• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Heart of Soul [OOC](M)

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    qp32.png

*Note: This is a re-boot of my previous RP
    SIGN-UPS are: Closed

~ | BACKGROUND | ~

Within the billions of people around the world, among them live a select few who have gained the power beyond ordinary humans. Gaining a 'sixth' sense, these people have the power to see 'Souls', and have gained 'Familiars'. On rare instances, people are born naturally with this power, however the more common occurrence is picking it up through near-death experiences, contact with a 'Lost Soul', or on extremely rare instances, when one has achieved total balance in meditation between mind and body which allows them to see things a normal human cannot. People who have attained this power, are known as Reapers.

Although, they have many names such as Shinigami, Grim Reaper, Gods of Death, etc. The most common name they go by is Reaper. Once attaining this power, that individual must repay their debt for reaching or contacting the 'other' side, by living as a Reaper. The Reaper's debt is essentially a simple one, which is to hunt and slay demons. Although there is no set number of how many Demons they must slay, it is required they do it at least do something, or ultimately risk dying and being sent to "The Crossroads" - a special place in neither Hell nor Heaven, but in Limbo. A simple duty indeed. Another duty for Reapers, is to make sure they do not mention any Reaper-related things to regular humans. Although many would not believe it anyways, it is best to remain silent about said topic and refrain from demonstrating anything in front of them.

~ | LOST SOULS/DEMONS | ~

Essentially nearly the same thing, Lost Souls are people who have died, and they refuse to go to the other side, 'rejecting' their fate. This causes them to become Lost Souls, which are dangerous if not killed. They often take the form of a monster, and are particularly attracted to killing people and devouring their souls to stay on Earth. Once in this state, their mind is altered, and their knowledge of right to wrong is no longer there.

Demons are vicious beings that are placed in Hell, and have leaked into the Human world. Exact cause of them to appear is unknown, and most of them are not lethal but rather pranksters. However, the occasional aggressive ones do show up. Some of them are even capable to disguising themselves as humans, which allow them to stay even longer in the Human World, without being detected by Reapers. They also tend to remain invisible, unless attacked, attacking, or turn into human form.

~ | FAMILIARS | ~

Taking on a permanent form, Familiars are literally souls of Reapers that have been manifested into a sort of 'spirit' form. Their forms vary greatly, and are completely dependent on things such as a Reaper's personality, traits, etc. They are also invisible to regular humans.

They are a Reaper's main weapon for eliminating Demons and Lost Souls. All of them are able to transform into a default Spirit Weapon for their own to use, and also have the nifty ability of 'merging' with objects. Although there are some restrictions, by merging with another object, Familiars can become different types of weapons. However, sometimes they can create something completely useless as well.

Familiars are kept in a 'Totem', a Reaper's object of choice which encapsulates the Familiar for usage later on, rather than having them float around the Reaper all day. They can be called in and out on command, and regular humans cannot see the Familiars. If transformed into its weapon state or merged, any Reaper that is making contact with the Familiar will be invisible to the human eyes as well, until the Familiar returns to its former state or if the Reaper is no longer making contact with the Familiar.

They are also capable of understanding human speech, however they are unable to speak themselves, but rather make noises unique to each Familiar.

~ | THE HIGHER UPS | ~

The higher-ups, known as "The Lucid", are group of individuals who have mastered their Reaper powers beyond any other Reaper in the world. Not much is known about them, however they do have a certain authority over other Reapers. They are made up of ten members at a time, and ultimately call the shots in the Human world, as they also call themselves 'The Chosen Ones". Although they don't really make a scene, or even make public appearances, it is wise to follow their orders when asked to.

~ | MAGIC | ~

This RP does contain magic, for those of you who are wondering. Here, I have divided Magic up into these elements, or 'Natures/Affinities' if you will.

Fire – good against Lightning/weak against Water
    Water – good against Fire/weak against Lightning
    Lightning – good against Water/weak against Fire
    Earth – good against Wind/weak against Wind
    Wind – good against Earth/Weak against Earth
    Light – good against Dark/Weak against Dark
    Dark – good against Light/Weak against Light

Spells can be literally anything you put your mind to, and are not restricted to only attacks. They can be barriers, environmental changes, etc. Also, your Familiar is also able to cast some basic magic as well. Your character will also be able to learn new magic throughout the RP, but only when I allow it.

To use magic, requires Mana. Mana is the energy needed to use spells, and overexerting yourself can cause fatigue, exhaustion, and can take even longer recovering your mana reserve. Essentially, resting and waiting is the only thing that will replenish Mana. Some people are born with a higher mana reserve than others, so the amount of mana varies per person.

Learning Magic outside of your natural affinity is more difficult than learning one of your own. Not impossible though, only more difficult, so make sure when you create your character, they don't have a spell of each element.

~ | WHERE YOU COME IN | ~

This RP takes place in a much different and slightly more advanced world (think Final Fantasy, just not as far-fetched such as floating cars. Otherwise, the city is more or less like an advanced version of New York). Living in the fictional city known as Delmar, you are a Reaper, and have been for at least a few months now. Although your Demon Slaying skills are not as advanced as you'd like them to be, for now they get the job done.

