• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

loliwin

→ Level 69
    Years
    Okay......where do I start?

I went to Celadon City to do some Voltorb flipping and to shop at the Department store for the greater good of my Heracrosses.

There was STILL the man who was looking at the women. That dude knows coolness.

So I went to Saffron City and went into the Gym. Took me forever to go through the gym, but I finally reach Sabrina. :3 I dig her new update.

pwnd her and now im going to Fuchsia City.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Just outside the second gym.

Level 18
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - ThunderShock
    - Thunder Wave

Level 14
    - Poison Sting
    - String Shot
    - Leech Life
    - Constrict

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    After 2 days of grinding, I think I'll take a crack at the E4.

Feraligatr lvl 42
    avalance
    waterfall
    surf
    dragon claw

Bellossom lvl 41
    Magical leaf
    sunny day
    drain punch
    leaf blade

Scizor lvl 42
    X-scissor
    agility
    aerial ace
    bullet punch

Magmar lvl 41
    Fire punch
    confuse ray
    iron tail
    flamethrower

Pupitar lvl 41
    Earthquake
    crunch
    rock slide
    sandstorm

Espeon lvl 41
    Psybeam
    reflect
    shadow ball
    swift

The Darkest Gale

Welcome to my life
    Years
    I finally made it out of icy path and made it to blackthorn city where I challenged the gym leader and well I kind of failed. got some training to do still. oh well at least I made some progress...
    current team

Furret lv 29
    Pidgeotto lv 28
    Gyrados lv 37
    Typhlosion lv 42
    Stantler lv 27
    Jumpluff lv 33

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Ah, what a day! I know I say this every day, but each morning is the beginning of a new adventure for me and my team!

We started by doing a little training through the Viridian Forest, where I got Bugsy's number last night. I took on all the bug catchers and completely destroyed them. Then we arrived in Pewter! I walked around for a bit with Toty, my dear Feraligatr, as we took in the sights and sounds of this familiar city, even more beautiful than I've ever known!

And of course, why else would one travel the towns if not for the challenge of a new gym? Brock of Pewter certainly bigged himself up, but his gym type meant he was at a disadvantage here.

He started with Graveler, who was easily taken care of by Toty's Surf. The same was said for Rhyhorn, although at this point Toty got a little too low on health for my liking, so I switched to my little surprise, Starrie, my Ampharos. Yes, that's right, I sent out an Electric type against a Rock/Ground type. That was my surprise: Rock Smash! It worked really well as I was high levelled, so in two turns (plus one healing turn), Rhyhorn was done. Brock sent out Onix, his strongest Pokemon, so I switched back to Toty and defeated him with a single Surf. Next was Kabutops, and I'll be honest here, I didn't remember that Kabutops was half-Water type, so I used two Surfs and a Waterfall to beat him. Finally, Omastar, who I did remember as a part-Water-type, so I sent out Starrie and Discharge defeated Brock!

Then, I battled my way up to the entrance to Mt. Moon but at that point, I got a rematch call, and remembered two I had gotten previously, so I took them on, and then headed to Celadon to take on Erika as my Vulpix was in need of a little training. Basically, all you have to know is, Flamethrower, Flamethrower, Flamethrower. Rinse and repeat as necessary. She was easily taken care of.

My team is currently:
    Toty | Feraligatr | ♂ | Lv. 55
    Pidge | Pidgeot | ♂ | Lv. 55
    Starrie | Ampharos | ♂ | Lv. 55
    Vully | Vulpix | ♀ | Lv. 56
    Teddy | Ursaring | ♀ | Lv. 54
    Snesee | Sneasel | ♀ | Lv. 53

On a side note, I've started EVing a Poliwag (mainly in Sp.Atk, as Water is Special) with the intention on raising a Politoed. He is affectionately named Poltaro, just like Gold's. ~♪

Years
    SoulSilver Update:

I decided to take my Crobat out of the team and it is now at Level 41.

HeartGold Update:

I was very excited when Asami my Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot! I went to Cianwood City and defeated Gym Leader Chuck. After that I went to Olivine City and challenged Jasmine. That was a very close match!

Next it is Mahogany Town and on to the Lake of Rage!

Kon~

Years
    OK, so my Poltaro is struggling a little... using Bulbapedia to look for EV training spots, I'm in the Ilex Forest trying to take on Oddish to boost his Sp.Atk, and when he's a little stronger, Mareep, who also boosts it. Only thing is, he's Water type, and therefore weak to Grass and Electricity... >.<

And my main team is getting psyched in preparation for entering Mt Moon and taking on Silver! Again, my rival and I, locked in the heat of battle! I get so excited!

... so many beautiful Pokemon... *slowly entering Ruby mode*

Kavii

forever my furret
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2015
    So.

I decided to give my team a bit of a break from fight-fight-fighting to have some fun at the Pokeathlon.

The friendship in my group is almost insane and together - even without any Aprijuice, we're about to break the 10th and last event record! We already broke nine of them - just one more to go!

Pennant Capture just drives us all insane it seems without any regard to how well we work together. We can get first place, but we still can't beat the record. I guess it really does all come down to how many times you can headbutt an opponent to take their flags to minimize how much we have to run around to get our own flags.

We'll see.

We're going to give it a last shot and see what we can pull together.

Together, we can do it!

