• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Hatenko

Hiya!
Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2010
    Synchronized to get a Modest Gyarados (special gyara ftw) but was dissapointed to find my would-be Raikou had its nature set already (Careful) :/

Using my Sinjoh Giratina to cheat my way through the Rocket Hideout, too bad it's only lvl 22. Aura Sphere, here I come..

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • It's probably a little late now, since I'm halfway through the game, but here's my synopsis for today. I started with chikorita, btw
    - traded over weavile and dragonite from my Plt.
    - Tried the elite 4 once and failed. (I have also failed many times before this.)
    - Tried a second time, it was a success!! And it wasn't all that close either!!
    - Saved after entering the SS Aqua.
    - Will probably play some more soon. I'm eager to get to kanto.
    - Plan on teaching my Meganium Light Screen and Reflect, to contribute to it's primarily defensive stats while also boosting the rest of the team.
    - Also plan on breeding the sinnoh starters (or at least my Infernape) and trading them over.
    Current Team (will give nicknames later)
    Meganium (will have a complete moveset revamp)

Lv. 41
    Frenzy Plant
    Petal Dance
    Earthquake
    Iron Tail

Weavile

Swords Dance
    Night slash
    Ice Punch
    X - Sissor

Dragonite

Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Fire Blast
    Fly

Muscle (Machamp)

Lv. 44
    Cross Chop
    Revenge (its holding a macho brace)
    Payback (once again, macho brace)
    Fire Blast (will probably replace with rock slide or stone edge)

Ryhorn

lv: 35 (its a recent addition)
    Dig
    Rock Blast
    Take Down
    Scary Face

Lanturn

Signal Beam
    Surf
    Waterfall
    Discharge

EDIT: Just got to Kanto, and deciding wether I want to stick with lanturn or catch a psyduck
    EDIT2: nvmnd, just decided I'm gonna switch to tentacool

Last edited:

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Taichi and Agu finally made it to the top of the lighthouse. A stranger had said that there was something wrong with the Lighthouse Pokemon. Taichi figured that he and Agu could attempt to help. Taichi saw a girl crying. "Hey there. Are you okay?" Taichi asked as he walked closer. He had notice that there was a sick yellow pokemon next to her. It was an Ampharos. The same as Agu. "Hello there, you must be the newest challenger for my gym huh?" The brown haired girl asked Taichi. "Wait...your Jazmine?" Taichi wondered out loud. The girl nodded. "I'd usually be at the gym waiting for challengers, but Amphy, the lighthouse Pokemon, is sick right now. There's a medicine shop in Cianwood, but I can't leave her side." Jazmine explained the situation to Taichi. Taichi and Agu looked at each other and nodded. "We'll go to Cianwood to get that medicine for you Jazmine! Under one condition! You give me a good match when this is all said and done. Jazmine wiped her tears and gestured the acceptance of Taichi's request.

"All right Agu! Let's GO!!" Taichi went!

Pokemon in Party:
    AGU (Ampharos) Level 30
    APOLLO (Quilava) Level 23
    SHO (Nidoking) Level 27
    TOTIUS (Togekiss) Level 24
    KASSHOKU (Sudowoodo) Level 20
    ZERA (Scizor) Level 26

Current Trope formation
    Agu: The Ace
    Apollo: The Lancer
    Sho: The Big Guy
    Totius: The Medic
    Kasshoku: The Bumblebee
    Zera: The Chick

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • Defeated Luitenent Surge, got to sapphron, flew back to johto to try to catch the legendary dogs, koed entei, went back to the lake of rage to try to catch the red gyarados again (kocked it out the first time), koed it, so now i have to go beat the E4 again soon.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • on my way on victory road... and ponyta almost fainted from a wild pokemon. Time to train my team.

Team:
    Pyro: Flareon lv 39
    Alpha: Houndoom lv 39
    Blaize: Typhlosion lv 39
    Skye: Ho-oh lv 45
    Cynder: Ponyta lv 39
    Leonardo: Arcanine lv 39

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Playing with the PokeWalker, looking for a Magby on Rugged road, I sure hope it is holding a Magmarizer O.O
    So far my team isn't very amazing, but I want to collect atleast one cool looking Pokemon early on in the Game. :)

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I cannot believe what just happened. I just faced the Elite Four again, post-National Dex. I made it all the way to Lance, which I did not expect to do because I was just doing this to level-grind before facing them for real. Just before going into Lance's room, I taught a Pokémon Blizzard because I had no super-effective moves for dragons. This may have been the most luck-filled battle I've ever had.

