• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    So the main site opened today. I am posting this thread to comment on all the pictures that have been put up and all. Sorry if this seems useless as some interesting stuff is shown
    Spoiler:

First is this lovely piece of art from the backround. The new gym is great and all. Also it seems every town and city has their own special asthetic to the PC and Mart. Lovely.
    Spoiler:
    Johto is fresh and new in many ways to explore!
    Spoiler:

All the characters are shown. Elm has such a nice lab. And the slowpokes have no tails. Oh well.

Spoiler:

Ho-oh and Lugia Appear!
    Spoiler:

Touch my menu baby.
    Spoiler:

So many fun places to explore with your Pokemon!
    And the site itself:
    https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/
    Again sorry if this is not needed

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Wow, just wow...

Some of the art is fantastic. This is making so much more anticipant of the game :L

-Tom

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Suppose this can be a discussion thread for the site for now (it is new and I'm sure people want to talk about it, given people's discussions on other forums on it), as well as discussion on the pictures and so forth revealed from it.

I do say, the background for the site is very nice, there.

Major points of interest - look at Goldenrod, and you'll notice a giant tower to the west side of it - it does appear to be past the Radio Tower (hence the 'path' one could see leading from it in the screenshot/video). I'll hazard a guess towards a GTS tower. Notice also the part above Cianwood.

(Yay the forums are up soon enough I migth as well update the new images and stuff into the info thread)

Years
    woah
    thanks for the link/info :)
    the females o/w sprite looks well cool!
    and i take it that the one you don't choose gets a marill
    i think the kimono girls dance theatre thingy looks amazing!
    it actually looks authentic, and it really sticks out compared to the other buildings
    i like the looks of the pokecenter/mart
    and despite the fact i can't understand a word of what this website says, I LOVE IT :D.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    This is amazing, the new gyms PC's and PM's are gonna rock. Aaaaaaaah I'm so exited. i can new areas on the map that look awesome. i think the map pretty much confirms Kanto because of how far it goes past new bark. This game rulezzzzz :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cer_tongue::cer_tongue::cer_tongue: The tower west of goldenrod does look interesting and it would seem appropriate for the GTS to be in goldenrod.

Last edited:
    Years
    New Girl sprite=Adorable, better than I thought. Like the Marill. Love the hat.
    Professor Elm sprite=So cute. <3 Cutest Prof. (IMO.)
    Cherrygrove Town=Gorgeous. Wish I lived there. XD
    All the screens=10000000000000000000000/10.
    Love the new lab, the Pokemon overworlds (especially Teddiursa. So cute!), Ruins of Alph, Slowpoke Well, battle with rival, New Bark town, all the screen shots, I love. The new tall grass is really nice.
    Mareep Sprite=Cuteness. I adore it. ^_^
    I really like how they incorporated more use of the touch screen. I also like how the trainer is actually wearing the bag instead of only showing the bag.
    Ho-Oh and Lugia in game images=Epic Win. They went all out. I love those! :D
    I like Silver's sprite and Gold's back sprite. So adorable. And Silver is smiling. :)
    The artwork for Ecruteak looks gorgeous. It's so beautiful.
    I also like the artwork for all of Johto. This game is very intriguing. I'm so excited over this game. (I've never been so excited over any other game in my entire life.)
    The dance theater looks so pretty. :D

Thank you so much for posting these images, Todoroki Is! Thank you!!! ^_^

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Great find, Does serebii even have this info yet? Anyways i love how the way they
    re did silver's tranier sprite. And also the new girl. Nice to see there showing here overworld now.

Yes. In fact, serebii had them before Todoroki posted them here, as I think PC was down or something. -_- Todoroki must have been waiting to post this thread =P

Now...this is a somewhat interesting speculation of sorts on the new Johto map:
    Spoiler:

The clouds in Platinum happened to had covered up the Battle Frontier - so now people are asking about the clouds there. TBH, I'm always a bit...'eh' on drawing on such things, but then there is the fact that in Crystal, there was a Battle Tower right where that cloud had been... hmm. Take it as you will, I suppose - but we do know of Goldenrod's new Tower and Cianwood's new area at least - not behinding behind clouds, those two.

Last edited:

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    One of the grunts in slowpoke well has green hair, dya' think this is important, maybe new ranks such as commanders or even more grunt sprites. i dont recall there being an admin in it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Apparently, there are now claims that after some translations, there is confirmation that both Ho-oh and Lugia can be found in each game. Might need a spot more confirmation however?

Vie

Years
    um..I might be wrong, but I think there was the possibility in the old ones to catch both too...or was it crystal? hm.

Back