SCV058

The Able Vet
    Years
    Just defeated Red.
    Final Team-

Nidoking LV. 65 @ Sitrus Berry
    [Double Kick] [Megahorn] [Poison Jab] [Earthquake]

Dragonite LV. 66 @ Lum Berry
    [Extremespeed] [Fire Blast] [Outrage] [Fly]

Weavile LV. 65 @ Choice Band
    [Ice Shard] [False Swipe] [Night Slash] [Metal Claw]

Typhlosion LV. 65 @ Choice Specs
    [Eruption] [Flamethrower] [Focus Blast] [Rock Climb]

Ampharos LV. 66 @ Zap Plate
    [Focus Blast] [Light Screen] [Discharge] [Signal Beam]

Blastoise LV. 70 @ Leftovers
    [Focus Blast] [Surf] [Brine] [Blizzard]

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    DARN ME AND MY RESTARTING HABITS!!!

Ahem.

I restarted with Chikorita to perfect my team earlier on and get any Pokemon or items I missed before. An I also just like the beginning of the game, it feels so new and exciting!

+Started with a Docile male Chikorita
    +Caught a female Pidgey
    +Caught a male Mareep
    +Wiped out Sprout Tower
    +DESTROYED Falkner with Mareep
    +On my way to Azalea Town

Last edited:

Kon~

Years
    EV training going not so well... heh... Poor Poltaro...

But on a "regular" training note, we beat Silver by miles in Mt Moon! Seriously, every one of his Pokemon is weak to one of mine, but just to mix it up a bit, I made sure that every one of my team goes up against one of his. So he started with Sneasel, and I started with Vulpix, who's Flamethrower melted his ice. His Golbat found some problem with Ampharos, as Starrie's Discharge really did a number on him. Next was Alakazam, who got beaten by Ursaring with Faint Attack. He sent out Meganium, and Pidgeot beat it with Fly and Wing Attack. For Gengar, I sent out Feraligatr, who used mainly Water moves, using power more than advantage at this point. Then finally Magneton. I tried Sneasel, but she only knows physical moves, so I'll admit to switching to Vulpix halfway through.

Ah well. It was still a victory for me! Pwahah!

jmd34

<---- Ibanez RG320PG-P3
    Years
    So , Yesterday I defeated lance !! :) With this Team :

Ursaring level 41
    Feraligatr Level 44
    Dragonair level 39
    Ampharos level 43
    Growlithe level 44

And now , I have caught a skorupi in the safari zone using the blocks , and I trained my team around in kanto with the trainers/ trainer rematches now here's what my team looks Like

Buggie/Drapion
    Level 50

Spark/Ampharos
    Level 50

Aqua/Feraligatr
    Level 49

Torch/Arcanine
    Level 49

Teddy/Ursaring ;) Kon , Our URsaring have same Nickname , mine is female/Adamant , what's yours?
    Level 50

Draco/Dragonair
    Level 50

I'll be challenging some Kanto Gyms When my team will be around 55 !!

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    Training my Slowpoke for a while until it's LV. 15 like the rest of my team. I plan to evolve it later into Slowking (even though it's female...Slowqueen?)

My team I wish to have by the E4:

Meganium
    Piloswine
    Pidgeot
    Poliwrath
    Scyther
    Slowking

MudkipManiac

U herd I leik Mudkips?
    Years
    I just returned the stolen generator part and beat Misty. I hiked all the way south to Fuchsia. On the way, I saw Sucuine on the waters edge. It skidded off just as Eusaine appeared. He said it's up north near a coastal mountain. I continued south to Fuchsia so I can go there anytime without the hike because my goldbat knows fly. Then just as I arrive, the day care calls me saying that snaorlax and ditto had a baby. Munchlax is on its way. But before that, i'm gonn a go see if
    I can catch sucuine as a shiny by resetin. ;)

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
    So, on Soul Silver:

+Beat Bugsy by poisoning his Scyther
    +Beat Silver easily
    +Caught Rattata as an HM slave
    +Made my way through Ilex Forest
    +Caught a Ditto
    +Traded my brothers' Quilava and Croconaw over and bred them for my own Cyndaquil and Totodile
    +I now have all three Johto starters =D
    +Training for Whitney's Gym

My team is in my sig.

Last edited:

Black Dunsparce

Black is better!
    Years
    Just caught me Suicune and Zapdos with Ultra Balls. Before that I got some gym leaders phone numbers and did the double-match with Silver against Lance and Clair.

Archina

<- will eat your face off.
    Years
    The story

well a few things i can say really.

first off, johto has too many nice pkmn to start off with XD (to catch)

secondly, memory needs to kick in a bit at the start. so i may miss things.

and thirdly..

-started the game
    -name character Archina
    -got a chicorita (i like challenges)
    nicknamed it Zebra
    -beat rival easily
    -named rival Sevura
    -caught a pidgey
    nicknamed it Turtle
    =completed 1st gym battle (was quite easy)
    -caught a ghastly
    nicknamed it MuthaInLaw
    =beat 2nd gym leader (it was so easy it was funny)
    -caught a mareep
    nicknamed it Cucumber
    -the togepi hatched from the egg
    nicknamed it Model 1887
    -lost to whitney
    -beat 3rd gym leader (i hate miltank)

thats all ill post for now but

my first entry into the hall of fail

lv39 meganium
    lv44 gyarados
    lv30 graveler
    lv51 ho-oh