• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Gaspar

No Hacks
    Years
    Just caught me my first ever Miltank, and it was a lot tougher than I thought. I intially used Flaffy to get her HP down then brought in my Skiploom to put her to sleep, then she healed herself (Milk Drink). So I kept trying to get her HP down to red and putting her to sleep using Sleep Powder. But she either a) healed herself b) resisted my Sleep Powder, I eventually after using all my other Pokeballs (including the Ultra Ball I picked up from one of the routes) caught my first Miltank.... using a Lure Ball.

I can now see why everyone likes this Poke.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Seco's Pokemon HeartGold Adventure : A Romanian in Johto !

After a big struggle of finding the game, I got it from my local shop . My EU HeartGold is already burning as I made a bunch of progress !

===========================================================
    IN-GAME PROGRESS
    ===========================================================

Got the game yesterday and played like crazy !
    Just a few minutes ago, I beat the Stamina PokeAthlon Course ! This is one great addition and is realy entertaining !
    The most troubling GymLeader was, of course, Whitney . I hardly managed to beat her with Confusion and Yawn from Slowpoke . I ended up paralyzing with Flaafy and then Confusing again with Slowpoke .
    What was most annoying is that, at this point, she kept using Milk Drink and did not let me fight . The two Super Potions were also used quickly, as I got the HP in the red zone a lot .
    Then, I got a crit. Headbutt with Slowpoke and that ended the match . ;)
    Now I am headed towards Ecruteak ... I am worried about Morty ...

================================================
    GAME STATS
    ================================================
    Name : Seco
    Pokedex : Seen - 60 ; Obtained - 19
    Hours Clocked : 7:48
    Current Location : PokeAthlon Dome
    Pokemon Team :

Pidgeotto Lv. 18 Male
    Moves :
    Gust ; Quick Attack ; U-Turn ; Sand Attack
    Ability : Tangled Feet

Slowpoke Lv. 19 Female (happy April Fools day, SPC !)
    Moves :
    Water Gun ; Confusion ; Headbutt ; Yawn
    Ability : Own Tempo

Flaaffy Lv. 19 Male
    Moves :
    Thunder Shock ; Tackle ; Thunder Wave ; Growl
    Ability : Static

Quilava Lv. 19 Male
    Moves :
    Ember ; Quick Attack ; SmokeScreen ; Tackle
    Ability : Blaze
    ===============================================================
    NOTES

I don't really care about natures and such . My Quilava and Flaaffy are both Docile, but they are still good .
    I said I'll play slow, but I epicly fail ... -_- this game is entertaining and I have SpringBreak next week . I'll be in touch with you guys, got a laptop ! ;)

POKEWALKER STATS

A Togepi is in its stroll right now . Only done 200 steps or such, 'cause I only walked through the house . I'll make more steps later today .

Total Step Number : 4003
    Watts : -to be updated later-

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

End of Update No. 1 .

Years
    Trained my entire team to Lv 65, except for Thyplosion, who is Lv 70, and Ampharos, who is 60... Gonna replace poor Ampharos with a modest Zapdos that I just caught with a great ball... I'm gonna miss her. D:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just defeated Blue at the fighting Dojo, i'm going to attempt Red again when my DSi has charged (can't play it while charging as the cable isn't quite long enough to reach to where i'm sitting)

Feraligatr Lv70
    Houndoom Lv69
    Magnezone Lv68
    Gengar Lv69
    Mamoswine Lv75
    Lugia Lv68

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Finally defeated Red after about a week of training, it was a really tough battle and took me 18 minutes to finish, I almost lost to Venusaur too which was Red's final pokemon (ended up with us both having 1 pokemon each)

My Team hasn't changed from my previous post

Black Dunsparce

Black is better!
    Years
    Beaten the Elite Four and evolved my Togetic into a Togekiss. Now all I need to do is evolve my Misdreavus into a Mismagius. Than its off to Kanto! 8D

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    I am so much into the pokeathlon that my pokémon are a bit ...underlevelled. Most of them are Level 34. and I have visited Blackthorne already.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 15, 2018
    In my HeartGold version I just did the Shinto Ruins event with Arceus and managed to get myself a Jolly Giratina on my first try. Will be doing the Shiny Pichu even next, and then capturing the Legendary Dogs.

