• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart of Soul [OOC/SU]

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Well, it's not exactly sandbox. Like I said, only the first tiny bit is, but after that it gets slightly more linear. But yeah, I'll prolly just submit.

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
SIGN-UP:

Name: Shear Smith (no real last name, he just makes one up for formal stuff because he's lazy, usually Smith)

Appearance: Shear stands at an intimidating 6'5, his affinity for light stands out in the fact the he is completely incapable of tanning his fairly pale skin, and his hair is always a pure golden blond that seems to glow faintly and his dazzling green eyes are very reflective. Shear can't stand the contradiction that despite the fact that he's big, strong, and sometimes mean his features could only be described as beautiful, if still masculine. Shear has the musculature of a man twice his girth but it barely shows when he's not using it, just enough for someone to know he works out and that's about it, but defines itself clearly when he is exerting himself. Shear tends to dress in black baggy pants with a lot of pockets white sneakers, a plain black muscle shirt and a white hoody with gold colored draw strings and zipper, that is also crimson on the inside and has black stripes on the left arm. his face tends to be dirty sometimes because he doesn't like to be in his apartment and so doesn't wash his face as often as he'd like (Although he never seems to stink, that pisses him off too, he sees it as effeminate) Despite the fact that he is fairly sloppy as far as cleanliness goes he always keeps his jacket spotless and is extremely protective of it. Shear also wears a chain necklace with his totem hanging from it. Shear's top canines always look like a hybrid between what they should be, and a cat's fangs, being longer, sharper and slightly more curved than a human's ever since his 18th birthday.

Nature/Element: Light

History: Shear was born in the city and has dealt with people his whole life, although he'd prefer not to. Shear was one of the rare cases of someone being born as a reaper, although he had no idea until the first time he cast a spell(see last paragraph). Shear first began to notice Kerayle when he was about 6 years old, back when he always looked like a kitten and immediately loved him, playing with him whenever he could. His parents assumed Kerayle was imaginary because Shear didn't have the power or the knowledge to manifest him yet, and so got him a real kitten to keep their son sane. Of course Shear had nowhere near the connection to the cat that he had to Kerayle, he thought it was adorable but whenever Shear tried to play with it Kerayle got jealous and scratched his arms, leading his parents to believe he had a more sinister feeling towards the real cat than indifference and that he got scratched because he was treating it badly, until finally the cat officially became his mother's and she took care of it.

Shear wasn't antisocial, but he still didn't have many friends at school, he just didn't click with people...and of course the other kids found it weird that every once in a while he would stare at the sun for no reason and it didn't seem to hurt his eyes. Before long Shear got in fights with some of the other boys, specifically a couple of bullies who picked on weaker children because they knew better than to bother him, but Shear couldn't stand to watch anybody be mistreated and before long he began to step in, until the bullies all jumped him at once on the way home from school one day. He actually managed to win the fight, where it really caused trouble was what the bullies told the school and the school told his parents, they weren't angry, they were disturbed because the thing that stood out the most in all their minds were the children's descriptions of the way he smiled throughout the fight and his canines actually looked like a cat's fangs.

