• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Wow, that's sad. Just sad. If someone thought that was real..... woah

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I hope you can battle while traveling in the train just as the SS Aqua.

Edit:
    WTF, found this on 2chan...
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Truth, fake?
    I don't want to. The point of the Train was to be quick and easy transport from one side to the other since you can't Fly from Johto to Kanto or vice-versa. Making you battle trainers on a long journey would take forever and take away the purpose, and make the quickest way back and forth having to go through Route 27 and the E4 building.

As for the sprite, yeah, fake as others stated, but the screenshot doesn't really mean anything anyway. Yeah, you battle Claire... wasn't that already pretty mush assumed to happen?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    It would be weird to have a huge pokemon following you though
    You're talking about sense being made in a game where you can catch the god of the world in an itty-bitty ball and command it.

Still, I would love to see a Magikarp flopping around in a haphazard manner, yet still following you. Or a Wailord inside of a house. That would actually be kind of adorable. You could tuck it in at night.

I hope you can battle while traveling in the train just as the SS Aqua.
    You've already been told enough times that the picture you found is fake. But I would like to echo Ellie's post about how the Magnet Train is supposed to be a fast mode of travel. It would only take minutes to cross the region, maybe even seconds. That wouldn't be time enough for a battle if you think about it. All you would have time to do is walk across the room, say hi, and ask if you want to battle. Maybe you could even take a Pokeball out of your pocket. But anything else, you just wouldn't have time for.

But yes, battles wouldn't make sense on the Magnet Train. It's fast. It's not a cruise ship, which takes a while to travel. It's the fastest way to get to Kanto from Johto, and vice versa.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hmmm very interesting thought Hiroshi. A plateau on the mountain and that is why its named liked that. If so then it makes perfect sense. And it also makes sense that only a tiny slope of mountain is situated in Johto.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    My Theory on the Johto Pokeballs:

If a Pokemon is caught in a Pokeball not found in the game it was traded to, it would revert to a Pokeball.

In the data, there are many open slots for new Pokeballs. All of those slots appear as normal Pokeballs when viewed.

So if you traded, lets say, a Lugia caught in a Heavy Ball, It would appear as a Normal Pokeball in D/P/Pt

Most likely, like Platinum Orb(I hate using its English name, "Griseous Orb"), The Pokeballs themselves can be traded between HG/SS(As Platiunum Orb can be traded between Platinums)

demonmike

Missing-Nin
    Years
    My Theory on the Johto Pokeballs:

If a Pokemon is caught in a Pokeball not found in the game it was traded to, it would revert to a Pokeball.

In the data, there are many open slots for new Pokeballs. All of those slots appear as normal Pokeballs when viewed.

So if you traded, lets say, a Lugia caught in a Heavy Ball, It would appear as a Normal Pokeball in D/P/Pt

Most likely, like Platinum Orb(I hate using its English name, "Griseous Orb"), The Pokeballs themselves can be traded between HG/SS(As Platiunum Orb can be traded between Platinums)

More than likely the case, as there seems to be a new verification process in trading between different games in place for HG/SS seeing as the games data will know and not let you trade the notched ear Pichu to a game which does not have the data.

Years
    Johto pokeballs won't change
    they'll use the new ones, seeing as they're practically the same anyway
    Quick ball
    dive balls
    nest balls
    timer balls
    luxury balls
    heal balls
    they'll be used instead, the apricorns will just produce them

mathioks

owner of the lonestar's gym
    Years
    Johto pokeballs won't change
    they'll use the new ones, seeing as they're practically the same anyway
    Quick ball
    dive balls
    nest balls
    timer balls
    luxury balls
    heal balls
    they'll be used instead, the apricorns will just produce them

that would suck, who in the world would want to collect appricorns to make some balls you will have to wait a whole day for you while you can just buy em in the poke league? i really hope what you said is'nt true

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I could see if they had the exact same effects but not of them do so I know that the Apricorns will indeed create apricorn balls. Maybe even a few new balls.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Hiroshi that is looking in too far. You know the action bit Junichi mentioned in an interview? Yeah that is most likely the pokethlon I mean sure its racing but racing is actiony if there are rocks all over the place.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I have played it. there was the chansey game the digging game and that electrode game. Sure there were more but they are in no way as similar to the ones in stadium. I dunno they could but again whatever.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I'm very excited for more information on these games. I've seen information of being able to have your Pokemon follow you, now that'd be cool.
    & Hiroshi - I've played Stadium, it's awesome =D

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2024
    Lol, I missed a lot of good information while I was on vacation!! But all this makes me even more excited for HG/SS!!!

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2013
    the first pokemon in your party no matter who it is will follow your character around

Back