• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Using my dowsing app, I found a rare candy in ecruteak city! It's in the northeast area, below the water and to the left of the row of 4 lamps.

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • Strange, but either I was reading the Dowsing Machine wrong, or there are items that are "floating" in the ocean around the Whirl Islands. I encourage you to check this out if you have time.

Just luck killed a Lv. 25 Tentacruel with Flaaffy at 3 hp for 4-5 turns.

Fun fact: You cannot run from an oceanic battle. Just extremely hard to do.

Years
  • Whitney was easy. All I did was use flaffy to KO her first poke then I kept it in to paralyze miltank. From there I went into quilava and spammed like 10 smokescreen's so she only hit me like 2 or 3 times.GF.

TrackerXNinjaX

Traveling Artist
    Years
  • lolz whitney powned. Ill check out ecruteak when i get there. And btw, i do like treasure hunting, and not just in the game. its called geocaching, where you use gps coordinates to find things people hid in your area. they are all over the world, there is probably one within a mile of your home. seriously. its fun..! lol

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
  • lolz whitney powned. Ill check out ecruteak when i get there. And btw, i do like treasure hunting, and not just in the game. its called geocaching, where you use gps coordinates to find things people hid in your area. they are all over the world, there is probably one within a mile of your home. seriously. its fun..! lol

I've heard of that, and my friend actually showed me where there was a thingy hidden, if we're thinking about the same thing.

Note: On Easternmost Route 40, you find TM88 - Pluck. Under the item, there is a hidden Hyper Potion.
    I decided that I would try to defeat Jasmine before I defeat Chuck.

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
  • Haha, Im very sleepy as I beat Clair. She was very hard though, her Kingdra is a massive troublemaker :( At least my Gyrarados annihilated her. :) But, she hasnt given me the badge. Damn Dragons Den.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • ... I spent three hours trying to get a Shiny Stone. It didn't work, and now I know that I won't get one for at least three months, nor will I get it on December 21st 2012, January 1st, 2000, or in the months of September or October.

I ran into Raikou, it fled.

I bought a Dratini with 2100 coins. Best purchase ever, and yes, I know about the extremespeed Dratini.

I really want a Togekiss, and this doesn't make much sense to me, since it's out of order, but does it matter?

I beat Morty and Chuck on the first try.

I got 3000 Athlete points in under an hour.

If anyone could tell me where to find a Shiny Stone, please tell me, since I know I'm not going to be able to get one from the Pokethlon area for the next few months at least.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
  • - when i reached the pokeathlon building, i was so excited! i competed in speed x2, skill, and power categories, it was fun =)
    - bought many soda pops with my points :3
    - moved onto ecruteak city and beat burnt tower.
    - got dowsing machine =D

team:
    - shiny growlithe (scruffy - 24)
    - bayleef (24)
    - shiny gabite (25)
    - shiny vulpix (26)
    - shiny pichu (26)
    - rattata (hm slave - 7)

Years
  • Might as well...

Sam's Wonderful Pokemon Adventure of DOOM, Part One (Maybe?)

- Picked the boy, named him ASHTON on accident, then had to do a SR so I could name him Ashton. Before I got out of the tutorial. :(
    - Went "OMG WHERE IS MY MENU I WANT TO SAAAAVE"
    - Realized that Mom gave me the menu. This must make her the most powerful Mom in Pokemon history. "You want to save, do you? CLEAN YOUR ROOM FIRST. >:("
    - Went to Elm, picked up a Chikorita, named it Leaf.
    - Did my little quest for Mr. Pokemon, was awfully bored by it.
    - Then ran into that passerby boy, whose name turned out to be Alan. Decided that important Pokemon trainers talking during the battle was added just so the GSC rival could talk smack to you mid-battle.
    - Added a Hoothoot (Owl) and Geodude (Rock) to my team before hitting Violet City. Then in Sprout Tower, added a Gastly (Ghost).
    - Went to Falkner, went '"GREAGRAGRHDSBHVPAGVHREA;" upon realizing that his Pidgeotto's Gust was now a special move, which killed Geodude in two hits, and also now knew Roost.
    - Decided to go train, and ended up catching a Mareep (Sheep) to kick Falkner's butt. Which I did, once it learned Thundershock. >:D
    - Headed towards Azalea Town, did my events there, caught a Slowpoke (Slow) for my team.
    - Beat Bugsy pretty handily -- didn't give me too many problems, although my Geodude nearly died. Also beat Alan again, that was fun.
    - Made it to Goldenrod with no problems. Upon reaching there, decided Hoothoot wasn't cutting it, so put it in the box and decided to catch a Growlithe instead.
    - On the way, my Mareep and Chikorita evolved into Flaaffy and Bayleef, respectively.
    - Went :( when I realized that Growlithe thing uses Roar and Mean Look doesn't prevent the battle from ending. My last Ultra Ball came in handy, though. d("d)

I think catching Growlithe is a good stopping point for tonight. That, and I need to go play with my Pokewalker. How many steps can I take walking to work tomorrow morning?

