• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
    My Sneasel just beat Pryce singlehandedly in one glance using a few Brick Breaks.. I think she was even bored doing so -_-"

Current team <3:

All around Lv35.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Well, I finally got a DS two days ago, and with it I got HeartGold. I have fond memories of playing the first Gold when I was 8 years old. Gold was the first GBC game I ever owned, so naturally HeartGold should be the first DS game I've ever known.

In the two days since I've started, I've managed to beat 7 of the 8 Johto gyms, but I want to get my team stronger (all at least level 45) before I take on Clair.

Spaking of my team, here it is (At the moment currently underleveled and unbalanced ]: )
    Lv37 Typhlosion (I always get the fire starter)
    Lv34 Kadabra (This guy's a beast; knocked out all 4 of Morty's Pokemon with one hit of Psybeam each)
    Lv35 Dragonair (my reward for hours upon hours of Voltorb Flipping)
    Lv27 Magneton (A relatively new addition that I caught at the Safari Zone.)
    Lv32 Fearow (I probably won't have much use for this one after Dragonair evolves)

Like I said, I want to get all these guys to Lv45, maybe even get Dragonair to 55 so it evolves. But that's going to take hours, maybe even days...

Amaru

Master Cloner
    Years
    Figure I'd do this as I restarted.

Picked the boy and named him Robert. (My name)
    Instead of picking my usual Cyndquil, I pick Chikorita. (Male)
    Did all the beginning stuff, and made my way to Violet City.
    Did sprout tower and realized I need a electric type, so I went serching for a Mareep.
    Found one at lvl 6 (male)
    Trained him to lvl 10 so he had thundershock. Sweeped Falkner in 3 hits.

Made it to Bugsy. (Didn't know HE was a guy)
    Beat Him in 1 try. (My Traded egg SD Absol obliterated him)
    Slapped my Rival. (Absol and Flaffy one shoted all his Pokes)
    Made it to Goldenrod.
    Just beat the cry-baby. (SD Absol is a monster lvl 20 and it 1HKO Miltank)

My Current Team:
    Absol (F) lvl 21
    Bayleef (M) lvl 20
    Flaffy (M) lvl 20

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Just started a new game on Soul Silver after months of not playing, I've just beaten Falkner and am now on my way to pick up the pokemon egg from the pokemart, after that I'm going to head to Azalea town.

My Team;

Totodile Lv14
    Flaafy Lv15
    Pidgey Lv13

I'll eventually be adding 3 more pokemon later on in the game, the types I'll be adding will be as many of the following as possible;

Dark, Fire, Ice, Psychic, Ground (one of these will be Jynx)

Amaru

Master Cloner
    Years
    Made it to Bugsy. (Didn't know HE was a guy)
    Beat Him in 1 try. (My Traded egg SD Absol obliterated him)
    Slapped my Rival. (Absol and Flaffy one shoted all his Pokes)
    Made it to Goldenrod.
    Just beat the cry-baby. (SD Absol is a monster lvl 20 and it 1HKO Miltank)

My Current Team:
    Absol (F) lvl 21
    Bayleef (M) lvl 20
    Flaffy (M) lvl 20

Made it to Morty.
    Released the beasts.
    Slapped my Rival.
    Went back to Union Cave and got the Friday lapras.
    Went back to goldenrod to get bills eevee.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Trainer Shane has just attained Eevee. Has already decided to go for Espeon- he worries privately that if Eevee evolves at night and he stops the evolution into Umbreon whether or not it can then later evolve into Espeon. He would like some information on that.
    Beyond that, he is happy with his lvl. 30 Quilava and is going to raise Sudowoodu, Noctowl, and the Eevee/Espeon to lvl. 25.
    Looks like a long, long, long road of fighting wild Pokemon is in the future for Trainer Shane.

(OOC: But seriously, can I stop Eevee from evolving into Umbreon at night and then have it evolve into Espeon in the day?)

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Ha! While EV training my noctowl in cliff cave (for speed EV's on golbat) I found a shiny onix! I put it to sleep, did some damage, and caught it in a heavy ball! Rash nature, though. But still, my first shiny encounter on SS!

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 10th, Year One.

I have set up shop for the night near the three apricot trees south of Ecruteak City. Noctowl is out of sight in the trees somewhere as he is keeping watch. The rest of my Pokemon are in the tent with me, though I don't trust Sudowoodo enough to let him out of his ball. I have five days left of Pokemon food, so I should be set food wise until I go back into the city.