Lance sends out Salamence, I send out Suicune (yeah, Suicune. Sue me. It's the only legendary Pokémon I use in-game). Salamence uses Dragon Claw, doesn't knock out Suicune. Suicune uses Blizzard - it hits!
    Gyarados goes down to Raichu's Thunderbolt, no big deal.
    Garchomp uses Swords Dance. Suicune uses Blizzard - it hits!
    Altaria uses Dragonbreath. No Paralyze! Suicune uses Blizzard - it hits!
    Charizard goes down to Surf, no biggie.
    Dragonite - Lance's last Pokémon - uses Draco Meteor. It misses! Suicune uses Blizzard - IT HITS!

I can't believe that just happened! Four uses of Blizzard, and they all hit? I'm never that lucky. Also, my whole team is level 56 and under, while Lance's Pokémon are between 68 and 75.

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    After beating Jazmine and getting the 6th badge, Taichi and Agu went towards Cianwood City. At the peak of the coast, something was streaming along at an incredible pace. In the glimpse of it, Taichi saw a blue aura following the stream. A few seconds later he had realized that whatever it was, it was headed his way. Taichi and Agu closed their eyes hoping the stream of blue wouldn't hit them. A few seconds with there eyes closed they realized nothing had happened?

Suddenly a shadow of a person running was seen. It took a while to see who it was but it was Eusine. "Taichi...that..was...Suicune...just now wasn't it?" Eusine asked as he stopped gasping for air on his chase. Taichi simply shrugged. He didn't know if it was Suicune or not. Eusine looked devastated. "Then, did you see it Agu?" Eusine asked Taichi's Friend. The Ampharos shook it's head in a negative tone. Eusine sighed. "Well, I guess I just have to keep looking then. I'll see you again Taichi!" Eusine said readying to chase the Pokemon of blue again. Taichi and Agu looked at each other in surprise and laughed as they went along the Cianwood Gym.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    For the 2nd time only, I beat red. My team was level 66-70. Now that I have, I plan on restarting HG, this time using chikorita and togepi, along with other pokemon I haven't used before(probably mantine, steelix, and maybe hitmontop.)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Just found and caught a shiny swinub on my first time through the ice path in heartgold (second time if you count soulsilver)! It's also my first shiny on the hgss series.

XxRogueTrainerxX

Needs a better username
    Years
  • Right now, I'm currently training my new Roserade (level 53) at Mt. Silver. I'm still looking restlessly for a male Milotic above level 50 willing to be traded. That Milotic will complete my team. After that, I'll teach some new moves to my Pokemon, then start some casual Wi-Fi battles. I might try experimenting with a second team after that.

Taichi

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Taichi entered the Cianwood Gym. As he stepped on to the wooden for, he saw two Pokemon fighting back and forth. They were a Poliwrath and a Primeape. They were fast and heavy, swift yet lethal, agile but strong. they finally punched the others fist as a giant aura of energy imploded that wasn't seen, but witthout a doubt could be heard and felt. Several feet ahead of the fighting Pokemon was a strong, chiseled man who seemed to be metitating under a waterfall. Taichi didn't want to disturb his training, but he needed that badge as soon as possible. A man appeared aside of Taichi simply from out of nowhere.

"Do you wish to challenge The Chuck?" The man asked. Taichi arched an eyebrow at what the man called the Gym Leader. "The Chuck?" Taichi asked. The man nodded and explained that Chuck refers to himself in third person and that everyone that wants to train under him shall address himas "The Chuck". Taichi and Agu shrugged. "Well Agu, looks like you won't be on for this battle." The Ampahros nodded in understanding. The informative man went to the top of the waterfall machine and turned it off. "Excuse me, The Chuck! A challenger is here to challenge you" The man told The Chuck. The Gym Leader opened his eyes as he stood up slowly. With a deep and raging voice he exclaimed "YOU THINK YOUR READY FOR THE CHUCK!!?? WE BATTLE NOW!! POLIWRATH!! PRIMEAPE!! GET READY!!"

