• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    My SoulSilver Happenings

Today,

I restarted my Pokémon SoulSilver game. I chose Totodile as my starter. I really wanted to make my team worth it. So I tried for the best natures and made a "Wi-Fi in game team" if there is such. Now I am in Violet City training my Gastly before I defeat Faulkner.

My Current (Restarted) SoulSilver Team:

- Totodile (15)
    - Gastly (10)

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
    Years
    I also restarted my SS game and been training for quite a while now, without beating the Rockets on Slowpoke Well yet.
    Currently, I have...
    Totodile (22; I wanna make sure he learns some of his good moves before being a Croconaw)

Pidgey (19; Do I need a Spearow/Hoothoot over a Pidgey? Please help me decide)

Bellsprout (12; Mainly for the Flash and beating up other H2O Pokes later)

Onyx (9; Just for Rock Smash and going up against Goldenrod Gym)

Togepi (1; Haven't used him yet. Maybe after I get the others to near 20~ish. Planning something stupid about evolving him at level 1 to Togetic/Togekiss)

BLANK (Hoping to get a Mareep/Ghastly for this spot. I might just get Ghastly since I already have Bellsprout for H2O)

SoulAura

☆Nightfall★
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2010
    This morning my vaporeon, Ampharos, and Typhlosion totally pwned 14 trainers at the battle tower ^^ Then when i was on my 6th trainer at the battle factory i accidentally tapped run and then tapped again. So it counted as a defeat >.< I was pretty mad at the time. After that vaporeon's offspring hatched =) Power leveled the newly born eevee to lvl 30 then it evolved to a espeon. I decided to experiment some more with the breeding system. I put my abra with a machop. I'm trying to see what moves i can put on abra. Going to see how it'll turn out in a sec. Well this is my day so far!

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    Liberated the Radio tower defeated all the trainers on the way to Blackthorn and from Blackthorn down to Cherrygrove.I am a little hesitant to battle Clair as she will own me. I've been playing around with the last slot of my team gone through a Scyther,Heracross,Sandshrew, among other pokemon now trying a Koffing

Current Team:
    Electabuzz(Holt)-45
    Magby(Magnus)-33
    Noctowl(Archie)-30
    Espeon(Floyd)-36
    Poliwrath(Tia)-36
    Koffing(Curtis)-14

Deathshot

Unregistered User
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2019
    Journal Listing #1
    Date: September 04, 2010
    Pokemons: Growlithe (34),Mewtwo (81), Pikachu (74),Feraligatr (79), Primape (72), Absol (44)

Titling: Shine of Mt. Silver

I have currently struggled through this mountain after battling such strong pokemon. I caught a few pokemon on my climb through here. First off was an Onyx, level 43. He put up a tough battle against Absol. Shortly after I caught a level 45 Pupitar. After fighting off many Golbats, I caught a Golduck level 50 and a Graveler level 41. I have looked for Teddiursa or Ursaring but it seems they do not show for people with a "Heart of Gold", but for a "Silver Spirit".

I have finally reached the peak. The view is amazing. There is hail falling slightly but still crisp clean air. In the distance I see a shadowy figure. I start to struggle through the sharp wind, deep snow, and hail to see what the figure is. As I finally get closer I look up to see a boy wearing a Red and White hat. He reminds me of someone I seen on TV a long time ago fighting the Elite Four. I tapped him on the shoulder and asked to fight but he said nothing. He threw out his pokeball revealed a High Level Pikachu. It looked as if it had been trained properly. I found it with my Mewtwo and after a few fights it finally fainted. I then changed out for my Mew and His Charizard was sent out. I took it out with one hit from Metronome using Hydro Pump. Lucky shot. I changed out for my Primape after that and he sent out Venisaur. Such powerful pokemon... I fought it and knocked it very low with my Fire Punch. His Solar Beam knocked him out with a critical hit.

I threw out my Mewtwo and took it out. I changed out for Pikachu and got a Lucky guess. He threw out Blastoise. I hit it with a One-Hit KO with Thunder. After he threw out his Snorlax. So I used Volt Tackle and it seemed to stun him a bit. He couldn't move so I used another but it wasn't doing much damage. He seemed to be stunned again so I used Iron Tail and hit pretty hard. He hit my Pikachu pretty hard so I pulled him out and sent out Mewtwo. I knocked out his Snorlax finally and I withdrew Mewtwo for Pikachu again. He sent out Lapras and he seemed very determined. I used Thunder and One hit KO'd his Lapras. He withdrew Lapras and nodded. I walked up a shook his hand and headed back off to home to see Mom.

Journal Log Entry Complete.

