• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I really want the Pokegear because it gives us that "essence" of Gold/Silver and Crystal. Back when it was released, the Pokegear was one of those things that revolusionised the games because they made a succesful way to contact other trainers, manage your money and re-battle trainers all in one. Not releasing the Pokegear will be like not having Poketch in Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and Platinum.

I think that Apricons should also be put in the game, for mostly the reasons above and also because it seems simple enough to add into the game. Heck, if they had the knowledge, I bet some of our skilled hackers will be able to add it.

The TM/HMs should essentially be the same as the 4th generation just to keep with the modern effect. If they completley re-make Gold and Silver to perfection then it will essentially just be the game but with newer graphics which, lets face it, is boring. Newer additions such as the TM/HM numbers and the Wifi system will give Heart Gold and Soul Silver an element of a changed, possibly better, game.

Last edited:

AJ™

ANGRY FAIC!!!
    Years
    o____________o;
    *Is staring at the double content thread above*

I think you double post merged the post!

But, if there aren't Apricorns, I will be VERY ANGRY!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Would you think there is anyway to possibly out both Apricorns and Berries in the game perhaps?

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    what i cant wait for is being able to run in the game cause walking is slow and annoying

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Oh yes, I remember the only way you could go fast is with the bike. I highly doubt they will leave out run as well.

Years
    They aren't going to take out any functions like that. Seriously, they went from running outside-only to running in buildings and PokéCenters. It's idiotic to leave out a feature like that.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they had to take out any finctions it would be something that would not be needed in that game that might have been needed in another.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    But if there's VS Seeker then that means we couldn't have the NPC trainers' cell phone no.
    I think the new Pokegear will be more similar to Pokenav than Poketch

Talk about Kurt's Pokeball...
    I think some several berries will replace those appricorns...

On HM and TMs:
    I think HM05 will be change into Whirlpool,
    HM08 will be drop out just like in FR/LG,
    and the current HM06 Rock Smash, will still remain like that...

HM08 was in FRLG, it was just unobtainable within normal reasons. Plus, don't you dare replace my apricorns!!! I had so many... until my clock died on Crystal.

I hope that the PokeGear will be a combination of PokeNAV and PokeTCH.

The dumbest idea ever: Biking in buildings. Seriously, biking in your house. Also, I want the house to look normal!

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    HM08 was in FRLG, it was just unobtainable within normal reasons. Plus, don't you dare replace my apricorns!!! I had so many... until my clock died on Crystal.

I hope that the PokeGear will be a combination of PokeNAV and PokeTCH.

The dumbest idea ever: Biking in buildings. Seriously, biking in your house. Also, I want the house to look normal!
    Personally, the Pokegear being a combination of both is precisley what I want to avoid. The reason being that it takes away the essence of Johto if you put additions from Hoenn and Sinnoh.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I prefer they make the PokéGear its own creation rather than a combo of two previos Gen. devices.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I don't mean entirely... I just want to avoid every part, especially Contests, but some parts (such as Trainer Finder) I want.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I don't mean entirely... I just want to avoid every part, especially Contests, but some parts (such as Trainer Finder) I want.
    Won't it be better if they made it as an original concept just for Johto? If you keep implementing ideas from other regions, then Johto won't be Johto. That's why we need original ideas from the original games, not ideas from other games.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Won't it be better if they made it as an original concept just for Johto? If you keep implementing ideas from other regions, then Johto won't be Johto. That's why we need original ideas from the original games, not ideas from other games.

Exactly. Now, for example, when they made the RBY games over again, they stuck to the originals as much as possible, with only a few new tweaks and add-ons, but no less they game stuck it out like the originals. Now, if we keep implimenting new things all the time, it could possibly create the Johto to be something it wasn't.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    i hope they have the safari zone open at least this time because they could add more pokemon then

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    If they add the Sevii Islands, then just maybe, they can create a storyline where the owner of the Safari Zone returns and reopens the Safari with new Pokémon from the 3rd and 4th Gen.

^ Someone on PC recommended that idea, and I'm not sure who, but I give credit to that person.

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Does anyone know if the game is going to be Johto AND Kanto again, like in the original? Becuase if not then Johto will become increasingly harder, the game was very fast paced to rush through Johto and Kanto.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Does anyone know if the game is going to be Johto AND Kanto again, like in the original? Becuase if not then Johto will become increasingly harder, the game was very fast paced to rush through Johto and Kanto.

It's unsure of, but people most likely think it'll be so. Also, it was very fast paced because like said before, things were very underleved, making it increasingly easier compared to the other games like RSE, DPPt, and so on.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
    I don't think Kanto is something they can remove and rightfully call this a remake. Exploring both regions is something unique to GSC.

Back