• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
  • They wouldn't. I don't want them there. It would spoil it. Make it too easy. I don't want them there.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I highly doubt there will be Sinnoh legendaries in Johto and presumely Kanto. The only new legendary that comes to mind that wasn't in G/S but could be added is Celebi, but even thats uncomfirmed. Justn dont get your hopes up. :\

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Could this be real?

- September 2009 / 4800 Yen
    - Pre-Order bonus is mini Pokemon figurines (3 types)
    - "Poke Walk" steps counter will be included with the game
    (choose and save one pokemon data in your Poke Walk
    you can ??????? when you don't play the game in your DS)
    Go here:
    https://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=84773
    Which then you can go to neogaf to find the post.

I hope so as a lot of things are interesting. Take note that this is a rumor.

Well it was already rumored that the game would be released in September of 2009, but it really isn't confirmed as yet. The figurines seem possible, and I wouldn't doubt if they did have something like that available when peolpe pre-order the game. Either this or a new Lugia and Ho-Oh figurine that is. As for the Step Counter feature from DPPt's Poké'tch, I'm not going to comment on this as yet. I'd rather have more information that rather jumping to conclusions on this. Pretty probably rumors though, but still, we'd just have to really wait ater down the road to hear these few things be confirmed.

As for Suicune, no, really this is a Gold and Silver remake, not Crystal. So, why take the story of Crystal and add it into the original games that had nothing to do with it. It really wouln't make much sense to do that in my opinion. I mean they never took any storyline out of Yellow and contribute it to FireRed and LeafGreen, but this is just a basic reference to back up my point in this. We'll see what happens though, only time will honestly tell.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Like said above, I wouldn't get your hopes up for this. It really isn't a needed addition to have the newer generation legendaries added into the remake. I mean, DPPt are still fairly new games and almost everyone has it and has gotten the legendaries for that game. I would say they'd keep it in DPPt, but leave it out of HeartGold and SoulSilver. The basic legendaries that may need to be included are Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, and the three Legendary Beasts. All of these originate from Johto and belong in Johto. Seeing as Kanto may be included, then Mewtwo and Mew could be included, but having Mew as another event like they could do with Celebi as well. As for the three legendary birds, Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, they might not be included either as they were brought into Platinum for us to capture. Platinum basically covered every new generation Pokémon needed, so HeartGold and SoulSilver will just need to cover it up for their region and not Sinnoh.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Why are people asking the dumbest of questions...?

Obviously, there are going to be no Sinnoh Legends -_-'

Impossible:
    Johto and Sinnoh storyline happen at the same time, so while Lucas is fighting Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, Gold is battling Ho-Oh/Lugia. What I mean is that, based on scintific facts, one being can't be in two places at the same time. They won't be in Kanto, even if they remake it in 2 generations, because Kanto happened 3 years before Sinnoh.

Denzer

Why so serious?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2013
    Bug Catching Contest?

Do you think it'll come back? I hope it does. And when you get the national dex rarer bugs come out like Vespiquen and Scizor. It'll be awesome!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    It'll definitely come back. I'm not sure if they'll include post-Elite Four additions, but that'd be pretty cool.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged thread on the bug-catching comp here, as it comes under speculation.

I think it'd come back... wonder though if both it and the Safari zone would be in it though this time around.

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
  • Could this be real?

- September 2009 / 4800 Yen
    - Pre-Order bonus is mini Pokemon figurines (3 types)
    - "Poke Walk" steps counter will be included with the game
    (choose and save one pokemon data in your Poke Walk
    you can ??????? when you don't play the game in your DS)
    Go here:
    https://gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=84773
    Which then you can go to neogaf to find the post.

I hope so as a lot of things are interesting. Take note that this is a rumor.

