• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headphones or Earbuds?

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
  • Headphones, all the way. I've used earbuds for the past year or so now, and 1 of 3 things tend to happen within 3 weeks of me getting a pair. Either, they end up in the washer, I lose them, or they break. Earbuds also tend to impair my hearing temporarily for a few hours after using them. Recently, I've switched to headphones to avoid that issue.

I've used a Turtle Beach: Earforce X12 for the past year for my general PC use. The sound quality and capability is much better and more drastic than any earbuds I've ever used. They cover the whole range of my ear, so I don't get any loss of sound, but they're not literally in my ear, so my hearing doesn't get impaired.

Generally, to sum it up, headphones are the way to go for me, after having some experience with headphones and earbuds.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It depends on the situation for me. For casual listening I use headphones because they're comfy and have great sound quality. When I'm being even slightly active though or on a long trip somewhere I prefer earbuds because I can't sleep comfortably with headphones on and they might get broke. When I'm using my computer and I'm alone regardless of what I'm watching I will turn the volume all the way up and blow my speakers. When anyone is around though it's straight to headphones, unless I'm in bed and then I use earbuds because I like to lay on my side and internet.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Earbuds are almost universally low-quality garbage (there are some exceptions, but they're usually unreasonably expensive and still of only middling quality). Inner-ear headphones are usually much better quality and serve the same purpose, though they can be a bit uncomfortable.

I use over-ear headphones. They seem to do a better job of noise-cancelling and I find them more comfortable. The quality's usually very slightly less than pad-headphones, but I'm willing to take the very minor quality hit.

I only use earbuds when I'm not at home, and even then I only use them because they're extremely cheap (I use a rather durable $5 set from JVC, which usually last about a year) and so I don't need to worry when they inevitably break. I almost never use external speakers unless I have no other option; I (unlike my dad) know how bothersome it is to other people.

Years
  • Headphones are much better quality, and I appreciate that, so when I can, I use them. However, they're a pain to lug around, and earbuds are much more efficient in that regard, so when I'm travelling, I usually resort to them, even if they quality is noticeably lower. Unfortunately, I'm not the best at keeping track of them or maintaining their condition, so I've bought quite a few in my time. On the other hand, I've had the same set of headphones for years now.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Earbuds! I think it's because it makes the music sound so "real" and "personal" and like it's actually playing in your head. My explanation's kind of weird, I know xD
    Seriously though, headphones are good but they're a bit of a pain to carry around everywhere.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2014
    I like headphones because they're nice and comfy. They have to fit around my big ears, though!

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Headphones, if comfortable on the ear, I'll wear it regardless of whether I'm listening to anything. I normally use my headphones whenever I'm using the laptop.

But earbuds are more suitable for listening to music through my phone. I dunno, maybe because it's much more compact than headphones.

Years
  • I use Audio Technica ATH-M50 headphones, they're really solid and give you bang for your buck.
    I just watched a couple of video reviews on the M50s and people do seem quite satisfied with them overall. I own a pair of ATH-M30 headphones, so I nearly thought you and I had the same model at first lol

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Earbuds. I'm sorry but when in public I don't want to look like a douche.

Years
  • I wear a Black Audio Technica ATH M50 headphones whenever I'm at home. The sound quality is absolutely stunning, and as a person who tries to make "music", they do a really great job blocking off external noise, thus allowing me to pay a bit more attention to the "music" I'm making.

Whever I'm out of the house (school, hiking, etc.) I prefer to use a pair of SkullCandy Titans. They're really durable and they have a great bass as well.

For what these headphones are worth, they're really great. I'd recommend them if you are looking for great headphones that are decently priced.

Years
  • I personally prefer earbuds because they are alot easier to have them on me. Plus I could share them with someone.

I feel pretty awkward to have something like headphones on my head but its not like I never use them.

Years
  • I usually don't go outside unless i go shopping, school, etc. So i don't really use earbuds, even if i take a walk outside if i'm really pissed off (i prefer not listening to music then). Also idk why but they keep falling out of my ear from time to time.

For a PC, or even my tablet, i rather use my headphones.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Headphones, always. I used to use earbuds, but I've found most headphones to be so much more comfortable with my tiny ears, plus they usually sound better. And you can make 'em all pretty. :3

When I go out, it's my Cowon and folding headphones so they fit all nice and snug in my purse, and I could still share them if need be. c:
    When I'm at my computer, I usually use the speakers for videos, but the only mic I have is in the form of several headsets lying around, so one of those gets a fair amount of use, too.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I use earbuds. Skull candies to be precise. I like them because I don't have to worry about actual headphones hurting my head. Plus, I can wrap them up easier and stick them in my bag for proper storage. :D I have sensitive ears as well, so it's hard for me to use headphones, even my noise block headphones I rarely ever use. :/

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Earbuds! Although, couple months ago I would have said headphones. I think it just really depends on what I have access to, haha, since I'm pretty low-standard when it comes to this stuff. I had a nice pair of headphones that I forget the name of but then they broke and I'm stuck with these Apple ones that I've now gotten used to.

Tolkin

Meowstic
    Years
  • Headphones. I love my listening to music with my beats. The quality is amazing on it. I don't use earbuds that much because they always fall out of my ears after a while, plus I keep pulling them when I do everyday tasks :/

Back