• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] He who is Merely a Rumour

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    HELLZ YEAH REX IS DEAD! AND BY BEVAN TOO! SWEET! FINALLY! Haha
    Omg this was by far the best chapter so far I reckon!

Ok so I probably could point out mistakes, if there is any, but like I've said before I'm a reader and from my readers POV it was excellent.

Hmm let me think
    Charlotte crying herself to sleep over Bevan nice touch as in real life that is what a chick would have done if she had realised the guy she loved didn't return with her.
    Personally I had sorta guessed that Augury, in that situation, would offer Bevan a position with him and I also sorta predicted Bevan not siding with him while Rex was still around but I didn't guess that Bevan would kill him with such ease.
    However I was suprised at how easily he accepted, but in that predicament I think anyone would have done the same thing
    And thank you for finally letting Bevan kill Rex! Lol and I love how he accepted that it was the end of him so easily. However now that he's gone I think I'm going to miss him :( hahah

Now the riots,
    Great addition and great strategy for Augury to rise to power as 'Evan Emerit'
    Personally I loved the ruthless killing as that's 'my thing' so yeah congrats on that part

I can't wait to see how the Knife and Charlotte are doing and how she feels about Bevan nowadays
    Hmm actually that gets me thinking, that guy from both hers and Bevan's past, can't remember his name, is he possibly now part of the Knife with Charlotte and Dagger and going to be the one taking down, or trying to take down Bevan? Or has someone else, Dagger perhaps, that guy been given artificial psychic powers as well?
    I'd personally love to see Charlotte bring him to his senses in the end with a passionate kiss and return his emotion.

Anyways I can not wait for part III, you've got me very much intrigued/curious as to what is going to happen now.
    I think that's about it, if not I'll post again so till then cya Citrinin :D

Last edited:

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    AllTimeLow1 said:
    HELLZ YEAH REX IS DEAD! AND BY BEVAN TOO! SWEET! FINALLY!
    XD; I initially intended it to be a surprise. ;P When I do foreshadow, it's too cryptic, and when I don't... XD; You all seem to guess it.

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Omg this was by far the best chapter so far I reckon!
    I agree. I liked writing this the most out of all of them. XD;

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Charlotte crying herself to sleep over Bevan nice touch as in real life that is what a chick would have done if she had realised the guy she loved didn't return with her.
    ...Or just a friend who had developed a strong emotional bond with someone, only to have them not return. Probably exacerbated by the fact that it was unreciprocated. Although, I suppose the teenage hormones don't help. XD

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Personally I had sorta guessed that Augury, in that situation, would offer Bevan a position with him and I also sorta predicted Bevan not siding with him while Rex was still around but I didn't guess that Bevan would kill him with such ease.
    It wasn't so much because Bevan was at a superior stage in psychic development (in fact, he was not), but because Rex had accepted that he was going to die. In the end, he valued obedience over his own life. As Bevan noted, his "legacy is obedience".

AllTimeLow1 said:
    However I was suprised at how easily he accepted, but in that predicament I think anyone would have done the same thing
    I would think some would die martyrs, and almost everyone would not accept so easily. What would keep them from accepting their fate so readily is emotion, which, as we know, Bevan has forsaken (or gotten close, anyway).

AllTimeLow1 said:
    And thank you for finally letting Bevan kill Rex! Lol and I love how he accepted that it was the end of him so easily. However now that he's gone I think I'm going to miss him :(
    I'd actually written this after I wrote Chapter 21, I think it was, and I had Augury kill him. Sometime during my writing of Chapter 24, I realised that was totally unsatisfying and had Bevan swipe his opportunity.

The reason I got rid of Rex at this point, is... well, as you'll see in Part III, his role would be somewhat deadweight. ;D (Also, there's no way Bevan could work with Rex - it would expose him to a massive flood of emotion.)