You may be a college student, working a job, or maybe even doing nothing but being a bum at home. Whatever the case, you are still a Reaper. You have not met any other Reapers yet, however, that is all about to change. (We will not dive head-first into the story right away, but think of the first bit as a 'warm-up' and a way to meet some of the other players first. I wouldn't say it's a sandbox, as I will still give out info and guidelines on what to do.)

RULES:
    • All Forum rules apply (obviously)
    • This is rated 'M' for a reason. Yes you can swear(don't use it excessively please), romance( as long as you're not writing a new Fifty Shades of Grey), and of course there will be violence.
    • Please post regularly. Let me know if something comes up.
    • If you do need to go somewhere, please let me know, and we'll sort something out
    • If you leave without notice for a long period of time, your character will die, and your spot will be opened up again
    • If you want your character to learn a new spell, then run it by me either through PM or VM! Before asking me, make sure you ask yourself these questions:
      -Is the spell reasonable for my character's skill level?
      -Is it overpowered?
    • Note: When a Reaper dies, their Familiar is gone as well!
    • This last one is not a rule, but please have fun!

SIGN-UP
    Spoiler:

MY SIGN-UP

Alex Ganston
    Spoiler:

Sevaleen Hartum
    Spoiler:

RESERVED/ACCEPTED
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • You reserve me, you reserve me right Meow, as soon as i get up tomorrow I'ma finish dis SU.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    I really want to sign up again, but I don't know how many more RPs I can take. If I sign up, I'll just throw it in this post.

I'm doing the exact same thing as Sephy and Fuyu: bringing sexy back.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Do it Songbird. Do it... I'm joining all over again! I just need to finish my sign-up when i have my computer!

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
    Years
  • I'm so glad to see this RP has been revived. I'm returning with my old character, but changed him a little. Hope this works for you.

Name: Anthony "Tony" Marsh

Appearance: Though he's kinda young, Tony stands at 6'6" and has a lean muscular build. He has shoulder-length hair that he usually keeps in a ponytail, while his eyes shine like the green of emeralds. A necklace hangs close to his neck (not a choker) with a cross pendant, which has a small red jewel in the center. He typically wears black jeans, black steel-toed boots, black fingerless gloves, and a white tank top. He also wears a black leather vest associating himself with the Fallen Angels. On the back of the vest, his nickname "Tony" is enscrawled across his shoulders and a giant rust-colored scorpion is depicted underneath. In colder weather, he has a leather jacket he wears underneath his vest. He has recently added a pair of black wristbands to his wardrobe in tribute to his fallen comrades.

Nature/Element: FIRE

History: Tony grew up in a small town to a loving family. (What a twist, huh?) His mother worked in the grocery store while his father was a mechanic. He learned about mechanics from an early age and was even prompted to play football in high school, which he was promptly turned down due more to his lack of popularity than actual skill. He talked to his father about it and was regaled in return with a story where it was revealed that his father was a former Fallen Angel! Tony had heard the stories from people on the Internet and kinda knew their reputation...and wanted nothing more than to join with them. He took a part-time job at his mother's store as a stockboy, saving his money to buy parts to build his own motorcycle, his goal of meeting the Fallen Angels driving him more and more. Finally, when he turned 18, he unveiled his custom-built chopper and started gathering his belongings. He said his goodbyes to his parents and took off down the road.

He did his research, finding out where the Fallen Angels like to hang out, and made that place his original destination. After hours of being on the road, his destination finally came into view: a small, run-down bar called the Demon's Refuge. He was turned away at the door by a member who was a bouncer there, but Tony didn't back down, resulting in a fistfight in the parking lot. The fight drew out other members, including their leader, as Tony luckily landed a knockout blow to the bouncer. Impressed with his fighting skills, the leader allowed Tony inside and discussed the possibility of being a fledgling member. After a tough initiation, Tony was given a black leather vest and was welcomed into their fold. They even gave him a job in their bar as another bouncer.

During his downtime, he went exploring the city and found a martial arts school open a few blocks away from the bar. Convinced that it'd help him in the long run, he joined their class and quickly rose up through their ranks. By the time he was 22, he had become a high-ranking martial arts student as well as a well-respected member of the Fallen Angels. Life had opened up tremendously for him...until one night, where a new, twisted dimension pulled him in. There was a new guy that came to the bar and quickly started acting nuts, throwing things and cussing out the patrons. Simply dismissing the guy as being drunk or something, Tony threw the guy out, resulting in the guy throwing rocks at the windows and knocking over their bikes. Now he had their attention! As the group gathered outside, the stranger took off and the rest, including Tony, chased after him. Quickly they had him cornered, but suddenly the stranger transformed right in front of them. What originally was a small drunk man turned into a powerful demon, which terrified the Angels. They all tried to escape, but the demon blocked their path and smiled, evidently ready to kill them all.

Tony woke up in a bed in the back of the bar, his body wracked in pain. As he looked around he noticed a large, rust-colored scorpion at the door, watching him. At first he was terrified, but quickly realized that it wasn't hostile. It even seemed to be friendly to him. He spent the next several months learning about being a reaper and honing his newly-discovered spells, as well. During this time, he found that he was given ownership of the bar and a large sum of cash due to an inheritance from the Fallen Angel leader. He used this to renovate the bar and make it into a base of operations, including living facilities and a small training room in the back.

