• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Headphones

Crunch Punch

fire > ice
    Years
    Simple question really. What pair of headphones/earphones do you currently own? Are you fussy about sound quality on your headset, or do you just go for the cheapest pair?

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I just have my Earpods that came with my new iPhone and the ones that came with my old iPod Touch. Also some ones that I took off a plane that I keep at home just in case all my others break.
    As long as I can't notice a loss of sound quality compared with out of my laptop / cd player (Which I can't with Apple) and they're not uncomfortable (The plane ones are, they fall out a lot with movement too) then I'm not too fussed. Although if I was going to buy headphones I'd probably go all-out and get some really good over-ear ones like Beats or something.

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    some cheap 2 dollar ear phones. sound doesnt matter to me and sides. I dont want tmy ears to go out lol. the only thing I am fussy about is the type of earphones. I hate headphones because they get tangled up in my hair and I hate earbuds because they are uncomfortable.

Arcturus.

Chews nails and spits napalm
    Years
    I have the Sony MDR-ZX100 headphones. Not super amazing or anything but not some 5$ pair of headphones/earbuds you find in the discount store. I do have a cheap pair of earbuds should anything happen to my headphones and I need a back-up.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    I have Beats Earphones. I'm a huge stickler for sound quality (can't stand fuzzy/watery sound, everything has to be HQ and a consistent volume) which is why I rarely download off the internet unless I have no iTunes money and I really want a song. My Beats are amazing and it lets me hear all the little things artists do in songs (which is actually quite a bit! Many songs have tiny additions that shape up the big-picture of the whole song and make it sound a million times better) which I love. I also love them because they're anti-tangle and I barely have to struggle when getting them out of my bag. The only thing about me that bothers them is that sometimes the rubbery parts fall off and I don't notice until I really need them. I've had tons of close calls with losing those things >.<

Ari Niko

Sincerity
    Years
    I have Sony MDR-V700s. I love them because they're flat and un-EQ'd unlike those terrible Beats.

Years
    I have the Bose ie2's and a pair of Klipsch Image ONE's.
    I'm definitely fussy about sound quality, but within reason. You won't find me shelling out thousands of dollars for studio quality headphones.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
    I have Sennheiser HD 25i II. They have great sound quality. I love them.

In my opinion Sennheiser is the best headphone brand in the world. They make earphones for true audiophiles, like me.

i don't like the Beats at all, the only good thing they have is the bass, so they're mostly only good for electronic music, which I hate.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
    I own this crappy pair that I got from a time share seminar and they're awful but I just use them for some days at work so I guess they're alright. I'm not willing to shell out the money for a decent pair until these break.

Years
    I have Sennheiser HD 25i II. They have great sound quality. I love them.

In my opinion Sennheiser is the best headphone brand in the world. They make earphones for true audiophiles, like me.

i don't like the Beats at all, the only good thing they have is the bass, so they're mostly only good for electronic music, which I hate.
    Beats are definitely overrated. They look cool, but the sound is sub par.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I juse use some Panasonic earbuds from Ross. I honestly don't need anything special, just 7 or so bucks, these are plenty good for me. I have had some Bose headphones, and they are great, but I broke them which is why its best for me to stay on the cheap side.

Years
    I've been using SkullCandy ear buds for years. I always have to switch to the smaller buds when I buy a new pair, but they are comfortable and work perfectly for me. I loathe Apple and any other earphone that doesn't have the soft buds or decent quality. (am picky)

I've never had headphones due to fear of missing what someone says or yells to me. Even when I'm home alone, I'm afraid of a surprise visit, so I normally have one bud out unless I'm out for a walk.

pokemasta92

3rd Gen. Enthusiast
    Years
    I own Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic. I want to make it clear that they are NOT those crappy earbuds that Apple gave with their devices for years. The EarPods fit in your ear, but are not considered in-ear headphones. They are a single plastic piece so no metal mesh covering the entire ear or plastic cone that gets lost. They fit perfectly into anyone's ear because they aren't perfectly circle shaped and instead are based on the human ear. I love being able to control the song and volume without even touching my iPod Touch. There are two small openings where sound comes out. One is angled toward the ear like classic headphones and the other is angled towards the front your body to go directly into your ear canal. They also have small slots on the bottom and one at the top on the outside of your ear that help make the treble and bass sound amazing. People might think it's a gimmick, but when you're listening to music and cover these slots the sound quality does in fact get worse. I know Beats by Dre are quality headphones but I honestly think the bass on the EarPods is more defined and gives a better listening experience.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    People might kill me for this, but I still own a pair of MLP Earphones with Rarity on them.

Don't ask, I still have them because they provide good sound quality xD

pompayyy

Forever and Ever
    Years
    I have the Sony MDR-ZX100 headphones. Not super amazing or anything but not some 5$ pair of headphones/earbuds you find in the discount store. I do have a cheap pair of earbuds should anything happen to my headphones and I need a back-up.

Those are the ones I have! Also, like the ones BlahISuck owns, I'm wanting the Sony MDR-v6. I actually hear the Beats are terrible: over bloated bass, and only popular since Dr. Dre's name is slapped on it.

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
    I have a pair of pink Skullcandy headphones that I've had for a few years.I'm pretty surprised they lasted this long. I also have a pair of blinged out hello kitty ones for easter I haven't opened yet

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    I own the Sony MDR-E9LP, which is affordable. Been using it for about 6 months now. I don't need anything great, but I got this only because I was sick and tired of those 2 dollar ones which broke easily.

Back