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Great addition and great strategy for Augury to rise to power as 'Evan Emerit'
    Yeah, I thought these scenes were powerful, myself, particularly the Cronine riot (even though it wasn't nearly as cruel as the Estable massacre), the image of the military storming the streets... this was one of the first times when I really felt involved in my own story, rather than just an impartial puppetmaster. [/insight]

AllTimeLow1 said:
    I can't wait to see how the Knife and Charlotte are doing and how she feels about Bevan nowadays
    Remember, the Bridge ends three years in the future, so their reaction is somewhat numbed. I also have a final arc to introduce, as well. ;D

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Hmm actually that gets me thinking, that guy from both hers and Bevan's past, can't remember his name, is he possibly now part of the Knife with Charlotte and Dagger and going to be the one taking down, or trying to take down Bevan?
    Hehehehe, you'll find out next chapter~ :D

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Anyways I can not wait for part III, you've got me very much intrigued/curious as to what is going to happen now.
    I'll post Chapter 26 in 3/4 days time. ^^

Btw, I must say that your reviewing skills have become significantly more developed since you first came into this fic, AllTimeLow1. :D

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Probably exacerbated by the fact that it was unreciprocated. Although, I suppose the teenage hormones don't help. XD

True, seeing as it wasn't reciprocal the effect would have been somewhat magnified, and yes the teenage hormones would not have helped :P lol
    It wasn't so much because Bevan was at a superior stage in psychic development (in fact, he was not), but because Rex had accepted that he was going to die. In the end, he valued obedience over his own life. As Bevan noted, his "legacy is obedience".

Yeah I realised that it wasn't Bevan's psychic advancement as it was still sorta sketchy. The level of respect that Rex would have been required to have would have had to be extremely high, which in some way makes me sort of respect Rex.
    I would think some would die martyrs, and almost everyone would not accept so easily. What would keep them from accepting their fate so readily is emotion, which, as we know, Bevan has forsaken (or gotten close, anyway).

I think you state a very good point that I overlooked while posting. I probably should have said that someone of Bevan's capabilities in that predicament probably would have sided with Augury, possibly with some level of coercion or duress present.

The reason I got rid of Rex at this point, is... well, as you'll see in Part III, his role would be somewhat deadweight. ;D (Also, there's no way Bevan could work with Rex - it would expose him to a massive flood of emotion.)

Yeah, well from the last couple of chapters you could sorta see Rex's end was coming, just not when or how. And also the flood of emotions is why I said that Bevan would never have sided with Augury while Rex was still present.

Remember, the Bridge ends three years in the future, so their reaction is somewhat numbed. I also have a final arc to introduce, as well. ;D

Yeah I realise that it is 3 years later, I'm just wondering how they're doing, like Manfred, Cicero and Dagger etc. And how Charlotte feels about Bevan now, if at all, that is.

Hehehehe, you'll find out next chapter~ :D

Haha sweet can't wait, so he'll be returning then?
    Hmm is there maybe a squad of the Knife dedicated solely to tracking and trying to take down Bevan by any chance?

Btw, I must say that your reviewing skills have become significantly more developed since you first came into this fic, AllTimeLow1. :D

Thank you, Citrinin, well it's mostly because the more I've gotten into the story the more I've had to say I guess and this is probably the first fan fic I've really gotten into and had something to say about before so yeah.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    AllTimeLow1 said:
    Yeah I realised that it wasn't Bevan's psychic advancement as it was still sorta sketchy. The level of respect that Rex would have been required to have would have had to be extremely high, which in some way makes me sort of respect Rex.
    On the other hand, you have to remember just who Rex had respect for. I suppose the ability to subordinate yourself like Rex did is a difficult one, but woulf you really want to live like that?

AllTimeLow1 said:
    I think you state a very good point that I overlooked while posting. I probably should have said that someone of Bevan's capabilities in that predicament probably would have sided with Augury, possibly with some level of coercion or duress present.
    Yeah. ;D As we know, Augury works on both sides of the bargaining scale: he rewards his friends and punishes his enemies. Needless to say, it wouldn't only be fear that would drive Bevan, but greed.

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Yeah, well from the last couple of chapters you could sorta see Rex's end was coming
    That was... totally unintentional. XD; I guess it's just how his character fit into the situation.

