• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

he was a sk8er boi

Years
  • I had a skateboard and used to dress like one but I was so bad that I couldn't really class myself as a skater, like I literally couldnt stand on the board if it was going fast because I was too scared lol.

pkmin3033

I had a pair of skates when I was a kid, although I went off using them when I tripped when I had them on and nearly cut off the top of my middle finger when I closed the door. Four hours in A&E, some stitches, and three weeks with my finger in a cast later...yeah. I don't like skates. xD

Years
  • I did once play with rollerskates, but I often kept falling over and that led to me having horrid balance (ironic since my sign is Libra which is supposed to mean balance). So yeah, my bad balance makes me never want to do stuff that has a high chance of falling over and unfortunately that means I can't skate.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I skateboarded when I was growing up, just going down big ramps and stuff opposed to tricks. However, I got a concussion skating at a skatepark so I stayed away from that entirely. I do have a board I use for quick transportation, though, just for when I need to go to the store by my or something.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • My brother had a skateboard (he didn't used it much. He wasn't a sk8boi). I "tried", get on, relaize I didn't know how to do it, stopped the same day :p

Sirfetch’d

I had skates and a skateboard growing up but was terrible at both! I once fell while skating back when I was around 12 or so and cut my back and shoulders up pretty rough so that pretty much ended that hobby for me :x lol!

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I had a skateboard as a little kid, and seriously wanted to get good with it.
    Alas, I learned after 20 minutes at the park that the board had serious issues and veered left for no reason, so it was relegated to the back of my garage and I soon lost interest.

I also remember getting a lot of sneers and funny looks from the older kids at the park with their actually-functioning skateboards.

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I have a skateboard. I love skateboarding and make use of it quite often. I have gotten injured while skateboarding at least twice, but I still use it a lot.

I am definitely a sk8er boi. I have the long hair, the skinny jeans, you name it.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Back when I was six, I went to Egypt. When I was in Alexandria (or possibly Cairo?) my cousins took me to a place where they would skateboard and gave me one to use. I was six and had never been on one before, so I just sat on the board and slid down the hills at the skate park. They tried to show me a few tricks, and by the end of my stay I could do a sick 2 second wheelie!!!!

Hahahaha, I eventually got one when I got back to the states but I never learned anything cool. I just used it to get me from one section of the neighborhood to the other. I wish I could have learned more, but LOL the internet was barely a thing and no one I knew had any experience, soo.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
  • I came here to finish the lyrics to the Avril Lavigne song.

"She said see ya later, boy."

My work here is done.

Oh, and no, I was never a skater. I wear a lot of beanies these days, but that's as close to "skater" as I've ever been. I always had an irrational fear of the board flipping wrong mid-trick and cross-sectioning my groin on the way down.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I used to roller blade a lot when I was younger - funny enough I can still fit my pair of blades even though they're years old. I did skateboard for a small bit and even owned a cheap one, but I never had the time to skate when I started getting older.

Actually planning to start again and get a penny board just because ease of travel from one uni campus to another.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • ty to everyone who completed the lyrics, you guys rockkkkk

Actually planning to start again and get a penny board just because ease of travel from one uni campus to another.

Hahaha this is part of why I posted this thread - I'm keen to get a longboard to travel around uni (or from the station to uni) and wanted to meet people who can give me pointers :P

Years
  • I used to be really into skating until my sophomore year of high school. I decided to quit because I didn't want to get hurt and miss time in sports, which ultimately was a good decision for me. That being said, I still get on it every now and again during the summer when I'm in town seeing some friends.

Back