TrainerMatt

Ore wa kanari tsuyo!
    Years
    I'm currently grinding levels before attempting Whitney. Some of her trainers nearly owned my team, so I've decided to swap out Flaaffy for a Drowzee. Never levelled one before, interesting moves. He owns a lot with Headbutt actually.

Trainer: Takeru

Team:

Croconaw - Hyde - Level 20
    Hoothoot - Femme - Level 20
    Gastly - Rogue - Level 20
    Drowzee - Derp - Level 17

I'm not sure about the other spots for my team. I've got a Scyther (which lost me the contest, funnily enough) but am also considering either an Oddish or Sunkern to have a Grass type. Never been a fan of Grass though, I've always favoured H20 because they can take down more types.

Years
    Currently figuring out how best to level up my pokemon before heading into Mt. Silver and fighting Red. I was going to just go through the Elite Four a couple of times.....................then realised that they actually levelled up themselves, with a couple of them evolving. I got my ass kicked.

Current team:

Ho-oh - Lv.60
    Ampharos - Lv. 60
    Meganium - Lv. 59
    Articuno - Lv. 58
    Gyarados - Lv. 59
    Snorlax - Lv. 57

Really must try to evolve my Kadabra (Would use it instead of Snorlax), but I feel if I do it via GTS, I'll lose it. Same for Graveler.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    - Beat Team Rocket.
    - Beat Bugsy.
    - Beat my rival.
    - Got Cut.
    - Got a Shiny Leaf on my Milotic.
    - Beat Whitney
    - Evolved Murkrow

My team:

Shiny Milotic Lv.20 Female w/Lax Increase
    Modest; Capable of taking hits
    Shiny Leaf (1)
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Water Pulse
    - Twister
    - Refresh

Shiny Honkrow Lv.21 Female w/Lum Berry
    Hasty; Somewhat stubborn
    - Wing Attack
    - Pursuit
    - Night Shade
    - Mud Slap

Shiny Scorupi Lv.20 Female w/Razor Claw
    Rash; Proud of its power.
    - Aqua Tail
    - Bite
    - Poison Sting
    - Rock Smash

Shiny Cherubi Lv.21 Female w/Miracle Seed
    Lax; Hates to lose.
    Shiny Leaf (1)
    - Energy Ball
    - Tackle
    - Synthesis
    - Leech Seed

Shiny Magby Lv.21 Male w/Flame Plate
    Lonley; Often dozes off
    - Heat Wave
    - Ember
    - Smog
    - Faint Attack

Years
    I've managed to beat the first gym leader. Now I'm heading towards that cave. But I'm putting the game on halt atm as I'm concentrating on my pearl game

Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    I've managed to beat the first gym leader. Now I'm heading towards that cave. But I'm putting the game on halt atm as I'm concentrating on my pearl game

Good to see someone else who is early in the game. :)

I just finished beating TR in the Slowpoke Well, did it all with Togepi. I've mainly been using it because it seems easy to level up and I've been told it is a great PokeMon. Right now my team is Togepi @ 15, Quilava @ 16, and Flaffy @ 15. Currently in Azalea Town.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    - Got all the eggs from Primo and hatched them all.
    - Traded over my Japanese event Shiny Suicune to replace Milotic.
    - Training team to level 25 for Morty.
    - Beat Rival.
    - Released the beasts.
    - Beat Morty with Honchkrow. Honchkrow, holding a Metronome, while using only Payback sweeped his entire gym. XD
    - GOT POKERUS! oasjfoajsf O:

My team:

Lv.25 Shiny Cherrim Female PKRS w/Miracle Seed
    Lax; Hates to lose.
    - Energy Ball
    - Tackle
    - Synthesis
    - Sunny Day

Lv.25 Shiny Skorupi Female PKRS w/Razor Claw
    Rash; Proud of its power.
    - Aqua Tail
    - Bite
    - Poison Jab
    - Rock Smash

Lv.25 Shiny Magby Male PKRS w/Flame Plate
    Lonely; Often dozes off.
    - Heat Wave
    - Faint Attack
    - Smog
    - Confuse Ray

Lv.30 Shiny Honchkrow Female PKRS w/Metronome
    Hasty; Somewhat stubborn.
    - Payback
    - Wing Attack
    - Roost
    - Mud Slap

Lv.30 Shiny Suicune PKRS w/Rowap Berry
    Relaxed; Quick tempered.
    - Surf
    - Air Slash
    - Calm Mind
    - Aqua Ring

Last edited:

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    - Got all the eggs from Primo and hatched them all.
    - Traded over my Japanese event Shiny Suicune to replace Milotic.
    - Training team to level 25 for Morty.
    - Beat Rival.
    - Released the beasts.
    - Beat Morty with Honchkrow. Honchkrow, holding a Metronome, while using only Payback sweeped his entire gym. XD
    - GOT POKERUS! oasjfoajsf O:

That's odd. You got Pokerus about the same time as I did. XD

Recently, I finally gave Red a go, and managed to beat him with this team, all of which are at level 73. . .