ASHTON'S CURRENT TEAM:
    Growlithe (Puppy, lv 13) I think I'm going to test out the Pokewalker with Puppy.
    Flaaffy (Sheep, lv 15)
    Geodude (Rock, lv 15)
    Gastly (Ghost, lv 15)
    Slowpoke (Slow, lv 16)
    Bayleef (Leaf, lv 17)

(I might replace Geodude later on, but honestly, I think I'm actually content with this team for most of the game. o__O)

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • -- So, I started my game and did some SRs but gave that up quickly because I just wanted to play.
    -- Raised Cyndaquil for a little while to challenge Falkner and won.
    -- Realized what I wanted to do.
    -- Started a new game and chose Totodile.
    -- Raised Totodile for a while.
    -- Caught a Mareep. Togepi hatched with Hustle ability, which I am not happy about, but a Wide Lens should help. :x
    -- Traded my original Cyndaquil back from Platinum.
    -- Played around with the Pokewalker and managed to catch Nidoran (m) and two Kangaskhan, both equipped with Scrappy and Early Bird. X3
    -- Now, I have to train mah team to challenge Bugsy because his Scyther can be a problem if you're not prepared.
    -- It's off to Azalea Town with me and my team. Also, I have my final team already. :D

Ripper

The Dark Knight
    Years
  • Started preparing for getting HG on Friday.

On Diamond I'm breeding to get a decent Houndour, after I've decided on the rest of my team for the game.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • Travel Log: I arrived to Goldenrod City. I checked out the GTS, I faced Whitney, Beat her. Oh on the way to Goldenrod, I got a Spiky Ear Pichu >w<. I caught a Magikarp, I love the sprite of Magikarp when it follows you >w< and I evolved my Magikarp into a Gyarados, and my HootHoot I caught into a Noctowl. Now im at Ecruteak City.

My Current Team
    Quilava/Lv 27/Boy
    Flaaffy/Lv 22/Boy
    Spiky Ear Pichu/Lv 30/Girl
    Gyarados/Lv 22/Girl
    Togepi/Lv 1/Boy
    Noctowl/Lv 22/Boy

Pokedex:
    Seen: 065
    Obtained: 028

Current Town/Route: Ecruteak City
    Badges: 3
    Time: 11:55

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    If anyone could tell me where to find a Shiny Stone, please tell me, since I know I'm not going to be able to get one from the Pokethlon area for the next few months at least.
    Try coming first in a Bug Catching Contest (though it could be a different stone that you would win, so keep trying) or wait for a phone call from a trainer on Route 14 in Kanto.

Anyhow, I mostly played around with the PokeWalker today. Raised up my Rattata by two levels and my newly caught Mareep by a level just on the PokeWalker. Also caught a Pidgey that way.

In-game, I trained my Pokemon for a bit, until I decided to challenge Falkner. He was easy, though Pidgeotto was giving my Rattata a difficult time. But I won in the end.

Completely explored the Union Cave, where my Totodile evolved to a Croconaw.

Made it to Azalea, cleared out Team Rocket, fought the rival. Bayleef was a very difficult Pokemon to take down, and it took out my Flaaffy and Croconaw before my Rattata knocked it out. And that was enough to give my Rattata the experience needed to evolve.

Fought Bugsy, and Raticate defeated Scyther with no problem. Metapod and Kakuna fell easy to Croconaw.

Now I'm wandering around Ilex Forest, raising up my Flaaffy by knocking down Oddish. Had to catch one to use Cut, but that's really all that I've caught. (I'm not trying to fill up my Pokedex with this game. I'd much rather fill up my Pearl version's dex, and I don't need several Zubat fluttering around never being raised.) But the main reason is that my Pokemon are getting to be too powerful to do much catching, since they knock out their opponents too quickly.

Team:

Croconaw: level 19
    Raticate: level 20
    Flaaffy: level 18 (?)

And sammi-san's post is amazing.

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • ... I spent three hours trying to get a Shiny Stone. It didn't work, and now I know that I won't get one for at least three months, nor will I get it on December 21st 2012, January 1st, 2000, or in the months of September or October.

I ran into Raikou, it fled.

I bought a Dratini with 2100 coins. Best purchase ever, and yes, I know about the extremespeed Dratini.

I really want a Togekiss, and this doesn't make much sense to me, since it's out of order, but does it matter?