Shear's parents began to homeschool him to keep him out of trouble and everything was relatively quiet, they thought he had gotten over his 'imaginary cat' because he had grown wise enough not to give them reason to suspect anymore and before long he moved out and started on his own. Shear went from part time job to part time job for a while like any teenager without a family business or college until the day he saw something really strange. There was a girl standing in the middle of the street crying, before Shear could say anything a car seemed to hit her...but in fact went through her and she didn't react to anything around her until she saw a little girl not unlike herself being picked up by her father and cheering happily. At the joyous sight the little girl screamed "NO! Don't trust him! They're all liars! You stay away from her I won't let you touch her!" Sobbing all the while the little girl grew bigger and began to change until she looked like the silhouette of a large wolf with glowing read eyes and leapt at the father. Before Shear had any idea what was going on even as he felt the cheap necklace he had gotten from a weird traveling market shaking like crazy until he saw the most glorious white tiger leap at the beast and knock it away from the man and his daughter, who seemed not to notice the disturbance. Shear was still just watching the whole exchange like a slack-jawed idiot until the tiger looked at him and roared as he simultaneously heard a familiar voice in his head. Fool! What are you doing? Don't just watch these people die! Help me free this poor lost soul "Kerayle...is that you?" No time to talk! hurry up and do what you've known you needed to all along! Before Shear could ask what he meant Kerayle disappeared in a flash of light and left behind a peculiar sword, it was very much like a scimitar, except the guard was a tuft of the softest white fur, the pommel was an emerald that seemed to contain it's own flameless light source, and the edge of the blade was where the spine would normally be, tapering to much more of a point at the end (I don't think I need to explain the theme anymore XD) And all of a sudden Shear felt like he knew exactly what to do-like he HAD known for years.

Of course knowing what he had to do doesn't mean Shear had the expertise to back it up, he mindlessly ran at the monster and swung the sword as hard as he could, but was easily dodged. The only reason the beast didn't immediately counterattack and kill him on the spot was because although it dodged the strike, the blade of the sword emanated an arc of light tracing the way Shear had slashed and the wave seemed to destroy the creature completely as well as sprinkle motes of light all over the place. As he sat there, finally realizing he was more than a freak who liked cats, he had a purpose. After the incident, as he learned more about himself and what he was, Shear took on a job as a bouncer at a night club, both fulfilling his violent urges and making some money in one fell swoop.

Personality: Shear's personality is a bit self contradictory at times. He is mostly kind and caring but he also has a snarky attitude and likes to fight although not necessarily to hurt people. He loves animals in general, but especially cats. Shear has a sort of macho attitude, not believing that a man MUST be a manly man but wanting to be one himself, as such he usually tries to keep his love of cats a secret, it is also why he hates his physical appearance besides his size. Even though he is tough and sometimes blunt, Shear actually hates causing others pain, emotional at least, that's why he only fights jerks and when he has too, he is a very gentle person.Despite the fact that he is smart, handsome and tough, Shear has never had any kind of relationship with a woman simply because he doesn't know how to deal with them, his strategy for getting through walls is to smash them but he knows that's not how to treat the dilemma of interacting with women, so they utterly perplex him, especially the beautiful ones, the only thing he understands about them is that he likes them. On the other hand Shear knows exactly how he feels about children, he doesn't like them because of their endless capacity for cruelty and how whiny they tend to be, he refuses to see the good sides of children's psyches. Shear has a great talent for cooking, he figured he loves to eat food, but prefers to be alone and restaurants are expensive, so he taught himself to cook and even though he doesn't go looking for people to hang around with he loves hearing that anybody likes his food, the only downside is everything he cooks tends to revolve around or at least involve cheese.

Spells: Light Spear: Shear can form shafts of solid light which he can throw at amazing speeds, it's power is impressive, but he can only form one at a time and it takes time to throw well and it only goes in a straight line.
Wave Slash: The first spell Shear ever 'learned' coats the edge of his sword in a light that is not quite solid but close, tracing the edge of his slash and going forth from the blade in a wave of light energy. It could be considered an intermediate level spell but he can't use it at will yet and it uses up a lot of mana.
Werelight: Shear can make a small orb of pure light with a certain amount of sentience, pretty much just an intelligent light source.

Other: Glad I got here early enough to be one of the 'Founding members' if that's a good term for it, nice to meet you all and I look forward to this! =D

FAMILIAR SIGN-UP:

Name: Kerayle (Kih-Rail)

Appearance: Kerayle looks like one would expect a white tiger to look, but roughly 1 1/3 times as large as a full grown male, with fur that always glows faintly and green eyes identical to Shear's except for the feline vertical slit of a pupil. He also can appear as a kitten form of his main self.

