• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Screenies

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    Finally got trough that annoying place ... i got to lugia!
    HeartGold & SoulSilver Screenies

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    @Amachi hmm... tangela? difficult to catch? LOL
    [off-topic]youre not a mod? o.O[/off-topic]
    someone asked for a beautifly too....

Season

Garden Gladiator
    Years
    The Pokemon locations are very similar to that in Gold and Silver, if not the same (save for the extra Pokemon introduced after the completion of the dex). I've so far only found Tangela on the route south of Pallet Town and near Mt Silver. It's a pain in the butt to catch, lol.

Ah, I see. Thank you. :P

@Amachi hmm... tangela? difficult to catch? LOL
    [off-topic]youre not a mod? o.O[/off-topic]

Haha, I love Tangela's sprite. I think that's definitelt the Pokemon I'll have walking around with me. ^-^

blendaz

Yo, Champ in the making!
    Years
    Finally, I finished the game! Lance's lv50 Dragonite was a pain for me since my feraligatr was too low lv :[
    But anyway i ripped him and he took me to the Hall of fame then the credits scrolled (pretty nice made, isn't it?) and i was returned to my hometown ...

GOLD: Ready to explore Kanto, Lugia?
    LUGIA: SURE! Let's go rip those gym leaders!!!

------------EDIT 1------------
    Wow! The SS Aqua is awesome!!!

Very nice job :]

------------EDIT 2------------
    Nice! I caught raikou and entei :]

Here are the OWs

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Thank you for the image, I highly appreciate it. Beautifly is a personal favorite (at least one of them), and I can say that it's OW sprite looks really well in the games. It's hard to determine whether it is flying above ground or on level, but considering the overshadow it is given, I presume it looks like it is in air from a side view.

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Thank you for the image, I highly appreciate it. Beautifly is a personal favorite (at least one of them), and I can say that it's OW sprite looks really well in the games. It's hard to determine whether it is flying above ground or on level, but considering the overshadow it is given, I presume it looks like it is in air from a side view.
    it was flying... its just that the screenshot was taken on a different OW frame (donno what exactly is it called :P)

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2009
    Y'know what would be awesome to see? The opposite of Beautifly, Dustox, Considering i had an Awesome one in Sapphire, could someone get that for me? Following Please.

Years
    Purely because I felt like it. And because I felt I should contribute since I joined the community. I love making comparisons between old and new, so I made these. They are with FRLG shots because I don't have older versions (easier to compare colour to colour anyway).
    I stole some of your pics :P Well, your pics are all I have actually (because I'm waiting for the English version for my DS) Tell me if you're annoyed and I'll delete them. I hope this isn't irrelevant to the thread. It's still screenshots >_<
    I love how much cozier the HGSS versions make the colours ^_^

Um... and at this point the post preview tells me I can't link to any pics until I've posted 15 times...
    Well, I'm not going to spam the forum just so I can show you some pics :( Let's see if attachments work.

Last edited:

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    nice comparisons there!
    dustox.. kinda i donno how to get a wurmple.. well, the 2 my friend gave.. both turned out into beautiflies >_>

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Purely because I felt like it. And because I felt I should contribute since I joined the community. I love making comparisons between old and new, so I made these. They are with FRLG shots because I don't have older versions (easier to compare colour to colour anyway).
    I stole some of your pics :P Well, your pics are all I have actually (because I'm waiting for the English version for my DS) Tell me if you're annoyed and I'll delete them. I hope this isn't irrelevant to the thread. It's still screenshots >_<
    I love how much cozier the HGSS versions make the colours ^_^

Um... and at this point the post preview tells me I can't link to any pics until I've posted 15 times...
    Well, I'm not going to spam the forum just so I can show you some pics :( Let's see if attachments work.
    Those are some really nice comparisons you put up. For Prof. Oak's laboratory in the first two images, they have made a vast improvement. I like how they made the room seem smaller, as it made it look like they took good use of the space. I also like the change in color they are starting to use. It makes the different areas seem more appealing to the players (or at least most).

As for outside of Red's house, such a small change in graphics, can make such a big difference in comparison. The way they updated the tiles is a plus, and the house definitely looks more like a two story home than before. For inside, I can definitely say the upstairs of Red's room has made the biggest change. They shifted his computer and books the opposite to before, and they made the room appear more modern. For the downstairs, all I can say is, "Hooray for big screen television." =D Seriously though, nice change, nothing too large but again the graphics and more modern look makes it appear much better than before in FRLG.

Sasuke.

Hope | Less
    Years
    Got my 10th Anniversary Mew. This is alot easier then having to run out to Toys R' Us. Sheesh.

Got him at Lv.5. He only knew pound. I dunno if all traded Pokemon level fast but god damn.
    The "booted" exp. Gets you alot.
    Edit: I was on Rt.13

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    I actully found a Moon Stone on my SS.
    Let me hunt down a Jigglypuff mmkay?

Traded one from Platinum.
    I'm suprized they let me threw. xD
    Didn't even catch Lugia yet.
    Wigglytuff was actually happy when I got him from the trade. Hm.

Mmm, Anything else?

I LOVE YOU. 83
    Thank you so much!

These games look so amazing... Eeep! I want it to be out now! 8(
    Wiggltuff's OW sprite looks a bit like a Rabbid, don't you think?

xX

Years
    Got my 10th Anniversary Mew. This is alot easier then having to run out to Toys R' Us. Sheesh.

Got him at Lv.5. He only knew pound. I dunno if all traded Pokemon level fast but god damn.
    The "booted" exp. Gets you alot.
    Edit: I was on Rt.13

*Homer drool*..........MEW! I never thought the day would come that Mew would be available to the masses. It's so nice to see people walking around prouldy with their Mew. I can't wait for mine (but I'll have to....at least 4 months :/)

I've said this countless times already, but again, the menus in this game are so NEAT!

And, while I'm thinking about it: When you use fly, is the map on the touch screen, like, can you tap a town on the map to fly there? D/P/Pt made you move the cursor with the arrow keys.....>_<

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
    [Big Pokemon Following Your Sprite]

now im officially scared of big pokemon following my sprite when i get SS;;

look how huge..O_O

Arcta

Shiny Champion - Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2010
    omg sick that pics just awesome i cant w8 for hg and ss!

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    I want SS to finally come out in English >_>
    This must have been told over a million times... I just adore that new feature when your pokemon can follow you around.

Back