• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    Went through Kanto the completely opposite way for whatever reason and took down Janine, Lt. Surge, Sabrina, and Erika. In that order. Meh, whatever. I'm sorry to say that I don't really like my SoulSilver team. Maybe it's because I fell in love with my HeartGold team, and I could never replace them. I'm really tempted to ditch my SS and just use my HG team for the rest of my run-through. But maybe I won't. Gah!
    Team:

LV 53 Modest ♂
    HP 163 / Att 96 / Def 106 / SpA 156 / SpD 105 / Spe 132
    Sunny Day
    Flamethrower
    SolarBeam
    Smokescreen

LV 53 Jolly ♂
    HP 152 / Att 139 / Def 95 / SpA 61 / SpD 97 / Spe 162
    Quick Attack
    Ice Punch
    Night Slash
    Metal Claw

LV 53 Modest ♂
    HP 138 / Att 91 / Def 92 / SpA 183 / SpD 92 / Spe 138
    Hypnosis
    Shadow Ball
    Thunderbolt
    Focus Blast

LV 52 Bold ♀
    HP 214 / Att 80 / Def 84 / SpA 130 / SpD 112 / Spe 90
    Surf
    Toxic
    Wish
    Protect

LV 52 Adamant ♂
    HP 153 / Att 121 / Def 104 / SpA 107 / SpD 124 / Spe 93
    PoisonPowder
    Power Whip
    Synthesis
    Sleep Powder

LV 52 Adamant ♀
    HP 160 / Att 146 / Def 101 / SpA 96 / SpD 102 / Spe 128
    Rock Tomb
    Earthquake
    U-Turn
    DragonBreath

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Tikki, my Torchic, just evolved after beating Bug Catcher Al in Bugsy's Gym. I bet Bugsy is scared after seeing that ^^

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Started the day off with a bang - the Lake of Rage! Boy, was that fun. I decided to wear the Red Gyarados slowly with my Teddiursa's Fury Swipes, so I put her first in my team. Surfed up, pressed A...

It was female! Oh, a breeder's joy! So much easier to get those golden Magikarp! (Of course, I'm not planning to get into serious breeding until I finished the game, get my priorities right an' all that, but later... woo!)

All she was doing was using Leer, so I let Teddy wear her down steadily. She had enough HP left to be just one Fury Swipes away from the red, and what does she do? Stop lowering Teddy's defense and Bite. Teddy died. :( I sent out Toty, my Feraligatr, out as a barricade while I healed Teddy up, ready to Fury Swipe, switched them, and what does she do? Dragon Rage. Teddy died again. Toty out, heal up, Teddy out, Dragon Rage. After that, I'd had enough and threw two Net Balls, and that was it!
    Now my beautiful new Red Rum is sat in my Shinies Box (I have 8 now!) waiting for the day I decide to breed her. ~♪

And I step out of the water, high on victory, and who do I see but Lance and his Dragonite, telling me to come with him to Mahogany to investigate, and so we come to Team Rocket bustin'. :D

Me being me, I triggered every Persian Statue for training purposes (as Teddiursa was still the lowest-levelled member of my team) and lo and behold, she evolved into a stunning Ursaring! Ah! I was so pleased to walk arm in arm with that wonderful, powerful beast! [I realise now, I sound like Ruby from Pokemon Adventures more every day - This is a good thing. :D I even have glasses that are super-similar to his (this is before I even read the manga, because I'm not so sad as to get the same glasses as him on purpose) and now I rant about my team like he does... I am Girl-Ruby.]

After Lance and I beat Ariana, I decided to have a try at tailing the Roaming Beasts. I got maybe three small hits on both Entei and Raikou - barely grazes, really, but they're adding up - and managed to find Suicune by accident, too. Eusine was there, as well - it was that bit with the three Apricorn trees, near Mount Mortar - but even he couldn't distract me from Suicune's beauty - those long, flowing tails, that plume of deep purple energy, flowing, waving, like tides through the air... ah! Suicune! i can't wait 'til the day you are mine!

Same for Entei and Raikou - such raw, elemental power, their strong builds, so, so powerful! Entei's mask that accentuates his majestic face! Raikou's vivid colouration that stands out from the land! Oh, such beauty!

My team currently stands at:
    Feraligatr - Lv. 35
    Pidgeotto - Lv. 35
    Ampharos - Lv. 34
    Shiny Vulpix - Lv. 34
    Ursaring - Lv. 34
    Sneasel - Lv. 34

I'm hoping we can reach Lv. 36 all round before taking on Pryce. ~♪

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Just defeated Bugsy. I'm going to get everyone to level 19 or 20 (I havn't decided) then take on my rival.

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    Me and my sister got these games when they came out! I just started playing because i wanted to wait but she already beat hers! She traded over a bunch of eggs and items to my game so i could get a really good team at the beginning. Here is my team!

