• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Clefairies

I'm always chasing rainbows.
Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2016
    Finally have all 16 badges, beat Blue the other night.

Today;
    Caught Suicune in a ultraball with a Rash nature!
    Caught Zapdos in a ultraball with a Bashful nature!

I intend to catch the other Legendaries later on.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I finally managed to beat the elite 4, after getting swept by karen's houndoom after a nasty plot. I managed to win with:

Typhlosion lvl 45
    Sunny day, flamethrower, solar beam, blast burn

Quagsire lvl 46
    Earthquake, surf, yawn, blizzard

Heracross lvl 45
    Brick break, reversal, stone edge, night slash

Umbreon lvl 45
    Faint attack, confuse ray, taunt, dark pulse

Crobat lvl 45
    Fly, u-turn, cross poison, confuse ray

Girafarig lvl 45
    Light screen, psychic, charge beam, zen headbutt

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • I've finally made it to the Elite Four! I actually got through the four pretty fast, without losing at all, but the Champion is what's getting me. Of course, I save after each battle. But Lance's Aerodactyl is killing me -_-
    I've attempted to use my Gyarados's surf and thunder to knock it out. I equipped it with quick claw so it can be the first to attack, since one hit of Rock Slide or Thunder crunch(?) knocks it out. But yeah, after my Gyarados hits Aerodactyl, dealing half damage, it attacks with either two of the abovementioned moves and knocks all my pokemon out.
    Having Ho-oh and Cyndaquil as my other two in my party, rock slide instantly KO's them. I can use Draganair, but it's currently under training. Only level 35 since I only got it at level 15 right before I started my journey to the Elite four.
    So I just gave up after 15 times of getting knocked out by Lance's Aerodactyl, and I'm currently training all my Pokemon to at least level 55 -_- Since, most of them are pretty low- levelled .

As you can see, I have a team of only four pokemon. But i don't really need a full team. (i have Furret as a HM Slave though)

Typholosion level 44 - Blast Burn, Cut, Flamethrower, Swift
    Gyarados level 45 - Thunder, Surf, Bite, Dragon Rage
    Ho-oh level 47 - Extrasensory, Fly, Sacred Fire, Fire Blast

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Baaah after 3 restarts, I got that darn snorlax in an ultra ball. It's so hard to keep him in red hp with his darn leftovers!

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • I've finally made it to the Elite Four! I actually got through the four pretty fast, without losing at all, but the Champion is what's getting me. Of course, I save after each battle. But Lance's Aerodactyl is killing me -_-
    I've attempted to use my Gyarados's surf and thunder to knock it out. I equipped it with quick claw so it can be the first to attack, since one hit of Rock Slide or Thunder crunch(?) knocks it out. But yeah, after my Gyarados hits Aerodactyl, dealing half damage, it attacks with either two of the abovementioned moves and knocks all my pokemon out.
    Having Ho-oh and Cyndaquil as my other two in my party, rock slide instantly KO's them. I can use Draganair, but it's currently under training. Only level 35 since I only got it at level 15 right before I started my journey to the Elite four.
    So I just gave up after 15 times of getting knocked out by Lance's Aerodactyl, and I'm currently training all my Pokemon to at least level 55 -_- Since, most of them are pretty low- levelled .

As you can see, I have a team of only four pokemon. But i don't really need a full team. (i have Furret as a HM Slave though)

Typholosion level 44 - Blast Burn, Cut, Flamethrower, Swift
    Gyarados level 45 - Thunder, Surf, Bite, Dragon Rage
    Ho-oh level 47 - Extrasensory, Fly, Sacred Fire, Fire Blast

Your entire team is not underlevel, just super weak to rock and if you make a dragonite it will also be weak to rock, you need a pokemon to cover that weakness (steel type)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Well after much deliberation, decided to trade in my girafarig for an espeon. Girafarig's sp.def just wasn't cutting it, nor any good normal moves. I taught espeon reflect, psychic, calm mind, and grass knot.

michele

☮ & ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    i'm training up my team to take on clair.