Personality: Very calm and composed on the outside, usually the voice of reason compared to Shear, but he is easily angered. He has a playful side that can only be brought out by children and very rare circumstances, he either thinks he is a dragon or doesn't know when to let a joke go, because ever since he first introduced himself to Shear he claimed he was a dragon, and still does.

Default Spirit Weapon Form: Think of this But with a guard of fur, an emerald for the pommel and the edge and spine having switched places, described in fairly good detail in the history.

Totem: A small stone Cat's claw hanging from a chain necklace, Shear found it one day when traders from somewhere else were around the market.

Spells: Wave Slash: Like Shear's but with three at once from his claws.

Animal Spirit: Kerayle can take the form of a will-o-wisp to phase through solid objects and light up an area, but he cannot fight in this form.

Sun's Ferocity: Kerayle can amplify the feral presence he carries with him using magic to roar in a way that can intimidate even demons, weaker and weaker with the strength of the enemy down to only a moment of trepidation.

Last edited:

Sephear

Years
Yay! Wait...beach party? ooooooh will there be babes? Because besides the fact that I am a man, and appreciate the female body XD I also would love to see how that would mess up Shear plus swim trunks are super comfy.

Speaking of which, made another tweak to his personality section, I forgot to mention before that he hates to hurt people, it's the fighting part of fighting he likes...if you know what I mean. I can't wait for the RP to start looks like it's gonna be tons of fun, besides I've always wanted a familiar =D

*LE GASP!* Torn you're in Youkai? jealous face, by the time I got back on with my new account and saw it for the first time it was already full and with a BUNCH of posts.

Last edited:

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
Of course there'll be babes; only very odd feminists hate the exposure of the female body playing volleyball in a bikini on the beach!

I very much understand your explanation, too. It's the violence part, not the injury part that he likes. :D

Oh, yeah, account change, right, forgot for a second. This is TornZero! Okay, now stop paying attention to the account change and get back to watching babes playing volleyball in bikinis on the beach.

Sephear

Years
W00! Too be honest, I don't generally like feminists, a lot of the ones I've seen just plain hate men, like the ones that protested a bunch of guys meeting...just because they were guys.

Yes Ma'am! Don't have to tell me twice! *Ogles the volleyball game*

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
To go off-topic for a moment, feminism has divided into various sects and "waves" over the years, and the meaning of the movement has muddied. Nowadays, you'll never find a feminist who simply wants to be treated equally to men in the workplace and in the eye of the law and such, which they still aren't. It's as if all of them are radical in some form, be they simple misandrists, Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminists (that's seriously real. Really.), or they could practically be identified as female supremacists.

Basically, "feminism" is really stupid now.

Sephear

Years
Like those women who say all say all "Sex" is rape? It's sad to see stuff like that, until I got older I never really even thought about feminism as a concept because growing up my parents taught me to treat anybody with respect unless they give me a reason not to. The only way I treat women differently is I tend to be nice to them, if I may be corny chivalry is alive and strong to me, I like the whole 'hold the door, pull out the chair' thing. Just because I'm a lazy jerk doesn't mean I can't be a gentleman >=)

By the way, what exactly is the deal with your account switch? Because I sent copies of my SU to both you and Beats for approval before posting (Because I had an idea for a starter not on the list, I think you'd like it.) And realized I forgot to put it in my 'sent' folder so I can't send it to this new one.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Lol, weird change of topic. Anyways, I want to announce:

SUs are still open! If anyone reading this was debating whether to join or not, but don't know if it's full, there's still room!

Okay, so before I submit the IC thread, some things I should tell you. The first bit of the RP will be a bit sandbox, save for a few events that will happen. There's no point in everyone meeting up yet, so really I just want you guys to get into 'pairs'. Just meet with someone somehow (doesn't really matter how). Essentially they will be the first Reaper you meet since becoming one.