We've spent almost a full week training out here. Flaaffy was a surprise- easy to train and he got powerful quickly. I still have to do more work on him however. Noctowl is doing well and is where I need her. Eevee? Eevee may be an issue. It is weak to the point that I can't trust it in battle against those tough Stantler, meaning that I have to constantly reshuffle. Because of this, I am running out of healing items. However, I need to persevere- if it evolves into either Espeon or Umbreon, it will prove to be an invaluable member of the team.

I wonder how hard we've hit the local Hoothoot population. Flaaffy was roasting them time after time and even Eevee has been slapping them around lately. Regardless, it may prove worthwhile for someone to study the impact that long training regimes have on local Pokemon populations.

Sudowoodo and Flaaffy are both level 20, in my best estimate. Need to train them to at least 25, which puts them even with Noctowl. Then Eevee will continue to be trained, though I fear I may have missed out on the psychic evolution learning the move I needed it to- it may already be at level 16.

Quilava is getting restless. He is now at level 31 and is itching for a fight, but we need to be patient. Without my Pokemon, I feel alone- I need to make sure they are all strong for all of our sake's. Once I am comfortable, I plan on challenging the gym and some sight-seeing before I leave the city.

The local Stantler population has been brutal during training. I did not believe they would be such tough foes. Flaaffy's milestone at level 19 was finally defeating a level 15 Stantler. I will capture one before I leave this area, though I have no designed a use for it.

I feel so very tired. I've been spending so much time training that I have neglected to get enough sleep, which has been made worse by the fact that almost all my Pokemon are hurt at any given time due to those large Stantlers. I also need to do some laundry when I go back into the city, maybe while my Pokemon are at the center. I smell something very funky and it has to be me. It has been almost four months since I left home, and I'm regretting not packing some shorts.

It is about midnight I gather, so I should wake up around eight in the morning. By two, I will have reached the grass patch near the city. I'll train until about ten. If I need to go to the city, I can, but I'll probably just make camp somewhere close by. I just got sick of making camp in the grass, all that damn rustling got annoying.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 10th, Year One.

I have set up shop for the night near the three apricot trees south of Ecruteak City. Noctowl is out of sight in the trees somewhere as he is keeping watch. The rest of my Pokemon are in the tent with me, though I don't trust Sudowoodo enough to let him out of his ball. I have five days left of Pokemon food, so I should be set food wise until I go back into the city.

We've spent almost a full week training out here. Flaaffy was a surprise- easy to train and he got powerful quickly. I still have to do more work on him however. Noctowl is doing well and is where I need her. Eevee? Eevee may be an issue. It is weak to the point that I can't trust it in battle against those tough Stantler, meaning that I have to constantly reshuffle. Because of this, I am running out of healing items. However, I need to persevere- if it evolves into either Espeon or Umbreon, it will prove to be an invaluable member of the team.

I wonder how hard we've hit the local Hoothoot population. Flaaffy was roasting them time after time and even Eevee has been slapping them around lately. Regardless, it may prove worthwhile for someone to study the impact that long training regimes have on local Pokemon populations.

Sudowoodo and Flaaffy are both level 20, in my best estimate. Need to train them to at least 25, which puts them even with Noctowl. Then Eevee will continue to be trained, though I fear I may have missed out on the psychic evolution learning the move I needed it to- it may already be at level 16.

Quilava is getting restless. He is now at level 31 and is itching for a fight, but we need to be patient. Without my Pokemon, I feel alone- I need to make sure they are all strong for all of our sake's. Once I am comfortable, I plan on challenging the gym and some sight-seeing before I leave the city.

The local Stantler population has been brutal during training. I did not believe they would be such tough foes. Flaaffy's milestone at level 19 was finally defeating a level 15 Stantler. I will capture one before I leave this area, though I have no designed a use for it.

I feel so very tired. I've been spending so much time training that I have neglected to get enough sleep, which has been made worse by the fact that almost all my Pokemon are hurt at any given time due to those large Stantlers. I also need to do some laundry when I go back into the city, maybe while my Pokemon are at the center. I smell something very funky and it has to be me. It has been almost four months since I left home, and I'm regretting not packing some shorts.

It is about midnight I gather, so I should wake up around eight in the morning. By two, I will have reached the grass patch near the city. I'll train until about ten. If I need to go to the city, I can, but I'll probably just make camp somewhere close by. I just got sick of making camp in the grass, all that damn rustling got annoying.