Sounds interesting! The pedometer inclusion I think is definitely possible, seeing as all the recent pokemon games are trying to promote healthy living (I presume thats not just the american/european translation that yammers on about how riding a bike is really good for you), and if alot of you who are old enough to remember back when Gold and Silver were new, there was a seperate product called Pokemon Pikachu 2/Colour which had an infrared port on the top so you can exchange your points gained by walking for ingame prizes with the top prize being a rare candy I believe.

I miss my Pokemon Pikachu Colour =(

blueblur155

Proud American Citizen
    Years
  • i wonder if (most likely in soulsilver) nintendo will make getting ho-oh the same way that you had to in crystal (catch entei, suicune, and raikou and then finally be able to enter the tin tower) or like how they did it in G/S (get one wing earlier in the game and get the other one in pewter city).

also, what other kinds of wifi extras do u think they'll add to the games

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    i wonder if (most likely in soulsilver) nintendo will make getting ho-oh the same way that you had to in crystal (catch entei, suicune, and raikou and then finally be able to enter the tin tower) or like how they did it in G/S (get one wing earlier in the game and get the other one in pewter city).

You know, I'd rather be able to achieve the wings over having to locate the three legendary beasts and catch them. The reason I say is because there is a good possibility that they can enveil a plot around the wings just to give the game something extra. It'll also be a plus for us in Kanto with the Silver Wing [if held with a plot] because Kanto was pretty boring and could use the excitement.

For the Wi-fi extras, there are a lot of possibilities. I was actually thinking of this recently, and besides having Wi-Fi Battles and Trades, they could possibly add in a HeartGold and SoulSilver Wi-Fi Plaza like what we gained in Platinum. Of course, there may also be a few Wi-Fi events as Nintendo sure has been starting to take use of it as well. Wi-Fi and Pokémon Remakes can add in a lot together, it just all depends on what the game designers choose to do with it and if they are able to accomplish it as well.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • i wonder if (most likely in soulsilver) nintendo will make getting ho-oh the same way that you had to in crystal (catch entei, suicune, and raikou and then finally be able to enter the tin tower) or like how they did it in G/S (get one wing earlier in the game and get the other one in pewter city).

I would like it if they made a tournament to get the rainbow wing (is that correct for Ho-Oh?), like, maybe make it that a person says, you should go to Pewter gym because there is a tournament to get a rare item. That would be good. Last person would hopefully be Red, or Brock. That would be good, or make a plot involving the legendary beasts. Either one is good.

Years
  • I think you should be able to obtain every Johto Starter throughout the story, like how you obtained the starters in Yellow version.

They should also provide some background story on the Battle Tower, and have like before you beat the E4 it's under construction, but after the E4 it's finished.

That's a good idea actually. It would add more depth to the universe.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'm interested in the legendary beast getting a bigger role, plus the Battle Tower should be in it.

Getting the 3 Johto starters throughout the game is a good idea.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • I'm interested in the legendary beast getting a bigger role, plus the Battle Tower should be in it.

Getting the 3 Johto starters throughout the game is a good idea.

Yeah, i wanna see more plot involving the legendary beasts instead of see them and catch them that is so lame.

I donno about the 3 Johto starters spread around Johto though, i don't see Nintendo doing that. They only ever did it for Yellow i believe.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, and the reason why they did it for Yellow is because we had to start off with Pikachu. For those who didn't have Red or Blue, were given the oppotunity to still get the starters within Yellow itself. Seeing as this isn't the case in HeartGold and SoulSilver though, I wouldn't expect it too much. Though, if they did decide on implementing it, then it'll sure be a lot easier than having to either trade for the other starters or restarting the game as well. As for the Legendary Beasts, it's a mystery on what tehy may do with them, but my best guess is that it'll remain loose within the wild like how it was before in the originals. The only problem I had with them beins loose so early though is that when I did end up encountering them, I might not have been ready and then it can simply escape [Hopefully this won't be the case though]. If they are kept loose in Johto again, it'll be nice for them to change the encounter music like how they did it with Mesprit in DPPt.

Back