• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Intro Video for HG/SSSeveral scenes from the game are then shown, such as the part with the autumn-colored trees. It was all Johto scenes - none from Kanto.
    Eheh sorry to change the subject, not sure if this has been spoken about, but when going into Kanto and saving do you think there will be scenes from Kanto when you are in Kanto?

And the surf sprite for the Red Gyrados battle appears to me like it's from D/P...

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I think DPPt's surf sprite was slightly bigger than that. But it does seem strange that even though we have a sprite for every single Pokemon we're still using the generic ugly Surf sprite. Do you think it'll be the same for Flying?

Years
    Is it really that big a deal? Isn't it enough for all the 493 Pokemon to follow you in this game? They are only able to work on this for so many years before working on the next gen. I honestly don't mind, because I don't want to see a Pokemon every second of this game. Plus, it would look weird surfing on a Furret. It would look disturbing.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    OMG can someone plleaasssee Temme(tell me) Where i can get HeatGold And SoulSilver!?!?!? PLEASE Well one of them..which ever is out or both please :(

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    OMG can someone plleaasssee Temme(tell me) Where i can get HeatGold And SoulSilver!?!?!? PLEASE Well one of them..which ever is out or both please :(

There is the info (and rules) thread stickied in this section, you know... at any rate, it states that neither game is out yet - they'll come out in Japan on the 12th of September 2009, and nobody knows when it'll come out anywhere else - the most likely outcome is sometime in the first half of 2010, though.

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
    dont know if any of this has been said so...

1:what will happen if magikarp is out the front of your party and what if you go on your bike?

2:i hope they rebuild the kanto region with more story and chinbar gym not blown to pieces!

3:it is odd how the pokedex on seribii.net goes to victreebell.

4:the pokewalker is like the best idea Nintendo has ever had with pokemon!

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    dont know if any of this has been said so...

1:what will happen if magikarp is out the front of your party and what if you go on your bike?

2:i hope they rebuild the kanto region with more story and chinbar gym not blown to pieces!

3:it is odd how the pokedex on seribii.net goes to victreebell.

4:the pokewalker is like the best idea Nintendo has ever had with pokemon!

1: I personally think that the Pokemon will be returned back to it's Pokeball, because I don't think it'll work otherwise.

2: I think basically everyone hopes that they build Kanto bigger, and better than they did before. After all they do have more space available.

3: *Doesn't know how to answer/say anything about it.*

4: Um, I'm not sure if it is the best thing, but it's probably one of the best. It does seem cool even if I decide not to use it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    o yea and i want team rocket to have a bigger part because in G/S/C they where pathetic.

Yeah they sorta were, they just had one grunt in Kanto and that was it. Well I guess they took their beating well. Hopefully TR will have an expanded plot in the remakes.

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2014
    i posted this in another thread but sorry if this has already been adressed but since the gyarados sprite in the video is red, does that mean that all pokemon sprites that follow you will have a shiney counterpart?

Nash Bandicoot

Dingodile use Flamethrower!
    Years
    i posted this in another thread but sorry if this has already been adressed but since the gyarados sprite in the video is red, does that mean that all pokemon sprites that follow you will have a shiney counterpart?

i think they will but in other games if you have a shiny pokemon it doesn't appear that way when you look at your team

Years
    Well, I thought the Kanto starters would be included, as when you get to Kanto and go to Pallet town Prof. Oak will give you a choice.
    Either that or, they'll use the people they did in Yellow to hand out them (Officer "jenny" in Vermillion for Squirtle, Friendship checker woman for Bulbasaur & something else for Charmander... i forgot).
    and then maybe have the Hoenn starters distributed around Kanto from various people?
    or they just expect us to transfer them from RSE/FRLG to DPPt and then trade them to HGSS

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    This should be in the speculation thread, a thread was made just like this a few months ago and was moved there. I think that we could get one of the Hoenn starters after getting all 16 badges from the room upstairs in Elms lab and that we could choose one of the Kanto starters from Oak in his lab in Pallet Town when we get to Pallet Town in the game.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
    I really want that games has those starters (because I'm playing with no$gba, I need real DS, I maybe buy it). Oak could give a choices Bulbasaur/Charmander/Squirtle and Hoenn starters could be somewhere when you have all badges and won Red.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    Choice of Music?

Wouldn't it be awesome if you could choose the music from under the options menu? For example, you could choose between the normal music, retro (taken from the original gold), orchestral, or even piano!
    Anyone else think its a good idea?

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Merged thread speculating on Starter Pokemon with the Speculation thread. Same for the speculation on whether you can shoose retro music or not.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Things that shouldn't be speculated thanks to new scans:
    Apricorns
    Kanto
    Levels of Legends
    New Gyms
    Pokegear has map radio and itemfinder possibly more so yeah
    Kimono Girls have a role.

Back