• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
  • Solo here, Just got my third badge after making Whittney cry.
    I put Revolta (Flaaffy) in the Daycare for a while b4 I started training my Charnova (Charmeleon) near the daycare when it found a shiny leaf, I was shocked beyond belief and too make matters more surprising King (Croconaw) also found a Shiny Leaf in the grass area near Ecrutek. Tyrant (Larvitar) is starting to get more agressive with its attacks Stone Edge is dealing more damage than ever, but King was having the opposite effect it seems he's getting weaker, what's up with these guys? After I get my team on lvl 30 it's on to the gym!

Team Lvl:

King 29
    Tyrant 29
    Revolta 28
    Charnova 29
    Togeprii (guess) 16
    Valkrye (Dragonair) 30

Years
  • I went to Mt. Silver to challenge Red. I had the most trouble with his Blastoise and Snorlax.

After the battle I went ot Prof. Oak's lab and got Charmander. Then I went to Saffron and got a Mudkip.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Just creamed Red in my second Soul Silver play-through, and I swear he was easier than ever, in that this time Ampharos OHKO'd Blastoise and Lapras, instead of the 2HKO last time. I came at him at level 84, because I wasn't about to bring knives to this gun battle.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2015
    Entered the pokeathlon many times and purchased the fire stone with my points.

I also lost too many times after the 21st win streak in the battle tower, still i've managed to ev train another pokemon to add to my competitive team list, Kingdra!

I'm thinking of breeding a new pokemon soon, but first maybe i ought to train my scyther first.

Years
  • I've done alot since my last update so I'll stick to the facts

Solo here
    -Got my 4th badge after training to 30 and evolve King
    -Trained Tyrant to 32 before evolve him
    -Traded Togeprii to Master Luxeus Platinum for a shiny stone a training lvl 17-35 before the trade back
    -Threw Tyrant into the pokewalker
    -Trained everyone to lvl 34 and 36
    -Visited Jasmine and Amhpy
    -Battle Chuck with Revolta and Togeprii
    -Flew to Mahogany Town to train
    -Caught Red Gyrados
    -Battled first floor of Rockets in the hideout
    -Gave Mr. Pokemon the Red Scale
    -Went to Olivine City
    -Gave medicine to Jasmine
    -Battled Jasmine with Valkrye, Charnova and Togeprii
    -Togeprii beat Steelix with Aura Sphere
    -Current team on Sig

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Sigh.. I'm somewhere in Kanto now. Cought a Snorlax recently. That thing is huge...

Actually, I can't wait until I finish breeding and EV-training my team in Diamond. Then I'll transfer them back to Soul Silver and continue my adventure~

My team won't change much. The new ones will be Milotic, Espeon and Garchomp.

Years
  • The last thing I did today was trying to beat ash, but failed. His pikachu killed me with that volt tackle thing. I really wanted a pikachu, but I don't know where to find one. Darn.

I used Pal Park today to transfer some pokemon from my Emerald, and trained more for Red.

what's a pal park?

Years
  • I arrived in Goldenrod City and decided to explore the place completely before taking on the Gym Leader. I just got the Radio Card and I'm on my way to the gym now. I'll mainly be using Nidorina since I taught her Rock Smash. For some reason I decided to stick Venonat on my team. It's stats suck, but I just felt sorry for the little guy because I've never put a Venonat on my team before. Hopefully he'll do better once he learns Confusion.

Years
  • Few minutes ago my Raikou learns thundershock from the move tutor. I gave them my heart scale. I found these heart scale in a cave. hehe. I'm taking a break on this game. I played it too much. I been playing all week on this game. Got my 16th badge. hehe

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I have no idea where I left off, but...

I've been playing for a while. I traveled to Ecruteak, where I foolishly (:V) thought I could battle Morty and win with my Slowpoke, Foolish. That didn't work. Poor thing got blasted apart by Gengar's Shadow Ball.

So west I went, where I caught a Magnemite (that's holding a Metal Coat), whom I named CHEESE. Cheese became a valuable asset to my team, allowing me to blow through Miltank (catching those are hard), Tentacool, and various trainers as I traveled through Olivine's Lighthouse and to Cianwood. Which means that Cheese also helped me defeat Morty so I could finally use Surf outside of battle.

In Cianwood, Foolish and the whole Pokemon team was defeated by one of Chuck's trainers. So I decided to travel back to Olivine, and found that Jasmine was also difficult to beat.

