• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold SoulSilver Commercial [updated]

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    A commercial has just been released for HGSS. This is the very first time it has appeared on TV and there are some new cut scenes which are evident. Tell us what you think...

It shows Ho-Oh and Lugia a couple more times, it looks like the Pokemon will COME OUT when you make it use an HM.

[edit update by staff: clear video uploaded online]
    https://www.filb.de/1100

Last edited by a moderator:

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Aww man those cut scenes are AWESOME! But... I didn't see the part where the pokemon came out when it used an HM. Probably just me. Nice update. Btw I think I've seen some of your walkthroughs. Have you ever done rijon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Yes, I have

Aww man those cut scenes are AWESOME! But... I didn't see the part where the pokemon came out when it used an HM. Probably just me. Nice update. Btw I think I've seen some of your walkthroughs. Have you ever done rijon?

I have done Rijon, but my narration sucked at that time. If you watch, please remember I was not at my fullest.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    HeartGold SoulSilver Commercial [updated]

Looks like the poke-following is optional! (No its not gym only since soul had her chikorita in morty's gym)

Ayselipera

I Love the fall scenes they look amazing.
    I'm even more excited now!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Blackthorn looks awesome! Also like how your pokemon don't have to follow you at all times...... And definitely lovin how the HM moves are animated and actually shown being done :)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Wow this looks emense!
    The Pokemon Company really know how to make people anticipate thing!
    There has been no images of kanto so far though.. None i've seen anyway

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Wow this looks emense!
    The Pokemon Company really know how to make people anticipate thing!
    There has been no images of kanto so far though.. None i've seen anyway
    There are if you count the Johto map which also shows the Elite Four place which is in Kanto... and routes leading from Victory Road to Viridian as well.

I quite liked the trailer - a lot of nice stuff there. Let's see...hmm, feel going going through it part by part. New Bark town from a higher angle and all, followed by Goldenrod! Yay. Compared to GSC... well, by the sign above the Pokemon Centre, Game Corner is back in the same spot by random guessing... same for the Dept. Store. The buildings below... looks like some are unable to be accessed... but seem bigger and all as well. Plus there's at least a new NPC there. Hmm... idk, but *maybe* goldenrod is at least a little bit bigger?

Ecruteak Tin Tower Gate shown again, and then the Ho-oh and Lugia scenes which look really nice. (Hurrah for the English 'Touch to Start!' pics as well XD). I prefer Lugia's personally, but both are good. Then there's starter choosing, and Tin Tower, I assume. Man, those tress and scenery look *fantastic*, IMO. Then it's the girl protagonist walking with Chikorita (Dance Theatre!), Slowpoke Well again (it is slight bigger in that part!... obviously).

Pokemon starters like to dance, it seems, and Chikorita uses Cut on a tree - neat. BUT - note that when Chikorita does that (0:31 - 0:34) - there's a tree there standing in the clearing. Looking unlike any other Berry tree, without any soil there... and it's not a Sudowoodo either. Could this be an Apricorn tree?

Then Pokedex stuff - seen that before - Ho-oh again, and... Clair's gym looks considerably more awesome (looks like her gym, leastways), with the lava and new/somewhat changed gym puzzle! And Pokemon don't always necessarily follow you, it seems... good for those who hate the idea, I suppose? Chikorita attacks a Mareep, Monty's Gym puzzle is at least the same idea, and looks considerably more awesome now...yadda yadda yadda.

And the other thing of note is that Cianwood again has the house north of it - the one in Crystal! And there's a path further north... seems to me at least another hint of Eusine and the Suicune subplot returning to HG/SS - after all, there is the same area there, after all. Far from confirmed though, mind.

Looks like that person ate the PokeWalker, and trading a Chikorita for Arceus is a GREAT TRADE!

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
    This great video further showcases the excellent graphics in HG/SS, particularly the title screen. (giggity)

I think I have more and more faith in HG/SS every day.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    Wow this has excited me so much more. Sure, I do not live over in that area in Asia, I live in North America but wow does all those videos from that commercial get me pumped. It was enough for me to understand even more how great this is going to be. I wish they showed commercials and had that hyped around here. They used to back when pokemon was huge in NA, but not anymore unfortunately.

Back