Ah, I see I'm not the only one that does the story thing too. lol
    Quilava and Flaafy?! High-Five. I got Typhlosion and Ampharos. Did you nickname yours? I like your entry. Mine's is a page back if you want to check it out. lol

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Ah, I see I'm not the only one that does the story thing too. lol
    Quilava and Flaafy?! High-Five. I got Typhlosion and Ampharos. Did you nickname yours? I like your entry. Mine's is a page back if you want to check it out. lol

OOC: Thank you. I enjoyed your entry as well. As for nicknames, not at this moment in time- the way I am playing Trainer Shane is a rather neutral kid who is still struggling with whether to view Pokemon as tools of war, companions, slaves to his will, equals, or as animals. He does love his Pokemon in a way, but the sort of love that he can not define at this time. As such, he has no nicknames for his Pokemon at this time, though over time two or three will have grown close enough to him to be viewed as companions and friends.

I will edit this post later tonight with the next entry. Only a few things have happened- need to have a few more for it to be journal entry worthy.

TLDR VERSION;

In game: Raised Noctowl, Sudowoodo, Eevee, and Flaaffy to lvl. 25, saved inside the Pokecenter in the city.

Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 11th, 2010
    Today was a rough day. Got up at around eight and after we ate and woke up, we broke camp. It took us six hours to wander all the way around that thicket of trees. I swear that there has to be a better way to travel. Maybe the stories that the vicious Pokemon live in those thickets is true and maybe it isn't, but we added five hours to what could have been a simple walk on over.

It was nice though to see some people, though I find it somewhat sad that so many of them are so broke that they can't leave their camping positions. It makes me really conscious of the fact that I have less than a third of what I started this trip with. Training takes a lot out the Pokemon physically and takes a lot of endurance by the trainer, but the hidden killer is cash. Spend all your money on lodging and food and bam, you can't buy pokeballs or potions and before you know it, you can't afford anything ever again.

We set up camp next to the road sign. Because we'll be here a few days, I took the time to make sure our tent was sturdy. Heard a rumor on the Pokenet about a storm about to pass through. By three PM, we were finished. We ventured somewhat sheepishly into the tall grass and started training Eevee. He turned out to be a lot tougher than he was just a few days ago, fighting tooth and nail for every victory he earned. By the end of the day, he even stood up to a Stantler! I am so proud of him. He seems to be happier as well, which is good because that means he could evolve soon.

After a long, bloody day of training, we went back to camp where Bellsprout and Noctowl had been keeping watch. It is about ten o'clock now and I must say today was a huge success. I still had to use a few potions and those stocks are dwindling, but it was a successful day. Shocked at how well Eevee responded.

The Stantlers were acting very strange today, however. We encountered clumps, not singles. That troubles me. Is there a large group around here? Are Stantlers organized into tribes of some sort and there is a 'war' about to break out? I have no clue. Could just be mating season. Not sure what would be worse.

Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 12th
    Last night was a disaster. The storm did come and it was vicious. It kept us awake throughout the night and send Noctowl flying into the tent to escape the winds. I could hear the cries and whimpers of the wild Pokemon as they sought cover.

That was bad and the mess inside the tent was bad too, food, papers, and gear everywhere. We had that all picked up relatively early, but the problem was Eevee. He was like stone, completely immobile and petrified. Poor thing was scared to death of the storm. I knew he wouldn't be able to train so I allowed him to stay back at camp and calm down with Quilava there to keep watch.

I decided to train Flaaffy- damn fine Pokemon and a trickster, always poking around my bag. He almost destroyed a potion. Regardless, he came in handy today. The Stantlers were out in force today, you could hear them everywhere. We were running into so many that at times it felt like if we got in trouble it might be over. Flaaffy, however, fought hard and well. I like to think that I was able to keep my cool and help that way, but truth be told, I was terrified. We were all tired and now there dozens of Stantlers, maybe hundreds. I regretted not bringing Quilava.

By two PM, we had taken out our fair share but we were starting to get battered. We tried to make it back to camp, but what should have been a twenty minute walk turned into a three hour slog through Stantler after Stantler. What made it worse was that as we approached camp, we could see fire- Quilava was making short work of any stray Stantlers using Flame Wheel and Fire Blast. Meanwhile, Flaaffy was starting to run out of steam but he wouldn't quit. We finally broke through to camp. The Stantler herd then moved a little bit aways and we were spared any more incidents.

We must have, between Quilava, Flaaffy, and Noctowl, taken out forty or fifty Stantlers. It didn't even make a dent. I need to study these creatures at some point and see if they are here to mate or if something else

Poor Eevee was still shaking like a leaf. I had to feed him before he went to bed. Everyone is exhausted and we're all done for the night. I was going to map out the future moveset for Espeon, but I need to sleep.

Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 13th
    Today has been highly, highly productive. Last night there was a little storm weather but nothing too bad, though I decided that Eevee was still too shaken up to be effective. I took Noctowl, Sudowoodo, and Flaaffy out with me to train.

Noctowl was easy as we only had a little to do and we were done by noon. He isn't as flashy as Flaaffy nor as powerful as Quilava, but he is a solid and dependable Pokemon. I was then going to go back to camp and spend some time working on that moveset, but Sudowoodo brought itself out of the ball!
    Impudent little rock-tree thing. Still though, I admire the spirit it has. So I started to train with it and I now feel bad for the local Pokemon. Sudowoodo is slow but nothing could harm it and it was doing just oodles of damage. It's training is done for now, but man, once it knows Wood Hammer it will be very, very valuable. Before we left, we ran into a stray Stantler. I decided that this would be the one I capture and I used Noctowl to do so. Despite being knocked down and basically powerless- and despite being asleep- she still resisted three Pokeballs and I was forced to use a good ball. Tough creature, though I felt bad for catching it- used to be free and is now restricted in that ball. How often will I even let it out since I'm so focused on my goal? I've gotta stop beating myself up after every capture.

Eevee ate normally and seems back up to his regular shenanigans, running around with Bellsprout and Flaaffy. That's a good sign. It's happy and healthy, so tomorrow will be a training day. Still don't know what to expect from the night though and we haven't eaten, but man, what a great day.

Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 14th
    The morning was absolutely gorgeous and went smoothly. No bad weather, we all slept well, and we all felt great. I should have known that meant that the day itself would be brutal, and it was. Eevee finally went out again to train and it was harder than I thought. Stantler after Stantler and Hypnosis after Hypnosis- I sit here hours later with absolutely no potions left because I saw poor Eevee get stomped on all day. But the tough, cute little beast fought back hard and got where I needed it to get.

I am worried, though. I need Eevee to evolve because I have no use for the dear normally as it doesn't fit into the plan. If I find a better suited Pokemon, I will use that one. I don't want to do this. Eevee is adorable, playful, and has potential. But I don't want to end up like these other failed trainers, living in tents of projects within cities because they can't pay for anything. I need to win every time I battle other trainers. I need every cent. I need that for training and living. If I have a weak spot and it is exploited because Eevee has not evolved, I fear I may grow to hate him.
    Please, Eevee. Just evolve.

But still, tomorrow should be a good day. Going to the city, which means I can get something real to eat for myself, stock up on Pokemon food and items for my next trip, and get some lodging for a while. That should be tough- I don't have much. The bottom-feeder scenario is I sleep at the Pokecenter, but I've done that before.

Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 15th
    We ate, packed up camp, and started north to Ecruteak City. Nothing new here for me as I have had to come here about four times for supplies during the training regime, but so nice to see civilization. Not that I did much that made me any different from any of the thousands of trainers that come there everyday. I went to the Pokemart, the Pokefood store(the prices are insane and I almost unleashed Quilava on the owner), and a small, cheap eatery that catered to traveling trainers. It felt so good to eat something hot for once.
    I spoke to a few local trainers there who offered to let me crash at their places until I left town. No way. The projects for down on their luck trainers is a cesspool. So many young people so desperate for money with no real hope makes for a situation where good people suddenly get sticky fingers with other people's Pokemon.

Of course, that did highlight a serious issue. I have basically no money left, none at all. This upcoming Gym battle will more or less decide my fate as a trainer and, if I'm unlucky enough, will decide my life. If I fail and lose everything but my Pokemon, I can at least find SOME way back home. If I lose and get jumped on the way to the Pokemon center and they take my Pokemon, I may be forced to spend the rest of my life in this city. Failure is not an option.

After I ate, I went to the laundry mat and did my laundry with the free washes afforded to traveling trainers. I now feel so much better, though I still need to find a shower. I then went over to the Pokemon center and promptly collapsed after handing my Pokemon in. That was at around six PM. It is now nine and I woke up randomly. These seats are actually quite comfortable- guess they thought it likely that poor trainers may sleep there. I love Pokemon Centers. They didn't just heal actual injuries- they cleaned your Pokemon, got all those annoying ticks and fleas off. Your Pokemon never look as good as they do right after they come back from the Pokemon Center.

But I digress. I will challenge the Gym leader first thing tomorrow morning. Not my style per se, but I need the money. Then I'll spend a few days in town, getting to unwind before I head out towards Mt, Mortar.

Side Note: A few weeks ago, Quilava torched a Yanma. I can see that EXACT SAME YANMA being healed here by some bug trainer. Coincidences are awesome.