Personality: Tony has a sense of justice in him larger than the average person, which is a complete contrast to his appearance. He makes it a point to help others as he was helped when he was younger. He feels justified that he does what is nescessary to do his job, regardless of the law, and takes his reaper business very seriously. He also takes pride in knowing he's the last of the Angels and fights in remembrance of his fallen brethren. Tony is very industrious, loving to work with his hands on rebuilding and repairing various things. If he's not familiar with what he's working on, it'll obviously take longer to do. He is friendly to others, loyal to his teammates, and would be glad to risk his life for them. Unless he is in a relationship, though, any beautiful woman can turn his head. C'mon, he's a guy...and a biker, after all!

Spells
    Flaming Skulls: Think of Shang Tsung From Mortal Kombat, except Tony can only shoot one. As he grows, he can do up to three at once and the damage grows.

Dragon Breath: Tony concentrates and opens his mouth releasing a fire blast at his opponent. As it grows, it does more damage plus gains a chance to knock the foe back.

Firewall: A wall of flames is erected in front of him. Starts at 3' long and 5' tall with a thickness of 2", but grows to 10'x10' with 2' thickness. Teammates and friendly projectiles take no damage from passage. Friendly fire-based spells deal double damage if they pass through. Enemies and hostile projectiles take damage from passage. After gaining the full dimensions, hostile fire-based attacks have a chance of being absorbed by the wall. Can only be used once every 24 hours and can be dispelled at will or if its been up for over 6 hours.

FAMILIAR

Name: Tabor

Appearance: Tabor is a giant scorpion, about the size of a large dog, with rust-colored skin. (I know its not really original, but as he grows, I'll make him look more and more fantasy-like.)

Personality: He is very friendly to other reapers and familiars, even playful at times. However, if Tony needs him, he rushes quickly to his side, ready to fight. He only shows himself to reapers, preferring to stay in his totem the rest of the time.

Default Spirit Weapon Form: Tabor transforms into a steel staff the same length as Tony's body.

Totem: The scorpion patch on the back of Tony's vest.

Spells
    Lava Beam: Aiming with his tail, he shoots a stream of lava at his target. The stream gets bigger and does more damage as he grows.

Molten Sting: A melee attack where Tabor clamps onto his foe with his pincers and stings them with his tail, using lava instead of poison. As he grows, the damage from the lava grows and lasts longer.

Desert Vortex: A combination attack that can only be used when Tabor is in weapon form. The staff spouts flames from the ends as Tony spins the staff faster and faster, creating a cone of heat and wind that only does damage at first. Later on, the damage grows and it gains a chance to knock the foe back.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @siiadams: You are accepted! Nice character and Familiar.

I should also have my SU done by today. I'll probably just re-use my old character.

Yamagi Sosuke

Hope & Ambition
    Years
  • Name: Iram Fulmen Solis

Appearance: Iram is at first glance very distinguishable from a crowd. His back-length sandy blond locks are styled in a unruly way. It covers the sides of cheeks and falls over and between his brows. His crystal clear blue eyes are noticeably bright and cheery, usually complimented with a cool smirk or smile. Iram has a angular and strong jaw but the pale skin of his mother, both soft and smooth. Its no wonder he was quite the heartthrob in school.

His body, however is nothing special. He is lean and slightly muscular; at best he is considered average. Standing at a height of six feet and weighing only a hundred-and-thirty-eight pounds has given him the appearance of a skinny guy. On the lower right side of his washboard stomach is a knife scar that he obtained when he was younger. Its a short slash wound that is sure to raise questions. The type of questions that he will probably never be able to answer..

When it comes to clothing Iram likes to be a bit 'fiery' in his presentation. He wears his signature red jacket-hoodie, which he usually has rolled up to his elbows. If its unzip, which it usually is, one would be able to see the beige v-neck; on the bottom of which has red fire flashing to the right. A very unique part of his attire is a white belt that comes across his hip to his thighs, attached to the back of it is the blond fur of an animal. He wears straight-leg khaki jeans and running shoes that match the torso of his attire. Around his wrist is a thick golden bracelet with the runes of an ancient civilization.

Nature/Element: Dark/Shadows

History: A large chunk of Iram's history is unknown. As far as he can remember he was raised in a orphanage, depraved of company due to his ability to see ghost. It was there that he met a very happy-go-lucky traveler. This man eventually adopted him, adding him to his caravan of travelers. Over time, Iram had traveled around most the world. He went from region to region with little notice from his airhead of a father. Polaris, the father in question, had tried to put him through school but failed horribly; his own sense of adventure being the boy's undoing.

More than any other, Iram has inherited his father's adventurous spirit. After leaving the care of his father, Iram continued to explore the world. His eyes was set on a large prize that he couldn't exactly placed. Along the way he reaped alot of lost souls and slayed a bunch of demons. These acts usually made him the hero of some isolated village. His latest journey has brought him to the technologically advance city of Delmar, where he hopes to encounter the ultimate adventure.

