• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Once again, a sleeping Pokemon attacked me... Anyways I just beat Whitney for the second time.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2011
    Grinded all Pokemon to Level 45+, including the now-Piloswine. Seeing if I can grind my Level 22 Eeevee before my regular team - Feraligatr, Piloswine, Togetic, Arcanine, and Haunter - reach Level 50. To do before the elite 4 - training Pokemon to Level 50 (and if possible, the Eeevee/Espeon it is to be), evolve Haunter via trade.

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Ok, so I got through Sprout Tower, wasting the escape rope to go back and heal for Sage Li.
    Going back all the way up and down again is definitely worth training Pokemon.

Training a bit for Falkner now.

TEAM

Mareep LV.8
    -Tackle
    -Growl

Gastly LV.9
    -Hypnosis
    -Lick
    -Spite
    -Mean Look

Cyndaquil LV.11
    -Tackle
    -Leer
    -SmokeScreen
    -Ember

Hoothoot LV.8
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -Foresight
    -Hypnosis

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Just beaten Clair and got the 8th badge, I will catch Lugia tomorrow then head to the E4

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv38
    Houndoom Lv37
    Gengar Lv38
    Magnezone Lv38
    Marowak Lv37

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Currently with 7 badges, my team atm.

Typlosion - lvl 43
    Alakazam - lvl 45
    Swinub - Lvl 1
    Scizor - lvl 1
    Charizard - lvl 50 (HM Slave)
    Blastoise - lvl 45 (HM Slave)

just got done breeding a Adamant Scyther with Technician with good atk Iv's, and my
    Swinub Modest with good Sp atk Iv's.
    So I my main priority is to get my swinub up to like 45-50 and make it be a Mamoswine for Claire/Lance.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Some major events:

- Got Extremespeed Dratini
    - Beat entire E4 relatively easily. Lance was a lot easier than I thought he'd be.
    - Got National Dex.
    - Got first place in the Bug Catching Contest with a Level 36 Nincada.
    - Just started using Sinnoh Sound; caught a Buizel and am now in battle with a Bidoof. ;D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Grinding my team to level 70 then 75 then 80 by rebattling the Gym Leaders. (Made a lot quicker by chaning clock and date settings on DS ^^)

Already got Bellossom to level 70 by OHKO'ing Brock's team multiple times. Now to do the same for Typhlosion with Erika's team.

If you are looking for a good place to train post Blue, consider Gym Leader Rematches + Constatnly changing time settings on DS ^^

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Beat Falkner with my Mareep's Thundershock. (2 hits for Pidgeotto!)

Traded over my event Shiny Pichu for later. Too bad I can't use it yet.

Caught a Geodude solely for the purpose of Rock Smash, but I've decided I'm going to train it.

TEAM

Togepi LV.9
    -Growl
    -Charm
    -Extrasensory
    -Metronome

Hoothoot LV.9
    -Tackle
    -Roost
    -Peck
    -Hypnosis

Gastly LV.10
    -Hypnosis
    -Lick
    -Spite
    -Mean Look

Cyndaquil LV.12
    -Tackle
    -Leer
    -SmokeScreen
    -Ember

Geodude LV.6
    -Tackle
    -Defense Curl
    -Rock Smash
    -Rock Tomb

Mareep LV.12
    -Tackle
    -Growl
    -ThunderShock

Ayselipera

So two days ago I defeated the whole Elite Four and I was so excited to go face all of Kanto. Once I got in Kanto though I was extremely bored. So I just went and defeated all the gym leaders in a row. At this point I've pretty much finished the whole game the only real events I have left is to catch Ho - oh and face Red.

I'm really saddened by how bored I am though. I thought getting to Kanto would mean I would be entertained for a few more days. Part of me thinks it might be my team. In the end I got really bored of all my main six Pokemon besides Forretress.

I sort of want to restart my game, but I need to get a couple Sinnoh Pokemon in Soul Silver and transfer them over to Diamond. (It's my mass storage game.) So I'm going to spend a few more days with the team I have and then possibly restart the game. The only other possibility is that I might be getting Heart Gold as an Easter present. In that case I'll just transfer Pokemon from my Soul Silver later and play Heart Gold in the meantime.

