• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Grinding is the best thing ever. I love doing it.

That's what I spent most of my game time doing one night before bed. I leveled up most of my Pokemon enough so that they could stand a chance against Gym Leaders and whatever else.

Jasmine was the first to be defeated. Sure, there were some problems with Steelix, but the amazing Cheese pulled through for the team. Chuck, on the other hand, was easier. Foolish did amazing, with back-up from Cheese.

Made it to Mahogany Town, where the Red Gyarados was captured and the Team Rocket underground headquarters was (almost) taken down. I'm right now in the middle of the three Electrode fight.

Also, my Pokemon caught PokeRus, so I infected a Magby that I'm trading over to my Pearl game for some EV training.

Team:

Rockster the Golem - level 34
    Machoke - level 33
    Foolish the Slowpoke - level 36
    CHEESE the Magnezone - level 33

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • OMG !! After weeks of disappointment i finally got the luvdisc swarm last night and got chansey swarm today....Boy did i steal some heart scales and lucky eggs....rebatling leaders time with 1.5x the experience !!

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Started a new game on my Soul Silver. So far I just got my Totodile. Yup.
    My future E4 team will currently be:

Feraligatr
    Golem
    Alakazam
    Jynx
    Dragonair
    Typhlosion

Spr_4h_158.png
    Crox | Lv5
    -Scratch
    -Leer

Last edited:

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • Today I spent time breeding the original HeartGold team.
    Natalie and Riley were the only parents from this team, making Kureno. He's the youngest, however, being born a day after everyone else.
    Others were:
    Hiyoko: Parents Togetic and Togetic
    Kireme: Parents Teddiursa and Sandslash
    Rena: Parents Tangela and Oddish
    Inferno: Parents Pikachu and Eevee
    Zutori: Parents Xatu and Ditto (Therefore he's not very happy).

So this'll make me satisfied because I really missed the other team. ^^;;

I hope that today brings a swarm of something new~ I want a Ralts or a Buneary swarm soon. :"D

Years
  • I recently started over in HeartGold and chose Cyndaquil as my starter. I've never had a Slowpoke on my team before so after I got to Azalea Town I went to Slowpoke Well and caught one. I got a funny reaction out of it when I talked to it! It said, "Ray started yawning. Almost...almost...nevermind."

I know that Slowpoke doesn't have a good Speed stat but I'll work on that. I'm in Ecruteak City about to challenge the Gym Leader. After that it's on to Route 38!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • I went on a catching spree last night, stayed up until about 4 in the morning doing so. First I caught Suicune with an alright nature (Timid), I was hoping for Modest but I was tired of catching it over and over. Then I activated the Latios "event". After I found out you can sort of land on the same route it does by going back and forth between 2 connected routes, I caught it without too much trouble. I don't think it's nature was great, but I also don't think you have much of a choice with roaming legendaries. :(

So then I flew back to Johto to catch the other roaming legendaries. Raikou was easy to catch because I had already lowered it's health to red before. Entei was a pain though, because every time I tried to lower it's health to red my Gengar got a critical hit on it. x_x

I eventually caught it, and though I feel accomplished for having a bunch of new pokemon I haven't caught since the original Gen2 (And never for Latios), but now it feels like there isn't much to do. I guess there's the Safari Zone and Pokethalon though.....

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
  • My quest to build my Pokedex up is still going quickly and efficiently. A few hours ago, I had a mere 48 Pokemon caught. Now, I just caught my 103rd. After a couple more catches, I'll turn my attention to training my main team a few more levels, then take on the Elite Four. My Johto adventure is coming close to its end. Aloha Kanto!

The Doctor

What!?
    Years
  • FINALLY!

WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I FINALLLLLLLY BEAT RED!

I just got my Ds back after ages of groundedness and I thought : i would have another crack at Red.

I won with one pokemon left.

Then i chose Charmander and evolved him to Charmeleon

I chosed a Mudkipz and will raise him soon.