Swablu Male Lv5
    - Astonish
    - Peck
    - Growl

Elekid Male Lv5
    - Shock Wave
    - Quick Attack
    - Leer
    - Light Screen

Treecko Male Lv5
    - Giga Drain
    - Pound
    - Leer

Horsea Male Lv5
    - Ice Beam
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Bubble
    - SmokeScreen

Cranidos Male Lv5
    - Headbutt
    - Leer

I really like Cranidos knowing headbutt. I am on Route 29 using headbutt to train! lol All the pokemon are around level 3 so it's not hard. but I get a lot of exp compared to the others in the grass!

Years
    just smashed all the kimono girls thanks to my awsome ss team:
    Feraligatr Lv36
    Noctowl Lv36
    Ampharos Lv36
    Slowpoke Lv36
    Magmar Lv36
    And my HM slave my shiny Garydos Lv30

After that instead of making my way to the whirl islands i decided to train more and made my way down route 45/46 and found a Shiny Leaf on my Feraligatr!
    so once i had goten over the exitement i traded over my other poke's from my J SS and changed my team a little
    so here is my current SS team
    Feraligatr Lv36
    Noctowl Lv36
    Ampharos Lv36
    Slowking Lv36
    Magmar (could havebeen a Magmortar but i wanted to stay with the Silver vibe) Lv36
    Larvitar Lv36

Kon~

Years
    Gah. I did a little more Beast Stalking and managed to get Entei into the yellow, but Raikou is being stubborn - I haven't managed to get the same route as him ONCE in the last... however long I've been stalking. >.<

I must have them! Such beauty! Such power! [Now entering 'Ruby' mode]

Ian Watkins

^Is a total tart. X3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2014
    Has beaten the E4, and is now in Vermillion City.

I think I should train my team all up to level 45, as my win at the E4 was part luck, part good typings, and Lance was only beaten because of my level 94 Staraptor. xD

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    HOLY BALLS, I didn't think Red would be THAT high of level...

I remember back from my old Silver Version from when I was a kid Pikachu was only level 82, but NO, 88!?

AND, it just so happens to have VOLT TACKLE, but that isn't that bad, plus the snow hurts most if not all of his pokemon. (I wouldn't know ATM, he beat me with that friggin snorlax... I remember back in Silver, Snorlax was HARD...)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    After taking forever in Soul Silver, I finally decided to catch Ho-oh, the last Pokemon I need to complete my National Dex in Diamond (I technically had one, but it was hacked). On another plus side, it was Adamant.

Also, I've decided to trade everything from my SS to Platinum in order to start a new game on SS. I just flew through it too fast to enjoy the storyline, honestly.

Kon~

Years
    Another couple of hours tailing Entei and Raikou, and still no victory for Kon. :(

I've gotten both guys into the yellow, but man, do they get about! Seriously, I'll be right next to one, then one tiny route switch and they're at the other side of the region! >.<

But I will have them!
    Regardless of time, the fire that encompasses this body will never wane! The embodiment of volcanoes, the Pokemon Entei!
    Regardless of time, the lightning that encompasses this body will never dwindle! The very being of a thunderbolt, the Pokemon Raikou!

And then...
    Regardless of time, the wind and water that encompasses this body will never cease! The ray of beauty through the power of the three, the Pokemon Suicune!

[descends into mindless rambling]

My team has trained fully to Lv. 35, and Pidgeotto is nearly at the evolution level, and this is from KOing wild weaklings while hunting them two, so imagine how many times my PP ran out >.<.

Team is in the siggy:

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Another couple of hours tailing Entei and Raikou, and still no victory for Kon. :(

I've gotten both guys into the yellow, but man, do they get about! Seriously, I'll be right next to one, then one tiny route switch and they're at the other side of the region! >.<

But I will have them!
    Regardless of time, the fire that encompasses this body will never wane! The embodiment of volcanoes, the Pokemon Entei!
    Regardless of time, the lightning that encompasses this body will never dwindle! The very being of a thunderbolt, the Pokemon Raikou!

And then...
    Regardless of time, the wind and water that encompasses this body will never cease! The ray of beauty through the power of the three, the Pokemon Suicune!

[descends into mindless rambling]

My team has trained fully to Lv. 35, and Pidgeotto is nearly at the evolution level, and this is from KOing wild weaklings while hunting them two, so imagine how many times my PP ran out >.<.

Team is in the siggy:

Ain't cha never heard of Repels? They don't repel special Pokemon. =|

ANYWAY! I BEAT THE ELITE FOUR.

Karen was easy, I wiped the team with Gyarados and Typhlosion. Then came Lance.

I knew he was leading with his Gyarados, so I sent out my Ambipom to soak up the Intimidate. Then out came my Miltank to pound it into the ground. I "attempted" to take out Aerodactyl with Gligar but forgot I had no effective moves and he failed.

So I had to pull out Gyarados. He attempted to get me with Thunder Fang but missed and I KOd with Waterfall.

Out came Dragonite. I did a Dragon Dance to be sure and he missed with Thunder. I then proceeded to kill his three Dragonites each with one Ice Fang. His Charizard was felled by a Waterfall, and I became the new champion of Johto. Now I'm grinding in the Battle Factory to get a Razor Claw or w/e to evolve my Gligar.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    I'm really enjoying exploring Johto all over again.

