• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Oh, Right- Sorry- Forgot They Had It As A TM- Defog Works- But What About Whirlpool? Won't They Have To Use That?

There is a possibility that HM Whirpool will make a return, or it will be available by a Move Tutor in the game. However, I would expect it to make a return, or else the Whirl Islands wouldn't have much of a meaning if the player isn't able to experience the Whirl Pools that were once there in the originals.

What do you guys think about Gym Leader's Pokemon possibly being changed? As you may or may not know, no male Gym Leader (besides Pryce) used Johto Pokemon.

Falkner used Pidgey and Pidgeotto
    Chuck used Primeape and Poliwrath
    Morty used the Gastly line

Personally I'd like to see Morty using Misdreavus, Falkner using Natu, Hoot Hoot, Murkrow even and Chuck using Heracross. I feel Game Freak has improved on their Gym Leader lineups since GSC and hopefully that'll be changed in HG/SS.

To tell you the truth, I was disappointed at the fact that GSC didn't take good use of the Johto Pokémon they had at the time. I felt as though more could have been done. As much as the return of nostalgia is pretty nice, if the Johto Gyms [as well as the Kanto Gyms included] are revamped with certain new Pokémon, more so including more of the Johto species, then I wouldn't be bothered by it. There are some pretty decent Johto types who can make a well set for some of the Gym Leaders. Seeing as the Gyms itself have received a new look in the remakes, then I wouldn't be surprised to see some difference in the leaders that rest within them.

At least, if not a change in rosters, then a raise in level. I would later on expect a rematch to be called like in Emerald where the Gyms as well as Elites would raise in level and have a slight alteration in Pokémon. However, like you stated, there are some nice Pokémon options, such as Mistreavous for Morty. And like I stated, if a rematch were to happen, then he would later challenge us with Mismagius. Nice idea though, and it'll only be a matter of time before information on the gyms as well as the rest of the game is fully laid out on the table.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    What do you guys think about Gym Leader's Pokemon possibly being changed? As you may or may not know, no male Gym Leader (besides Pryce) used Johto Pokemon.

Falkner used Pidgey and Pidgeotto
    Chuck used Primeape and Poliwrath
    Morty used the Gastly line

Personally I'd like to see Morty using Misdreavus, Falkner using Natu, Hoot Hoot, Murkrow even and Chuck using Heracross. I feel Game Freak has improved on their Gym Leader lineups since GSC and hopefully that'll be changed in HG/SS.

Interesting Point- I Would Like To See Different Gym Pokemon too

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I forgot about Natu. That's a good idea to give a Natu to Falkner. I'd like to see Chuck with a Heracross or at least a Hitmontop. I say Bugsy should have a Spinarak or Ariados level 15. Also, give him a Butterfree and Beedrill. If not, a Ledyba or something would be good. I like the idea of Morty having a Misdreavus instead of that 2nd Haunter.
    Falkner's Pokemon were always Flying/Normal though. I would expect him to carry on the tradition.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    It seems like gamefreak made the Johto gym leaders more to be like the kanto gym leaders that never were, giving them kanto pokemon...I think Johto should be a lot more different from Kanto in HG/SS. The gym leaders should definately have Johto pokemon and not Kanto ones, and there should be a lot more johto pokemon in the wild.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    It seems like gamefreak made the Johto gym leaders more to be like the kanto gym leaders that never were, giving them kanto pokemon...I think Johto should be a lot more different from Kanto in HG/SS. The gym leaders should definately have Johto pokemon and not Kanto ones, and there should be a lot more johto pokemon in the wild.
    It's a hard thing to do. Don't forget Johto had the lowest number of regional Pokemons, and as we all know, 9 of them go for starters, 5 of them go for legendaries (you already got almost 15 Pokemon less), many of them are baby Pokemons, and some of them are improved evolutions which might be overpowered against some young children who still play the game (most of us began knowing Pokemon at about 5) etc.

And in the originals, personally I always had the impression that Kanto was kinda "ruined" in those 3 years, and because of that people started going to live in the nearby region and it was kinda less-used before they came. Hence the common league (didn't have time to make their own), the Safari manager who left (basically to somewhere in Johto)...etc. Just my personal opinion...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Falkner's Pokemon were always Flying/Normal though. I would expect him to carry on the tradition.

No, his main priority was Flying types as a whole. So, Falkner gaining a Natu along his team would keep his tradition going as any other gym. A mixed type wouldn't be a problem in a gym as long as their main typing is still kept, in this case Flying.