Currently catching Johto and Kanto pokemon for ma Dex

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • Ok, Falkner down. Next up...Bugsy.

With just my Totodile, I knew I couldn't continue through the game solo. So I caught a lovely female Gastly named Echo and an awesome Geodude named Rocky (original, huh?).

So, training my team I was able to defeat Sprout Tower using mainly Gastly. Then I went on to Falkner, using only Geodude and his Rock Throw.

On to Azalea!

Spr_4h_158.png
    Crox | Lv12
    -Scratch
    -Leer
    -Water Gun
    -Rage

Spr_4h_092.png
    Echo | Lv12
    -Hypnosis
    -Lick
    -Curse
    -Mean Look

Spr_4h_074.png
    Rocky | Lv12
    -Tackle
    -Defense Curl
    -Rock Throw
    -Rock Polish

I may be switching out Echo for an Abra/Kadabra once I beat Bugsy.

cobraman228

My friends are my power.
    Years
  • I am currently Level grinding for Red... any tips?

Apart from that, just trying to get as much pokedollars as possible. My friend has only about about £30000 and I got £3000000, and I want to make sure I don't run out! :P

Uggg, leveling up is SO slow...

Years
  • Don't know why, but i feel like posting my play through:

Update #1
    -Named myself Jacob
    -Started with Chikorita
    -Did the whole get the egg thing
    -Caught a Rattata
    -Made way to violet city
    -Beat Sprout Tower Elder
    -Beat Faulkner
    -Headed South
    -Chikorita evolved
    -Made Way through Union Cave
    -Made it to Azalea
    -Beat Proton in the Slowpoke Well
    -Beat my Rival
    -Beat Bugsy
    -Rattata evolved
    -Decided to use Bayleef as an HM Slave
    -Got HM01 in the Ilex Forest
    -Made it out of the woods
    -Went to Goldenrod, played Voltorb flip until I had 200 coins and bought an Abra, which was level 15
    -Abra evolved and learned Confusion
    -Traded Kadabra to evolve it. Also sent over a Water Stone
    -Beat Whitney using X Items
    -Got Squirt Bottle
    -Caught Sudowoodo
    -met Bill in Ekruteak
    -Picked up HM's 03, 04 and 06
    -Went back to Goldenrod and got Eevee, which I evolved into Vaporeon and taught Surf
    -Stocked up on items
    -Caught a Pidgey to teach fly, and a Stantler for the battle with Morty (Credit to Marriland, he came up with it,

Current Team
    020.png

Raticate (lvl 23)
    -Dig
    -Hyper Fang
    -Quick Attack
    -Bite
    065.png

Alakazam (lvl 24)
    -Psybeam
    -Confusion
    -Disable
    -Miracle Eye
    134.png

Vaporeon (lvl12)
    -Sand Attack
    -Tackle
    -Helping Hand
    -Surf
    Spr_4h_234.png

Stantler (lvl 15)
    -Leer
    -Astonish
    -Hypnosis
    -Stomp

HM Slaves
    153.png

Bayleef
    -Cut
    -Flash
    -Strength
    -Rock Smash
    016.png

Pidegy
    -Fly (Once I get it)

Sealia

Dark Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I've just gotten my Tryannitar to lvl 70 and Shiftry to lvl 40. They're part of my dream team:
    Mightyena

Weavile
    Tyrannitar
    Shiftry
    Skunktank
    Absol

Mightyena and Weavile reached lvl 100 last week. I tend to train my pokemon in pairs instead of a in a full party. Mightyena and Weavile were training partners. Tyrannitar and Shiftry are training partners and as soon at they hit their final lvl, my skunky and absol a will train together. I've also became very fond of Venus, my lovely Lopunny. She is currently on lvl 40 and is trained on the side. I'm going to whip Whitney's butt with my Venus :D

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I started SoulSilver yesterday. I, er, ought to be finishing HeartGold, but...