One thing that I have discovered through playing Soul Silver is that I actually like Ho-Oh and the game Heart Gold a lot better. I think I tried to convince myself that Soul Silver was the better game because that was what everyone else was getting. I'm really glad though that I know which Pokemon I like better (Lugia and Ho-Oh) For a while I was so undecided and I like having a clear response when someone asks me my opinion.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    So two days ago I defeated the whole Elite Four and I was so excited to go face all of Kanto. Once I got in Kanto though I was extremely bored. So I just went and defeated all the gym leaders in a row. At this point I've pretty much finished the whole game the only real events I have left is to catch Ho - oh and face Red.

I'm really saddened by how bored I am though. I thought getting to Kanto would mean I would be entertained for a few more days. Part of me thinks it might be my team. In the end I got really bored of all my main six Pokemon besides Forretress.

I sort of want to restart my game, but I need to get a couple Sinnoh Pokemon in Soul Silver and transfer them over to Diamond. (It's my mass storage game.) So I'm going to spend a few more days with the team I have and then possibly restart the game. The only other possibility is that I might be getting Heart Gold as an Easter present. In that case I'll just transfer Pokemon from my Soul Silver later and play Heart Gold in the meantime.

One thing that I have discovered through playing Soul Silver is that I actually like Ho-Oh and the game Heart Gold a lot better. I think I tried to convince myself that Soul Silver was the better game because that was what everyone else was getting. I'm really glad though that I know which Pokemon I like better (Lugia and Ho-Oh) For a while I was so undecided and I like having a clear response when someone asks me my opinion.
    You get presents for Easter besides candy? The hell? D:

I just finished catching all Sinnoh Sound Pokemon because I cant sleep.

For some reason Meditite appears with it. :|

Ayselipera

You get presents for Easter besides candy? The hell? D:

I just finished catching all Sinnoh Sound Pokemon because I cant sleep.

For some reason Meditite appears with it. :|

Yeah just one present. Usually it's nothing that amazing.

Do you mean Meditite is in Heart Gold?

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • I got all 16 badges, and I'm at the gateway towards Mt. Silver. I kicked Blue's team with a level 67 Feraligatr and level 66 everything else. Zutori fainted though (but according to my fanfics, he's a jerk cause...yah.)

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
    Years
  • Just caught a shiny tanglela :o
    First shiny I saw wild in hgss, took about 10 - 20 ultra balls to catch it.
    Now just need to copy it through pokewalker

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • Caught Entei, working on Raiku. Roaming jerks, "Why don't you go to your home!'

I'm going to finish the pokedex... out of spite. :rambo:

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • got bored with grinding, so i decide to open my old save file for some fun, i shocked because its haven't beat Red yet...so im gonna train these team :

Meganium
    Arcanine
    Dragonite
    Tyranitar
    Ampharos
    Gyarados

all of 'em are lvl. 55 which mean they're not ready for Red yet :B

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
  • Going to battle the Kimono Girls in Ecruteak City, I decided to replace Marowak with a Swinub from pokemon Platinum, I used pokesav to add AncientPower to it's moveset so it will evolve into Mamoswine (traded it across at level 37)

My Team:

Feraligatr Lv38
    Houndoom Lv37
    Gengar Lv38
    Magnezone Lv38
    Piloswine Lv38 (evolved when I levelled it up near Blackthorn City)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Well yesterad was a good day in the Pokemon world. I leveled all of my level 60 team to level 70 fairly easy through rebattling gym leaders. I'm going to do the same, get them to level 75 then level 80. Togekiss is a good leveler; way easier than the rest of my team.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    SS Entry #3

