• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Tryst

Yay!! Bubbles!!
    Years
    After I arrived in Cianwood City, I explored the area and then challenged Gym Leader Chuck. I didn't have much trouble with his Primeape, but Poliwrath was totally different! Also I was at a type disadvantage with Typhlosion. I used Smokescreen which messed up Poliwrath's accuracy. It took several minutes, but I finally defeated Chuck.

I skipped over the Olivine Gym and went on to Mahogany Town. Now that was a fun gym!

Today it is back to Olivine and more exploring.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    im training for morty,
    finally found growlithe that had flash fire....
    and it roared me away >.>

Neelh

i am so win lol!!1! :P
    Years
    Entry 1.

Hi guys! I'm Helen, a trainer attempting to challenge the Pokemon Leauge with my trusty Fiero!

Well, now I'm feeling pretty bad, because I couldn't get a Shiny Stone to evolve Tobeca into a Togekiss. But when I was going to some random town/city I can't ever remember the name of, I saw the best thing ever to battle Sandie, my beautiful Pidgeotto, who was flying alongside me right now. She's Level 35, same as my Roserade Emily and Tobeca. Anyway, I'd finished training Psycobito, my Girafarig who would shortly be returning to my PC, home to over 95 different Pokemon, and now I was training Sandie. Soon I came across a Stantler. Sandie flew into battle, and with a Gust and a Twister, Stantler had gone DOWN! Sandie squawked at me.

"Oh, you're going to evolve soon!" I beamed. I fingered my battered red Pokedex eagerly. "Great! One more Stantler and you'll be on your last evolution!"

We battled another one, but Sandie was still a Pidgeotto. I sighed. "One more."

Even I didn't believe that.

We battled another Stantler, and I was certain Sandie was going up a level.

A white glow envoloped her.

I remembered catching a Level 3 Pidgey, her following me when I defeated Whitney with my all-girl-one-genderless team. Evolution into the slightly-scruffy Pidgeotto. Training with her relentlessly.

And now this.

"Sandie, don't evolve!" I yelled.

My efforts were in vain. Before me stood a Pidgeot. Just a bit shorter than me. Beautiful and elegant, with a determind air. But still, there was that cute, little, bumbling Sandie aura still shinging through. I hugged her.

"You're beautiful, but you'll never change. Not really. You're still Sandie!"

"Piji, piji, piji!"

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    Started off with Totodile and then Caught a Zubat in the Dark Cave. Trained them to level 10 and entered the Bell Tower. Both were level 13 by the end.

Went to challenge for my 1st Badge, Totodile lv 15, and Zubat Lv 14, Defeated and got my badge (Dang Roost Move), and then Rested for the night after getting an EGG!?!?

Battled my way thru the Union cave, Headed into the forest to catch a Paras! Trained him up to level 10. Then Caught up the the POKEBALL creator! He ran into the well and I had to fight the rockets! After that he brought me back to his house and I got some Balls and his number! (Dang thses Pervy men always giving me their numbers)

Anyways started training a bit before I hit that gym.

Totodile ~Jawz~ 18
    Zubat ~Darla~ 17
    Paras ~Portabello~ 16

Last edited:

girliehhhhhh

safhsdjklhfsdjk;
    Years
    I'm what you call wandering. I'm too lazy to train Dratiny and capture Lugia. Also, I don't know what to do for my Pokemon team which is unlike me, usually I plan before hand. My team consist of Typhlosion at lvl 41, an Ampharos at lvl 40, and a red Gyarados at lvl 40. Training Dratiny as my main flying Pokemon. I actually planned for Honchkrow but no dusk stone. Considering Tyrogue and goes at whatever he evolved too, then found out that I have to go to, as bulbapedia says, 'one of the most confusing mountains ever.'No thanks. Thought of training Eevee as Umbreon, since Umbreon is the only Eeveeelution I never got, but I was never the defensive type. All of my Pokemon's moves are offensive. Then realized you can get Larvitar at the Safari Zone, I'm now there and taking the Safari ownership challenge.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    caught a flash fire growlithe and natural cure staryu :3
    my teams coming along nicely ^^

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    Got my Bug badge my Crocanaw took care of his Scyther, after it one hit K.O'd my Zubat with a Quick attack.

Defeated my Rival/Thief. And caught the two escaped Farfetch'd. Trained my pokemon a lil bit in the forest. Found the Komono Lady and let her know what way to go, then left the Useless Forest!

Battled the WEAK trainers and got to the Daycare. Got both their numbers and then Caught a Ditto in the back of the Daycare. Egg Hatch'd and went all the way back to the Professor! Then ran all the way back to Golden Rod City.

Traded with a friend for a Vulpix. And then Bred it and got and Egg.