● Chose a male sprite and named it Kell.
    ● Chose Chikorita at Elm's Lab. It's the only Johto Starter I've never used. I named him Leaf.
    ● Did the Mister Pokémon egg gumf. Named my Rival Dante. Started on my Epic Quest.

● Caught a Sentret and traded it with my Platinum game for a Pichu in an egg.
    ● He hatched in Cherrygrove City. I named him Spark.
    ● Headed to Violet City and beat Volkner using Volt Tackle. 8)
    ● Got my Togepi egg. It's since hatched and Togepi is now safely discarded in my PC Box. :U
    ● Headed to Azalea Town. Saved all of the Slowpokes. Defeated Bugsy.
    ● Chikorita evolved into Bayleaf!
    ● Defeated my Rival using only Leaf and Tackle. His Quilava apparently only knew SmokeScreen and Leer, lmfao? Ahh, Dante, you are not worthy of my rivalry.
    ● Went to GoldenRod. Got my pimpin' Radio Card. Picked up the three million packages my mom sent me at the PokéDepartment Store.
    ● Pichu evolved into Pikachu!
    ● Caught a Drowzee, and traded it with my Platinum game for a Level 17 Scyther, named Blades. (Spark and Leaf were already Level 21 by this time, so there was no level cheating. I didn't want to wait until Tuesday to be able to catch one in the Contest :|)
    ● Defeated Whitney using Spark and Blades. She cried. I stole a badge.

● Now en route to Ecruteak, but I have to go back for the damn squirt bottle >:

TEAM;

SCYTHER
    | BAYLEAF | PIKACHU

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Got bored of my game, so I restarted SS.

- named myself Diana
    - picked Totodile
    - named rival Johan (lol)
    - cought lots of Sentrets and Pidgeys (need junk pokemon for trading)

Now I need to get my FC and then I want to trade over my EVd team from Diamond -_-

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • My in game team is up to level 100. Activated the Arceus event and the only legendary who needs to be caught is Rayquaza, which will have to wait till I can find a HG Kyogre on wi-fi.

There's not much else I can do in the game now, sadly.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I think someone must have superglued me to my DSi, because I can't stop playing. >:[

● Caught Sudowoodo. Put him in the PC.
    ● Reached Ecruteak. Did the Rival battle in the Burned Tower, then headed out West to do some training before taking on Morty.
    ● Bayleaf evolved into Meganium!
    ● Took on Morty. Beat him with Spark using Volt Tackle and Meganium using Magical Leaf.
    ● Travelled to Olivine. Climbed the Lighthouse, got the mission from Jasmine. Rock-Smashed until I found a Krabby/because it's fun. Taught Krabby Surf.
    ● To Cianwood! Beat Chuck using only Blades and Wing Attack, woo. The nice lady gives me the Fly HM, so I got a Pidgey out from my PC box (always handy as HM slaves) and flew back to Olivine with the SecretPotion.
    ● Defeated Jasmine using only Meganium, lmao. Yeah idk either.
    ● Flew to the Safari Zone and trained Pikachu up to Level 37 to teach it Discharge, then Thunderstone'd him into a Raichu. Trained Meganium and Scyther up to Level 34.
    ● Flew to Route 218 and caught a Houndour at Level 24. Flew back to the Safari Zone grass-patch and trained him to Level 34.
    ● Houndour evolved into Houndoom!

● Now en route to Mahogony to deal with the Lake of Rage and Rocket Hideout.

TEAM;

MEGANIUM | RAICHU | SCYTHER | HOUNDOOM

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Done breeding my scyther/heracrosses.
    Now I'm looking wild steelix in cliff cave(2% encounter rate.)
    May do some breeding for pokemon to have if I restart HG.

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2010
    Begin adventure

Named character Gold
    Got Bag, TC, Save notebook thing and Options for the menu
    Totodile got, named Crocka, female
    Got the PokeGear
    Got the Running Shoes and Map card from the guide gent
    Trained to lvl 9
    Got the pokedex
    Beat Passerby Boy (Aka Silver)
    Told momma to save my money