R0ll3r

Diamond Player
    Years
    Just completed the Pokemon League Challenge today. It turns out a LV 64 Tauros is actually pretty good. Moving in to the Kanto region now, going to face Mewtwo by the end of the night :) (Hopefully)

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    I Just beat Red and got all the Unknowns. I caught Ho-oh (I'm SS). Beat the 2nd Round E4. I caught Latios and all of the Dogs. I'm trying to find out where the Birds are

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Spoiler:

My Journey Through Johto:
    Journal Entry 1 : Starting my Journey!

[New Bark Town] Today I began my jorney. Someday I wish to be like Chuck - or even Bruno of the Elite Four, both Fighting-type Pokemon masters. I wonder if I will ever meet them... I might not even get that far. When I woke up I went down stairs and my mother gave me a brand new bag, trainer card, and this journal. Here is what my trainer card looks like:

I can't wait to update my trainer card later with my badges and my Pokemon! I rushed over to Elm's lab just in time. I picked a Pokemon called Totodile. Elm told me to go to Mr. Pokemon's house to pick up something that he discovered. My trainer card automatically updated with a picture of a Totodile.

Recieved a Totodile (Male) from Prof. Elm!

On my way out of the Labratory I saw my neighbor Lyra and her Marill. She told me I should tell my mom that I'm about to start my jorney, so that is exactly what I did.

As I walked in, my mother gave me my Pokegear that had been in the repair shop the past week or so. I can finally call my friends now! Before I left town, I called my friend from the wintery Sinnoh. He told me that everything was going great over there and that he would hook me up with some strong fighting type Pokemon because he knew that they were hard to find in Johto - thank goodness! He said that first I need to buy some Poke Balls and catch some Pokemon to trade to him.

On my way out of the town, I ran into a red-headed boy who wasn't exactly nice. Before I even stepped onto the route, Elm came out of the lab and gave me his phone number.

[Route 29] On Route 29 I ran into some Pokemon, but didn't have any Poke Balls to catch them with. There were some tall bushes that I couldn't make my way through so I had to go the long way. Luckily, I didn't run into any strong trainers.

[Cherrygrove City] Once I walked into Cherrygrove, an old man stopped me and gave me a tour of the city - how nice! He showed me the PokeCeter, PokeMart, the route towards Mr. Pokemon's house, the sea, and finally his house. Once the tour was over, the man was kind and gave me a pair of Running Shoes and the Map Card for my PokeGear!

I then entered the PokeMart only to be told that I couldn't buy Poke Balls yet.. Maybe next time. After healing my Totodile, I went on Route 30 to Mr. Pokemon's house.

[Route 30] On Route 30, I went into the first house I saw, only to find out that it wasn't Mr. Pokemon's house. Kindly, the man inside gave me directions to Mr. Pokemon's house, and an Apricorn Box so I can store apricorns. As I kept on running, the road split. To the left was a path blocked by some trainers battling, so I was forced to go right.

I walked into Mr. Pokemon's house and was greeted by Mr. Pokemon himself. He gave me the Mystery Egg that I was coming to pick up for Prof. Elm. Also in the house was the infamous Professor Oak, who aided the strongesr trainer in the world - Red - on his journey. He entrusted me with his invention, the PokeDex. He also registered himself in my PokeGear.

End of Entry 1

The Journey Through Johto:
    Journal Entry 2 : The Zephyr Badge

[Cherrygrove City] On my way out of Mr. Pokemon's house, Elm called me. He was frantic - there had been some kind of emergency and he needed me - quick! I ran as fast as I could to Cherrygrove and was stopped by the mysterious trainer I saw back at Elm's lab - who challenged me to a battle! He had one of Elm's Pokemon. Could it be that it was stolen...?​

Rival Battle 1:
    Totodile vs. Chikorita
    Chikorita fainted!
    Win!​

[Route 29] I beat the boy by a fraction, then rushed back to New Bark Town.​

[New Bark Town] I got to New Bark Town then ran into the lab. A policeman was there and explained the robery. He thought that I had done it! Luckily, Lyra convinced him that it wasn't me, but a red-haired boy - the one that I saw on my way to Route 29! The policeman asked for his name, which I had read on his trainer card - Silver. Hopefully the policeman will find him. Once the policeman and Lyra left, I gave Elm the egg. Elm saw my PokeDex and told me to take on the Pokemon Gym Challenge. I went to go tell my mom about my choice to take the Challenge. She offered to save my money, so I let her do so.​

[Route 29] Lyra was playing in Route 29, and showed me how to catch Pokemon, then gave me 5 Poke Balls! I spent some time catching some Pokemon to trade to my friend in Sinnoh.​

Caught a Sentret (Female) on Route 29!
    Caught a Sentret (Female) on Route 29!
    Caught a Pidgey (Female) on Route 29!
    Caught a Pidgey (Male) on Route 29!
    Caught a Pidgey (Male) on Route 29!

