• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headaches/Migranes

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Ouch! I suffer from them! Can anyone tell me what i can do to calm it down without medicine, cause i hate medicine!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Good advice, but the wierd thing is, it happens EVERYDAY, without warning. Like ill be walking in the haalls in school, and the next, my head is swimming!

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    I get them a lot too and they are such hell. See, when I get them, it's usually because I didn't eat or other times its because of the terrible heat and they can also be caused my my allergies or stress too.

They are such a pain in the rear end. DX

My mom gets really bad migraine headaches so she has to take special medication and sometimes even pain killers because she just gets so sick because of them. D:

All I can suggest is that, if they really are that bad and nothing you are taking, like tylenol or aspirin...you should definitely try to see your doctor.

Wait, is it the problem with having to swallow pills that you don't like? Because I usually try to do something to get my mind of my headaches. I have a hard time swallowing pills and if that's why, you could always talk to your doctor about something more liquid.

I mean, they really should have a substitute like, a liquid form for those that have a hard time swallowing big pills. DX Also, if you are getting them a lot, it could be due to stress. That is one cause of getting bad headaches if you are stressed and sometimes you could be stressed and yet feel really happy...(either that or that's just me when I'm stressed. XD)

Last edited:

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    Ouch! I suffer from them! Can anyone tell me what i can do to calm it down without medicine, cause i hate medicine!
    Sweety I have migraine to, and there really is nothing I can do except take medicine, and if I take my medicine as soon as I feel a migraine episode starting then I can avoid the after headache that lasts for weeks, so don't be so stubborn and refuse medicine, the after headaches are the worst because then the wains have expanded to much and are pushing things in your head.

I use medicene and when I need to take them my mom makes me stay home from school, and there really is nothing you can do (that will work) except for medicene, think off it this way, do you want it to last for a day or a month.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    The only way for you to get the headache away quickly is some Tylenal or Advil. Other than that try and read a book or something - It always calms me down.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'm lucky, I've never had a migrain. Best advice I know is to try and keep in the dark. Light usually makes things worse.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    REally? I never knew that! OK, ill take the madecine

Thats Migrain information, not headache. But yeah, you have to do quiet things in the dark like try to read with as little light as possible or something.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    This is applicable for any pain: rub the area.
    It somehow releases a chemical of some sort that acts as a mild painkiller.

Still, rubbing one's head is rather impractical and looks strange in public; so, a hot drink might help, shouldn't matter what it is.

Chuchan

Cute and full of royalty
    Years
    I get Headaches/Migranes too. And sometimes thery are so bad I end up being sick. All I suggest is medicine, since you cant then loads of rest and hot drinks too. They can caused by a numer of reasons such as your eyes or even dehydration.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I say just stay seated and drink lots of water.

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    I normally have them in the mornings, oddly enough..=/

All i can suggest is to take something that would counter-act the migraine (don't know th name of any particular medicine) or rest. That's pretty much it when it comes to migraines

Back