• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headaches - how often do you get them, and how do you cope?

Years
  • Headaches can be an awful part of our day, and are one of the things I really hate suddenly having to deal with.

How often do you get headaches? What do you usually do to help get rid of them?

Years
  • I get them, but it's usually nothing Tylenol or Advil can't handle. I had ones caused by my cancer that needed Dilaudid though.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2023
    I get a headache maybe 5-6 times a year.

I think on two occasions I've had Panadol, otherwise I've just had water and/or slept it off.

Years
  • Pretty regularly. A week without a single headache is rare. It varies too much to give an exact number.
    Some Paracetamol will usually help. If it's not enough I break out the Ibuprofen later on that day. Can't take that many of those though.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I used to get bad headaches almost daily. My left eye would be throbbing, I'd feel nauseous, and my face would get hot. Had no idea what caused them. No pain medication really worked on them.

Then I got braces, started fixing my overbite, and have never had a headache since. My life has improved tremendously.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    I don't remember when I last had a headache. Fortunately, I don't get them that often. Whenever I had one, though, I usually tried to make sure I drink enough water and get enough sleep. To me, taking medicine should be the last resort.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • I get them from time to time, but I don't really care much, and just go on with my day. Probably because it doesn't really bother me as, apart from chest pain, I have pretty high pain tolerance, I guess?

Years
    • Seen today
    Mine are usually caused by forgetting to wear my glasses. (Like, taking a shower and not remembering to put them back on). Fortunately, it's a quick resolution.

Years
  • I get headaches pretty rarely, usually they're caused by me either not drinking enough water (which is fixed by... drinking water) or just feeling under the weather in general (in that case I usually have to wait it out).

Years
  • I will give myself headaches by biting my nails for too long, not moving, or not drinking enough water. I know people that have chronic enough headaches to be called migraines that occur at least 3 times a week. We're trying to figure it out. Supposedly, the circumin in turmeric is supposed to be an excellent anti-inflammatory but I'm always wary about "natural" cures.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Headaches run in my family, so I do deal with them quite frequently. Sometimes I'll be lucky and go a couple of weeks without one, sometimes I have them almost every day for a while. =( Nauseous headaches happen occasionally, usually associated with... well, you know... Monthly stuff.

When I get headaches, I take Alieve, and if they keep on persisting I alternate with the other kind of pain killer (Acetaminophen I think it is the other one). I use ice packs and corn sacks.

Nauseous headaches, though, those are a different beast. Very hard for me to deal with. Thankfully, it's usually not bad. But I did have to go home from work once this year because of one really bad one I had. I won't go into the details.

Years
  • I don't get headaches too often, luckily for me. I have recognized certain things that trigger me to have headaches though. I had a mild one this morning, just a little pressure in the eye area, which I know came from changing my lens prescription, and having to get used to the subtle differences.

Other things that can do it for me are staring at a monitor too long, or listening to music too loudly when I am using headphones, the sides of my head and ear canals will talk to me about it later. Also I have to be careful about how I style my hair because braiding and pulling into buns also seems to put pressure on my temples and give me a headache afterward, even if it seems like a loose tie, my scalp is pretty sensitive.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • It'll happen to me maybe every couple months or so? Usually just a small case of dehydration or if I'm really struggling to sleep, but it won't last for more than a day. I'll just take a pill for it, drink an entire bottle of water or two, deal with the repercussions of that and I'll be fine the following day.

Back