The next course of action is to level grind, because this level gap is ridiculous.

Team is:

Machop - Level 26
    Foolish the Slowpoke - level 31
    Cheese the Magneton - level 30
    Rockster the Graveler - level 26

what's a pal park?
    Pal Park is an option in the game that allows you to transfer over six Pokemon at a time from one of the GBA games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen). The GBA game has to be inserted in your DS/DS Lite. The option to "migrate" your Pokemon into the game is on the main menu when you start the game. The Pokemon remain exactly the same as they are in the GBA game. They are also located in five different areas inside the Pal Park, according to their species.

The building is located in Fuchsia City in HG/SS. If you capture the Pokemon in a good amount of time, and if the Pokemon are rare, you get points to win berries.

A good summary can be found here.

Years
  • I easily defeated Whitney, then went next door to get the SquirtBottle. Before leaving Goldenrod, I tuned in to Buena's Password Show then went up into the Radio Tower to get my point for the day. Next it was time to head towards my next Gym Badge in Ecruteak, however we would have to make a stop at the famous Pokeathlon Dome first...

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    Alright well since I defeated Red which was my last update I have;

Traveled around catching Suicune, Latias, and Mewtwo.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    I'll post on my blog specifically for this.

Can't be stuffed writing the current progress here, so check here for the latest and greatest.

pokehacker12

Hacking takes timeTT^TT
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    The Rom HG and SS was leaked.So with an code i played up to The Egg quest.
    until it froze
    Quilava Lv16

Years
  • Serves you right. Buy the game, man. You're missing out, and ROMs don't give gamefreak money to make more pokemon!

Well, restarted SoulSilver yet again...

Currently at Goldenrod City.

I've covered 3 badges in 2 days (not actually played today).

I chose Totodile as a starter, got my next member when I got Notch-Eared Pichu at Ilex Forest, although I'd raised the Onix you can trade for in Violet City to beat Falkner.

When I got to Daycare, I transferred over my Shiny Adamant Female Sneasel, bred it with Rattata to get a baby Sneasel. Also Adamant thanks to the Everstone. Raised that up in the underground (loved the Slowpokes who you shut down with Taunt), then took on Whitney and her gym trainers. Miltank KO'd Sneasel, but not before I'd used Taunt to shut down Milk Drink, and Screech to knock that defense down to size. Notchi OHKO'd with Volt Tackle, nearly killing itself in the process.

Current Team:

"Nya" | Sneasel | lv.20
    "Toto" | Croconaw | lv.25
    "Notchi" | Notched-Eared Time-Travelling Miltank-Slaying Pichu | lv.30

Next planned member is either a Poliwag or Lapras. But Poliwag will become Politoed, not Poliwrath. Also going to find myself an Aipom, somehow.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • So I haven't updated in awhile, but I did make some progress.

I collected all the Gym Leaders at the Fighting Dojo, so I'll be doing some nice battling there. :"D

Years
  • Cool. I did some searching on the net on rebattle the gym leaders. You can do it. I'm training my feraligator right now with exp share. It is at level 66. I been training it the whole afternoon. You also can get money from them. What a surprise! :D Then I'm going to train my other pokemon strong enough to beat red.

World King

Twilight Silver Beast
    Years
  • Well, I just got my SoulSilver yesterday and haven't played non-stop. I had just arrived to Violet city with my team of (all Lv. 8 as of this moment):

Cyndaquil [Flarey]
    Rattata [Chewy]
    Pidgey [Mach 2, for when it's a Pidgeot. xD]
    Bronzor [Ding-dong; got this one in Winner's Path]

So, as I was climbing Sprout Tower and battling everything in sight, I got to the top, watched Silver escape a la Escape Rope, and then I battled the Elder Li (uh, lol?). Only Chewy and Ding-dong weren't fainted, since I wasted all my potions. Chewy took care of the first 2 bellsprouts, and then it was Hoothoot time. I could only do a Tail whip before it pecked him out. It was down to Ding-dong and hoot. Trick Room helped, but with hoothoot's Insomina, Hypnosis was a phail, so I was stuck with Tackle and confusion. After going through hoot's hypnosis and Crit-boosted pecks, it got confused, hit itself and fainted... but not wthout leaving Ding-dong with 1 HP.

Hopefully, I'll have an easier time with Falkner. xD

Back