• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • The hard part about victory road, I suppose, was the getting-up-to-there due to the trainers who had to battle (and even then they weren't really hard). And maybe the battle with the rival right at the end as well - but otherwise it was really simple, with only the one trainer there. (Kinda felt awesome though to get to the end having seen nobody in the whole place, only for your rival to show up XD NEVERTHELESS some challenge this time around pls kthxbye).

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The Victory Road should be bigger, and same with the Dragon's Den. ANd make it on top this time and not 20 metres into the ground. Ja. I also want the Dratini with ExtremeSpeed... which I did obtain.

Also, if the Sevii Isles were in this game (never expected it to be this big), then we'd be able to catch 2 Lugia and 2 Ho-oh... and only 1 Celebi... do they still have the house without a warp?

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
    Years
  • i think that there will be pokemon accepted to follow you and some not like in the amity square, and i have a slight feeling that shiny's will be displayed in shiny form when folowing you ( look at the pre release pictures to the pikachu colored pichu, since a pikachu colored pichu is a shiny pichu ) or this would just be because of an event cause i think that there was a shiny pichu event released not so long ago, but i really think it rocks, i always wanted a pokemon to follow my character and a remake of gold/silver cause i think they where the best pokemon games ever made ( also my first pokemon game ever, i even like playing the old ones now just because i think the johto rocks! ) well i hope every pokemon can follow you, cause then i would like my umbreon to follow me :p

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm sure only a few pokemon will be able to follow you. It would only make sense because then people would be walking with things like Mew, Entei, etc.

I personally wouldn't mind if you could only select a few rather than taking advantage of it and let a legendary follow you. Although it would be cool if that could happen.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    What if you were walking with Wailord?

That would be pretty weird as well. I highly doubt they will allow every pokemon to walk with you. I mean imagine a Gyrados walking with you. It'd be pretty awkward.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Also, if the Sevii Isles were in this game (never expected it to be this big), then we'd be able to catch 2 Lugia and 2 Ho-oh... and only 1 Celebi... do they still have the house without a warp?
    Doubt it - again, the Lugia and Ho-oh were event-only Pokemon on the Sevii Islands, which hadn't been in GSC (hence no need for them to keep everything the same as it had been in FR/LG, which is three years before the events of GSC occured - assuming the Sevii Islands were in, of course). Seeing as in HG/SS Ho-oh and Lugia would be readily available, it doesn't make much sense to have an event for them in which you can catch another one within the same game. =/

And Celebi also isn't a given - more than likely would be an Event Pokemon though, IMO, given its history as being an event-only Pokmeon. (And event Pokemon are here to stay! Not that it's necessarily a good thing. -_-). And probably it'd be involving the Ilex Forest too, I'd imagine.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I doubt finding Celebi in the Sevii Islands will happen, more than likely it'll be placed as an event. With what was stated about the Lugia/Ho-Oh statement, it was basically explained in the post above.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    We already have the Ilex Forest confirmed. What if Johto was taken out of HGSS?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ What do you mean by no Johto in the HGSS? I mean, it is a Gold Silver remake, which is of the Johto. Plus, we've already seen New Bark Town with others as well. Unless, you mean something else perhaps?...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I was wondering, what do you guys think will happen to the headbutt trees? It would be great to see that they're still there. However, I wouldn't mind if they didn't add it again.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Would you think there is anyway to possibly out both Apricorns and Berries in the game perhaps?

But I hadn't heard that there are Apricorns' data found in DPP Roms...
    There are also no existence of the "old" costume Pokeballs(Love Ball, Lure Ball etc...),
    Unless if you count the Pokeballs that are introduced in 3rd, 4th-gen(which will be most likely the situation)....
    I wouldn't really like if Nintendo's gonna do that... I personally think that Lure Ball=/=Net Ball... That would make less more "GSC-feel", if they do that...
    Anyway that's what I just think...

I was wondering, what do you guys think will happen to the headbutt trees? It would be great to see that they're still there. However, I wouldn't mind if they didn't add it again.
    I was thinking this thing too!
    It better not to be Honey Tress, just like on DPP...
    Or else I'll write a complain letter to Nintendo... lol
    just kidding...

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I actually wouldn't mind if they replace it for honey trees. If they could put it where they both are in the game, that would be pretty cool. For instance, after the Elite Four you find honey trees in the Kanto part of the game. That is if there is a Kanto part in the game though.

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
  • I was thinking this thing too!
    It better not to be Honey Tress, just like on DPP...
    Or else I'll write a complain letter to Nintendo... lol
    just kidding...

I wont be kidding tho :P

Would you think there is anyway to possibly out both Apricorns and Berries in the game perhaps

Or just make the balls purchase-able at the marts like in DPP.Waiting a day to get balls was dumb. Like Honey trees.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    We haven't seen any honey trees as yet, so it is kind of hard to say. I wouldn't be surprised if they had it in, and I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't in. I mean the headbutt trees are a lot better as you do not have to wait, and it wouldn't have any interferemce with DPPt, I would think.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I think it would be stupid having a GSC- remake without Kanto, I mean, remakes are supposed to be better than the original, not worse (I'm not saying GS was bad, you get my point)! And besides, Indigo Plateu and the entrace to mount Silver are both in Kanto, right? And the White Rock, oh don't you dare forgettin' the White friggen Rock!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hopefully this time they'll fix that and add in a league to Kanto. It'll only seem right to me.

Back