* Found I did save AFTER catching Timid Abra **PHEW!!**
    * Went through Ilex Forest, and then Route 34, avoiding Trainers
    * Caught 10 Ditto and gave them names of their Nature (i.e. Lonely Ditto is named LONELY) for easy breeding purposes
    * Bred for new Lonely Wooper and Lonely Doduo
    * Went back to Route 32 and EV trained for Atk, SAtk, and Spd
    * Sent Abra and Wooper out on strolls to level up, Abra evolved into Kadabra
    * Went back to Goldenrod and named new Woooper - Thumper, new Doduo - Trio, and Kadabra - Psycho
    * Traded Drowzee for female Machop named Muscle
    * Traveled back to Route 32 and EV trained for Atk and then Underground Path for Spd
    * Raised Muscle to Lv16
    * Went to Radio Tower, took quiz, got card, and sent Whitney to her gym
    * Entered Goldenrod Gym, battled trainers with Thumper then Trio then Thumper then Psycho and got to Whitney
    * Battled Whitney with Muscle and won easily, thinking I was underleveled enough to make it a challenge

Current Team
    Lv 17 Thumper (Lonely female Wooper)
    Lv 18 Trio (Lonely female Doduo)
    Lv 16 Psycho (Timid male Kadabra)
    Lv 18 Muscle (Lonely female Machop)
    Lv 14 Geodude (HM SLAVE)
    Lv 9 Bellsprout (HM SLAVE)

Just waiting to pick up my Eevee soon so I can breed it to have Wish and then evolve it in Umbreon. As I don't use items during battle, this will be a great addition to my team, replacing Muscle.

SS Entry #4

* Put Eevee in DCC with Careful Ditto and bred for female Careful Eevee
    * Friend traded over male Wish Eevee and then bred with female to get female Wish Eevee
    * Rode bike from Route 34 through Goldenrod City to Route 35 until both Eevee leveled up to Lv36 and learned Baton Pass
    * Bred them both to get female Careful WishPass Eevee
    * Fought Drowzee with Eevee in the lead to gain Exp Points and earn SDef EVs
    * Thumper (Wooper) evolved into Quagsire
    * Sent Eevee on a stroll in the Noisy Forest to gain Happiness
    * Finally got the hang of Voltorb Flip and won 13,213 coins
    * Bought Substitute for Eevee and Ice Beam for Thumper
    * Entered the Burned Tower, listen to some guy profess an unhealthy obsession with a Pokemon, beat down a few trainers, found a few Legendary dogs, one of them gave me the evil eye
    * Entered the Ecruteak Gym and thrashed the trainers with Trio (Doduo) and Psycho (Alakazam)
    * Faced off against Morty and easily took down Gastly with Psycho, Haunter met the same fate, Psycho leveled up to Lv24 and learned Psybeam, hit Gengar hard but not hard enough and Psycho went down to Shadow Ball, Trio came out was immediately put to sleep, brought Thumper out and survived a Shadow Ball and KO'd Gengar with Surf, Haunter took down Thumper, brought out sleeping Trio to take a Sucker Punch which woke it up and hit Haunter with Pursuit at which time Haunter did Curse and KO'd itself

Current Team
    Lv22 Thumper (female Lonely Quagsire)
    Lv24 Psycho (male Timid Alakazam)
    Lv23 Trio (female Lonely Doduo)
    Lv13 Eevee (female Careful Eevee)
    Lv15 Geodude (HM SLAVE)
    Lv9 Bellsprout (HM SLAVE)

My focus now is to evolve Eevee in Umbreon and then head out to Olivine City. I could have really used Umbreon against Morty as Psycho was my first Pokemon to faint against an opponent. It will be a challenge to keep my levels below that of the next few gyms though.

HirakuNoShadow

Au contraire mon frère.
    Years
  • Nothing much, but recently:
    .Finally caught a Suicune with Modest Nature, 28/14/27/31/28/30 IVs after a million soft resets and despair.
    .My first attempt on Red Gyarados had an Adamant nature, with 31 IVs on HP, Attack and Speed O:
    .Some random trainer from Battle Tower had a damned shiny Garchomp - FML.
    .Game crashed after steamrolling through 4 Kanto gyms ):
    .Taught my Typhlosion eruption
    .Caught a Ho-Oh with Adamant nature + IVs which I forgot except 31 in Attack after million soft reset and facepalms
    .Failed to get Tyrogue because I had no slot for it
    .About to get murdered by Mewtwo
    .About to get [highlight to view spoiler :P] raped by Lance + Clair at the Dragon Den because my rival was being a sexist and didn't want to partner with Clair ):

Back