Gym Battles Log:
    Falkner: What a joke. Trade 'sprout for Onix. Level up to 9. Rock Throw it to death. ~Fin
    Bugsy: Get Onix up a few more levels and keep throwing rocks. Magby and Doduo give a little backup firepower, just in case.
    Whitney: Round about this gym I started getting really upset with gym leaders using hyper potions etc. Clefairy bit it easy. My takedown of Miltank was sweet (I think). Used Bayleef to bait out Stomp then switched to Magby, which burned the stupid cow (Thanks Flame Body!) From then on, it was just taking little potshots at Miltank and making sure my team didn't get swept by Rollout while the burn wore her down.
    Morty: Only real threat here is Gengar. The other three fell easy. Gengar's undoing was a TWave from Flaaffy (I got some lovely Parahax like 3-4 times in a row, which surely saved my bacon) and a LOT of uses of Pursuit from Doduo (Thank jeepus for normal-type's immunity to Shadow Ball)
    Chuck: Bayleef truly carried the battle here. Poisoned Primeape and kept throwing Magical Leaf (to get around his DT'ing) and fortunately he just kept trying Focus Punch, and I obviously broke his focus over and over again. Bayleef then poisoned Poliwrath and once again proceeded to use Magical Leaf. Got downed and then Flaaffy came in to finish the battle with a couple of well-placed Thundershocks (can you believe he doesn't learn Discharge til 31?)
    Jasmine: Jasmine kicked my *** a couple of times because all the dudes I had planned to take out her Magnemite (Mostly my Magby, really) kept getting owned. Onix (my only ground type) didn't know any good moves. Went over to the Sea Cliff Tunnel thing and snapped up the first Geodude I found. Within 120 seconds of catching her, I had her going up against Jasmine's Magnemite. OHKO'd both of the little jaspers with Magnitude. Steelix got pwned by Red Gyara's Surf. (Yeah, I know Gyarados has garbage Sp. Attk, but I figure his Sp. Att. is better than Steelix's Sp. Def. Plus, Surf's base power is so high that combined with STAB and super effective, it wouldn't really matter)
    Pryce: UPDATE: Just beat him. Exciting battle! Bayleef and Flaaffy did work on Seel, and Gyarados Surfed his Piloswine to death. Switched in Magby against Dewgong to use Sunny Day and stop him from Hail+Blizz'ing me to death. Magby hit Dewgong a bit, then I switched Machop right into an Ice Shard. Next turn I used Revenge, and Dewgong used Aurora Beam. Machop held on with 1 HP and hit back with some serious firepower (120 base power*1.5 STAB*2 super effective=360) to down Dewgong and win the battle.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2010
    I finally got all my pokemon to level 13 to battle falkner. All my pokemon have to be at the same or higher level than the highest leveled pokemon on the gym leaders team before i battle. Thiis is my team

Horsea Male Lv13 Holding: Dragon Scale
    - Ice Beam
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Water Gun
    - SmokeScreen

Swablu Male Lv13
    - Pluck
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Roost
    - Sing

Elekid Male Lv13 Holding: Electirizer
    - Shock Wave
    - Quick Attack
    - Low Kick
    - Light Screen

Treecko Lv13 Male
    - Giga Drain
    - Quick Attack
    - Absorb
    - Leer

Cranidos Lv14 Male
    - Headbutt
    - Pursuit
    - Focus Energy
    - Leer

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2011
    That is overkill to death. I don't think my Pokemon have ever equaled the leader's levels, ever.

I'm psyched up. My team is about to get way more powerful.
    Magby is about to evolve into Magmar.
    Bayleef is about to evolve.
    Machop just evolved.
    Flaaffy is about to learn Discharge and then evolve.

Best beware.

Next up: freeing the Radio Tower! Subterfuge and shenanigans to ensue!

Last edited:

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    Since I'm missing my DS and only have my sister's to rely on, I've been mostly messing with the PokeWalker today, gathering Pikachu. I wanted to get one of the Flying or Surfing ones, cause I have enough steps. Oh well, I can try again once I get more Watts. XD

Since I'm so picky about getting a female Togepi with a certain nature, I used RNG abuse in Platinum to get the right Togepi egg and I'm planning on trading it with my HeartGold once I can find my DS. It's...at school. ;____;

DXrobots

Just a passing through trainer
    Years
    Randomly caught mewtwo today I didn't expect him to be caught with only 4 ultra balls seeing as Lugia took 14, and Moltres took around 20

Drift_King1

Rawr.
    Years
    Randomly caught mewtwo today I didn't expect him to be caught with only 4 ultra balls seeing as Lugia took 14, and Moltres took around 20
    1 Heavy Ball for each legendary for me! Hehehe.

i need help with my team what else should i add to it
    typhlosion
    amaphros
    noctowl
    gyrados
    Take out Noctowl for Pidgeot. Add in a Gengar and Dragonite.

Last edited:
    Back