• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Mitchman

Banned
Years
  • I would whole heartily say I approve of a frontier and on the Sevii Islands too. I mean 3 years passed. They became the pinnacle of awesome epic vacations and battles. What better way then to migrate the pinnacle of epic in battles then there?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I have heard the inverse about the Sevii Islands.

I have actually heard that you can visit Birth Island, so...

Hopefully 'tis true.

Back to the Battle Tower Topic - I have heard that there will be a new Battle Frontier. It would be a great idea, and could make up for the lack of Frontiers for Kanto and Johto.

Interesting, can we have these specific sources where you heard o read about this? I don't know how it could be said as yet as we've only gotten so little information as of right now. Though, the days are moving fast and more information should be released soon enough, this month. Though, really if we could visit Birth Island, then I would presume it to be through a new event for mew, as they more than likely won't give away such a valuable Pokémon for free, same with Celebi. As for the Battle Frontier, I'd really like to know where you got this from, as I've heard nothing yet on this factor. Anyway, I prefer Sevii Islands, as they can be of good use to the games. Plus, the Sevii Islands could include more beneficial features for the game afterwards and definitely be utilized for GameFreak to take full advantage of. The same goes for Kanto too, as it should not be shrinked again.

jakeandhissuperdogsam!!

Pokemon Master
    Years
  • Fame Checker!!

Talking about the Fame Checker: What characters do you want in?

The Fame Checker should definately be back, with these people:

Professor Elm
    Silver
    Gold/Soul depending on your character
    All the Johto Gym Leaders
    The Johto Elite Four
    Mr Pokemon
    The Sprout Tower Guy
    Rocket Executive
    Mask of Ice (if hes in the games)
    Bill

Then, after the defeat of the Elite Four, someone should upgrade it, so you can choose JOHTO or KANTO Modes. In Kanto Mode:

Professor Oak
    Mr Fuji
    The Kanto Leaders
    The Kanto Elite Four (if they make an appearance, which I think they should- no-one knows what happened to Lorelei & Agatha)
    Some other Kanto Celebrities.

Anyone who makes a cameo appearance should deffo be in here too!

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
    Years
  • Maybe the trainers will say that the only man who knew the way to the Sevii Islands, got lost at sea.

As for the Gastrodon/Shellos, idea, I believe it will be included in HG/SS. Seeing as they vary from region to region, I could see one in Johto and one in Kanto.

I wonder if we'll be allowed to the Daycare to talk to the Pokemon we left there again or if they'll close it off. (Last time you were able to walk up to your Pokemon's sprite.)

as for the sevii islands, they could say that the boat is'nt there at the moment and so ...

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I agree with the rest of you. I would want to see the Fame Checker come back because it always came in handy. There might be new characters in HG and SS too so we might need to know the characters background details and so on. :D

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • I think the FPV when entering a forest/cave/important building should return, I did like that touch in FR/LG. The fame checker was pretty sweet too, was nice to read up on certain characters. As for the pokedex I hated it in FR/LG, I dunno just seemed annoying to me, I'd rather it be like it is in D/P/Pl for HG/SS.

Years
  • It was a rumor posted on Pokémon Epiphany. Yes, a rumor. I'm just throwing out these speculations, here.

But I find it highly probable that they will feature Mew, Deoxys, and Celebi as Events in the games. I'm neutral towards the Battle Frontier, since it could go either way.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thread on FR/LG features and whether they would be in the GS remakes merged here, as they come under speculation. This thread can discuss this, anyhow.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Having the Fame Checker back in HeartGold and SoulSilver will definitely be nice to have back. It was too bad it didn't appear in DPPt, but a man can live without it I guess. Anyway, it'll definitely be a plus as for one you get to see their sprites like someone said above, I believe. Not only that, but beackground history is told once more again. Maybe this time, their background and facts about them will be a little more detailed for some. I do think it has a good possibility though. It even makes a great deal of sense for either Gold or the new female [whichever plays the supporting role for you] to give it to us either randomly or for doing something beneficial.

It was a rumor posted on Pokémon Epiphany. Yes, a rumor. I'm just throwing out these speculations, here.

But I find it highly probable that they will feature Mew, Deoxys, and Celebi as Events in the games. I'm neutral towards the Battle Frontier, since it could go either way.
    It's highly possible that Celebi will make an appearance, not Deoxys or Mew. There's no proof of them, but we have the Shrine that activates Celebi's event.
    -It's more likely to Battle Frontier to appear than Deoxys and Mew having events in the game.

Years
  • What would be nice is if they had Mew obtainable in this game. You could get a special item via Mystery gift via wifi, so it can appear in Cerulean Cave or in a meadow or something.

I really hope I can get a Celebi in-game for once. I hate when Nintendo deprives us of certain Pokemon and makes us go to an event to get it. (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus...etc.)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • What would be nice is if they had Mew obtainable in this game. You could get a special item via Mystery gift via wifi, so it can appear in Cerulean Cave or in a meadow or something.

