• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Dudypokefan89

Gen II fanboy / Loving Nidoking rn
    Years
    I'm Trying to beat misty. after wandering around kanto beating gym leaders, i finally go to the power plant getting ready for Zapdos....i open the door and? its up and running? [must be getting old! don't remember this!] then i finish up with the team rocket guy and now, i just have zero luck. I imported the 3 legendary birds and a snorlax and Ivysaur, that evolved. i STILL had no chance! Misty wupped my butt! and now i have to teach my Amparos[Shepard] some new moves to save the team from another wupping!

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Currently have 15 Kanto Badges, have lost twice to blue so far, I guess I better train a little bit more (he's machamp seems to mess up my team, keeps one hit KO'ing my alakazam!)
    I will train later today, need a little break for now >.>

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Right now I'm at the Elite 4. First time round, trying to beat them has taken slightly longer than I first thought. The furthest I've gotten so far is Karen (only taking out her Murkrow). My team is:

Rhydon (lv45)- My newest addition. He's doing well with the defenses and what not, and Will's Xatus are trashed by Stone Edge

Dragonair (lv44)- High hopes for him. He's got Extremespeed which is a major plus. However he still can't hit as hard as the likes of Rhydon and Typhlosion.

Togetic (lv45)- I'm not sure about this one. Apart from Fly I don't see much use for him. Might replace him.

Slowking (lv46)- Vital pokemon. Koga's poison types are dealt with Zen Headbutt (soon to be Psychic), and Own Tempo is a bonus.

Weepinbell (lv46)- Razor Leaf is really handy wih the likes of Slowbro and Onix, however a strong attack can smash it. I really need a Leaf Stone :P

Typhlosion (lv52)- By far the most utilised pokemon. Flamethrower can destroy virtually anything and it has great speed.

Jesh

M E M O R I E S
    Years
    ffffffffu

Elite Four aren sent out MURKROW!

Jess sent out Feraligatr in red health. Murkrow used Night Slash!

Hydro was knocked out!

Jess sent out Scyther at ~20% health, thinking of X-Scissor. MURKROW USED NIGHT SHADE

by now i was pretty worried. I was down my best two pokemon, with no revives or potions.

Jess sent out Noctowl! Noctowl used Hypnosis! But it missed! murkrow used night shade ;---;

Jess sent out her final Pokémon; Ho-oh!

Ho-oh used Sacred Fire!

Murkrow fainted.

Elite Four Karen sent out Houndoom!

ffffffffu

Ho-oh used EXTRASENSORY!

Houndoom fainted. I won eventually with ho-oh.

a ~45% ho-oh against a team of dragons. 8|

DRAGONITE USED THUNDER!

8|

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    seen as though iv been walking around all day and had my pokewalker on me i gathered like 18,000 steps and i used like 800watts and i sor 3 !!! i was so determined to catch it i caught it then once i put it on my game i found out it was a flying pikia now i gota a bold surfing pika and docile flying pika and the other pikas ^^ and im now re-battling the elite four for some levels and then gona face erika

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Managed to struggle my way through Claire. Then had some fun and caught a wobbufett in dark cave. Now all I have to do is work my way towards victory road.

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    Made it easily through the first three of the E4. Had some trouble with Karen thanks to my lack of bug or fighting moves. Got to Lance and it came down to the wire - used Tyranitar for the Dragonites. He used Thunder Wave on me and I beat the first Dragonite. He sent out the second one and I used Gengar as a fall guy so I could heal Tyranitar and MY Dragonite. Ended up sucking his second Dragonite low with Dream Eater. Miraculously whooped Dragonite 2 with Gengar. He sent out his final one and I destroyed it with Stone Edge while paralyzed with 13 HP. Ended up with only Alakazam to spare. Very intense battle.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2016
    I beat Erika,and I planned going to Fuchsia...but I thought that I haven´t a bicycle so I went back to Goldenrod,but in that shop...he didn´t get me a bicycle...I was confused,and then I realised that I HAD BICYCLE since I beat Whitney.....lol

JackNg

Noobie Trainer
    Years
    Just got all 16 badges and gained access to Mt. Silver. Starting my breeding preparations by catching hordes of Ditto. Now i have filtered about 10 potentially good Dittos out of 6 full boxes caught.... The ordeal continues...

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
    beat lance in an epic match !!...
    that's how i did it :-
    1 gyarados - my ampharos discharged him out of the battle..
    2 dragonite(lvl 50) - i was shocked to see it that early...anyways one outrage took out my ampharos..but guess what..it was paralyzed !!..sweet..1 ice fang took him out
    3 dragonite(with thunder) - had to switch gyarados...used my haunter's(with focus sash) destiny bond to take it with myself...that was fun
    4 aerodactyl - typhlosion's blast burn took him out
    5 charizard - gave me some trouble but gyarados waterfalled it
    6 dragonite - ice fang nearly took him out..then lance used full restore..so i first used waterfall to get hin on 75% and then 1 ice fang took me to glory !!

it was a fun battle...my gyara really took care of things and haunter turned out great as well...
    Anyways i arrived in kanto,beat surge and now going to challenge sabrina

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
    After pwning Lance, I took to the S.S. Aqua and demolished all of the trainers there. Using Ho-Oh exclusively, trying to level it up since I neglected it throughout my Elite Four campaign. Found the annoying little girl. Ran into a rare trainer battle where the challenging trainer isn't standing in one spot; she was moving around. Now I'm in Vermilion City, and I'm going to go take a nap.

Years
    HeartGold Update:

In Viridian Gym I challenged the trainers in there. I had the most trouble with the two Ace Trainers where one of their Pokemon used Trick Room. After I defeated Gary I went to Mt. Silver to challenge Red. The battle did not go very well so now I'm looking for other trainers to battle. I also went on the S.S. Aqua today. I'm thinking about using a Ghost-type Pokemon on my team.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    Got unconfident about challenging kanto gyms after Misty, so decided to give myself a break and explored all of those caves like Rock Tunnel, Dark Cave, Mt.Mortar... -_-

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
    So since I lost my DS and I finally got ahold of my sister's one, I put 4000-something Watts and Slash (Scyther back onto my DS) and it turns out I got a Flying Pikachu! :"D Hiyoko's in my Pokewalker now.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
    Yes! Finally defeated the E4! (Johto one)

My Pokemon was severely underleveled, since I the Pokemon on my team are Pokemons you get later in the games...

So anyways, LANCE WAS ANNOYING. HE HAS 3 DRAGONITE!? I couldn't barely hit the first Outraging Dragonite. I traded my Empoleon from Platinum and beat the crap outta them.

Anyways, let me make a list about the E4's Pokemon I found annoying.
    Koga's Muk, and Karen's Umbreon. The only reason was because they kept healing and my Pokemons were underleveled. I could habe beat them if I have the proper type distribution, which is weird as all of my Pokemon has a proper type distribution.

Off to Kanto!

Back