Spoiler:

I then attempted to catch Groudon after getting Torchic from Steven and Squirtle from Professor Oak. While I had a few spare Master Balls, I decided to try and catch him without one. I weakened him down, when he used Rest. I threw one Heavy Ball, and caught Groudon. :D

Years
    So, I decided to scrap my original plan of SRing for a shiny starter in my new SoulSilver game to start a new game instead. Went through all of the intro stuff, grabbed a Totodile (which I'm probably not going to use) and set off on my quest to become the Pokemon Champion. I haven't gotten very far in my game but I've caught a Geodude, Zubat, and Gastly for my team. My planned team, so far, is: Gengar, Golem, Vaporeon, Crobat/Togekiss (can't decide on this one), Heracross, and Magmar. I'd love your opinions on whether I should use a Crobat or a Togekiss on my team. And, as a small challenge for myself, I'm using Pokemon that I haven't used before. Any and all suggestions are welcome! XD

Currently: Taking on the Sprout Tower and then the Violet City gym, hopefully by the end of tonight.

Current Team:
    Totodile / Level 11
    Geodude / Level 11
    Zubat / Level 10
    Gastly / Level 10

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2010
    Beat Bugsy and all the associated trainers. It was fairly easy, although Scyther took out my Togepi one hit with U-Turn. Finished the rest of them off with Flaaffy and Quilava.

I cut my team down to:

Togepi - Lvl 16
    Flaaffy - Lvl 17
    Quilava - Lvl 17

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Well, since all of my other games requires me to beat Bosses, I tired my SS again.

Managed to go to Cinnabar Island, D: It erupted!

So I went to Seafoam Island, whoa. What a weird place to put a gym in. Trying to beat Blained but no luck. Trying again not later, but sometime in the near future.

Years
    TYRANT REACHED LVL 100!

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Tyrant Lvl 100 Adamant
    331/356/270/198/243/175
    Earthquake/ Crunch/ Stone Edge

Next is Empoleon and Fantom/Rotom

Thinking about getting Groundon in the near future but Im busy training new teams to lvl 60 to prep them for lvl 100 training.

Last edited:

Fusionx

Capable Hacker
    Years
    I Recently Bought SS..

well. its been a week now. and i have to say soul silver was a great game. i just caught suicine. it only wasted 34 ultra balls :3 AND wasted my masterball on entei.. how they revamped m.t silver is incredible. i just wanted to stand up there with red in the blitzing cold. when my eevee
    bill gave me turned into umbreon at lvl 50. i was doing a little dance.
    when i left the pokemon fan club and steven was standing there. before he even started talking. i knew who he was :D
    when i first ran into bugsy and realised i could re battle the gym leaders was great.

bringing back jhoto was a great idea. im glad they used the original story. but some aspects of the game COULD of been diffrent. for an example. the legendary dogs should all have their own event. not just suicine. i mean c'mon suicine's old right?
    what really made me mad was lugia was only lvl 40.. the reason i bought soul silver was to have an kickass lugia.. not another ho-oh -.-
    and waiting until all 16 badges were collected before getting my dratini was an epic fail.

Ahh kanto. whats a jhoto remake without kanto. great how the legendary birds are back. [could of had a bit of a story there] and mewtwo. another great add. but kanto battles just made me tired, bored and frustrated. not because of the toughness of the trainers. just the really long battles.
    and kanto lacked any kind of a story. so witch made collecting the badges more of a bore.

dont get me wrong pokefreaks. i love the game. its just it had its down sides. game freak was spot on with the jhoto story [could of had some changes] and kanto was really just eye candy. no real story here.

anyways thanks for reading. i hope u guys dont rant me out too much :3

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    @ Fusionx - don't feel that a separate thread is needed for your thoughts (as otherwise everyone could make one and that'd defesat the purpose of having the section/specific threads, etc), so merged with the Travel Journal thread as it includes what you have done in the game, that post of yours. Also it sounds a bit review-like as well... I might as well point your attention to the HGSS Review competition thread sticky if you're interested. ;p

Oh, and:
    and waiting until all 16 badges were collected before getting my dratini was an epic fail.
    You could actually get it before the E4 first time - matter of doing stuff like getting the TM from Clair first and whatnot (also there's that Dratini in Gokldenrod's Game Corner as well I suppose).

Back