If anyone has any questions, let me know.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
I want to join the rp because it sounds like a lot of fun. However, I'll need some time to get my story straight so it don't sound too hokey.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Sephear

Years
W00! First post! I have no idea what part of New York Shear lives in, but messing with his jacket definitely gives him rage, of the Brooklyn variety.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
@siiadams: yeah that's fine. Just let me know or post it here when it's up.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Well, here we go. This'll work, hopefully. If something seems unclear, let me know.

Name: Anthony Marsh

Appearance: He stands at 6' 7" and weighs 247 lbs. He has long brown hair ending at his shoulders. He has a lean, somewhat-muscular physique due to his love of physical activity. He has a tattoo of a yin-yang symbol on his right upper arm and he has a few scars on his arms and chest. If asked about them, he refers to them as "life lessons".

His clothing consists of a leather vest that has a large patch of a scorpion on the back. Above the patch is his name etched in, while below the patch are the words "Raise Hell". He also wears a white sleeveless t-shirt, black pants, black leather belt with a skull buckle, and black steel-toed work boots. He also wears a pair of black fingerless gloves adorned with small flat spikes across the knuckles. In addition, around his neck hangs a small chain that amosts hugs the base of his neck. Hanging from the chain is an onyx cross.

Nature/Element: Fire

History: He was born in Dallas, TX to a retired biker and his wife, who wanted him to follow in their footsteps. Tony, as he liked to be called, was taught since day 1 to be tough and merciless in a fight. However, he wasn't that good, getting beaten up more than he should have. Seeing that Tony was losing confidence, his mother enrolled him in Tae Kwon Do classes. Not only did this help with his confidence, but it taught him to not be violent to others, unless his life was threatened. After years of working hard, Tony elevated himself to the top of his martial arts class, even winning in a spar with his teacher. His sensai saw Tony's potential and told him of a conference in New York where he could ascend to black belt status.

Tony, with his goal in mind, talked to his parents about this trip. At first, they were against it, but when they saw how determined he was to get there, his father decided to give him his old motorcycle, a Harley-Davidson sportster. Tony and his father worked on making sure the motorcycle was up and running and soon he found himself heading for New York. After days of riding, he finally arrived at the Big Apple. As he searched for where the conference was to be held, he found a group of bikers roaring through the city. He recognized them right away: the Hell's Angels! He knew of their reputation and decided to try and join them.

He proved himself to the leader of the group and was brought in on a contingency basis. The group would evaluate Tony's performance and see if he truly belonged. Soon after, he found the conference his sensai told him about and entered himself in. Showing his skills in martial arts (combined with his street tactics), he proved himself worthy and received his first-degree black belt. Tony, needless to say, was on Cloud Nine! He even found himself a job at a local bar as a bouncer, earning the job by winning a fight with the previous bouncer. However, his world would come crashing down.

Most of the time with the Hell's Angels was spent partying and riding out to different parts of NYC, drinking and fighting. It was fun...until someone in the group suggested they ride to the red hook section of Brooklyn for some fun. They rode out, but was soon surprised by a large gang ambushing them with gunfire. Tony, himself, was shot repeatedly before falling off his bike. As he hit the ground, he saw the last remnants of his group collapsing like puppets with their strings cut. His sight blurry, the last thing he saw was a couple of gang members in red hoodies. They pointed their guns straight at his head and pulled the trigger...

He awoke in a strange room with bright lights beaming down on him. As he slowly looked around, the doctor (who was just finished extracting the bullets from Tony's flesh) was white-eyed with fear. He was extremely lucky, he thought, as he stood on his feet, grabbed his clothing and changed into them. He found his bike at the police impound lot and, after paying for it, rode with it back to his hangout. It was there he realized that he was the sole survivor of their ambush. Before he had a chance to grieve, though, someone knocked on the door. Tony slowly walked to the door, but before he had a chance to see, the door shoved open to reveal a person he had seen once or twice at the bar.