Last edited:

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Bugsy and Whitney, couldn't post on here as my internet was playing up most of the day, I arrived in Ecruteak and headed to the burned tower after healing my pokemon, I defeated my rival and caught myself a Magmar at Lv16, I'm now in the process of training it to level 23 to match the rest of my team

My Team:

Croconaw Lv23
    Flaafy Lv23
    Pidgeotto Lv23
    Magmar Lv17

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Well I restarted Soul Silver (on July 5, 2010) since I couldn't be bothered resuming my old save file (on that note, does anyone know how to reset a PokéWalker?)

Anyway, I just defeated Team Rocket in Goldenrod City, and here is how I'm progressing so far:

Time Played: 32:29

Pokedex:
    - Seen: 156
    - Obtained: 76

Party:
    Don/Nidorino (lv.36) - Double Kick, Toxic Spikes, Shadow Claw, Dig
    Broski/Quilava (lv.36) - Lava Plume, Swift, Smokescreen, Leer
    Helga/Fearow (lv.36) - Return, Fly, Agility, Pursuit
    Bonnie/Poliwhirl (lv.35) - Surf, Hypnosis, Mud Shot, Body Slam
    Dell/Magneton (lv.37) - Spark, Magnet Bomb, Thunder Wave, Screech
    Rink/Raticate (lv.16) - Cut, Bite, Rock Smash, Strength [HM Slave]​

So yeah, I've been taking it pretty slowly. Doing the daily tour of Johto gathering Apricorns, getting daily freebies, and constantly checking on my berries to ensure maximum output. I also spent some time evolving some Pokémon for my dex, and breeding baby Pokémon for that purpose as well. At this point I'd like to go back and continue catching and leveling up for the sake of my dex, but I need to go through Ice Cave to Blackthorn City. I want to add Jynx to my party so that I have an ice type for the 8th gym and a psychic type as well.

I also need to evolve most of my team. I'll evolve Quilava very soon (I just realised that it learns Flamethrower at level 42 regardless). Poliwhirl and Nidorino are both gonna be left till level 43 so that they learn Wake-Up Slap and Poison Jab respectively before they evolve. I'll need a water stone though. so I'm checking out the Pokéathalon Dome every day. I do have a Moon Stone though - mom bought me one :3. Magneton can really be evolved whenever I want - I'll probably trade it over to my Diamond cart soon, teach it Tri-Attack, and then level it up on Mt. Coronet to get myself a Magnezone.

Speaking of moves, I definitely need to do something about Nidorino's moveset. Poison Jab is going to be learnt soon, and once I find the TM it'll learn Earthquake. It'll also eventually learn Megahorn, but that leaves me with one more slot to fill, so we'll see I guess. Surf will be replaced by Waterfall on Poliwhirl/Wrath when I get it, so I'll need to move that to my HM slave. I'll also teach Poliwhirl Wake-Up Slap and use it with Hypnosis. I need to get Focus Blast for my Quilava/Typhlosion to learn, and I was thinking of tutoring it Thunderpunch (despite it no longer being a special move). Don't know when I'll be able to do that though. I haven't really thought about Fearow, aside from teaching it Steel Wing one day. Roost will be good though when it learns it. Magneton will learn Discharge and Mirror Shot soon, so that'll be fine.

mmmmm yep, that's pretty much it. I need more berries to grow and more space to grow them in :(. Sitrus berries will be nice. I actually think I'll go smash some rocks to get shards and heart scales.

Last edited:

Amaru

Master Cloner
    Years
    Made it to Morty.
    Released the beasts.
    Slapped my Rival.
    Went back to Union Cave and got the Friday lapras.
    Went back to goldenrod to get bills eevee.

Spent a hour trying to find a Ditto. (Didn't so I gave up)
    Went to Mahogany town.
    Caught the Red Gyarados.
    Defeated all the Team Rocket in the underground.
    Realized I needed a Fire type, so I went in search for a Growlithe.
    Found one and I am currently training it.
    (As I'm typing this, I ran in to Entei. Couldn't do anything though.)

My Team.
    Growlithe (16)
    Absol (30)
    Lapras (22)
    Bayleef (30)
    Flaffy (26)

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 16th

I woke up with refreshed and was greeted by the nurse, who was more than happy to give me my Pokemon back. We all ate and I kept Quilava out. We immediately left the Pokemon Center and got lost. I found myself wandering around and eventually was surprised to find myself next to the Dance Theater. I could swear I could hear the sound of a girl screaming, so I decided to check it out.

