• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    I hope not.
    Lets face it the game needs Poke flute station.
    And there is no way they could remove The Lucky Number show or Buena's (SP?) show.

.hack

skunkape
    Years
    You could possibly find some in Kanto or the Sevi islands if they are included. Most probably Hoenn pokes.

Sevii islands suck, I hope they're not in the game.
    I would be better if they added the Orange Islands to the game as a third area with Hoenn + Sinnoh pokes if needed. Orange Islands would fit well.....

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
    I think a new area will appear north of cerulean cape or west of the new safari zone as around there has potential for that

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I think a new area will appear north of cerulean cape or west of the new safari zone as around there has potential for that
    That's a dream based on a rumor just like the rumor of Mew and the truck. There will never be anything like Bill's garden unless for hacks of course. And the Safari zone is already west from that island, if there was anything else it'd be something that'd just lead to it. Don't expect too much from there.

Years
    Lol meganium 14 must not know to much or didn't play the old ones.
    I don't think they're gonna add a new town because that would be weird, for a remake.

meganium14

ROFL
    Years
    i played the old games all the time crystal is better in my opinion. but kanto gets kinda boring there is no safari zone or any new challenge. you cant get the birds. in C/S/G kanto goes by kinda fast jhoto took longer and was better. kanto was good but fast to go through. oh and it was too easy the trianers of kanto and jhoto where to under level. they should make it harder. i just hope i can get herracross in soul silver.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    wow o.o
    any way i really want a new area around this time like after the e4 becouse after the e4 it gets boring

Looking back at a few reviews on the game and released information, you will notice that new areas have been implemented into the game. In the original, throughout Kanto it was a bit dull and small for the game. Not much is known about the remake of Kanto again, but looking back once more at what was collected a few things does seem to have been altered slightly and the storyling involving Suicune has seemed to have been extended a bit further into the region unlike in the original Crystal Version.

errrrrr..... Kanto?......:)

Kanto was never a new area in the game, as it was included before in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal. So, this wouldn't be included as a new area if that is what you may have had in mind, but instead a returning region with a bit of difference from before. However, we'll see what happens next after the main plot of the game unravels for the player.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    Kanto was never a new area in the game, as it was included before in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal. So, this wouldn't be included as a new area if that is what you may have had in mind, but instead a returning region with a bit of difference from before. However, we'll see what happens next after the main plot of the game unravels for the player.
    The guy commented the other one who said there's nothing to do after the E4 with a short, non explained answer that says Kanto is the thing to do. He didn't ask about it.

Anyways, for the guy who asked what we'd do after the E4 (in GSC/HGSS's case, after red), you really didn't have much to do. Of course it'll all be extended now, and you'll probably have both more side quests and more permanent things to do (mystery gift thing house+BF+a lot of other random stuff, maybe underground, etc...), and of course the Safari zone. You might expect the new gimmick of re-battling gym leaders and E4 (maybe even Red, who knows) coming back.

meganium14

ROFL
    Years
    also why wouldnt they remake crystal as if its all about silver and gold. and they should make a second like runthrough of the e4. like i after you get the national dex they should give trainers and the e4 new pokemon and at higher levels.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    also why wouldnt they remake crystal as if its all about silver and gold. and they should make a second like runthrough of the e4. like i after you get the national dex they should give trainers and the e4 new pokemon and at higher levels.

Because Crystal was a remake, with added features. It is assumed that these features (and many from the newer generations like R/S/E/FR/LG, and D/P/Pt will be implemented, making a REMAKE of a remake that has already been REMADE seems rather pointless.

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    I think that it would be in Nintendo's best intrest to listen to the players and have like a voting for a new area, of course this ties into my Hopes that Nintendo would Take advantage of WiFi and make updates for the game.

iwuzhere9

Ye Olde Doofus
    Years
    I mean, it SOUNDS good, but the execution sounds horribly difficult to pull off. Also, there are probably (maybe?) a good amount of people who never use Wi-Fi for their copy of Pokemon (me, for the most part, aside from playing around when I first got it)

CrashmanX

Mechamon
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Mar 22, 2016
    I mean, it SOUNDS good, but the execution sounds horribly difficult to pull off. Also, there are probably (maybe?) a good amount of people who never use Wi-Fi for their copy of Pokemon (me, for the most part, aside from playing around when I first got it)

Pulling it off would be as difficult as pulling of Brother Band updates from MMSF1-3, its not really difficult you make a script to check the game and the online data base to compare the versions and update it if necessary. Also for those who don't use the internet it sucks for them just like with most other games anymore where Internet access is required. But again this is only hoping/speculating that Nintendo would do it with this as they do Firmware updates with the DSi.

Back