I really hope I can get a Celebi in-game for once. I hate when Nintendo deprives us of certain Pokemon and makes us go to an event to get it. (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Arceus...etc.)
    Those Pokemon are event-only thus far, so I'd imagine that if they were in the game, it would be via events only as well, possibly via WiFi. It just nets them good advertising and side profits and so forth - they're not about to stop events, I don't believe.

Either way, what events do appear can't be known until official information is given out. The exception is possibly Celebi which is thought to be more likely, considering the shrine and that there was an event for it in GSC. And that it's the 2nd generation's event Pokemon as well.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I think the FPV when entering a forest/cave/important building should return, I did like that touch in FR/LG. The fame checker was pretty sweet too, was nice to read up on certain characters. As for the pokedex I hated it in FR/LG, I dunno just seemed annoying to me, I'd rather it be like it is in D/P/Pl for HG/SS.
    The FPV has returned as we know an example with sprout tower and epic ninja ratatta's inhabiting it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Maybe the trainers will say that the only man who knew the way to the Sevii Islands, got lost at sea.

As for the Gastrodon/Shellos, idea, I believe it will be included in HG/SS. Seeing as they vary from region to region, I could see one in Johto and one in Kanto.

I wonder if we'll be allowed to the Daycare to talk to the Pokemon we left there again or if they'll close it off. (Last time you were able to walk up to your Pokemon's sprite.)
    Hahaha~ Yeah something like that. I won't mind if Sevii were not included in Hg/Ss. I mean they don't have any real purpose...

I'm kinda looking forward of it. I wonder what color are they... I wish there's a green Shellos.

Hopefully 'tis true.

Back to the Battle Tower Topic - I have heard that there will be a new Battle Frontier. It would be a great idea, and could make up for the lack of Frontiers for Kanto and Johto.
    Birth Island? So Game Freak/Nintendo's just giving them(event legendaries) away like that?

But since Platinum had them, so there's not a huge possibility that the Frontier'll reappear.

Those Pokemon are event-only thus far, so I'd imagine that if they were in the game, it would be via events only as well, possibly via WiFi. It just nets them good advertising and side profits and so forth - they're not about to stop events, I don't believe.

Either way, what events do appear can't be known until official information is given out. The exception is possibly Celebi which is thought to be more likely, considering the shrine and that there was an event for it in GSC. And that it's the 2nd generation's event Pokemon as well.
    Finally a Celebi that matches the OT and IDNo.!!
    Hopefully it'll be a Wi-Fi event, if they're gonna make the event.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Uh thanks we knew this for a while. Not to sound mean but do people search before posting or is there no more decency and proper usage of forums anymore?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, if Celebi is held through an event dealing with the GS Ball, then Celebi's OT will definitely be you, the player. I think this is pretty decent as a lot of Pokémon we get through Wi-Fi are never ours, but TRU or something else. They'll definitely not stop events like said, as it beings in income for the company and promotes others to buy the games if they really want that event Pokémon. Not to mention, a Pokémon like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, and even Shaymin won't be freely given so easily by Game Freak or Nintendo.

If they include the Sevii Islands, then so be it, but it shouldn't remain empty. I thought about it, and since what happened in FRLG is 3 years before Johto, then the plot with Team Rocket on the islands were already completed. So, either it'll be there, but empty, it'll be there with a new plot, or it won't be in at all. Whichever they choose I don't mind, because my main place they should keep together is Johto and Kanto. These two places made the Johto what they are and shouldn't be altered to me.

Years
  • I would much rather have an improved plot in Kanto rather than the Sevii Islands. Kanto had little plot except for the Magnet Train dilemma. They could add more to the story to give us something to do rather than send us to the Islands. Maybe they can add a plot in Celadon and Fuchsia City. For example, we might have to save Erika from the Biker gang. Or they could have a plot involving the underground. The sign can say "off limits," but if we find a key in Celadon, we can open the door and find out what's going on down there. It can be Team Rocket's lair and they can be talking about what they plan on doing with the Magnet Train.

Last edited:

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I would much rather have an improved plot in Kanto rather than the Sevii Islands. Kanto had little plot except for the Magnet Train dilemma. They could add more to the story to give us something to do rather than send us to the Islands. Maybe they can add a plot in Celadon and Fuchsia City. For example, we might have to save Erika from the Biker gang. Or they could have a plot involving the underground. The sign can say "off limits," but if we find a key in Celadon, we can open the door and find out what's going on down there. It can be Team Rocket's lair and they can be talking about what they plan on doing with the Magnet Train.
    I would be angry if they didn't put Kanto in and put the Sevii Islands. An improved Kanto storyline would be nice.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022

Hopefully 'tis true.

You seem to hear a lot of things. You can't put faith in every rumor you hear on the Internet...

Back on topic - there will be a PokeMart theme (if it wasn't obvious enough, no offense), and if the Sevii Islands were in, then Kanto would most definitely be in. Most likely Kanto will be in either way, but the Sevii Islands will not.

Back