It was a Team Rocket buttwipe harassing the pretty kimono girl. No one was doing anything so I went on stage and absolutely smoked the guy. He left and in return I got a cool HM and some lunch, so it was definitely worth it. And she gave me a peck on the cheek, booyeah!

After I stumbled out of the building, I somehow gathered my bearings and went to the gym. It was dark and the only thing I got was a shove out and a whisper that the Gym Leader was at the burned down tower. You know, I'm starting to dislike Gym Leaders. They act as if their time is so damn valuable and we should wait for them. WE'RE THE ONES WITH NO MONEY AND HAVING TO TREAT EVERY BATTLE LIKE IT IS OUR LAST! So frustrating, so I stormed off towards the tower.

It was a poor sight to behold, especially when Bell Tower still stands tall. Such beauty destroyed by the forces of nature, now a wreck revered by the locals. Why haven't they rebuilt it? It makes no sense and it seems like a disservice to the Pokemon who, apparently, died during the fire. Regardless, I stepped inside and felt the air around me grow heavy as I entered. There was a large hole in front of me and I could barely make out three shapes in the bottom of the tower, but something about them at the time made my heart jump.

That might have been because of Morty's friend, who suddenly leapt from the darkness to inform me that they were legendary Pokemon and that he had spent the last ten years of his life tracking down one of them, Suicune I think it was. I swear that people need to learn their manners because he nearly made me fall down through the hole. I would have been killed and then probably eaten by the above mentioned legendary Pokemon. Next to the freak was the Gym Leader, who gave me some lame excuse about how he needed to understand these legends as a major member of the town. Screw this guy, I could have been through his pansy Gym and rented a hotel room by now.

I looked down and decided that I was either going to scatter or capture those Legendaries and get Morty back into the gym. I saw a ladder and approached it, only to see Ericson again. I hate this kid. He acts like he is the single greatest thing in existence, even when I wipe the floor with him. He was smug as he talked about how the legendaries respect strength and how I was fit to only fight Rockets- to be honest, anyone can fight Rockets. I don't get why people fear them. Regardless, his words stoked the fires of my rage and we fought.

It was another easy fight. He sent out Ghastly, who I instantly swept aside with Fire Wheel. It happened so quickly that the smug look on his face vanished, replaced by worried eyes and a straight mouth. Croconaw came out next, but as he said the name I quickly called Quilava back and Flaaffy was released. They came out almost at the same time, Ericson seemed shocked. I ordered my Flaaffy to charge- I knew Flaaffy could take a hit and I wanted that Croc down and out ASAP. Croconaw used Ice Fang as Flaaffy charged, which did moderate damage- and sealed his fate. It took Croconaw too long to hit and when he did, Flaaffy unleashed a thundershock that couldn't miss. A few seconds of intense light later, and Ericson had to recall his eliminated Croc from the battle. He seemed to fumble for his next pokeball, which brought forth a Zubat which was just as quickly dropped by another thundershock. I was proud of the efficiency with which Flaaffy fought. Regardless, Ericson tossed out his last Pokemon and chided me again for being weak. I withdraw Flaaffy and called on Sudowoodo. That turned out to not be the best decision, as Magnemite ran rings around Sudowoodo. First my rock-tree thing was paralyzed and as Sudowoodo struggled to move, was made confused. Sudowoodo first hit itself in the face with a kick and fell down and was then hit by a sonic boom, which made it fall down again. Magnemite raced towards Sudowoodo to unleash a close range sonic boom when my tree-rock thing finally connected with a low kick. It turned out to be the last thing he did, as the sonic boom hit moments later and Sudowoodo was out. I call on Eevee to finish the battle, more for experience than anything else by this point, and it complied with a quick attack that sent Magnemite into a pillar and out of the contest.

Ericson pouted and I saw his account get drained into mine to the tune of a thousand bucks. He stormed off and I, once again, felt awesome. That kid sucks and the more I beat him, the more I feel as if he needs to find a new path in life.
    Like farming.

I went down the ladder and saw the three legendary beasts. It was dark, but I could make out their forms. There was something enchanting about the way they looked and the way the air seemed to form around them, like their mere presence was changing the air I breathed. I tried to get closer so as to get a real honest look at them but I saw all of their heads turn. Within a moment, two had fled with such speed as to be a blur and nothing more. The third, a blue one, one that seemed to be as still as a statue, looked straight at me. For a moment, it felt as though time and space stood still. I suddenly felt the breath leave my body and I fell on my butt, losing track of the beast. I blinked and it was gone as well.

