• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
  • Uh, I know this may have been posted like WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back, but is the game DSI exclusive?

there aren't any DSi exclusive games except the ones you download and they're not even proper games
    also, the "heartgold/soulsilver (DS)" section this is under makes it kinda obvious..

Years
  • I also Agree with PokeMaster1 I also think you should be able to obtain every Johto Starter throughout the story, like how you obtained the starters in Yellow version. Idk why I jsut do and I also think they should let your starter pokemon follow you inless you are in tall grass but when you are walking on the road it will be cool to see!!!

Years
  • I also Agree with PokeMaster1 I also think you should be able to obtain every Johto Starter throughout the story, like how you obtained the starters in Yellow version. Idk why I just do and I also think they should let your starter pokemon follow you unless you are in tall grass but when you are walking on the road it will be cool to see!!!

Any of the 493 Pokemon can follow you from Bulbasaur to Arceus. It has been confirmed. =)

I like your idea of being able to obtain all the Johto starters in the story. I don't think it would happen, but I still like the idea.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • It may actually. I really hate having to trade to get all starters.

Then again, maybe they enabled the same glitch that lets you clone Pokemon <3

Years
  • https://serebii.net/heartgoldsoulsilver/pics.shtml

Pre release screenshots galore. I noticed something interesting, how Chikorita is following Gold around. Maybe the starter Pokemon will be able to follow the hero around in it's basic stage, or all three of its stages.

Anyone else got any ideas about that?
    actually, i've heard that in hg/ss, you can make ur pokemon follow you around...all you have to do is put them in the first slot of your party...and not certain about it though..... GREEN DAY FTW

oske

>:D
    Years
  • actually, i've heard that in hg/ss, you can make ur pokemon follow you around...all you have to do is put them in the first slot of your party...and not certain about it though..... GREEN DAY FTW

Old news is old.

I think Nintendo will continue to support Wi-Fi events, in HeartGold/SoulSilver I can see them adding lots more.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I agree, and I hope they do. It'd be nice for us to be able to download more events off of wifi. I just wish that we could hold more than 3 Wondercards, I like to soft-reset for good events x:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Originally Posted by Giygas 00 HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation
    Uh, I know this may have been posted like WAAAAAAAAAAAAY back, but is the game DSI exclusive?
    there aren't any DSi exclusive games except the ones you download and they're not even proper games
    also, the "heartgold/soulsilver (DS)" section this is under makes it kinda obvious..
    Come on man, take a look at sticky threads before you post in a forum. It makes a Mod's life much easier.

Those 2 guys summed it up

*facepalm*

There are NO DSi exclusive games >>

Its not like its a next-gen console, its the same as Gameboy Advance and Gameboy Advance SP >> Look at other threads next time

Anyway, How much do you guys think Mt.Silver will change?

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    I just feel this game is gonna suck there going to do somthing really bad i hate remakes that add stuff its not a remake if its upgraded fire red is a prime example

For the umpteenth time, they aren't remakes.
    That's why they're called HEART Gold and SOUL Silver.
    If they were exact remakes, the would be on the GBC and be called Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver.

Just throwing my two cents in.

-Tator

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • For the umpteenth time, they aren't remakes.
    If they were exact remakes, the would be on the GBC and be called Pokemon Gold and Pokemon Silver.

-Tator

That makes absolutely no sense...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    He means that its not just a re-release but a revamped remake.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I remembered that in Kanto most cities/towns use the Vidirian City Music as BGM...
    I hope this won't be appearing in HGSS again...
    I mean, come on! Cinnabar, Cerulean had their own music theme...

Years
  • I'm surprised at how they kept a lot of the music the same. Oak & Mary's talk show, battle themes, Pokemon center, the encounter trainer theme, Team Rocket encounter theme, the music that plays in the gyms. Just wow. It's very nostalgic. I wonder how the Kanto gym battles will sound.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • For the umpteenth time, they aren't remakes.

-Tator
    That would be a port. Not a remake. They're two completely different things. Something like the Virtual Console games on the Wii are ports, which are completely the same as the original (minus a few buttom changes and such). FrLg are remakes, meaning the same game but completely remade. See the difference?

Anyways, I hope keep the unique theme music for each town too. I don't know if Cinnibar will, though, since if it still has the whole volcano eruption thing, there isn't too much of a reason to go there.

KingAlex

._.
    Years
  • Oh my gawd. Hey look at this.
    We could have found out that this game was coming WAY before! (By hacking)

It says that the data in D/P/Pt has at Johto location! :nervous: (Although, it was well hidden!)

Last edited:

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
  • Oh my gawd. Hey look at this.
    We could have found out that this game was coming WAY before! (By hacking)

It says that the data in D/P/Pt has at Johto location! :nervous: (Although, it was well hidden!)

Yes........This was known a very long time ago. It was one of the arguments people used to debate the possibily of the remakes before they were announced.

MewMewXX

|| Tohru || Pokemon ||
    Years
  • I'd like to have a portable PC. Then you could access all your Pokemon anywhere, without having to treck all the way to a Pokemon Center. This would be great while you're trying to level up! XD
    Oh, and as a slightly more girly point, I'd love to be able to design the main character myself! You'd be able to choose their hair colour, style, personality, oufit...! XXXXD

espa_roba11

I'm gay, yay!
    Years
  • I'd like to have a portable PC. Then you could access all your Pokemon anywhere, without having to treck all the way to a Pokemon Center. This would be great while you're trying to level up! XD
    Oh, and as a slightly more girly point, I'd love to be able to design the main character myself! You'd be able to choose their hair colour, style, personality, oufit...! XXXXD

Thank goodness for romhacking then. :3

I was on game FAQs this one post, I'll just talk aobut abit of it here since it's speculation.

People are talking aobut the posiblity of Looker being in HG/SS. It would kinda be good to me, just becuase I liked his theme music so much and honestly, he's just plain awesome. I enjoyed in the anime when he was fist fighting the galactics, lol.

Back