• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Running around south of golden rod with heracross, it found a shiny leaf! No idea what it's for yet, but it sounds rare.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • And another person with Cyndaquil/Mareep. Omg, I think they're the most used Pokemon in HG/SS History. lol
    I just beat Morty thanks to Totius. Metronome=Perish Song+Opponent Cursing me= Very tense battle. Man!

Add another one :D

started the game a bit while ago....currently in the slowpoke well kicking some rocket butt..MY TEAM :-

Quilava - lv 16
    Onix(traded) - lv 15
    mareep - lv 12
    gastly - lv 10
    egg - soon to be hatched

Chaos Feraligatr

Darkness Bringer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2010
    Beat bugsy and caught a Heracross and trained for a long time and now im at Goldenrod city here is my team
    Heracross lv.21
    Quilava lv.21
    Zubat lv.21
    Quagsire lv.21
    Flaffy lv.21

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
  • March 14th 2010.

I begin my journey by waking up. Ugh... I must've slept in. I walk downstairs to find my mom telling me that I need to go see Prof. Elm, as he has recquisitioned I help him with some task. I grab my stuff and walk outside to breath in the breezy air. Lyra's Marril pokes me in the Stomach before running off. I go to Prof. Elm who asks me to talk to his acquaintince Mr.Pokemon. He says that if I help he will give me one of his Pokemon. I ask for the Totodile, who pops out confusedly. I walk with him through the foresty path ahead. Once I reach Cherrygrove, an odd man shows me around before handing me a pair of shoes. Afterwards I take Totodile to the small beach, and he is very happy splashing around in the surf. I walk to Mr.Pokemon's house up north, and he is chatting with the infamous Prof.Oak. Oak gives me a Pokedex after chatting with me about the importance of loving your Pokemon. Mr.Pokemon hands me a mysterious egg and I leave. I suddenly get a phone call from Elm about a Pokemon being stolen. I walk back into Cherrygrove and then get attacked by an odd teen with Red hair. After defeating him I go talk to Elm who keeps the egg, and suggests I go take on the league challenge. I backtrack through Cherrygrove again and catch my first Pokemon, "Pidgey" on the route ahead. I stop in Violet City, where an odd man talks in a foriegn accent about shards. I am forced to go to Sprout Tower, where I fight several monks. They show me to the head Monk Li, who had just been defeated by the Red haired boy "Sam". He tells Sam to use more compassion with his Pokemon, and Sam ignores the advice. I defeat the Monk and take off to the Ruins of Alph. I see strange, dusty ruins, and Totodile seems to enjoy looking at the old artifacts. I head to a northern route, where a strange tree wobbles. I see what Totodile thinks of the tree, and then I realize he is holding something. When I try to see what it is, he snaps at me angrily. He pouts and whines for the next hour before finally getting over it. I then go to Violet City Gym, where I get my badge from battling Falkner. By the the time I leave the gym it is night. I stop at the Pokemon center where I receive the egg I delivered. It almost immediately hatches into a baby Togepi. I am worried about taking the next route, but I continue. I pass through a Dock, and under a Railroad path, and end up at the mouth of union cave. I stop at the Pokemon center, and sleep there for the night.

TEAM:

Pidgey lvl 11

Gust

Sand Attack

Tackle

Smart, likes to run with me. Curious.

Togepi lvl 8

Extrasensory

Growl

Charm

Very optimistic and a bit lovery-dovey. Likes running with me.

Totodile lvl 12

Water gun

Leer

Tackle

Optimistic, but a little lazy. Likes playing and is overall a fun character

Last edited:

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I started with a Totodile, and traded Cyndaquil and chickorita over from Platinum. I took my level 5 Shinx from diamond and caught a Zubat.

I just got that notced eared Pichu, and currently fighting the gym trainers in Goldenrod city

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I'm at Chuck and his fighting dojo. I can't seem to beat his Poliwrath. For me, the Poliwag family has been the most annoying ever. It's like the only attack they know is hypnosis. I need to catch a flying Pokemon. I neglected to capture Pidgey and Hoothoot earlier on and now I'm in a bind.

Edit: Eusine battled me because he wanted Suicune to acknowledge him. I won but barely. Found another annoying Pokemon combo. Drowsee + Hypnosis + Dream Eater

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    At the Goldenrod Radio Tower Mission.Games going smoothly and Im trying to deal with the fact that to me the gyms are overleveled and then the trainers are under,but oh well

Current Team

Bayleaf Lvl 29
    Light Screen
    Synthesis
    Magical Leaf
    Reflect

Charmeleon Lvl 29
    Scratch
    Dragon Rage
    Flamethrower
    Fire Blast

Amphorous Lvl 31
    Tackle
    Thunder Shock
    Thunder
    Thunder Wave

Slowpoke Lvl 29
    Headbutt
    Surf
    Confusion
    Blizzard

Nidorina Lvl 30
    Strength
    Double Kick
    Bite
    Dig

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • I've beaten Whitney!

So she tells me to go check out the Pokethlon Dome, and it's SO MUCH FUN!!! Hiyoko, Kureno, and Rena have already won medals in the Stamina area, I kicked all the levels' butts! But yes, it's interesting, I think I'll keep at it. I want to hang around longer too since the Bug-Catching Contest is tomorrow.