It was so beautiful, I just don't know how to describe it. My hands are getting clammy even as I type this. It was just so transcendent that I feel unworthy for even staring at it, like my presence around it and the tower was one of a Rattatta next to a Charizard. I was snapped out of my daze by that same guy from above, who once again scared me by telling me the name. Suicune. It was called Suicune. I will remember that name.

I went back to the Pokemon Center at around 8 PM and sent them in once more. I also paid to use their showers and as I type this, I feel clean for the first time in fifty days. Tomorrow will be the Gym.
    I bet Morty is worried.

The Fourteenth Doctor

The little... Daleks
    Years
    Defeated Morty on my second attempt, when I lost the first time I headed to Olivine and spoke to Jasmine, training my pokemon along the way, I also replaced my Magmar with a Vulpix before battling Morty too.

I'm currently surfing across to Cianwood City to battle Chuck, obtain the secretpotion and return it to Jasmine.

My Team:

Croconaw Lv27
    Vulpix Lv27
    Flaaffy Lv27
    Pidgeotto Lv27

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    So I finally decided I was strong enough on my HG to take on the E4. I was definetely ready. Mantine used 1 agility, and was able to sweep lance's dragonites.
    And now I'm enjoying a Yanma swarm going on at route 35.

TrainerShane

The Planner
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Trainer Shane's Electronic Journal- July 17th
    Woke up and basically leapt out of the Pokemon Center with my Pokemon in tow. We ate at a restaurant that served both humans and Pokemon. While we did that, I pumped myself up with some industrial metal. I think it set the mood for the day.

The Gym tried to be scary, but it wasn't. The darkness and the fog made it difficult to walk, but I didn't have trouble for a time. I knew I was safe- they couldn't make traps that would kill you, not after what happened in Saffron three years back. The trainers I faced were very, very easy- Quilava rolled through every last one with Flame Wheel or Fire Blast. It was a massacre.

I was the one having problems. I eventually took a step too far into the darkness and found myself all the way back at the start. Still, less than half an hour after I had started my trek, I was faced with that smug Gym Leader.

He really thought he was powerful, but I put him to a test he failed. His first Ghastly hardly had time to announce itself before it was knocked out, and the Gengar that followed was immediately hit by a Fire Blast and sent rocketing off of the platform we fought on. The next two Haunters both caved in under the immense strength of Fire Blast and less than five minutes after we started, I had won.

Morty seemed shocked as he handed me the Fog Badge, TM30(which I had Eevee learn), and cash up the ying-yang. I guess he wasn't used to getting his butt whipped as badly as it happened. Punk Gym Leader, really. I respect them all, even him, but so far I have NOT been impressed by the 'best of the best'.

I used my money wisely: Ate a much better restaurant, took everyone to see a movie(which was not all that bad), and rented a small hotel room for the night. I called my mom while my Pokemon healed- she still refuses to give me over three thousand bucks that could make a world of difference- and after everything was finished, hung out at the hotel. They're all sleeping now while I watch some really bad B-Movie. It was a good day and a good way to spend my money, I think. We all deserved a nice night, we worked hard for it.

Eevee is getting close to evolving, that I can feel. Espeon would be a fine addition to the team. Noctowl hasn't had much use lately, but is still a solid player. Flaaffy is an emerging all-star, I believe. Quilava is still as much of a king as he was before. Sudowoodo remains my one issue at this time. There have been times where he was quite good, but he was absolutely whipped against Ericson. His development will be key- I'm too far invested in this group to start over with another Pokemon.

Which reminds me, exnay on the Mt. Mortar-ay. There seems to be some sort of commotion in the Lake of Rage and reports from the town close by are not good. I guess I'll go the other way and see what is in store.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Time Played: 36:24

Pokedex:
    - Seen: 167
    - Obtained: 81

Party:
    Mercury/Smoochum (lv.28) - Mean Look, Confusion, Sweet Kiss, Powder Snow
    Helga/Fearow (lv.37) - Return, Fly, Agility, Pursuit
    Bonnie/Poliwhirl (lv.37) - Surf, Hypnosis, Mud Shot, Belly Drum
    Don/Nidorino (lv.37) - Double Kick, Toxic Spikes, Shadow Claw, Dig
    Broski/Typhlosion (lv.37) - Lava Plume, Swift, Smokescreen, Focus Blast
    Dell/Magnezone (lv.39) - Spark, Magnet Bomb, Thunder Wave, Tri Attack

So after I spent some time collecting shards and what not from smashing rocks near Cianwood City, I decided to trek through the Ice Cave. I first went in and caught myself a Jynx (as I expressed a desire to do so earlier). After raising it for a few levels though I realised that it doesn't learn any Psychic moves natually, so I bred myself a Smoochum (which helped my dex as well), and so now I've been raising that. At this point I have 7 more levels till it learns Psychic, after which I can evolve it to Jynx and take on Gym Leader Claire (her Kingdra is going to be hell).