Personality: Outrageously open-hearted and passionate, its almost impossible to find Iram in a bad mood. He where's his heart on his sleeve and proudly announces it. Besides being stubborn, opinionated, and all around bossy, the boy has a certain flare about him that draws people in. His supreme confidence radiates off him in most situations, just like his fearlessness, and curiosity like-wise. He doesn't really know the definition of serious and often mocks those that takes thing too personal. It these kinds of people that will most likely despise him.

Iram will sincerely love anyone, ready to accept people for their faults as long as their working on making themselves stronger in the process. This ties in more with his empathy than his underlying compassion, which often goes unnoticed do to his ... ostentatious traits.

Spells |

Umbra Velo: Iram generates flickering shadows around his fist and arms, making him capable of infiltrating most defenses, regardless of elemental defense(excluding light).

Umbra Ictus: Iram generates the shadows around him into his hand, creating a dark thin veil that portrays claws around it, before slashing out waves of energy towards his opponent. The more shadows he draws the stronger it can become however this also drains more of his mana.

Obscura Capto: Iram places his hand on the shadow of his opponent and immobilizes them. This technique uses very little of his mana.

Other: Iram is the last known survivor of a lost civilization.

FAMILIAR SIGN-UP:

Name: Caligo

Appearance|
    Spoiler:

Personality: Quiet and merciless, this demon in armor is far from the typical type of familiar. He can be blood-thirsty at times, leaving many to believe that something isn't quite right with Iram, himself. What will his soon to be comrades decided, will his familiar hint off at some kind of dysfunction.

Default Spirit Weapon Form|
    Spoiler:

Totem: A thick golden bracelet, runes are inscribed on it.

Spells |

Shadow Rise: Caligo raises his hand up and uses the shadow of his opponent to attack them. His opponent's shadow becomes a perfect circle under them before shooting up shadow shards at them. It creates small cuts that if allowed numerous hits could deal heavy damage.

Shadow Step: Caligo sinks into the earth like a shadow and travels through most hindrances. He cannot travel where shadows cannot exist and he cannot travel under water. While in this mode of mobility physical attacks cannot hurt him directly, though, environmental damage can.

Dark Screech: Caligo lets loose a demonic screech that nulls one spell coming towards him.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Yamagi: Okay, you're almost there Yamagi. The only problem is your Familiar, which is overpowered. You have to make sure that there's room for your Familiar to grow throughout the RP. The attacks are all fine, except for Dark Pulse, where a car explosion seems a bit much. Although you can keep that attack if you wish, if you get rid of another attack.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
    Years
  • (Here we go!)
    Name: Shear Smith (no real last name, he just makes one up for formal stuff because he's lazy, usually Smith)

Appearance: Shear stands at an intimidating 6'5, his affinity for light stands out in the fact the he is completely incapable of tanning his fairly pale skin, and his hair is always a pure golden blond that seems to glow faintly and his dazzling green eyes are very reflective. Shear can't stand the contradiction that despite the fact that he's big, strong, and sometimes mean his features could only be described as beautiful, if still masculine. Shear has the musculature of a man twice his girth but it barely shows when he's not using it, just enough for someone to know he works out and that's about it, but defines itself clearly when he is exerting himself. Shear tends to dress in black baggy pants with a lot of pockets white sneakers, a plain black muscle shirt and a white hoody with gold colored draw strings and zipper, that is also crimson on the inside and has black stripes on the left arm. his face tends to be dirty sometimes because he doesn't like to be in his apartment and so doesn't wash his face as often as he'd like (Although he never seems to stink, that pisses him off too, he sees it as effeminate) Despite the fact that he is fairly sloppy as far as cleanliness goes he always keeps his jacket spotless and is extremely protective of it. Shear also wears a chain necklace with his totem hanging from it. Shear's top canines always look like a hybrid between what they should be, and a cat's fangs, being longer, sharper and slightly more curved than a human's ever since his 18th birthday.

Nature/Element: Light

History: Shear was born in the city and has dealt with people his whole life, although he'd prefer not to. Shear was one of the rare cases of someone being born as a reaper, although he had no idea until the first time he cast a spell(see last paragraph). Shear first began to notice Kerayle when he was about 6 years old, back when he always looked like a kitten and immediately loved him, playing with him whenever he could. His parents assumed Kerayle was imaginary because Shear didn't have the power or the knowledge to manifest him yet, and so got him a real kitten to keep their son sane. Of course Shear had nowhere near the connection to the cat that he had to Kerayle, he thought it was adorable but whenever Shear tried to play with it Kerayle got jealous and scratched his arms, leading his parents to believe he had a more sinister feeling towards the real cat than indifference and that he got scratched because he was treating it badly, until finally the cat officially became his mother's and she took care of it.

Shear wasn't antisocial, but he still didn't have many friends at school, he just didn't click with people...and of course the other kids found it weird that every once in a while he would stare at the sun for no reason and it didn't seem to hurt his eyes. Before long Shear got in fights with some of the other boys, specifically a couple of bullies who picked on weaker children because they knew better than to bother him, but Shear couldn't stand to watch anybody be mistreated and before long he began to step in, until the bullies all jumped him at once on the way home from school one day. He actually managed to win the fight, where it really caused trouble was what the bullies told the school and the school told his parents, they weren't angry, they were disturbed because the thing that stood out the most in all their minds were the children's descriptions of the way he smiled throughout the fight and his canines actually looked like a cat's fangs.

