• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Screenies

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    So wait its a radio tower graveyard? Awesome I wonder if Pokemon haunt the radio...

no the graveyard is below :P

anyway cerulian

HeartGold & SoulSilver Screenies

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I told myself I was going to pick Chikorita, but....

=DDDDD

so apparently this game is unlike previous games and actually shows in the "starter preview" that it's shiny or not.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Shiny Pokemon must be more common in this game then ...

Not at all - Ellie just got darn lucky, is all. After all, given the amount of people probably playing it and the fact you can see three Pokemon at once and whether they're shiny or not, at least one is actually boud to come up with some luck. HG/SS uses the same game mechanics as D/P/Pt, so hence the shiny rate is the same.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen yesterday
    All I can say right now is thank you for posting the screens the shiny Magikarp screen was really cool.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    a higher encounter rate wouldn't help starters though =P. I think it's just like bab said that there's a 3x chance since there's 3 starters, plus with the amount of people playing this game and using the internet, there's bound to be some lucky souls that get some and post to tell the world.

Back