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Well, I finally got a DS two days ago, and with it I got HeartGold. I have fond memories of playing the first Gold when I was 8 years old. Gold was the first GBC game I ever owned, so naturally HeartGold should be the first DS game I've ever known.

In the two days since I've started, I've managed to beat 7 of the 8 Johto gyms, but I want to get my team stronger (all at least level 45) before I take on Clair.

Spaking of my team, here it is (At the moment currently underleveled and unbalanced ]: )
    Lv37 Typhlosion (I always get the fire starter)
    Lv34 Kadabra (This guy's a beast; knocked out all 4 of Morty's Pokemon with one hit of Psybeam each)
    Lv35 Dragonair (my reward for hours upon hours of Voltorb Flipping)
    Lv27 Magneton (A relatively new addition that I caught at the Safari Zone.)
    Lv32 Fearow (I probably won't have much use for this one after Dragonair evolves)

Like I said, I want to get all these guys to Lv45, maybe even get Dragonair to 55 so it evolves. But that's going to take hours, maybe even days...

So I've made a ton of progress in the past couple of days.
    I got the 8th badge, finally managed to evolve my Dragonair, and got to the Pokemon League. I decided that the best way to train would be to deposit all my money and then challenge the E4 and lose over and over again, all the while gaining exp points.

On one such challenge I narrowly beat Karen and was expecting a decisive loss at Lance's hands. Nonetheless, I healed up all my Pokemon and took him on.

Knowing he would start with Gyarados, I led off with Magneton (Lv41). As expected, Gyarados struck first with Waterfall, which cut off about a third of Magneton's HP. I countered with Discharge, which KO'd Magneton in one hit.

Then Charizard was next. I switched out Magneton with Dragonite (Lv56), who knocked Charizard out in one blow with a critical-hit Surf attack. Lance then sent out Dragonite, who was KO'd by Dragon Rush. Ditto for the next Dragonite. I couldn't believe it; I was actually winning despite an underleveled team!

After his two Lv49 Dragonite were down, Lance sent out Aerodactyl. I selected Surf for Dragonite to use next, but Aerodactyl, having the edge on speed, struck first with Rock Slide, and in a cruel twist of events, took down poor Dragonite in a critical hit. I sent out Magneton again. Aerodactyl twice used Rock Slide and Magneton twice used Discharge, and in the end Magneton prevailed, albeit with only a sliver of HP left.

Only Lance's Lv50 Dragonite was left. I recalled Magneton and sent out my Lv33 Fearow--who was now nothing more than an HM slave--to buy me some time. I searched my bag for an item to use, and there it was--one Max Revive. I hastily brought my Dragonite back to health, and shortly thereafter witnessed Fearow become the fatal victim of Outrage.

Perfect, I thought. So I sent out my own Dragonite. And there we were, in a fateful Dragon-versus-Dragon sudden death. If he KO'd my Dragonite, the rest of my team would probably follow the same fate, as they were no match. If I KO'd his Dragonite, I would be crowned Pokemon League Champion and be on my way to Kanto very soon (not knowing that I would have to deal with that Kimono Girl/Ho-Oh BS).

My next move was Dragon Rush. I knew it was risky, since Dragon Rush is, at 75% a pretty inaccurate move, and considering that it had hit successfully the last few times I had used it, I had a feeling that my luck was going to run out. I held my breath as I selected "Dragon Rush" and saw the text "DRAGONITE used Dragon Rush!"

...and it made contact. As the enemy Dragonite's HP ran down into the yellow phase and then the red phase, I half-expected it to stop just short of being empty--a barely-visible sliver of red. Instead I was greeted by the lower-pitched death cry of Lance's Dragonite. I was now the Pokemon League Champion.

...ok, that was long, but I felt like it was a pretty epic battle. :)

So now I have sixteen badges, and am getting ready to take on Red.

My active team right now is:
    Lv64 Dragonite
    Lv56 Typhlosion
    Lv55 Magneton
    Lv54 Kadabra

I'm going to Pal Park a couple of tough Pokemon from my Fire Red to help me with my E4 re-battle training, and probably add Tyranitar to my team if I can find the time (and the patience) to catch and train a Larvitar.

Last edited:
    Back