Shear's parents began to homeschool him to keep him out of trouble and everything was relatively quiet, they thought he had gotten over his 'imaginary cat' because he had grown wise enough not to give them reason to suspect anymore and before long he moved out and started on his own. Shear went from part time job to part time job for a while like any teenager without a family business or college until the day he saw something really strange. There was a girl standing in the middle of the street crying, before Shear could say anything a car seemed to hit her...but in fact went through her and she didn't react to anything around her until she saw a little girl not unlike herself being picked up by her father and cheering happily. At the joyous sight the little girl screamed "NO! Don't trust him! They're all liars! You stay away from her I won't let you touch her!" Sobbing all the while the little girl grew bigger and began to change until she looked like the silhouette of a large wolf with glowing red eyes and leapt at the father. Before Shear had any idea what was going on even as he felt the cheap necklace he had gotten from a weird traveling market shaking like crazy until he saw the most glorious white tiger leap at the beast and knock it away from the man and his daughter, who seemed not to notice the disturbance. Shear was still just watching the whole exchange like a slack-jawed idiot until the tiger looked at him and roared as he simultaneously heard a familiar voice in his head. Fool! What are you doing? Don't just watch these people die! Help me free this poor lost soul "Kerayle...is that you?" No time to talk! hurry up and do what you've known you needed to all along! Before Shear could ask what he meant Kerayle disappeared in a flash of light and left behind a peculiar sword, it was very much like a scimitar, except the guard was a tuft of the softest white fur, the pommel was an emerald that seemed to contain it's own flameless light source, and the edge of the blade was where the spine would normally be, tapering to much more of a point at the end (I don't think I need to explain the theme anymore XD) And all of a sudden Shear felt like he knew exactly what to do-like he HAD known for years.

Of course knowing what he had to do doesn't mean Shear had the expertise to back it up, he mindlessly ran at the monster and swung the sword as hard as he could, but was easily dodged. The only reason the beast didn't immediately counterattack and kill him on the spot was because although it dodged the strike, the blade of the sword emanated an arc of light tracing the way Shear had slashed and the wave seemed to destroy the creature completely as well as sprinkle motes of light all over the place. As he sat there, finally realizing he was more than a freak who liked cats, he had a purpose. After the incident, as he learned more about himself and what he was, Shear took on a job as a bouncer at a night club, both fulfilling his violent urges and making some money in one fell swoop.

Personality: Shear's personality is a bit self contradictory at times. He is mostly kind and caring but he also has a snarky attitude and likes to fight although not necessarily to hurt people. He loves animals in general, but especially cats. Shear has a sort of macho attitude, not believing that a man MUST be a manly man but wanting to be one himself, as such he usually tries to keep his love of cats a secret, it is also why he hates his physical appearance besides his size. Even though he is tough and sometimes blunt, Shear actually hates causing others pain, emotional at least, that's why he only fights jerks and when he has too, he is a very gentle person.Despite the fact that he is smart, handsome and tough, Shear has never had any kind of relationship with a woman simply because he doesn't know how to deal with them, his strategy for getting through walls is to smash them but he knows that's not how to treat the dilemma of interacting with women, so they utterly perplex him, especially the beautiful ones, the only thing he understands about them is that he likes them. On the other hand Shear knows exactly how he feels about children, he doesn't like them because of their endless capacity for cruelty and how whiny they tend to be, he refuses to see the good sides of children's psyches. Shear has a great talent for cooking, he figured he loves to eat food, but prefers to be alone and restaurants are expensive, so he taught himself to cook and even though he doesn't go looking for people to hang around with he loves hearing that anybody likes his food, the only downside is everything he cooks tends to revolve around or at least involve cheese.

Spells: Light Spear: Shear can form shafts of solid light which he can throw at amazing speeds, it's power is impressive, but he can only form one at a time and it takes time to throw well and it only goes in a straight line.
    Wave Slash: The first spell Shear ever 'learned' coats the edge of his sword in a light that is not quite solid but close, tracing the edge of his slash and going forth from the blade in a wave of light energy. It could be considered an intermediate level spell but he can't use it at will yet and it uses up a lot of mana.
    Werelight: Shear can make a small orb of pure light with a certain amount of sentience, pretty much just an intelligent light source.

Other: Glad I got here early enough to be one of the 'Founding members' if that's a good term for it, nice to meet you all and I look forward to this! =D

FAMILIAR SIGN-UP:

Name: Kerayle (Kih-Rail)

Appearance: Kerayle looks like one would expect a white tiger to look, but roughly 1 1/3 times as large as a full grown male, with fur that always glows faintly and green eyes identical to Shear's except for the feline vertical slit of a pupil. He also can appear as a kitten form of his main self.

Personality: Very calm and composed on the outside, usually the voice of reason compared to Shear, but he is easily angered. He has a playful side that can only be brought out by children and very rare circumstances, he either thinks he is a dragon or doesn't know when to let a joke go, because ever since he first introduced himself to Shear he claimed he was a dragon, and still does.