Next thing Tony knew, they were talking about Reapers and demons and all sorts of weird junk. He didn't remember the details of their talk, just the basics. He had to kill at least one demon a week or lose his abilities. Sounded like something he could do, especially if they were a part of the gang that gunned him down.

Personality: Tony is a hard rocker from birth and is usually found listening to music from Metallica, Stonesour, Shinedown, and others to relax. He is a hard worker, proud of his physique, and likes to go out and have fun. He's not picky as far as what they do to have fun, nor is he picky about who he associates with. He quickly comes to his friends aid when they need it, whether they ask him or not. He feels unwary about travelling to a new area and will be on guard at all times until he feels more comfortable. He likes to keep his thoughts to himself, but will volunteer information if needed. Otherwise, he will only talk if someone directly talks to him.

Spells
Flaming Skull (fire) A small fireball shaped into a skull. As it grows stronger, he will volley up to three (a la Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat) and the skulls will grow larger.

Flaming Flask Kick or FFK (fire) A close-range attack. As his legs are covered with flames, he performs a backflip, using his legs to connect with his foe. In between the kicks, flames trail behind his heel. (Just think of Guile's flash kick from Street Fighter 2, but with flames)

Firewall (fire) A defensive spell. A wall of flames appears before him. Its always the same height as his body, but the width is three feet. The thickness at first is only an inch thick. As he gets stronger, the thickness and width grows. The wall disappears if he wills it or if he has no mana to support it.

FAMILIAR

Name: Bunsen

Appearance: Bunsen is a large black scorpion, about the size of an adult cat. Stretched out, from the tip of its pincers to the tip of its tail, its about 3 1/2 feet long. The rest of its body is proportional. The stinger on its tail is a blood red color.

Personality: Bunsen is as much a fighter as Tony, ready to fight and give its life to keep his reaper safe. Much like the reaper he's with, he likes to have fun with others and will talk to others if nescessary. When a battle starts, though, his mind takes a more military mindset, focusing on strategy and battling. He will always take orders from Tony and ONLY him, unless told to follow orders from whoever Tony tells him to. If there is a conflict of orders between Tony and another, he will listen to and follow his reaper. Bunsen will never leave his side, no matter what the circumstances.

Weapon: When willed to, Bunsen transforms himself into a 6' long black metal staff that can never be broken or cut. Its fully capable of supporting Tony's weight, being used to propel Tony forward during a battle. If someone holds the staff that it doesn't recognize, the entire staff will be covered in flames until Tony claims it back.

Totem: When Bunsen is not being used, he resides in the scorpion patch on the back of his vest. At first, Bunsen would actually turn into the patch. However, in order to hide the familiar better, Tony had a patch made for him to enter and be safe.

Spells
Heatwave (fire) STAFF-FORM ONLY! The ends of the staff (6 inches) would be covered in flames. The staff itself will float in front of Tony and spin rapidly, creating a small ring of fire that flies out at the opponent.

Flamethrower (fire) Simply put, flames shoot out of Bunsen's mouth for a few seconds before dissipating. As the spell grows, the spell can be sustained for longer and the flames do more damage.

Lava Sting (fire) Instead of a toxic venom released when stung with the tail, lava is injected into the opponent. The lava, compared to venom, does more damage as it travels through the body. However, the lava moves slower through the blood stream, meaning that its easier to get to a cure. Any spell for curing disease or antidote for scorpion venom will cause the lava to dissipate. Bunsen can use this spell only once per summoning.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 31, 2023
Good SU. Siiadams, you are accepted. You can now post in the IC thread.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • she/her/they/them
  • Home
  • Seen yesterday
I'll be attempting my first post later today or tomorrow. I have an errand to run this morning. :)

Sephear

Years
Addition to that question, was he partying at the Night Club Shear is a bouncer for? Because that would be a funny set of coincidences.

Back