• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Panique

BUGSY IS GAY FOR METAPOD
    Years
    Beat Bugsy earlier today, currently on my way to Goldenrod City. Just got out of Ilex Forest.

Current team:
    Quilava (Aiken) / lv20
    Butterfree (Claribel) / lv17
    Togepi (Eluned) / lv16
    Mareep (Lemonbalm) / lv6
    Bellsprout (Theodor) / lv6
    Onix (Rocky) / lv4

I intended to train Mareep but I dunno if I'll bother now. Bellsprout is my flashmule for Dark Cave, and Onix is my headbutt/rock smash mule for now.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well I reverted to changing the clock on my DS after one to many attemps at Ho-oh, so now I can use my 40 4x-more-affective-at-night Dusk Balls.

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Well I got Soul Silver today ^^
    So heres my progress so far..:

- Got Chikorita as my starter
    - Along the way I caught an Ekans
    - Went on pokewalker and got 707 steps down and caught a Sperow and got a potion
    - In Sprout tower training up my Ekans..

Years
    SoulSilver Update:

I ran into Latios in the grass north of Pallet Town! But it soon ran after the encounter. In Mt. Mortar, I found the trainer with a Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. After the battle he gave me a Tyrogue, and I took it to the Day Care to level up.

I'm now in the Ruins of Alph completing the Unown Report.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Team Rocket at the radio tower, I was going to catch a Swinub, train it till it evolved into Piloswine and then Mamoswine but I realized I would need to breed it with a male pokemon (dunsparce, dugtrio etc) that knew Ancient Power, This would mean training a Dunsparce to Lv41 (when it learns AncientPower), then training the newly hatched Swinub with Ancient Power to Lv36, I decided to catch a Marowak at the Safari Zone instead and put it in the daycare until it reached about level 33-35, it started off at Lv17 and has grown 8 levels so far (Level 25), i'm cycling up and down Goldenrod City (From the Daycare Centre, right to the top at the gate at the exit of the city and back down again, i'm going to repeat this until Marowak is strong enough to battle pokemon on his own (might leave him there until level 34).

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv36
    Houndoom Lv36
    Gengar Lv36
    Magnezone Lv36
    Marowak Lv25

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Just completley destroyed Brock for the second time in the Saffron Dojo with Bellossom and Politoed. This is GREAT experience!

Just beat Misty. Somehow her SLEEPING Miloctic used Ice Beam...?

Just beat Surge. He was harder because each Pokemon he had would have 1 HP left after an earthquake so they were able to get a few hits in. And he kept un using Full Restores on Raichu.

Last edited:

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Beat the first gym and got both of my pokemon up to lv13 this is how it looks at the moment..

-Chickorita Lv13
    -Ekans Lv13
    -Egg

Currently on Route 32

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Erika was easier than Surge. All of her Pokemon fell either to Typhlosion's Flamethrower, Politoed's Ice Beam, or Togekiss' Psychic.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    If you traded Drowzee for Machop in Goldenrod, and kept it in your party, you could have taught it Earthquake like I did and easily defeat Lt. Surge, the lightning American. ^_^

I'm leveling up my Smoochum and Vaporeon on Route 45. I'm battling a Buizel that I hope to capture.

Oh, I'm talking about the rematches. Surge was fairly easy the first time, and he was the second too. He was just not as easy as the other rematches.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    ok, well my i accidentally dropped my ds while playing ss and corrupted the data. great.

So starting over, I chose Cyndaquil. On my way to Falkner and the Sprout Tower now

TEAM

Cyndaquil LV. 5
    -Tackle
    -Leer

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Saved Brock and Misty for the last gym battles. Very much enjoyed the the first two gyms provided a good challenge.

I tried to sweep Brock with only Primeape and Aggron and totaly lost, had to add amphaross.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    i stared of with a shiny totodile

Lucky or traded over?

Anyways, my Bellossom just tripped some fat seals and mammoths, and got herself to level 63! (aka I just defeated Pryce and Bellossom and my whole team are now level 63)

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    ok i purchased soul silver today as it came out.
    - started with totodile
    -traded over a lvl 1 charmander from diamond
    -captured lvl 3 bellsprout
    -beat all the people in the tower
    -captured lvl 6 mareep

current pokemon are:
    -lvl 13 totodile
    -lvl 13 charmander
    -lvl 10 bellsprout
    -lvl 6 mareep

im training all of them to lvl 14 before i take on the first gym leader, i know i can beat him now but thats the way i like to play my pokemon games, have all my pokekom at equal level and at least 2 levels higher than the gym leaders pokemon, takes time but its worth it at the end.

my plans on my final team would be
    - feraligatr
    -charizard
    -victreebell
    -ampharos
    - either dragonite or aerodactly (which one? im thinking dragonite so it can cover some weaknesses an it could learn thunder which will cover for an electric type, not sure yet.)
    - also not sure on this one, was thinking something like houndoom, ursaring, crobat or umbreon, anything really, any sugestions?

For your final pokemon you could use Sneasel as it is a dual Dark/Ice type

Progess Update: Reached Blackthorn City, did a bit of training on route 46, going to battle the trainers in the gym and then possibly the gym leader if my pokemon are at a good enough level.

My Team;

Feraligatr Lv37
    Houndoom Lv36
    Magnezone Lv37
    Gengar Lv36
    Marowak Lv37

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2020
    Japanese SoulSilver:

Today -
    Got Shiny Pikachu from an old Emerald file up to Lv. 100!
    GTS - Got a Shiny German Machop (Machollo) from GTS for a Glalie.
    Currently training Drapion Lv. 48.

Roserader

Metro Elite
    Years
    Just used 10 ultra balls to capture moltres and decided to give Mewtwo a try. I used 6 repels, 5 ultra balls, a level 55 Roserade, and a level 49 Kriketune and caught said Level 70 Mewtwo. I'm going after Lugia now.

Back