Got a Coin Case, a Bike, and Fashion Case! Answered all the Questions to get the Radio. Then went North to Battle More Trainers. Vulpix Egg Hatch'd her name is Foxy! Trained her a Lil bit. Zubat Evolved to Golbat.

Entered the Bug Contest with Paras and Caught a Pinsir and won the contest.

Saved and rested for now.

Crocanaw - Jaws - 22
    Golbat - Darla - 22
    Paras - Portabello - 22
    Vulpix - Foxy - 10

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Beat Clair and after six attempts and got some new moves for Typhlosion, Feraligatr and Meganium. Currently training for the Kimono Girls. They're really difficult >< All Scyther has is U-Turn which is kinda good against Umbreon. Espeon is just too fast, and takes out my Feraligatr before it can Crunch her up. Don't get me started on Jolteon -_-'

The Team:

Meganium Level 35
    Petal Dance | Synthesis | Magical Leaf | Plant Frenzy

Ampharos Level 35
    ThunderPunch | Cotton Spore | Discharge | ThunderWave

Pupitar Level 35
    Dark Pulse | Rock Slide | Payback | Dig

Typhlosion Level 36
    Blast Burn | Lava Plume | Extrasensory | Flamethrower

Feraligatr Level 36
    Crunch | Hydro Cannon | Dragon Pulse | Surf

Scyther Level 35
    U-turn | Wing Attack | Razor Wind | False Swipe

Looking for a Metal Coat so Scyther can evolve into Scizor, because his defense is a joke and he's getting destroyed by Jolton and Flareon.

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    Defeated the Normal Gym Leader with Golbat/Darla. Then Got the Squirt Bottle and continued onward towards my next badge.

I defeated Sudowoodo. And then a bunch of other two on two trainers, then met Bil late last night before crashing.

Crocanaw - Jaws - 24
    Golbat - Darla - 24
    Paras - Portabello - 23
    Vulpix - Foxy - 18

girliehhhhhh

safhsdjklhfsdjk;
    Years
    Well I just caught Ho-Oh. Decided to get tyrogue. Then went to get Dratini and well, again the English version is different from the Japanese version. Because apparently Clair wanted us to meet her back in the gym and I didn't read that part. So I walked around Dragon's Den Aimlessly looking for her, decided to go back to the gym. And now I'm headed to get Dratini.

My Team looks like this:
    Typhlosion: Lv. 58 (Shiny Leaf. :])
    Notched ear Pichu: Lv. 33
    Ho-Oh: Lv 45
    Gyarados: Lv 40
    Ampharos: Lv. 40

(Not my E4 team so don't fret.)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Just went up against the Elite Four. Had hardly any problems against Will, Koga, Bruno and Karen. Then, Lance...gah. His Gyarados was nothing for my Ampharos but damn that Lv. 50 Dragonite took out my entire team! Then I remembered his 4x weakness to Ice Beam >:] So, now I need to find that TM somehow and teache it to Feraligatr and I think I could win...Also, Scizor needs some much better moves...I'm thinking Iron Head, Brick Break and Aerial Ace. Need some actual chance against Karen with fighting type moves instead of just messing around with U-turn

The Team!

Meganium Level 40
    Iron Tail | Synthesis | Magical Leaf | Frenzy Plant
    [Meganium hasn't been much use in the Elite Four - as you can tell, she's gained no levels! But she is useful as a decoy for when I revive my more important members i.e. Typhlosion and Feraligatr. Hopefully she proves her worth against Brock and Misty later on.]

Ampharos Level 41
    ThunderPunch | Cotton Spore | Discharge | Thunder Wave
    [Thank god for Discharge. Gyarados killer and also useful to just kill off some weak enemies and stall until the rest of the team is back to fighting form.]

Pupitar Level 40
    Dark Pulse | Rock Slide | Earthquake | Dig
    [Overpowered by everything! Wish it would evolve but that isn't for FIFTEEN levels. Argh. Still, her Earthquake is useful against some of the enemies. Doing the same job as Meganium atm.]

Typhlosion Level 42
    Blast Burn | Shadow Claw | Extrasensory | Flamethrower
    [My god of fighting! Blast Burn is good to finish off pesky Bug-types quickly, and Flamethrower is also powerful and uses up less PP. Extrasensory and Shadow Claw work wonders on Gengar and the like.]

Feraligatr Level 41
    Crunch | Hydro Cannon | Dragon Claw | Waterfall
    [Pretty much my only viable Dragon slayer. Needs Ice Beam or a better Dragon move if it learns it, but Ice Beam's x4 damage to Lance's Dragonite's would be perfecto. A lifesaver.]