AllTimeLow1 said:
    And also the flood of emotions is why I said that Bevan would never have sided with Augury while Rex was still present.
    Yep. ^.^

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Haha sweet can't wait, so he'll be returning then?
    All characters that haven't died will be returning in Part III. ^^ Perhaps not all in Chapter 26, but sometime within the first two-three chapters of it, iirc. In any case, I'm writing 29 now and all have had appearances so far. XD;

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Hmm is there maybe a squad of the Knife dedicated solely to tracking and trying to take down Bevan by any chance?
    You'll see just how Bevan is viewed by the Knife (and the entire underground) sometime at the beginning of Part III. ^^

AllTimeLow1 said:
    Thank you, Citrinin, well it's mostly because the more I've gotten into the story the more I've had to say I guess and this is probably the first fan fic I've really gotten into and had something to say about before so yeah.
    You're welcome. ^__^ I'm glad I could be a part of your improvement. :D

Eliminator Jr. said:
    That's the only mistake I've found. Anyway, not much to say, but great writing yet again. Well done. Sorry in a rush XD
    Whoops. ^_^; *fixes*

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    Bevan!!!!! You monster! I can't help but like your sorry butt. ha ha. Good twist in the storyline. I'm going to miss Rex though, but had to be done. Augury had his way with wording while it was obvious that Bevan had the same contemptuous charisma.

There were so many epic quotes within the story. Too many to quote however my favorite quote had to be when Bevan told Augury it was irrational to join him. Augury hit back with "While we're employing logic, let's look at why I kill people, shall we?" I cheered for Augury. Don't know why, it just kind of happen. It was so clever.

Bevan is a complex character. If I didn't like characters without morals (I adore them), I would hate him. But he was kind of thrown in to all of this. However, I do not feel compassion for him. He's making all the wrong choices due to his discarded emotions. But right and wrong is nothing more than an opinion. I love how the character involved.

Anyway, the bridge ended like woah. I wonder what the Knife is going to do now if something at all. They are in a tough spoke. Thank Cicero for creating a monster that obviously had the morals of a marble.

The world is in Augury's hands now. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I know you haven't watched it, but it sort of reminds me of Sauske (sp) and Orichimaru (sp) from Naruto, as well as Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker.

I think it would be funnily and sadistically romantic if Charlotte gave Bevan one last kiss (igniting his emotions, making him weak for that brief moment), wherein she goes to stab him to death.

Also, not that I'm suggesting it, just pointing out at its comical value, but someone should die by spiked floor, or some other random mishap. XD

"Okay...??? Not what I was trying to do, but not only did that look cook, but it sort of worked." XD

Oooooooooooooooooooo my other fic idea!

If you allow me, perhaps I can take that one character who lived and continue that person's story, with my original idea. This would mean they would leave Torcra, but I'd need a little more detail on lore, like if the other Canon lands are inhabited by people and or pokemon etc.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Sgt Shock said:
    Bevan!!!!! You monster! I can't help but like your sorry butt. ha ha. Good twist in the storyline.
    Ehehehe... glad you liked it. XD'

Sgt Shock said:
    I'm going to miss Rex though, but had to be done.
    Yeah, that's how I saw it. :P Buuuut, with Rex's departure, there are 9001 eager villains to step up to the mark. ;D

Sgt Shock said:
    There were so many epic quotes within the story. Too many to quote however my favorite quote had to be when Bevan told Augury it was irrational to join him. Augury hit back with "While we're employing logic, let's look at why I kill people, shall we?" I cheered for Augury. Don't know why, it just kind of happen. It was so clever.
    Yes, Augury is very clever, and able to appeal to what hits people the hardest. Usually, that's emotional to a large degree, but he can employ logic when he wants to. :3

Sgt Shock said:
    If I didn't like characters without morals (I adore them), I would hate him.
    It's actually OK if you hate him from now on. It's not how I feel about Bevan (I feel sympathy because as you say, he was thrown into this), and I will endeavour to continue to give him some likable elements, but... you'll see why in Part III. XD;

Sgt Shock said:
    He's making all the wrong choices due to his discarded emotions.
    Is he? Perhaps he's making a lot of wrong choices, but from a survival perspective, he made the right decision to join Augury, even if it is unsavoury.

Sgt Shock said:
    But right and wrong is nothing more than an opinion.
    Ah, a moral relativist. I've actually put all my characters on a moral relativity-moral absolutism continuum. Some would agree; some would disagree. Can you guess who would? ;D

Sgt Shock said:
    I wonder what the Knife is going to do now if something at all.
    They didn't spend three years doing nothing; Cicero and his team of scientists were inventing the new weapons. Everyone else was recruiting. Expect them to go off with a bang.