Default Spirit Weapon Form: Think of this But with a guard of fur, an emerald for the pommel and the edge and spine having switched places, described in fairly good detail in the history.

Totem: A small stone Cat's claw hanging from a chain necklace, Shear found it one day when traders from somewhere else were around the market.

Spells: Wave Slash: Like Shear's but with three at once from his claws.

Animal Spirit: Kerayle can take the form of a will-o-wisp to phase through solid objects and light up an area, but he cannot fight in this form.

Sun's Ferocity: Kerayle can amplify the feral presence he carries with him using magic to roar in a way that can intimidate even demons, weaker and weaker with the strength of the enemy down to only a moment of trepidation.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Lord Sephear: You are accepted!

@Yamagi Sosuke: You are also accepted!

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen yesterday
    Hope this works!

Name: Kaya Syren Alabast

Height: 4'11"

Weight: 103 lbs

Appearance: Attractive is not the word you would think of to describe Kaya right away, if she were left to her own devices. Of course you would have to see her first. But when you do see her in that manner, she is very... I suppose filthy would be the right word. Small and always looking at the ground, matted auburn hair falling over her face to the point where you can't even see her eyes, she is a very disgusting individual from a distance. She knows this, Kaya likes this. She hopes it will get people to leave her alone.

Unfortunately these days she cannot take this above appearance, except once in a great while. Her hair was forced to be brushed until it gleamed, but it still rests over her face rather blindly on one side. It would take a lot of skill to notice the glimmering green eyes that hold more caution than curiosity. Peek-a-bangs indeed.

Kaya has a cute figure when she bothers to show it. Well, almost. Her left hand is permanently disfigured and mutilated, almost to match the bites like human teeth and the gouging of nails that eventually stopped going away. Her wrists and ankles show signs of handcuffs chafing her skin and there is a permanent limp in her petite step. Small and even now, still underweight, she cannot shake her roots of the place she lived, no matter how much people scrub off the dirt, no matter how much the girl attempts a smile. Don't even get her started on the bandages on her neck either. An adamant flower with blue petals rests upon the center of her collarbone, a lotus. It is a brooch, held there by a violet fabric clasped in the back, which covers most of them.

Now that she has clothes that do come close to fitting her, she is very often seen in them. However, the ones she came home in still have an odd place in her heart, so secretly packed away from her is the revealing dress she had been in, resewn into a pillow by her father. Kaya instead, wears a hunter green, frilly sleeved shirt, revealing more of her arms and her chest than she desires. Her legs are notably hidden by long dirt-brown pants that are almost like jeans. She wishes her arms could be covered more but the feeling of her arms being bare is something she is much too used to. In a small pouch on her belt, she carries a whole lot of small, silver darts in it. Self-defense and all that. Practice allowed her to throw them with accuracy before she became a Reaper.

At a fancy do, she wears a white dress that is decorated with butterflies. Orange, pink, and brown butterflies are shown flying mostly over the front and towards the skirt area. Black lace covers where the bra would be visible, the fabric is cool and elastic, reaching almost to her ankles and barely covering past her shoulders. At times, this tends to be her battle outfit. Beware.

Nature/Element: Earth

History: Not everyone has a wonderful start, but everyone certainly has to try and make the best of it. Kaya knows this. However, understanding and doing is easier said than done.

Kaya Alabast was born in the city, the pregnancy difficult and also not taking place in a hospital. It was a young woman, a high schooler to be precise. She had made more than quite a few mistakes and one of those was not contacting the father. Though... she didn't have a phone. A... worker at a prostitute agency (to keep this polite) struck a deal with the young, impressionable teenager. We pay for your hospital trip; you give up the child. Rather not wanting to die, the young teen agreed to this, not entirely sure of the deal she had just struck and what would happen to her newborn daughter. She was happy someone would be able to provide for her though and even more pleased that they would both likely live through this.

She was rather off... wasn't she?

There was little use for a baby in a prostitute agency in truth. However, this man was clever. He had a messenger in that little girl and someone to brainwash into the arts of pleasure and money-making while doing it, even teaching her how to read and write. Though a little girl was not much pleasure for any normal person, that didn't mean those kinds of people did not exist. And even though Kaya didn't entirely grasp the situation, she was well aware of the wrongness of it as well. Because the touches and words continued to vary and swirl in her mind, it leaded to her simply shutting down and obeying, fearful of what would happen otherwise. Punishments were not very kindly done. One of these had actually torn apart her left hand, it unable to heal properly. Then again, was pleasure not the same, bruises that sang of desire? Because of this, there were a lot of times where she could not hear Wyve. Wyve, who had been around since she was a baby, could go through days, even weeks where he was completely emotionally and mentally cut off from the child. It only really stopped with the formation of Syr. Then she could hear him rather clearly, but sometimes, it didn't really matter

It was at the age of ten that everything changed. Then twenty-five-year-old James Alabast, father to young Kaya, who had until that moment had gone by Caron, something that the worker had found endearing, stormed the place, for lack of a better term. He had found her existence out from her mother, who had long since left the country. Guilty for not knowing and possibly considering such a thing happening, he hunted down his daughter to try and repair what damage he could. In truth, as he would admit to her later, he had wanted children but he didn't know it would be... quite so young as this. Since Kaya had been sleeping in her tiny cot at the time before being whisked out to her own family, the first thought in the little girl's mind was that she was being kidnapped and her boss would not get his pay.