Scizor Level 41
    X-Scissor | Wing Attack | Strength | False Swipe
    [A powerhouse, if he learnt some better moves! Put Strength on him so I wouldn't need so many HM Slaves, but then it turns out that it makes no difference. Anyway, Wing Attack is great for the fighting types but it's Steel type also makes it weak. Argh.]

Improvements:
    Scizor needs Brick Break and Aerial Ace (perhaps Iron Head instead of False Swipe).
    Feraligatr needs Ice Beam.
    Pupitar needs some leveling, I think.

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    My Team in Heart Gold - got my 6th badge last night!

Butterfree - Hestia -Lv 40 - Expert Belt (Rt 30 lv 4)
    Gust, Stun Spore, Psybeam, Bug Buzz

Forretress - Perseus - Lv 38 (Ilex Forest Lv 8)
    Bug Bite, Protect, Mirror Shot, Strength

Yanmega - Aether - Lv 38 - Silk Scarf (Rt 35 Lv 12)
    Quick Attack, Detect, Ancient Power, Uproar

Parasect - Hermes - Lv 36 - Miracle Seed
    (Ilex Forest Lv 6)
    Cut, Spore, Leech Life, Bullet Seed

Ledian - Eros- Lv 35 - (Hatch'd Golden Rod City)
    Comet Punch, Light Screen, Mach Punch, Silver Wind

Heracross - Hercules - Lv 37 - (Azelea Town headbutt Lv 4)
    Aerial Ace, Leer, Brick Break, Horn Attack

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Restarted SS. Catching everything I come across, which I don't think I've ever done before. Training for Falkner. lol. MAy start a decent journal...

xVenomx

Gutsy Trainer
    Years
    I started from New Bark town a Few days ago, I can't believe how far I have come! My name is Shino, and I'm a Bug Trainer.

I met the Professor and he told me he was all out of Pokemon and just gave me a Few Pokeballs, so after dealing with my Mother and doing the chores around the house, I left home to do an errand for the Professor. I came across a Caterpie entangled in a Spinarak web. I quickly freed her and then she started to follow me.

She crawled up my arm and then I looked at those Beautiful Eyes of Hers and asked if she wanted to join me on my Journey and she hopped joyfully! So I got my first Pokemon.

We headed off on Route 29 towards Cherrygrove City. I ran into a few Pidgey and Caterpie took care of them with ease. As it took care of the 7th Pidgey she started to throw string all over her and then it evolved into Metapod.

I entered Cherrygrove city and took a rest for awhile when an Old man decided to give me new NIKE CROSS TRAINERS (Sweet running shoes).

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    My Team in Heart Gold - got my 6th badge last night!

Butterfree - Hestia -Lv 40 - Expert Belt (Rt 30 lv 4)
    Gust, Stun Spore, Psybeam, Bug Buzz

Forretress - Perseus - Lv 38 (Ilex Forest Lv 8)
    Bug Bite, Protect, Mirror Shot, Strength

Yanmega - Aether - Lv 38 - Silk Scarf (Rt 35 Lv 12)
    Quick Attack, Detect, Ancient Power, Uproar

Parasect - Hermes - Lv 36 - Miracle Seed
    (Ilex Forest Lv 6)
    Cut, Spore, Leech Life, Bullet Seed

Ledian - Eros- Lv 35 - (Hatch'd Golden Rod City)
    Comet Punch, Light Screen, Mach Punch, Silver Wind

Heracross - Hercules - Lv 37 - (Azelea Town headbutt Lv 4)
    Aerial Ace, Leer, Brick Break, Horn Attack

Im going to guess you like greek mythology

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Restarted again on my HG, this time I chose totodile. Just got to Mahogany town, and have started the team rocket fiasco. By luck, totodile was jolly, ampharos was modest (wild caught), scyther was jolly w/technician (bug catching contest, what luck!), houndoom was bred to be timid, and espeon is modest.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    So, I've beat Morty and am working on my team. I've played for 30 Hours and 48 Minutes and I've caught 53 Pokemon. I'm doing the best I've ever done. I think.

bOxieLiciOus

not here 4 lipsyncing
    Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2011
    i went to ecruteak and took care of the dance hall and the burned tower events.i also made my way through mt. mortar despite me not having surf, so that i could train inferno. she's level 20 now~ xx;

i want my team to be level 30+ before i challenge morty.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2013
    Just arrived in Cianwood... Gonna challenge the gym leader here. Annoying that repel doesn't work when you're surfing. Tentacool has to be one of the most annoying Pokemon... I can't wait to get fly.

Had an epic battle with a Corsola before I caught it to teach it surf. Damn that thing and it's recovery moves... took a long ass time. But it was well worth it, a very pretty addition to the team.

Having a great time playing through the game, nostalgia's great and I'm a lifetime fan.

Back