Taichi had scratched the back og his head as sweat rolled down the left side of his face. "Well, time to go with Totius and Zera. Zera can't really get along with anybody since she's the only female in the group, but since this is a tag battle, I've got no choice." Taichi told himself. Agu stood back in preparation. "Zera! Totius! I need you gus now!"

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • I've advanced alot since my last post. I now have all 8 Kanto Badges and Mewtwo. I tried to battle red this morning, but I was owned. The only damage his FIRST Pokemon took was from recoil and hail. I'm gonna have to grind, like, seriously

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Gave up on Magby, and decided to go for a Doduo, such a worthy member of my team. So I boxed my Geodude, and caughy a Nidoran(M) earlier on, and I defeated Falkner with a Mareep that I plan on using, her name is Fluff. My team right now is:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalHeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalHeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel JournalHeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • WHEW, today was a busy day. I got Falkner's, Clair's, and Morty's phone numbers, I somehow managed to defeat Lance and Red, and now I have a Lvl 10 Squirtle. :D

Team:
    Espeon Lvl 58
    Feraligator Lvl 62
    Flygon Lvl 62
    Tyranitat Lvl 62
    Ampharos Lvl 65
    Kangaskan Lvl 65

What annoys me is after battling both Champions and beating them, these guys barely leveled up...:cer_confused:
    EDIT: Oh yeah, I also rebattled Silver at Indigo Plateau. That was a surprise.

Last edited:
    Years
  • GengarNightmare's First Heart Gold Playthrough

Prologue:
    Spoiler:

Chapter 1: A new journey! Well, kind of new. XD
    Spoiler:

EDIT: Here comes an update.

Chapter 2: On to Union Cave!
    I've reached the pokecenter near Union Cave. The last few hours have been very eventful. First, here's the update on my team:

Chikorita Lv 11; gained 4 levels.
    Zieg (Charmander) Lv 15; gained 0 levels.

*New additions*

---------------------------------------------------

Heracross; Lv 10 (Met @ Lv 2)
    Nickname: Behemoth
    Nature: Adamant
    Location found: Route 46 (headbutt)
    IVs: None are perfect (Very finicky)
    ~Tackle
    ~Fury Attack
    ~Horn Attack
    ~Endure

Took forever to find this one, but well worth the wait. I've never actually raised one before, so this should be interesting.

Mareep; Lv 10 (Met @ Lv 6)
    Nickname: Pharaoh
    Nature: Timid
    Location found: Route 32
    IVs: Possible 31 in Defense (Capable of taking hits)
    ~ Tackle
    ~ Growl
    ~ Thundershock
    ~ N/A

For battling Falkner, you know. Haven't decided if I'll keep this one.

I've also caught quite a few others:

-Pidgey
    -Spearow
    -Rattata
    -Sentret
    -Caterpie
    -Geodude
    -Zubat
    -Bellsprout
    -Hoppip
    -Aipom

Other than all that, it's been pretty straightforward: I let my Heracross wreak havoc on Sprout tower, turned South onto Route 32 to catch a Mareep, and used said Mareep to whip Falkner. Afterwards, I picked up the Togepi egg, and headed to the pokemon center near union cave, where I am now. If the Togepi hatches with a decent nature, I might raise it, otherwise, I have other plans in mind.

Just got the old rod from the fisherman in the pokecenter. Since I have an Adamant synchronizer (umbreon), I might try for an Adamant Magikarp.

*fishes while typing lol*
    Hooked a Lv 10 male 'karp.
    ........... Rash nature. >_<
    *Tries again*
    Bahsful nature. Pffffffffffff. I'll keep trying and update after I grab the 2nd badge.

Last edited:
    Years
  • In HeartGold I went to challenge Gym Leader Chuck and Jasmine. I didn't have problems with Chuck. As for Jasmine, it was a long battle against her Steelix!

I'm in Mahogany Town about to challenge Gym Leader Pryce.

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 19, 2020
    1. Got Bugy's phone number for a rematch.
    2. Started breeding and trading for every starter.
    3. Captured Lvl 70 Lugia.
    Next up The legendary Bird Trio!

Back