• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headphones or Earbuds?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Earbuds/Inner-ear headphones are quite painful to use and break easily. Their only real features are the portability and the lack of sound bleed.

I use a pair of Skullcandy Navigator headphones that I picked up recently (by recently, I mean literally today.) and they work quite nicely; they have good bass and are compact enough to store away in a desk cabinet. Before that I had a bunch of sub-£20 headphones that were just all wastes of time as they would break easily.

It's much more economic to buy one good pair of expensive headphones rather than replacing a cheap pair every other month.

Earbuds/Inner-ear headphones are quite painful to use and break easily. Their only real features are the portability and the lack of sound bleed.

I use a pair of Skullcandy Navigator headphones that I picked up recently (by recently, I mean literally today.) and they work quite nicely; they have good bass and are compact enough to store away in a desk cabinet. Before that I had a bunch of sub-£20 headphones that were just all wastes of time as they would break easily.

It's much more economic to buy one good pair of expensive headphones rather than replacing a cheap pair every other month.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I have a pair of Sony headphones and some Apple earpods.

I basically use my headphones at home, when I'm not on the move, or anything.

When I'm on a vehicle, at school during lunch, or doing some form of exercise, it's earphones for me.

I don't like the sound bleed from my headphones.

And yeah, I never use my speakers. Otherwise people (especially my parents) will hear my Level Upper the lectures that I listen to. And the sound of people talking nonsensical tech lingo is pretty distracting if you don't understand it.

Years
  • I prefer headphones because my ears are shaped in such a way that earbuds never stay in. Also I heard earbuds are worse for hearing, so I just use regular sony headphones :/

Years
  • Headphones, since earbuds constantly slip out of my ears if I make even the slightest movement. I prefer to use headphones that fit around my ears because of how comfortable they are and the way the distribute sound around your ear :)

Veil

♫ ♪ ♬ ~
    Years
  • I use earbuds because they're much more portable and comfortable for me.

I haven't actually used headphones for listening to music before. The only time I really use headphones is for gaming online. I should really get some headphones for listening to music, but I'm so used to earbuds that I don't think it's going to happen.

Years
  • Earbuds do it better for me. Headphones with big sides I have used before, and they're alright but I prefer the lighter cords to hold on to. But headphones are bulkier, admittedly.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • So pick your poison, basically? Okay ahaha, well, both have their negative traits. Earbuds can be a pain on the ears, literally, and if they're not a snug fit, they will fall out, and that can become ridiculously frustrating. Headphones, on the other hand, are big and bulky, and that can be a dealbreaker in certain scenarios. My personal pick is earphones, because good earphones are usually cheaper than good headphones. I just wish I didn't lose them so often.

Back