• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
  • Alot has happened since I last updated like my team changing up:

Charizard 52, Dragonite 55, and Ampharos 59 were replaced by Lilea, Natsuna and sometimes Honch.

I beat the league with my old team b4 the switch.

-After the switch I destoryed all of the Kanto gymleaders and i am now proceeding to get their numbers so I can train b4 battling red.
    -I am also catching all the pokemon I can to complete the pokedex.
    -Current team on sig

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Sigh... I'm having a hard time deciding if I should evolve my Croconaw and Sneasel before battling Red. They are already around Lv77 both..

Or should I do that after beating Red? Yeah, probably. Surely not before. I don't know.

I don't want them to evolve! I like them this way.. But I can see that Rain and Hazel want to be even more stronger than they already are. What on Earth should we do?

Years
  • I recently start my game over and I end up in golden rod city. I also caught myself a shiny ninordian for the first time. Its a female one. I was so happy.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • We just had our battle with Red..
    To be honest, we were pretty freaked out and scared to face him. But only two of my pokemon ended fighting his pokemon - Ampharos and Houndoom.. Had to use lots of medicine due to the underlevelness -_- But.. We still managed..to beat Red..0_0

Afterwards I got myself a Charmander from Oak and a Mudkip from Steven. Now I guess I'll go on a short vacation in Olivine. Beach *_*

pika247

Pikachu Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2012
    Kingdra, Garchomp, and Metagross nearly beat Palmer, but Milotic manged to sweep all three after getting hit by two Dragon Pulses from Kingdra and a dragon Rush from Garchomp. Metagross didn't even get a ThunderPunch in thanks to Hypnosis.

Why couldn't Palmer's team be as easy as Argenta's lone Articuno? Garchomp took that thing out in two Rock Slides. Sigh. Off to challenge the Battle Tower again. This time Palmer, that Silver Print is MINE!!!!!!!!!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Restarted, after defeating Red for the first time ever.....and the only survivors were my Feraligatr and Mewtwo.

Everybody overestimates Pikachu. My lv.55 Donphan took an Iron Tail to the face, then OHKO'd back with Earthquake. Hitmontop took care of Snorlax, Feraligatr on Charizard.Eventually. And Mewtwo OHKOing everything else. Oh, and Arcanine, who I trained to lv.70 against Bugsy, OHKO'd Venusaur with Overheat.

So I sacrificed 4/6 pokemon resurrecting Mewtwo and Feraligatr xD

_______________________________________________________________​

On my new save file, I've deliberately caught everything possible. Apart from getting a Slugma Egg off Primo, as I've not had internet access much today.

So, after catching Sudowoodo, here's my progress:

Badges: 3
    Pokedex: 40

Team

"Sudowoodo"
    lv.20

"Togetic"
    lv.23

"Cyndaquil"
    lv.25

"Pichu"
    lv.30

Technically, if I had a Shiny Stone, and a Thunderstone, and let Cyndaquil evolve, I could have 43 pokedex entries.

However, I resisted evolving Togepi after defeating Whitney (I could've had a double-evolution, but instead it was a double evolution-cancel). I also refuse to evolve Cyndaquil, who is adorable, unless lack of power on its' behalf causes me to lose a battle. Or in other words, it'll be evolved 2 times in Mount Silver xD.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Amore, I didn't evolve my Croconaw until later in the game too xD But I did that after beating Red.. Battle Tower is way hard.

As for my progress.. I've done nothing except for losing for a 100500 times in the Battle Tower to the trainers that are after Palmer. I hate that. I even raised and EV-trained a Garchomp with uber moves, but it still does not help.

Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2012
    I just got my first NDS Console (DSi XL) yesterday and also got a Pokemon : Soul Silver game! (I dunno why I don't like Heart Gold). I've played Pokemon since the Blue / Red / Yellow (Got all those 3 games which are currently lost) Versions on GBC, Pokemon Gold / Silver / Crystal on GBC (Lost too D: All those 6 cartridges) and Pokemon Sapphire / Ruby / Emerald on GBA ( Make that 9 lost cartridges... ) I'm a newbie to DS and will just start playing a bit later because I have homeworks to do D:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Just done another day of HeartGold-ing xD

Caught some of the rarest pokemon in the game: Miltank, Tauros and.......Marill!!!!

Best thing about Marill is its' got a neutral nature, no iffy -Atk one, and Huge Power!

Sadly, Snubbull and Heracross are evading me, although I found 100s of Aipom, Exeggcute, Pineco in Headbutt trees.

I now have some of the rarest pokemon in Johto: Marill, Pikachu, Pichu (Shiny and Notch-Eared), Mew, Celebi, Sneasel (shiny). All were traded, apart from Marill and Notch-Eared Pichu, but I found them all in SoulSilver.

Pokedex

Seen: 103
    Caught: 58

This is good, as I haven't evolved my Cyndaquil, eh?

Team

I'm having a tough time deciding whether or not I'll ever evolve Marill,Cyndaquil and Togetic (although events might call for it), and whether to break my overall cuteness-based-team to get a Red Gyarados or something strong.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I am training my main team to lvl 75 bf my team battle against the Dragon Masters with my rival. After that I'll train to lvl 85 to battle red. After I beat red start a bird team and train under Falkner like he promised

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • Woooo, beat my Battle Tower Record.. Now it's 35 -_- When the hell am I going to beat all of them? My Garchomp seems strong enough, but still.. Also my Espeon and Feraligatr are veeery strong with moves that I recently got from the Battle Frontier shop.. sigh.

Years
  • Master Blaine has been battling me and my KING all day. Sometimes Tyrant had to help bcuz KING would faint with burn. Lately KING hasn't been on his A-game I think its almost time to replace him.

I've also been breeding some primo pokemon like a Granbull with Close Combat, Swellow with Sky Attack, and Heracross with False Swipe (not very epic but i need a new catcher cuz Honch has gotten stronger lately.)

Just Double battled the Dragon Masters with Nero and to tell you the truth, I feel sorry for Nero: He still lost against Lance and left Tyrant alone against 2 Dragonites and a Charizard. Tyrant was amazing bcuz every Stone Edge attack hit making our job easy since Nero let us down, He promised that he'll get stronger and I look forward to seeing that happen.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Going for a SS run with using ONLY gift Pokemon. Might even go for a Sinjoh Ruins Giratina.

Am on a new game in SS. Chose Chikorita (female). Just arrived in Violet and got the Mareep, Wooper, and Slugma eggs from Primo at the Pokemon Center using passwords obtained from a (German?) website shown in spoiler box.

Spoiler:

Running around hatching the eggs before levelling Slugma to Rock Throw...

Last edited:

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
    Years
  • My Houndoom just reached Lv 100 0_0
    My first Lv 100 pokemon in SS, woooo. I'm proud. Grinded him with E4..
    He ended up having 333 in his Sp.Attack which is very nooooot bad.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I just restarted my Heart gold(again, 4th time I think) and chose cyndaquil for my starter. But now that I have 2 ds's, I'm gonna trade myself some low lvl pokes I bred myself. So far all I know I want is a modest yanma, and a skarmory(not til after Morty.)

EDIT: So far I'm at sprout tower, my cyndaquil is lvl 13, and I gave myself a modest yanma. Caught slowpoke too.

Last edited:
    Years
  • My pokemon got a big lvl boost sfter rematching 13/16 gymleaders
    King 80-84
    Tyrant 80-84
    Togeprii 82- 85
    Lilea 83-86
    Natusna 80-84

Lilea is ready for Red but every1 else needs to train a little more.

Back