Years
  • Ugh. Pople that are like "OMFFGZ EVRY1 USEZ CYNDAQIL ND MAREP IM SO KEWL FOR NOT USING THEM 2 OMGFG" get very annoying. Not really any of you guys but a couple kids at school were being like this. Anyways i'm beating all the trainers leading up to morty atm.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • I've currently got a Lv.25 Quilava, a Lv.23 Flaffy (Eat me you Cydnareep haters), a Lv.20 Togepi, and my HM Slave Lv.15 Furret. Having issues with Whitney's Miltank since I'm attempting to beat it with Flaffy and her best move is ThunderShock =/ So, I'm trying to gain 10,000 (WTF?!) coins at the Game Corner (Voltorb Flip is uber annoying) to buy the Thunderbolt TM. Also, I'm trying to get my Togepi's Happiness high enough for it to evolve already.

On a side note, anyone think it's great that your Lv.1 Togepi comes with Extrasensory? I hatched it in Violet City and got it to Lv.11 at night at Sprout Tower by battling Gastly XD

Guybrush Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
    Years
  • Why the hell does Elm keep calling me and repeating the same thing!
    Quit nagging me man, can't you see I'm busy.
    I swear, I'm going to go back to his lab just so I can shove this Togepi up his @$$!!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Just beat Clair (Yay :D)

Dichted Nidorina (yes hard to say because it was like my favorite D:) because it was tedious after a while and could barely kill any thiong because Rivalry hates me and sends out to many males.Added a Dragonair to my team for later uses and will stay on my team unused until E4

Team

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalLvl 35
    Reflect
    Light Screen
    Magical Leaf
    Synthesis

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalLvl 36
    Fly
    Dragon Rage
    Flamethrower
    Slash

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalLvl 37
    Thunder
    Discharge
    Thunder Wave
    Tackle

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalLvl 34
    Surf
    Zen Headbutt
    Headbutt
    Blizzard

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalLvl 45
    Aqua Tail
    Dragon Pulse
    Iron Tail
    Thunder Wave

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • - went through the cave to azelea town and beat bugsy
    - went through ilex forest
    - caught rattata and taught it cut
    - in goldenrod gym :3

team is:
    1. shiny gible (19)
    2. bayleef (20)
    3. shiny growlithe (named Scruffy - 20)
    4. shiny vulpix (26)
    5. shiny pichu (26)
    6. rattata (7 - hm slave)

my shinies were traded over from my platinum :3

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Got to Ekruteak city, and went back to Bill's house for my eevee. But to my surprise, it was lvl 5! It is normally level 20!

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • try'in to pursue the legendary dogs....or atleast give them a status so i can get 'em easier latter on....

also, lol @ cyndmareep haters
    ampharos r just too awsum for me to miss... XD

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
    Years
  • Started training my Spiteful, Rocky, and Kuromaru today. I trained Mix yesterday. So in total, i've spent two days in Violet before leaving. Which I haven't done yet. lol
    Spiteful was caught halfway up Bellsprout Tower, and by the time I reached the top Spiteful was as strong as the Elder's strongest pokemon. I went to the Pokemon Academy in Violet and made my group, Slepnir. Slepnir is Odin(?)'s horse in Norse mythology. Anyone can join, but I don't know how. I have to find out my friend code...

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
  • I just started playing about an hour ago, so all my guys are pretty weak. CX

Lenny - Cyndaquil lvl 14
    Hess - Gastly lvl 5
    Rocky - Onix lvl 4
    Brian - Bellsprout lvl 3
    Egg

I'm getting frustrated trying to level up my weaker Pokemon. But, I beat Falkner, and am going to go back a town or two and train. =)

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • March 15, 2010.
    Time: 9:30 PM Eastern Standard Time
    Route: 36
    Details: Well I thought that this was absolutely outstanding. I have around 7 hours on the the game, and I got it yesterday, so I haven't really played too much. So on Route 36 I was playing around with the new Dowsing Machine engine, which works phenomenally. I found a tree that was hosting an item, so I walk into the grass up to the tree with my trusty Quilava following behind me. The item was an antidote. Well then out of scenic nowhere, I decide to talk to my Quilava. I talk to him the first time, and it says "Quilava is admiring the forest," or something to that manner.

The second time I talk to him, a heart appears above his head, and he starts having this seizure-like thing. I'm laughing the entire time, by the way. It gets done and it says "Quilava found something!" or whatever the message was. Yes, I found a Shiny Leaf. :D

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • wow lo, when do you get the Dowsing machine btw? it sounds fun!

When you get to Ecruteak City, in one of the smaller, insignificant houses there's a person that will ask you if you like treasure hunting. If you say yes, he gives you the Dowsing Machine.

Currently: Trying to train up my Pokémon so that I don't completely fail against Chuck again. He already wiped me once, and I'd rather not have it happen again. Stupid Lv. 17 Pidgey doesn't cope well against Lv. 29 & 31 Primeape and Poliwrath, apparently.

Current Team:

Quilava - Lv. 29
    Mantine - Lv. 20
    Flaaffy - Lv. 27
    Sudowoodo - Lv. 22
    Raticate - Lv. 20
    Pidgey - Lv. 17

Back