Sgt Shock said:
    Thank Cicero for creating a monster that obviously had the morals of a marble.
    Cicero didn't create a monster; he simply gave him powers. Had he not done so, Bevan would probably be dead. As for who made him the monster, that's up for debate. ;D

Sgt Shock said:
    The world is in Augury's hands now. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.
    I'm afraid 26 doesn't have nearly the thrills of the Bridge. XD; Still, it has a lot of foreshadowing. X3

Feign said:
    I think it would be funnily and sadistically romantic if Charlotte gave Bevan one last kiss (igniting his emotions, making him weak for that brief moment), wherein she goes to stab him to death.
    It's possible that that (or something similar) will happen, depending on how Charlotte sees the new Bevan. She's a good agent, but she's not usually that cruel.

Feign said:
    Also, not that I'm suggesting it, just pointing out at its comical value, but someone should die by spiked floor, or some other random mishap. XD

"Okay...??? Not what I was trying to do, but not only did that look cook, but it sort of worked." XD
    I already have every death planned out. u.u And none of them occurred by falling on a spiked floor. XD

Feign said:
    If you allow me, perhaps I can take that one character who lived and continue that person's story, with my original idea. This would mean they would leave Torcra, but I'd need a little more detail on lore, like if the other Canon lands are inhabited by people and or pokemon etc.
    The one character who lived...? You'll have to be more specific. XD;

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Oooooh. ^____^; *facepalm* XD

Sure, you can take that character if you want. XD; But escape from Torcra is... difficult, to say the least. XD

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Oooooh. ^____^; *facepalm* XD

Sure, you can take that character if you want. XD; But escape from Torcra is... difficult, to say the least. XD

Remind me to remind you about that in a long time from now, once I am done my first fic, okay? XD :P

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    Ha ha good response to my post, Citrinin. I would quote, but its early in the morning and I'm lazy. :D

At any rate, don't worry I'm going to take you up on hating Bevan, I can feel it. Even put in the situation than he was put in, he has a lack of integrity (my morals are come through ha ha).

Things might be getting too good for Augury. He better be alert because when you're at your best, you also at your weakest.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Sgt Shock said:
    He better be alert because when you're at your best, you also at your weakest.
    Arrogance does have an effect on someone's control, but I would think it's more the ready-to-be-used CWFs. ;D

And, of course... something else...

Sgt Shock

Goldsmith
    Years
    Arrogance does have an effect on someone's control, but I would think it's more the ready-to-be-used CWFs. ;D

And, of course... something else...

Hm...I wonder what that is going to be about. Hmm...
    Will Bevan be involved in his downfall? Or will someone else play a part?
    I might just have to go and see.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Sgt Shock said:
    Hm...I wonder what that is going to be about. Hmm...
    Perhaps a character introduced earlier... ;D

Sgt Shock said:
    Will Bevan be involved in his downfall? Or will someone else play a part?
    It won't be easy for Bevan to betray Augury explictly, but maybe implictly... ;P

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    How much longer do you think till the next chapter makes it's way here Citrinin?
    I'm growing old and going grey waiting for it, the anticipation is killing me :P hahaha
    That character introduced earlier that you mention wouldn't happen to be the mutual friend of Charlotte and Bevan would it? ;D

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    AllTimeLow1 said:
    How much longer do you think till the next chapter makes it's way here Citrinin?
    I'm growing old and going grey waiting for it, the anticipation is killing me :P hahaha
    Tomorrow at the earliest. Releasing chapters more frequently than every three days is too fast. XD; (Not only is that a pace faster that I can keep up with in terms of writing, but it's hard on the readers as well. :P)

AllTimeLow1 said:
    That character introduced earlier that you mention wouldn't happen to be the mutual friend of Charlotte and Bevan would it? ;D
    He certainly looks like a likely candidate, doesn't he? :P

Nudge

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2014
    Tomorrow at the earliest. Releasing chapters more frequently than every three days is too fast. XD; (Not only is that a pace faster that I can keep up with in terms of writing, but it's hard on the readers as well. :P)

He certainly looks like a likely candidate, doesn't he? :P

yeah i know i'm just impatient :P
    Hahah well of course he seems the likely candidate, I mentioned it so he has to be :P haha

Back