I beat Morty and Chuck on the first try.

I got 3000 Athlete points in under an hour.

there's one in kanto (yes, togekiss are offbound until you beat the elite4)

and pokeathlon will sell them after the N.dex

Years
  • Progress:
    First things first…
    Yes, I'm a Cyndareep trainer… I'll confess it now… but ever since I was able to catch and train Mareep (it wasn't available in Crystal, the first second-gen game I bought), I loved it.
    I started my game yesterday. Chose Cyndaquil as always, and as usual, it's a female. So far, I've cleared the first Gym and made it to Azalea Town. Had no trouble with Falkner – his Pidgey and Pidgeotto were using some pretty idiotic moves (why didn't they use Roost instead of letting Flaaffy mow down the last of their HP with ThunderShock?), so I won quickly.
    I was in the middle of doing Slowpoke Well last night when I realized I had to go and catch an Oddish, since I wouldn't be able to catch one the following morning (and I didn't want to wait until tonight). So, I went to Ilex Forest and caught one. I saved my game in the gatehouse between Ilex Forest and Azalea Town.

Character Info:
    Player: Female Trainer (a.k.a. "Lyra")
    Player Name: Roku
    Current Location: Gatehouse between Ilex Forest and Azalea Town
    Badges: 1
    Time Logged: 3:19
    Pokedex (Seen): 34
    Pokedex (Caught): 10

Team:
    Quilava (Female) – Level 17
    Flaaffy (Male) – Level 17
    Oddish (Female) – Level 5 (just caught it)
    Togepi (Male) – Level 1, though it's not actually part of my main team… I'm just lugging it around until I get around to showing it to Elm

I have no idea whether I want to evolve Oddish into Vileplume or Bellossom yet. At least if I pick Vileplume, I don't have to wait until Kanto to get a Leaf Stone…

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Well since my last entry, I ended up restarting my adventure in Johto for different reasons. The main purpose being that I really chose the wrong starter. D: Being said, I ended up restarting my game and choosing Totodile as my chosen starter, who is currently a LV. 19 Croconaw.

After collecting the Mystery Egg from Mr. Pokémon and bringing it back to Prof. Elm. I ended up catching a LV. 4 Pidgey after Lyra taught me the obvious on how to catch a Pokémon. Now being a LV. 19 Pidgeotto it has proven to be quite a tough roster in my team. Only one level above Falkner's Pidgeotto, my Pidgey at the time, put up a good battle against him while Totodile ended up getting knocked out. :\

Now, currently in Azalea Town I've helped capture the two missing Farfetch'd, defeated Team Rocket, saved the Slowpokes and am waiting for Kurt to have my custom made Pokéball ready. In the mean time, all my Pokémon (Croconaw & Pidgeotto) are both LV. 19. I may go back and do some training before challenging Bugsy though.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • playing my HG real slow....
    I've just arrived in goldenrod...the best city ever !!
    caught a drowzee to trade for machop and OWN miltank...
    current team :-

Quilava lv 21 @ charcoal

onix lv 17

flaffy lv 18

togepi lv 5

oddissh lv 6 (cut slave)

drowzee lv 12 (will trade for machop)

harmonic ♫

red is a pain in the a'
    Years
  • currently in Ecruteak, going to get out and to Olivine city, or whatever is next, lol.

team so far-

Croco(Croconaw) LVL 22

Sheep(Flaafy)LVL 22

Rocky(Steelix) LVL 22

Dratini LVL. 22

Combusken LVL. 24

my team screwed up since I really wanted a Dragonite, and it took me a long time to find a Pikachu, so I gave up.

and Morty was a pain in the butt to beat, he got rid of of my other Pokemon, jeez, but my Combusken actually won, good thing the only psychic move his pokemon knew were Hypnosis, and I was prepared for that (=

combusken ftw.

Glow Worm's Not Glowing

Not-So-Masterful
    Years
  • Just finished the quests in Azalea and beat Bugsy. I'm steadily on my way to the next town, but first more training. I put my Gastly and Togepi in the PC and now have only 4 Pokemon in my party.

Lenny - Cyndaquil lvl 18
    Rocky - Onix lvl 18
    Brian - Bellsprout lvl 15
    Astrid - Mareep lvl 8

Years
  • In SoulSilver:

I caught an Ekans and put it in the Day Care to raise its level. Today, I went to go pick it up and it was at Level 20. I'm looking for a good Water-type Pokemon, probably a Krabby. I'll add a Meowth to my team as I look in the grass for it.

I tried out the Pokeathlon, but things didn't go very well. But the events were fun! I also entered the Bug Catching Contest and caught a Beedrill.

I'm about to travel to Cianwood City.

Back