[Cherrygrove City] Since I used all of my Poke Balls, I decided to buy five more in Cherrygrove. Then I went into the PokeCenter to heal. I called my buddy from Sinnoh, and he said that he could trade right away. I entered the Union Room and saw my friend waiting. I went over and talked to him so we could trade. I traded over my whole team for 5 eggs and a Pokemon he called an 'HM Slave'.​

Recieved an Egg from Sinnoh Trainer!
    Recieved a Dragonite (Female) from Sinnoh Trainer!

My friend said that he would take extra good care of my Pokemon that I traded to him. He wouldn't tell me what Pokemon were in the eggs so that I would have to get some exercise for them to hatch. After the trade, I exited the Union room then ran around Cherrygrove to hatch the eggs.​

Oh? Shroomish (Female) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Shroomish Ori!
    Oh? Torchic (Male) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Torchic Tikki!
    Oh? Poliwag (Female) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Poliwag Rikki!
    Oh? Ralts (Male) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Ralts Tavi!
    Oh? Heracross (Female) Hatched From the Egg! Nicknamed Heracross Kipling!

[Route 30] Right now I'm training my team. Did you know that when Pokemon hatch they are only level 1? Well, I didn't! So now I have to train, train, train!​

There is no more writing.
    TO BE CONTINUED

Spoiler:

Last edited:

^.hydro

Missingno's Homie
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Trained my entire team to Lv 65, except for Thyplosion, who is Lv 70, and Ampharos, who is 60... Gonna replace poor Ampharos with a modest Zapdos that I just caught with a great ball... I'm gonna miss her. D:

How did you make your Sig Pic? "Team " " "

Years
    I went into Union Cave and caught Lapras with a Dusk Ball. I used a Rare Candy on Larvitar and it evolved into Pupitar. I decided to keep it in the Day Care longer until it's close to evolve into Tyranitar. I know that's going to take a while.

I'm in the Pokeathlon to get more points and buy some goods at the Athlete Shop.

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    I've been expireminting with the cinawood safari zone area customizer. got a good haul:

Ryhorn
    Sandshrew
    Jigglypuff
    grimer
    ekans
    wooper
    doduo
    smergale
    poliwag
    sunkern
    and Tauros

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    Playing Soulsilver, trying to catch a Ledyba by headbutting trees. It really is not working. o_o But anyway, I trained my team up some, and I've been stockpiling the Gym Leaders. I'm ready to fight about 7 Gym Leaders today.

Also, earlier, I caught a Scyther and won the Bug Catching Contest. It seems that I never lose these things. Although, the Scyther was Calm natured. -_-

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
    Okay, so I had a GREAT Poke'Day today. :3

Alright, so, the day starts out as battling Brock to get the Boulder badge, since didn't have any of the Kanto gym badges yet.

Throughout the course of the day I spent HOURS beating each and every Kanto gym leader, and beefing up my Pokemon. They're now solid Early Fifties to Sixty leveled.

So after Blue's battle, Oak calls me to get my present. I head over to Pallette Town and recieve it.
    I check my Poke'Mon, who are still beat because I forgot to heal them. XD

I look through thier summaries quickly, and as I'm closing them, I catch something in my eye on my Nidoqueen.

....Poke'rus?!

It seems my Typhlosion, Nidoqueen, and Lanturn all had contracted the viris inbetween the short block of time when I healed my Poke'mon for the gym battle, and getting to Pallet Town.

So I go mad hound and start infecting the rest of my Poke'mon. I catch a nice Tangela near Mt. Silver, and make it breed with my Ditto.
    I now have a Level One infected Tangela, who will grow up to be a Beastly Tangrowth someday thanks to this helpful viris.
    And Hopefully, I'll be able to devise up a way to forever keep this viris for later Poke'mon usage.

(Though I think I reas something about how left in the Box will keep and spread the Viris, no?)

Back