my team as of now includes:
    -meganium
    -ampharos
    -arcanine
    -shellder [soon-to-be cloyster]
    -butterfree

i'm having a hard time deciding on my 6th pokemon. i'm stuck between primeape and mamoswine. :[

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • I defeated the elite four, the only pokemon that made it hard for me was Bruno's Machamp...
    But after getting the national dex, I made my Togetic and Misdreavus evolve (Pokeathlon) and it was a piece of cake, I got my lucario from Diamond (lv61), Before I head off to Kanto I'm gunna go to the battle frontier and try to beat the Tower Tycoon :)
    All my pokemon are lv50 and above.

ichuesther

Years
  • I realized that it was weak to rock, but it's hard finding a good steel move or steel pokemon.

Anyway, I finally beat the Elite Four with:
    Gyarados level 46
    Typhlosion level 45
    Ho-oh level 48
    and
    Dragonair level 40.
    It took forever, the last Dragonite was making me mad, but I got through and then whooped the Charizard with my Gyarados's surf. So I am now in Vermillion city and just beat the gym leader. My pokemon are still in the mid 40's so I'm levelling them up, since i need that T-T

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • I realized that it was weak to rock, but it's hard finding a good steel move or steel pokemon.

Anyway, I finally beat the Elite Four with:
    Gyarados level 46
    Typhlosion level 45
    Ho-oh level 48
    and
    Dragonair level 40.
    It took forever, the last Dragonite was making me mad, but I got through and then whooped the Charizard with my Gyarados's surf. So I am now in Vermillion city and just beat the gym leader. My pokemon are still in the mid 40's so I'm levelling them up, since i need that T-T

If I were you I'd consider getting a Machamp, a Snorlax or a Rhyperior.
    Because all of these pokemon can learn some very powerful mooves.
    And they would all be a great addition to your team, because a thunder type can take out 3 of your pokemon, Like Lt. Surge for example. I'd try some other gyms first, or at least beat the elite 4 until all your pokemon would be at least lv 50.

ichuesther

Years
  • If I were you I'd consider getting a Machamp, a Snorlax or a Rhyperior.
    Because all of these pokemon can learn some very powerful mooves.
    And they would all be a great addition to your team, because a thunder type can take out 3 of your pokemon, Like Lt. Surge for example. I'd try some other gyms first, or at least beat the elite 4 until all your pokemon would be at least lv 50.

Thanks. I think I will get one of those pokemon. I think I want Rhyperior or maybe grab a Snorlax since I'm already in Kanto.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    Just finished my solo run with Gengar, defeated red ;D
    Don't know what I'm going to do now xD

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • Thanks. I think I will get one of those pokemon. I think I want Rhyperior or maybe grab a Snorlax since I'm already in Kanto.

Yeah you might as well get Snorlax, especially since its lv50, and it has some really great moves to begin with (when you catch it in HG/SS).

Just finished my solo run with Gengar, defeated red ;D
    Don't know what I'm going to do now xD

Lol, challenge him again?

ichuesther

Years
  • I just got a Hoenn starter and found a shiny rattata!

Shiny hunter? Haha, I have no luck. The only shiny pokemon i have ever come across through my pokemon years is the red gyarados at lake of rage and a tentacool (But it wasn't even my game... -_-)

So many changes to the Kanto region in HG. I was disappointed to see that the Dojo place was empty in Saffron city, although I already received my Tyrogue. But i still wanted to battle some black-belts...

pokemonplatinumlover

WiFi Battler and Romhacker!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2016
    Shiny hunter? Haha, I have no luck. The only shiny pokemon i have ever come across through my pokemon years is the red gyarados at lake of rage and a tentacool (But it wasn't even my game... -_-)

So many changes to the Kanto region in HG. I was disappointed to see that the Dojo place was empty in Saffron city, although I already received my Tyrogue. But i still wanted to battle some black-belts...

I'm not actually a shiny hunter (lol) it was a random encounter while looking for a Jigglypuff for Bill's father.

Back