. When I see that someone *might* like me, it's the person that is really, really, really careful to me, and doesn't care about how weird my personality is whatsoever. :P

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Sometimes I can tell, sometimes I cant. imnotreallyused to seeing signs that someone likes me that way, and will often simply interpret them as the guy simply being nice. Sometimes I can tell though or have suspicions that a guy likes me, it really depends on the way they act.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'm rather terrible at telling whether or not someone likes me and I need to be told that whoever likes me likes me. I think that I can tell that someone likes me when they start to hang out with me even more. When I notice someone likes me, I try to be near them in class or wait until they let me know that they like me.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I usually know... lol. Although once I thought someone liked me when she actually didn't, that was embarrassing, but luckily I didn't like her that way either so it didn't end up really awkward.

Different people give different signs, I think maybe they've just always been obvious? If someone really likes you then it's obvious I think. I act on it if I feel confident and like them back, but usually just do nothing.

Last edited:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I am completely oblivious to all these things. :( I can't tell when someone likes me, I can't tell when someone likes a friend, I can't tell when a friend likes someone... unless I hear it from the source or from someone the friend told, I usually never even have a clue. Oops. :(

On the other hand, when I really like someone, I find it difficult to believe it's not the most obvious thing ever since I turn red when I talk to them and I become pretty awkward. This hasn't happened in a while though so either I'm becoming better or my crushes are getting weaker.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    As far as I'm concerned, I've been able to identify most, if not all, of the times when someone had a crush on me. I guess it's just how they act around me, and the idea of wanting to hang out with me more and all that jazz. If there was someone that I didn't know have a crush on me, chances are they were crushing from a distance and I never really interacted with them.

As for my crushes I tend to keep them contained until I figure out whether they like me back or not. That way I could avoid embarrassment, and all that, haa.

Patatas Fritas

bajo el mismo sol ღ
    Years
    Uh.. No. Not at all. Like, you'd have to be ridiculously obvious with it for me to realise, there has been the odd occasion where I've been able to tell but generally not, if I do however I don't really do anything - It doesn't bother me at all that someone likes me, I generally have a hard time telling people I like them and I'd never want to like force someone into it, and telling them I know they do is just awkward and rude.

If I like someone I try and hide it, I'll tell them eventually but really I am >TERRIBLE< at hiding it, or so I've been told. I thought I was pretty good at it gosh.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    Never in my life can I read it if someone did it to me. But, to be fair, that never happense because no one likes me! But I do have a knack for knowing if other people "like" each other, which I find odd considering I'm the least social in my group of friends.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Nope, I'm usually completely oblivious until the person actually tells me, after they don't like me anymore. And it's usually because I'm too into someone else to realize their hints.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I have a hard time believing anyone could have a crush on me or like me, tbh. But most of the time, I'm pretty aware if someone likes me. Completely oblivious to flirting though, haha. Ummm...gee, it's been a long time since someone outright told me that they liked me. I don't remember what I do haha. Most of the time though, if someone told me they liked me, I usually liked them back so we'd end up dating.

oh yay bonus oh gosh!!! Um yeah, I'll usually tell someone I like them...when pigs fly hahaha. I just don't say anything if I like someone, cause I usually have some big reason that keeps me from thinking we could ever be together, but oh well. :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I have no clue... either no one likes me, or I'm completely oblivious. lol

I've been asked out a couple times, but they were people that I didn't know, or ever talk to, so there's no way I'd ever be able to know. lol

Harebrained

Switch to decaf? Never!
    Years
    Once I've gotten a grasp on someone's personality, I can usually tell what kind of comments are flirty comments coming from them, and then presume there's some level of interest unless it's obviously just playful. If they're too shy to flirt or they're playing hard to get before interest has ever been established, I probably won't notice. I'm not very good at picking up on any subtle signals they might accidentally be sending despite their own efforts to keep it a secret, though I've had a few friends I think let something slip once or twice.

People can have all kinds of personality quirks, so sometimes it can be hard to tell for sure without actually bringing it up.

If I like someone, I tend to be either extremely shy around them because I find something about them a bit intimidating (their intelligence, their looks, etc), or I spend a good deal of time overtly coming onto them. I think I'm a pretty obvious flirt, and I tend to pay a good deal of attention to people I'm romantically interested in, and all their ins and outs.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    When it comes to people I'm romantically interested in or not, I always seem to form in my mind thoughts that they love me back. But when said person already has a boyfriend/girlfriend, then I find it hard to imagine such things. As for people I'm not romantically interested in... I guess I can be oblivious? But, especially in the case of friends, I'll still sometimes form the same thoughts; however, I usually try to talk myself out of thinking such things because I don't want them to turn out to be true, ya know? The signs I tend to look for mostly revolves around something romantically insinuating, such as being asked to a dance or something like that. But of course I know I should keep in mind such things could also be asked in a friendly sort of manner, haha.

If I think someone likes me, well... It depends. If it's someone I'm romantically interested in, then I'll flirt with them and wait for them to confess first, I guess? On the other hand, if it's someone I'm not romantically interested in, um... I guess I'd be weary around them? Don't want anything sudden happening, after all.

As of right now all of my romantic, real life crushes (is it sad I have anime/video game crushes too) have turned into broken hearts for me. I currently have two people who I like, one female and the other male, and while we've told one another that we love each other Idk what kind of love they're talking about ^^; There's also a part of me that believes no one will ever love me romantically, but that's just my low self-esteem speaking, I guess.

And regarding how I let someone know I love them... I...honestly don't. Instead, I've cowardly told other people that I have a romantic interest in the person or people because I hope for advice, you know? It's even harder when said person already has a boyfriend/girlfriend...

Last edited:

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'm not good at telling if Sue likes Joe. Probably because I could care less. I do have suspicions, but more times than not, they're wrong.

If someone likes me... well I guess I'd find out about that. But I wouldn't do anything about it because that is backed by hints and not their actual... confession. I'm full of doubts and suspicions that I always think that I'm going to be denied if I tell someone I like them.

Years
    I can usually tell if someone is flirting with one of my friends or with another person, but when it comes to me I just don't notice. I always dismiss it and tell myself I'm reading into the guy too much or something. One of my friends usually has to tell me if someone's hitting on me, haha.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I am oblivious as heck. So oblivious that you could say 'I love you' to me and i would be like 'huh did you say something'. Don't get me wrong, it hasn't happened anyway, lol.

Even though strangely enough, I can tell if a third person likes/dislikes one of my friends-or someone else, for that matter.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I wouldn't know; people have tended to come out with it in due time.
    If they don't, that is simply not my concern as they haven't made it so.

If you like someone, how do you let them know?
    I simply tell them. No hard feelings either way, it's only an offer.

Ayselipera

I wouldn't say I can really tell or I'm completely oblivious, I'll just think it. When I like someone and I think they like me back I have a habit of taking everything they say and then thinking about it in a million different ways so then it might seem like they don't like me. Eventually, and by eventually I mean a ridiculously long amount of time I might tell them that I like them back, but usually they tell me before I tell them because I take so long... lol.

I can't think of any particular signs that make me feel like someone might like me, it's just a feeling I'll get. Also if I don't like them back then I just don't do anything at all.

Back