Over the long drive back to the house they would live in, James spoke quietly and explained this all to her. She expected something horrible to happen to her during this. However, he did not go near her or reach out to her barring to carry her inside and examine her health. And even then, his fingers only ghosted over her. To anyone else, this would have been a sign of dislike. But to Kaya, it was respect and perhaps that made him endear to her. So did the name Kaya, the first thing she could honestly claim was hers. Wyve did not count, because she was not aware of anything like Reapers and familiars, merely that he was there.

That isn't to say the first year or so wasn't awkward and that it still isn't now. Oh no, they had quite a lot of trouble with each other due to Kaya's constant fear of the associate worker waking her for a job she was harmed by. Also, James was struggling to understand how to work with such a different child than his imagination. Kaya did not have the fear that he did not love her like other children would. She had no idea what the word meant. However, when James did take the risk of hugging her, she did realize that he was a safe person and to be safe around someone meant so much more. What also helped was that, due to his high status, he could afford to buy many books and materials and homeschool her. It rather amused the servants, who remembered the irresponsible brat who skipped school and stole from candy shops. Perhaps this was what allowed them to adore little Kaya, who soaked up information like a sponge. He taught and she learned and slowly Jamie began to make a girl out of a street rat. The therapist did help, even though Kaya barely spoke to her.

It is unfortunate, but this life was not magically sunshine and rainbows afterward. Her ability, which had been unintentionally held back by fear, decided to show itself during a walk in the garden. She had been frightened off by a group of her father's fellow businessmen, and while he was looking for her, she managed to get herself caught in a rosebush. Panic mounting, James heard her screaming bloody murder and found her still caught in the thorny vines and bleeding. However, Wyve was carefully, invisibly helping her, even though Syr had decided to try and rip herself free in the process. It was a very confusing day and also the day that James had no choice but to be more serious with the therapist.

Unlike him, Kaya could not go to a dorm school for high school. Though she was incredibly smart, smart enough to skip eighth grade and would have done more if allowed, she was not socially capable. There would be too many risks of flashbacks or self-harm, or even Syr deciding it was okay to interfere with situations. Besides, graduation would be enough of a goal. And it was. She even managed not to faint until James managed to find her. Then of course, well... you know.

To make her Reaper duty work, she relied on her father's suddenly really busy schedule. They both hated it, but it was better than her trying to explain Wyve and everything else. Syr was enough. Not willing to sacrifice her education to the Reapers, she is willing to work with it and her education, a lot more than what could have been said her freshman year of high school, that is for sure.

Personality: It's not easy to forget what you are. The fairy tale prince ending doesn't exist; there is no happily ever after that comes out all right. You have to heal slowly, or hope to do it. But sometimes you don't. And the shadow lingers like a bruise on your brain.

Kaya knows this very well.

Timid and obedient, Kaya Alabast is frequently forgotten and left to waste away on her own if she is alone. This is what she wants. If she is noticed, the hands will roam and she will likely fall into a panic attack. She was supposed to be a Valkyrie, but instead, she is too meek, too willing to follow the crowd. She is expecting fondling, assault in a safe environment and the mere concept of this event sends her into terrors at the simple tap on the shoulder. It's rather painful to watch at times, but if she's aware of the pity sent her way, she will not speak of it. Pain and pleasure have mixed rather thickly in her mind and pity is rather misinterpreted. She is very sensitive to the emotions people have; but she doesn't have any idea what they mean.

In truth Kaya doesn't speak at all really. No one has really heard it except her father and therapist and even then it is reportedly a whisper. Most of the time, if you catch her attention, she'll write on a white board and hide her face behind it. Even if she did talk, it'd be to the floor. However, it isn't because she's quiet that she's intelligent. It's because books are her new escape. And a part of her is still in deep shock, uncertain of how real this is and how she is supposed to behave. She can't even do social mannerisms properly for the most part. Eye contact? Nope. Speaking properly and not at the floor? Nope. Shaking hands. Certainly nope.

When she finally opens up to someone, Kaya becomes rather dependent on their company. She won't say much and you may forget she's there... but she may be found following you like a lost puppy, just listening or working. It happened to her father... but it will likely take a long time for her to do such a thing in this new environment, particularly with over-familiarity likely to occur. At least Sheryl understands.

Kaya has quite a bit of despair in her, believing this really isn't happening and she's just trying to comfort herself over the real suffering. This makes her inwardly spiteful and her thoughts can frequently be dark and icy. In reality seeing another in pain gives her a pulse of pleasure and a desire for people to have more of it and enjoy it. It's not simply out of anger, but because it's been very hard for her to tell the clear difference between her suffering and their enjoyment. So for all she knows that's giving them what they want, making it worse.

This sort of heartless person, so quickly spiteful and cruel, is practically another part of herself, the part that was able to give what was wanted and needed. Though indistinct, selfish, even rather naive and foolish, this is Syr. And she is not happy to be here. Syr is also talkative, chatty and general out-and-out annoying.