His main purpose was the Flying, not the Normal IMO. I would love to see Natu there, though I guess it won't happen.

In addition to just seeing Natu on his team, I wouldn't mind seeing at least a Hoot-Hoot or Noctowl on his team. At least it'll be an addition Johto type over another Kanto Pokémon on his team. I wouldn't give up hope on it not happening though, as there is always the possibility noting on how the Gyms themseleves seem to be gaining a full revamp in look. Plus, you could always cross your fingers for a rematch later on with a revamp to his team them, and the same with other Gym Leaders at that.

^ This.

Johto in GSC were very enjoyable games no less, but if the remakes were to include more of its own rather than influencing more of Kanto into it, then I think the games will be better off besides for the added in features we've got. Now, I'm not saying that Kanto shouldn't be given any attention to, but that Johto should definitely have more of its own orignal Pokémon roaming across the region. However, whichever way it is placed, I think it'll be an enjoyable game no less.

Geo_mani

Can't wait until spring!
    Years
    Pikachu coloured Pichu!

I have the pika coloured pichu and it is so cute!I was just wondering!Does it matter if i level it up?Or it has to be at Lv.30 to activate the Notched ear Pichu?

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    The level isn't important for an Event Pokemon, so you can level it without fear. Just like Shaymin or others.
    What important is OT, ID, ribbons, metadata etc.

@World

Sparking Wild Bolt
    Years
    Metadata is a hidden data for that pokemon, or data programed into the game that triggers the event, that defines the difference between a normal and this Pichu.
    ID is the Pokemon identification number and is already generated by the event maker aka Nintendo (Game Freak) so you can't mess that one up.

Years
    well since its an event, you should keep it UT (meaning untouched, which basicalyl means it hasvtn been trained) that way, it is worth more, and you can trade it for good stuff =D

Dano_

Nya~
    Years
    I was thinking about Mewtwo today,(if it's really going to be in HG & SS), and I though "what if the Berserk Gene(if it's in the game) works like a fossil?"

I think that would be pretty neat, myself.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I was thinking about Mewtwo today,(if it's really going to be in HG & SS), and I though "what if the Berserk Gene(if it's in the game) works like a fossil?"

That would be interesting, not find Mewtwo in Cerulean Cave but the Berserk Gene and take it back to the Fossil Museum in Pewter City to get a Mewtwo

Guy

just a guy
    Years

The only problem with this idea is that Mewtwo isn't a Pokémon like the rest, or not in the same way. If you remember back from the first Pokémon movie and from FRLG [most recent], then you'll know that Mewtwo was a man-made Pokémon. So, finding it within a fossil wouldn't work out as well as planned because it'll back fire at the original story made with it. It's a neat idea nevertheless, but I don't see it happening compared to it simply being placed back into the Cerulean Cave. Not to mention, having Mewtwo back in the cave would be one nice way of enlargening Kanto compared to the original games.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    i dont think there will be any new moves, just old remade GSC moves

Of course some old GSC moves will be brought back to the Pokémon, but you also have to consider that the moves from the third and fourth generation will be brought into the games as well. So, those will be the only new moves introduced to the second generation. However, I wouldn't expect the move sets for each Pokémon to be the same as it was in GSC, it'll more so go with what DPPt set for them. Not to mention, there might be exclusive Pokémon with exclusive moves, such as the Pichu event with Pain Split.

M4CK_M4YN3

Felix_The_Cat
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2012
    i think they should put a little bit more then just turn based fighting aside from how awsome the battleing in pokemon is i think there should be some sort of rappid button action or button combos but thats just me.... and aslo they should deffinetly take some advice from zel and use some of his gamplay inhanced

Years
    i think they should put a little bit more then just turn based fighting aside from how awsome the battleing in pokemon is i think there should be some sort of rappid button action or button combos but thats just me.... and aslo they should deffinetly take some advice from zel and use some of his gamplay inhanced

Press X to not die.

I think not.

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2009
    You should be able to customize your character!

I hop you can edit your character e.g. Height, hair style, body tone, skin tone etc. just to give pokemon battles via wifi and on the normal games a bit of uniqueness, you should be able to buy clothes for him/her personalize your pokeballs etc. etc. the possibilitys are endless and I really think that this would attract alot more people to the pokemon games and would actualy be a really good selling point for nintendo. Tell me what you think.

Back