• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart & Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
    What is the significance of super fang on crobat? Super fang does half damage to any pokemon but anything with an attack higher than 2 can do more than half to crobat with splash.

mike182

H&S league ghost type gym
    Years
    What is the significance of super fang on crobat? Super fang does half damage to any pokemon but anything with an attack higher than 2 can do more than half to crobat with splash.

only ghosts can switch into it and with if you get a tuant switch and hit whatever comes out next and crobat is hard to outspeed so its got a good chance of going first with the next turn

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
    Oh I see. That is dangerously frustrating. It seems like It's use is pretty limited to leads that are reliant on non-attacking moves. A wasted taunt on an attack move followed by another attack the next turn seems like it could easily kill Crobat though. Of course if you predict Crobat switching then that's when you can safely switch out of the taunt.

mike182

H&S league ghost type gym
    Years
    Oh I see. That is dangerously frustrating. It seems like It's use is pretty limited to leads that are reliant on non-attacking moves. A wasted taunt on an attack move followed by another attack the next turn seems like it could easily kill Crobat though. Of course if you predict Crobat switching then that's when you can safely switch out of the taunt.

crobat is easy to take out true but with a sash a wasted taunt can be if your also packing hypnsosis

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
    Well that's all and good. But between super-fang's 90% accuracy and hynosis's 60%, it's not terribly reliable.

-P.S.- I just found out how to change my style from Pichu2 back to Quilava's Glaciation on this stupid proxy. Those dang Pichu(s?) were mocking me. Quilava's glaciation is so calming... Happy Day :t108:

Last edited:

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Hypnosis has been reliable for my crobat. I've had some really good luck with it :p (It's what I used to stop mike's Ambipom) It's all a matter of predicting if your opponent will do an attacking move or passive move.

I probobly won't teach super fang to my sleep inducing crobat but I might mess around with a moveset or two using a different crobat.

Last edited:

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
    Hypnosis has been reliable for my crobat. I've had some really good luck with it :p (It's what I used to stop mike's Ambipom) It's all a matter of predicting if your opponent will do an attacking move or passive move.

I probobly won't teach super fang to my sleep inducing crobat but I might mess around with a moveset or two.

Well I'm not trying to insinuate that Crobat is a bad Pokemon in any way. I am just saying that it should not be given so many jobs (anti-lead, sleep inducer, etc.) at once. There are better seperate anti-leads and more reliable sleep inducers.

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
    Well I'm not trying to insinuate that Crobat is a bad Pokemon in any way. I am just saying that it should not be given so many jobs (anti-lead, sleep inducer, etc.) at once. There are better seperate anti-leads and more reliable sleep inducers.

Yeah, but Crobat IS one of the fastest, if not THE fastest sleep inducer with 130 base speed, making it a good job for crobat, despite the low accuracy.

Last edited:

leingodf8

GLEE!!!
    Years
    Well my lead Mamoswine begs to splatter that thing against the wall. <(0.0)>

So what if it can... there are a lot of things a crobat can do better than a mamoswine, its not like its a worse pokemon just because it loses to mamoswine. For example... a lead bronzong would get screwed by crobat... taunt stopping a potential reflect/stealth rock/TR, and then a U-Turn to a ghost or something to make the explosion useless... Where as mamoswines only real move to do any damage would be super power which a bronzong could easily take and then either explode, or gyro ball for a fair bit of damage

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Shouldn't this league be for Heart and Soul versions?

Id also try out for Flare Gym as a Fire Trainer, but I don't want to do it so close to the new game's releases and switch and I recently reset my Platinum version.

-TheZeide

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back