Syr, though many things worthy of dislike, is also worth pitying in some twisted way. While Kaya merely freezes up at the idea of social, Syr reciprocates kindness by...well, physical contact. It doesn't embarrass Kaya, but even she is aware that that is not right. In her nightmares, she can't always say it isn't, but Syr does not care either way. She enjoys seduction, games, fighting, conflict. Masochism and prideful as well.

As her kindness has been blossoming, unknowingly tended by her father's care, Kaya also struggles to be brave enough to speak and smile again, genuine smiles. She does make the effort to smile at servants and help in silence. As she grows more comfortable, doing this will likely become more second nature and normal. She doesn't mind assisting others... as long as she doesn't have to touch them. Progress is slow, but it is still a few steps forward.

She loves Wyve. And James, but Wyve most of all. Wyve was always there, invisible or when visible, close and warm. She always listens to him, even if what he's saying scares her. That is why she is fighting, because he says it is important and because it quiets Syr, who is very silly and noisy and confusing.

Spells:

Cell Waver-Earth Element - In a meditative mind using physical contact, Kaya kills the cells in her body to heal another, or the other way around. Ironically, it is easier to do the former.

Todesdolch -Dark Element- Enchanting the darts she constantly carries around, they pierce the enemy with dark energy. If not concentrated on, can easily miss and only go in a straight line.

Accel Breaker -Earth Element- Only usable in conjunction with Wyve's weapon form, enhances body capabilities for a set amount of time. If used more than twice in a span of hours, her body begins to break down on itself.

Other: She has relatively decent martial arts skills but rarely ever employs them or throwing her darts. Most of the time, she just runs away. As a college student, she tends to hunt on weekends or breaks.

FAMILIAR SIGN-UP

Name: Wyve (Pronounced like Wave)

Appearance:
    friedrich.jpg
    (Cuddly dragons for the win.)

Personality: Wyve is an honest creature, with all too-much affection buried within his tiny body. Rather like a doting parent, he is usually poking at Kaya to keep her on track or scolding (via high-pitched squeak-growls) Syr for some clearly obvious offense that she doesn't care about. He is not loyal merely out of necessity, but because Kaya would be utterly helpless without him and he knows it. It gives him a rather twisted sense of pride, but there you go. He still desires that he could kill humans, as he would have done it years ago if he could. His protectiveness of Kaya is outmatched only by his pragmatic thinking. Intelligent to a fault, he is the decision maker and the clear-cut thinker.

From this, one might think that Wyve is blunt, rude, and bossy. Not so. Kaya can't handle bossy. He is patient, diplomatic, only pushing her as a last resort. His encouragement is gentle, even to Syr he is gentle. She doesn't want to be seen as weaker than a little dragon thing, right? No, he knows how to handle someone as fragile as Kaya and trusts her with almost no one else. Wyve doesn't even consider Reaper work to be the great, enormous destiny and devotion worthy action that most do. It just keeps Kaya alive and that is all that's important.

As said, it's usually him calling the shots, but Syr is not without merit. Therefore, he listens to her, and with great care. He knows where to correct in regards to himself or her, but others are not interesting to him, nor will they ever be. That would be a worthless thing, since Kaya has always been with him, if they are not affecting her in any way, they are simply none of his business.

Default Spirit Weapon Form: Weighted knuckle gloves with steel under the knuckles. Increases her defense and allows Kaya to form a flimsy shield.

Totem: A stuffed animal of a baby dragon. Yes, really. Kaya was a baby when she met Wyve after all. She needed to be something a baby or toddler could be seen carried around and not look suspicious. So it's a fluffy white dragon with beady blue eyes. Also it kept her from crying and ruining the mood.

Spells:

Black Ash- (Dark Element)- fires black smoke that corrodes at the soul

Comet Blast- (Earth Element) Mana bolts and rock spikes shoot at the opponent

Rock Bind- (Earth Element)- earth holds the opponent in place by their feet

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
    Years
  • I would like to join, but I do not have time at this moment to create an SU. I should, however, be able to work on one tomorrow~

Stingray

Space elves FTW
    Years
  • This looks very interesting so here is a SU! Is a little different so if you reject it I will not be offended :p

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Fuyu: You are accepted

@Fort PokePower: You are reserved.

@Stingray: As much as I want to accept your SU, there are some things that stick out. I get that Luci somehow 'bounded' her soul to her brother's but that wouldn't make her a Lost Soul, seeing as how she is now a part of her brother's.

Also, her attack that allows her to step between worlds. I don't quite understand how she is existing in the spirit world (by spirit world, I am assuming you are talking about Hell/Heaven), if she is his Familiar and exists alongside him plus being a part of his soul.

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Alright, I have finished my sign-up. Some of you here may find them...

(•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

familiar.

YEEEEAAAHHH

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Songbird: You are accepted!

Nice pun by the way, I totally did not see that one coming. It actually took me a few seconds to realize it was pun too, lol.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Yes that should be fine Yamagi, as long as it's within limits.

Also, since we have quite a bit of players I think we are going to cap it off once we hit eight-nine players. But otherwise we are good to go and I shall submit IC soon, along with guidelines for possible first post.

Back